We will provide the capital ship

Prev13
FishingKittens
32 posts Member
edited January 2019
What does this even mean? Will it be a maxed out capital ship with a zeta'd gear12+ pilot or will it be a bare bones one to make the event more challenging? Can we get some clarity here maybe?

Replies

• I'm sure you will get more information soon.
  • Means they want control of the cap ship power to make sure it isn't too easy.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Means they want control of the cap ship power to make sure it isn't too easy.

So the fleet version of pre loaded tm. Gotcha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

or its a fleet commander/ship we dont have yet....
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Sounds like they are either
    A- introducing an event only commander
    B- limiting us to Tarkin, who is not quite realistic, but is the closet we have to someone who would be hunting the Falcon. (Falcon is post-Windu, on Ackbar's side, and Thrawn was gone before Falcon was an issue)

me thinks it's B
  • HK666 wrote: »
    B- limiting us to Tarkin, who is not quite realistic, but is the closet we have to someone who would be hunting the Falcon. (Falcon is post-Windu, on Ackbar's side, and Thrawn was gone before Falcon was an issue)

me thinks it's B

Could be gg ship but hey thats just my speculation
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HK666 wrote: »

me thinks it's B

Could be gg ship but hey thats just my speculation
    I actually think it might be GG's ship too
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Yeah it's just to control the cap ship speed to balance the event around
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I think a star destroyer but a sneak peek at something new would be nice.
  • I am going to point to the post from a little bit ago and hope the 3 and 4 typo error points to a BH cap ship

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180340/bounty-hunter-capital-ship

The preloaded TM of the enemy team will come on top of that
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    There's some hope for an introduction of a new capital (finally), but messing with difficulty is the most probable reason. Just like how Thrawn is the forced lead in the mythic event...

The preloaded TM of the enemy team will come on top of that

The last few events haven't had preloaded TM (other than Han who gets to take a bonus turn - 100% TM - at the start of the battle), they've just been much more challenging. Rather than neutering your first moves by giving the enemy pre-loaded TM, they just made the enemies twice as fast as you lol
  • Would be cool to Introduce a new cap ship that way. Maybe a scoundrel cap but cg doesn’t really do that. I think there’s a great opportunity to show new toons that way. Especially in big events. It can really build excitement. But they haven’t. Some toons were in game as npcs but never with the promise of being in the game later on.

It will most likely be executor but with out g12 and 2 zetas and 6 dot mods lol which is fine. I’m just hoping the falcon has a really great kit and I can unlock at 5*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Would be cool to Introduce a new cap ship that way. Maybe a scoundrel cap but cg doesn’t really do that. I think there’s a great opportunity to show new toons that way. Especially in big events. It can really build excitement. But they haven’t. Some toons were in game as npcs but never with the promise of being in the game later on.

It will most likely be executor but with out g12 and 2 zetas and 6 dot mods lol which is fine. I’m just hoping the falcon has a really great kit and I can unlock at 5*

*Executrix. We don't have the Executor and likely never will, considering that Vader is already piloting his fighter.
  • Can anyone post the ingame messages?

Mine said we should have to have right star of the capital ship to enter...dunno its just a another translate problem or not...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Can anyone post the ingame messages?

Mine said we should have to have right star of the capital ship to enter...dunno its just a another translate problem or not...

Yes, we need to have a capital at appropriate stars, but we won't actually use it. Instead, they will provide one.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Would be cool to Introduce a new cap ship that way. Maybe a scoundrel cap but cg doesn’t really do that. I think there’s a great opportunity to show new toons that way. Especially in big events. It can really build excitement. But they haven’t. Some toons were in game as npcs but never with the promise of being in the game later on.

*Executrix. We don't have the Executor and likely never will, considering that Vader is already piloting his fighter.

We could get Admiral Piett at some point. Considering the nature of the event, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they gave us the Executor as the cap ship.
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Can anyone post the ingame messages?

Yes, we need to have a capital at appropriate stars, but we won't actually use it. Instead, they will provide one.

This. In my opinion this is how it will work:

If you are going for tier 5 where a 5 star capital ship is required, you will need a 5 star capital ship, but you will use their capital ship at a pre-determined power, speed, etc. 4 star for tier 4, 7 star for tier 7, etc.

Here is the exact wording from CG:

"We will provide a Capital Ship for you to use during the event, but you will also need to own any valid Capital ship of the correct star level to enter."

What if it’s an event-only Vader cap ship? That would fit the story best.
  • Executor will fill the whole screen and then some 😂 its like 10 times the size of Executrix
  • In any case if it is a new capital ship, you will further need the **** to unlock obviously ...
    Not exclusive enough otherwise ...
  • ah ah Millenium Falcon short is censored, should have guessed...
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    For a BH ship event, it would sort of make sense to not have a capital ship at all, but instead an event ability to call reenforcements (and ditto for the opposing fleet). I think it'd be an interesting change to rely solely on ships and not the capital ship.

I suspect the main reason they are providing the capital ship is because of Endurance and its ability to perma-taunt Hound's tooth with Crit Immunity. Executrix's Ultimate is probably also too powerful on player's versions - just stall with HT and Slave1 taunting until it's ready. This way they could provide an Executrix and adjust its stats to avoid the instakill after 5 turns.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I hope there will be any type of Exogorths, the space slugs in TESB. A battle inside a slug, cool ^^
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Xhedao wrote: »
    I hope there will be any type of Exogorths, the space slugs in TESB. A battle inside a slug, cool ^^

Lol im hoping they play a part as well
  • This is something that will totally never happen, because it goes way too far into the disbanded expanded universe, but it would be awesome if one day we got a capital ship for scoundrels and cargo ships and it was the Errant Venture.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Xhedao wrote: »
    I hope there will be any type of Exogorths, the space slugs in TESB. A battle inside a slug, cool ^^

Lol im hoping they play a part as well

Well, we got a ground animal - Wampa - so why not a space animal as well? Also some Mynocks to chew on the enemy ships' cables.
  • Of course they would have to bring in Booster Terrick to captain the Errant Venture and then boom we get a bunch of new Jedi in the game including Corran Horn.