Ship Arena dodging increase?

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I don't know how to make them correct this big but, i manage to make a video and a screenshot

Sorry it is in italian
    "Schivato" means "dodged"...
    How is it possible if biggs has breach???????????

Perhaps there is always a minimum 2% dodge chance after computing evasion bonuses and penalties? And then accuracy is applied against that? Only way I could see it legitimately happening, otherwise it sounds like it could be a broken kit bug.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I had 5s ship stunned with no buffs. It evaded my next attack. Does it work differently in ships than regular arena? I thought stunned characters can’t evade.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I had 5s ship stunned with no buffs. It evaded my next attack. Does it work differently in ships than regular arena? I thought stunned characters can’t evade.

I seem to remember they changed it in arena at some point to stop evades, so maybe they haven't done that for ships yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I don't know how to make them correct this big but, i manage to make a video and a screenshot

Sorry it is in italian

Perhaps there is always a minimum 2% dodge chance after computing evasion bonuses and penalties? And then accuracy is applied against that? Only way I could see it legitimately happening, otherwise it sounds like it could be a broken kit bug.

Sure wish that "2%" dodges happened as much for me as it does for the AI.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I had 5s ship stunned with no buffs. It evaded my next attack. Does it work differently in ships than regular arena? I thought stunned characters can’t evade.

I've seen a visual bug occasionally where a ship appears stunned, but isn't. It's pretty darn annoying when it unexpectedly attacks when it gets to its turn. Maybe that's what you saw?
  • Don’t think that was the case. Tie silencer had stunned him with basic. 5s hadn’t gained enough TM to clear it yet.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    🤔 this issue around the same time as a legendary ship release.

Sorry it is in italian

My hound had breach on itself... so it is a bug

Sorry it is in italian

With hound's passive there is -25% of evasion for ships with breach
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

Sorry it is in italian

With hound's passive there is -25% of evasion for ships with breach

Yes - but even with Tenacity Down, there's a 15% chance to resist. So perhaps the 2% dodge is a similar minimum for evasion, barring Accuracy bonuses. Really hard to tell without some dev input.
  • I had a stunned enemy dodge my attack just yesterday.

I win every fight, so I can't complain too much, but yeah: no stunned ship should dodge. Ever.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Just remove dodge from the game entirely. It's nothing but a frustrating mechanic. Whoever first introduced accuracy/evasion into video games should be... <thinking of something that won't be censored> ...lambasted?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Just remove dodge from the game entirely. It's nothing but a frustrating mechanic. Whoever first introduced accuracy/evasion into video games should be... <thinking of something that won't be censored> ...lambasted?

I don't mind leader evasion, evasion up buff, foresight, or even evasion from a unit's unique ability. Those you can plan for or workaround. But the flat 2% wildcard dodge could leave the game at any time.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Dodge helps you as much as it hurts you.
  • Breach with Hound's Tooth is now flagged as a bug, as it appears to reduce the Breached ship's accuracy, not evasion. If that ship's accuracy is reduced by 25%, that would increase the chance the target has to dodge.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Breach-lowers-accuracy-not-evasion/m-p/7016499#M17344
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Breach with Hound's Tooth is now flagged as a bug, as it appears to reduce the Breached ship's accuracy, not evasion. If that ship's accuracy is reduced by 25%, that would increase the chance the target has to dodge.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Breach-lowers-accuracy-not-evasion/m-p/7016499#M17344

Cool. I'm sick of my Kylo having attack up and advantage so his special should be an insta kill against pretty much anything get dodged match after match.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Dodge helps you as much as it hurts you.

While that is true, I think for most people the frustration is that it adds yet another layer of RNG into fleet battles. In a game mode that is already rife with it, more RNG is not a good thing, in most peoples' opinion.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    In a game mode that is already rife with it

There's plenty of ways around ship RNG. It's a problem for me maybe 1 out of every...I don't know...10 to 20 battles?

People who complain about RNG in ships are usually just going about it wrong.
  • TVF wrote: »

There's plenty of ways around ship RNG. It's a problem for me maybe 1 out of every...I don't know...10 to 20 battles?

I actually fought 3 fleet battles yesterday. Opposing non-geos dodged in all 3 (HT twice and Slave I twice in the same battle). It was a reminder why I normally only play 1/day.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I actually fought 3 fleet battles yesterday. Opposing non-geos dodged in all 3 (HT twice and Slave I twice in the same battle). It was a reminder why I normally only play 1/day.

HT was present. Flagged as a bug. Read above.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Breach with Hound's Tooth is now flagged as a bug, as it appears to reduce the Breached ship's accuracy, not evasion. If that ship's accuracy is reduced by 25%, that would increase the chance the target has to dodge.

Well that explains a lot of the weird issues discussed in this thread :) I guess if your accuracy is reduced you can miss a stunned ship.
  • It definitely has been. I’ve been noticing it for a couple of weeks, most especially with Tie Fighter and HT. Tie Fighter has around a 25% chance to dodge, depending on your gear. I noticed it for awhile and then decided to start tracking it. I’ve tracked it over the past four days, which I know is not a very large sample size, but here are the results:

23 attacks from avoidable attacks (I didn’t count vader since he can’t be evaded)
    15 dodges
    65% Dodge rate
    And no I didn’t count attacks when tfp had foresight up.

It is very noticeable. Tons of people in my shard have started using tfp again after benching him for a long time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »

Yeah but it was all a bit confusing...
    First he said "Breach itself doesn't apply that effect, it only applies -25% speed and -25% defense."
    I don't know where this is coming from...

Because the evasion/accuracy effect is only while HT is active, not part of breach itself.
  • Still think its odd this is occurring just before a legendary ship release.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Yes, I was just wondering where does it says that breach applies speed and defense debuffs.

Probably in the same place it says what stun does. They need an accessible glossary in this game. Like Dooku can inflict shock but you have to go to Palpatine to see what that is.
  • I use Anakin to give accuracy up and beats that problem.
  • So I've been tracking dodges since I posted this. Pretty much every match I am seeing at minimum two dodges. "Most" of the time those dodges are being done by tanks (HT, Biggs, Boba, etc) Yes, Tie Advanced, Phantom 2, Tie Fighters still dodge sometimes, but most dodges I've been watching were done by tanks, either mine or the AI's. Though I did even have the Tie Fighter dodge four times in a row one match (gotta happen at least once a week, right?), but I tend not to attack it unless it's with Tie Advanced or Poe so I don't feed TM to the AI's capital ship (that takes the 30% from the dodge and multiplies it to get two turns....).

Sure would be nice to know why tanks are dodging so much.

I would also add that yes, there are some days where I can fight five matches and I get crap rolls from RNG in every match. (today is a perfect example) One win in 6 matches against the same exact fleets I've been fighting for months. Not saying the AI just decides you are going to lose "today", but it sure is peculiar.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator

@Whatelse73