Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• I can understand the thinking behind this... mix it up and let people delve into their rosters and all that... But it totally punishes everyone who focused on the top tier teams in the game (and in many cases spent money to do it) . If it's a one off thing I can understand the novelty... but the complete lack of communication has everyone worried. Come on, CG... talk to your player base! Any amount of communication would have helped!
  • Hi everyone,
    This is my first post on these forum.
    I've been playing the game for 18 months now (2.1m). Spent a couple of hundreds on it. I'm happy with collecting my toons, not seeking to be the most effective.
    I don't own Revan, I don't own Traya.

But I've come here to write down that I completely disagee with this new Territory War toon banning thing.

I've looked at the banned ones and I'm not that affected by Revan and Traya bans.
    But as almost anyone said on this thread, the idea is counter productive.

Worse idea I've ever seen on the game so far.

I do not expect my post to make any difference in the development process (because it's abvious that posts from most active members are not read or at least not taken into account).

Karl
  • Karlito wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I've been playing the game for 18 months now (2.1m). Spent a couple of hundreds on it. I'm happy with collecting my toons, not seeking to be the most effective.
    I don't own Revan, I don't own Traya.

But I've come here to write down that I completely disagee with this new Territory War toon banning thing.

I've looked at the banned ones and I'm not that affected by Revan and Traya bans.
    But as almost anyone said on this thread, the idea is counter productive.

Worse idea I've ever seen on the game so far.

I do not expect my post to make any difference in the development process (because it's abvious that posts from most active members are not read or at least not taken into account).

Karl

More people like you need to speak up!
  • This is a piece of....garbage. Dear devs! If you really want the hate of the playerbase and later killing the game, you are doing great! Few more of these moves and you will see it too! I already stoped playing once and I considering doing it again. Good work!
  • BoZaNoVa
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "I have a Bad Feeling about this"
  • Was quite some time ago I wrote something on this forum as it's so heavily moderated (read: censured) but I have to say that this TW idea is probably their worst idea in a long long time (and CG have had their fair share of weird decisions and very poor community management but their handling of this takes the price). I haven't read a single positive comment regarding banning toons from my guild, arena shard, fleet shard, this forum or Reddit. CG don't make this out as you listen to the community as you clearly don't.

This game has had one short period of better community outreach and positive changes and that was when they were afraid of Marvel's game. I think the best we can hope for now is that a new mobile game comes out that can compete for players.

I haven't spend money in a long time since I got enough from some of their earlier "screw you community"-moments but was actually considering spending some to get the Falcon but then they a) pull something like this with TW; and b) create a pack with two ships I already have at 7 stars for the price of two full games...Nope don't think I will spend this time either.

I'm off now to farm any of the four BH-ships.
  • MajorP wrote: »
    Was quite some time ago I wrote something on this forum as it's so heavily moderated (read: censured) but I have to say that this TW idea is probably their worst idea in a long long time (and CG have had their fair share of weird decisions and very poor community management but their handling of this takes the price). I haven't read a single positive comment regarding banning toons from my guild, arena shard, fleet shard, this forum or Reddit. CG don't make this out as you listen to the community as you clearly don't.

This game has had one short period of better community outreach and positive changes and that was when they were afraid of Marvel's game. I think the best we can hope for now is that a new mobile game comes out that can compete for players.

I haven't spend money in a long time since I got enough from some of their earlier "screw you community"-moments but was actually considering spending some to get the Falcon but then they a) pull something like this with TW; and b) create a pack with two ships I already have at 7 stars for the price of two full games...Nope don't think I will spend this time either.

I'm off now to farm any of the four BH-ships.

Good call on the Marvel nonsense. This feels the same to me. I really like this game and have spent some money on it. No more spending for me. CG clearly doesnt care about thier player base. There's only so far anyone can go without any communication. I've said it before... I'll say it again: I have no problems with trying to mix things up... but when you completely ignore a whole forums worth of comments? This is stupid beyond words.
  • This is the worst idea ever CG. 1st let me explain to you what you should have done with this. First this stupid poll on your website. If you are going to poll your community make it in GAME. I'm sure you can afford it. Have it pop up just like Server patch and News Letter. Much better sampling data. Your core player base will read it and answer it. The more casual and newer player will pay attention on it after missing it the first time.

2nd, if you where planning on this inform waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay sooner. I have no way to help my guild. My f to c team are speed bump to make other guild waste a team. I may......may be able to field 1 or 2 b teams.My a team or what left of them will be not effect at all.

3rd, I think faction buffs was more what every one was looking for. Or if we are going this route to exclude toons make it faction specific to each zone. Like front zone top you can only use clone teams to defend. You can also do a combination of the 2 ideas. Top, front zone clone only to defend. They get bonus fighting all other teams unless you attack them with a droid team, if attacked by droid team said droid team gets the buffs instead. How much buffs if any can always be fine tuned.

