The Obligatory "Can we have double drops post?" for the new OT Falcon Event

Prev1
HK22
644 posts Member
It was bound to happen so I just decided to make it. So can we have double drops for the first ever run of the OT Falcon event?

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I don’t believe there will be double drops , they typically announce that with event information.
    99% No double drops. (always leave 1% for error)
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I don't expect it either, but the topic was going to come up sooner or later. They did double drops for Chewie the first time around, but did not do it for C-3PO.
  • I dont expect ANY double drops, but they would go a long way with the community...just sayin CG! Make our dreams come true!
  • Hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha....ah...thanks OP, best laugh I've had all day.
  • There's been plenty of time to farm these, so I doubt we'll see any double drops. I've been doing 24 sims a day on the ships since they've been released. HT was actually finished before the other 2 dropped. IG and Xanadu finished this week. Not often can you finish these events that require new characters a week early without spending anything. This was a nice change of pace.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Double Drop again? Don't count on it, if you want Millenium Falcon go buy packs with $$.
  • nope, but they will add extra Slave 1 shards in the store bundle, to inflate the price and value of the purchase. they know those shards will be needed least of all... and this is a problem plaguing the whole game. every daily challenge is filled with gear we can't even use. most nodes in the game give out useless gear. the entire rewards in this game is a slap in the face.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    So can we have double drops for the first ever run of the OT Falcon event?

No. Christmas has come and gone mate.

• As much as I want this, it's not gonna happen. We were given sufficient time to farm, which I neglected to do. So here I am...panic farming. *sigh*
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The packs are your double drops, unfortunately. If they didn't do it for Revan, Chewbacca, or c3p0, they aren't going to do it for the Falcon. Only time in recent memory that I recall them doing it for an event was Phoenix for thrawn, because they were made farmable so close ro the event en masse.
    In general, Double drops tend to be a rare, random celebration-of-something type occurence.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    The packs are your double drops, unfortunately. If they didn't do it for Revan, Chewbacca, or c3p0, they aren't going to do it for the Falcon. Only time in recent memory that I recall them doing it for an event was Phoenix for thrawn, because they were made farmable so close ro the event en masse.
    In general, Double drops tend to be a rare, random celebration-of-something type occurence.

Weren't there BH bonus (not double) drops a while back? Was that for the first Chewie run?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There were bonus drops of BH one for each level of hard node, no doble drop, just bonus, like the one of clone wars in the mod battles.
  • Five star with focused farming isn’t unreasonable I think
  • Yea 5 star is doable - that’s where I’m at.

Some people have seen this coming since chewy first release so they’ve been grinding.

I’m like one event behind. Revan was redic. But got chewy and threepio. Will prob get falcon 5* and revan 2nd time around and miss whatever da legendary /hj in feb.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Just for the record, I made this post as a joke to get it out of the way. Anytime that we have a new legendary event people inevitably ask for bonus/double drops. Hence the "Obligatory" in the title.

Personally, I may be able to unlock a 5 star Falcon as XB/2000 are both four stars. There is no point stressing about it unless at 5 stars it can help break the Endurance Timeout Fleet.
  • I have the ships all at five stars. But just barely. I'll continue farming at the pace I am now and easily 7 star next time. I refresh each node once per day and use the 50 energy refreshes.

I actually have a stash of crystals but won't use them for a few reasons.

First, I think something bigger is coming.

Second, the packs for crystals will likely get me a ton of slave 1 shards or ht shards. I have both at 7 stars so they are a waste.

Double drops would be nice but at the very least separate the packs so you don't have to buy shards you don't need.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    OG MFalcon is a f2p gift. "Fun zone TW" is a F2P gift. Enough is enough
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    OG MFalcon is a f2p gift. "Fun zone TW" is a F2P gift. Enough is enough

No the tw change is a gift to those that have crappy rosters. I'm ftp and the banning wrecks lots of my teams because I farmed good toons.
  • you say potato, I say who gives a crap :)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    capifico22 wrote: »
    OG MFalcon is a f2p gift.

You're right, despite the sarcasm. Getting from 3* to 5* in this time frame with the hints that have been out there is not at all a problem.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Agreed, I'm going to comfortably get the falcon 7* for a $10 investment in IG2000 pack.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    K then I don't understand your post.

If you have any crystals you can then get it without any investment.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    Just for the record, I made this post as a joke to get it out of the way. Anytime that we have a new legendary event people inevitably ask for bonus/double drops. Hence the "Obligatory" in the title.

Personally, I may be able to unlock a 5 star Falcon as XB/2000 are both four stars. There is no point stressing about it unless at 5 stars it can help break the Endurance Timeout Fleet.
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

If time has told me something, its that if there is a kit that is a counter to your squad, add that character / ship to your own squad. Interested in seeing if the kit breaks the Endurance Timeout fleet and whether endurance teams can just adapt and include **** in the starting lineup to make it even worse
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

If time has told me something, its that if there is a kit that is a counter to your squad, add that character / ship to your own squad. Interested in seeing if the kit breaks the Endurance Timeout fleet and whether endurance teams can just adapt and include **** in the starting lineup to make it even worse

We will have to see. If it has Rebel synergy, it might make Home One and Rebels meta.

We will have to see. If it has Rebel synergy, it might make Home One and Rebels meta.

All the falcon needs is ignore taunt. Then just plug and play :)

All the falcon needs is ignore taunt. Then just plug and play :)

And Tenacity up for 2 turns and 205 base speed