4th, you could always do the reverse and exclude certain factions or characters from zones.
  • I'm apparently the stupid one for thinking any of my posting would matter.
  • Why continue this farce that the large majority of your players clearly don't want?
  • In 16 pages, most of what I was going to say, has been said and repeated, but still have to add a couple of words. This is just another utterly crap idea by CG/EA. Not a dime on this game for at least 2 months from me!
  • Got a message my feedback was deleted about switching from redacted to play to free to play so thanks for helping make up my mind CG. Can’t wait for the next feature nobody asks for or wants. But let’s ignore working on literally everything else that would make the game better. Like fixing challenge rewards, reworking old toons to make them more viable, new capital ships, etc etc etc.
  • Keep it fresh is very important. A game should always be updated to make people move and adapt.

However to take away from collector games is maybe not the right thing players want. I by myself certainly have no interest in this. Its similar to GA with its better chances if you do NOT collect platoon chars. It should better be implemented a reward system based on GM similar to TW.

I highly suggest the system of buffing characters (like Mace Windu, GG, Dooku etc) or factions. It was working well and being appreciated. Keep it fresh - but the way it provides fun.
  • What we talk about is discrimination... discrimination for characters => discrimination for users who invested time and money in it.
    I really don't see the fun part of that.
    And after all the messages posted here, against these absurd rules, I am really astonished and disappointed that CG maintains their road.
    I thinked that CG listen to his players by the time... I guess I was wrong.
    In my guild, the start of a TW is normally a good moment. Right now, overyone is depressed... even our most motivated co-players. I don't think that is a good thing...

I agree on the fact that TW can be even better but not like this.For exemple :
    - Change the territory layout /pattern to increase strategy, add some paths / give more points to certains territories
    - Add some bonus / malus / requirements to specific territories when fighting
    - Add some global guild bonuses after winning a specific territory
    All of these can improve the strategy part by defining key points and differents paths to victory
    And better, all of this can be managed automacally and quite randomly in order to let you spend time on new content.
  • This is madness
  • Karlito wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    @Karlito Welcome to the forum. :)

• I kinda like it :) Interesting to see what holds on defense
  • This is complete crap. Thanks for ruining my favorite part of the game. I will just place my neutered teams missing key characters on defense and collect the reward. This totally sucks the fun out.

TOTAL FAIL!
  • Ridiculous decision.
    Take the rewards and go forward.... hoping to win some day those 10 TW needed for the Jedi Master Quest......
  • Useless. I’ve never seen a company so out of touch with their player base. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Useless. I’ve never seen a company so out of touch with their player base. Absolutely ridiculous.

I did, the name is EA, and the game was star wars, the old republic...

• I quite like the idea!

It will force people to think of new team compositions to use and maybe think outside the box. Furthermore, it may encourage characters to be used that are usually forgotten or pushed to one side.

I don't see why people are crying about it.

For me TW was boring - just fighting against a wall of Revan's or whatever - same thing every single time. At least now I will get to fight some different teams and use some different characters of my own too. I'm quite looking forward to this TW

Well done CG!

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Unless you believe the vote was rigged, then all this teeth gnashing and hand wringing aimed at the developers should be targeting the community. They're the ones who voted not to use Revan et al.

Which makes this thread completely hilarious to read of course.
  • Why continue this farce that the large majority of your players clearly don't want?

You understand that there was a vote and the majority actually voted for the thing that you're angry about?
  • Due to GA we are comfortable using 12-14 squads now. TW only needs 8. therefore it was necessary to get rid of 7 competitive squads, I assume🤔
  • Ragnorak
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Unless you believe the vote was rigged, then all this teeth gnashing and hand wringing aimed at the developers should be targeting the community. They're the ones who voted not to use Revan et al.

Of course the vote was rigged, it should have been implemented in game, and even then CG was always going to remove the toons they wanted removing
  • Ragnorak wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »

Of course the vote was rigged, it should have implemented in game, and even then CG was always going to remove the toons they wanted removing

That's not rigged. That's just a different way of voting. At a wild guess, if Revan, Traya etc had won out the chosen method of polling wouldn't have been nearly as controversial.
  • i have no idea where u heard the positive feedback, but i didnt saw it anywhere. GA seems good on paper like the content for more serious and competetive players which should kinda replace TW, but out of all GA battles i fought only 2 worthy opponents (my GP was 3,9M-4,05M through all GAs). half of my opponents in GA gave up and not attacked me at all!! how fun and competetive is that??? oh yeah and add to that total trash rewards and GA is just long boring and total trash game mode. and now big thx for ruining TW, the best and only mode for competetive players and guilds that was in game and which was actaully GOOD mode like it was (except the time with ridiculous mace ofc).
  • Good job here, Devs.

gp4330gt8qq1.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.