Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams (for example: eliminating Bastila after Revan was removed would be more punishing for Jedi than we wanted)...
    We’ll be paying attention to your feedback as we continue to explore new ways to keep Territory Wars fresh and fun....

1) So you "wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams..." yet we end up with the only Tank and main Damage Dealer & Cleanser removed from Nightsisters (who is also the only viable leader for many people who are without Talzin!) - we also end up with the best Tank and best Healer & Reviver removed from Jedi a faction that had only recently become viable again - good job entirely failing to meet your stated aims there then!!

2) You say you'll be "paying attention to player feedback..." and yet have blindly pushed on with this utterly terrible 'character ban' concept despite virtually universal hatred and condemnation of it from across the player base within your own forums and in various polls and posts on various other sites - good job entirely failing to listen to player feedback, clearly we will all now trust such platitudes less than ever going forwards! And I for one will NEVER pay for another in-game pack etc again given that you've made it crystal clear that you have no problems banning our use of paid for content whenever and however you see fit and have no respect for those financial investments or our feedback!

• Thanks for totally neutering, handicapping and decaffeinating the single best part of the game! If you guys don’t reverse course on this one, it really could be the beginning of the end.
  • Do you guys even read our comments?
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this TW. Having to Theorycraft some teams is a big part of why people like TW. It is funny when people say "I spent all this money on Revan to build up my roster...." He's 1/168 of your roster. Spending on one toon is not developing your roster.

We haven't had a straight TW since Oct. We barely had time to experiment vs Revan walls with different things before the Mace buff went into play which changed the dynamic greatly. Now we have 3PO in play, and all the corresponding new Ewok teams. Plus people had all of December to go crazy on gearing toons. I know my guild spent December going bonkers on Scoundrels.

In short, there was plenty of theory-crafting to be had without banning toons. That's the great thing about TW it constantly evolves without the devs having to monkey around with it.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    **Disclaimer: I still believe this change to TW is kitten. It's so kitten-ed up its practically a cat and a 1/2.

LOL I might need to use that in the future.
    Maybe it’s because I’m not in one of these 100mil+ GP guilds that I haven’t seen these. But still, the fact remains that this hurts early to mid-game players, and maybe long-term F2P. Like I have 5 FO toons. 2 of them are now banned. So that team is pretty much shot.

I've been player since near launch, so I have a very deep roster (not F2P, but I have yet to cross into irate sea bass level), but yeah, it alters everything all players, whether new or old, "spenders" or F2P have worked on. Frankly, imo, it completely disrespects the investment, in time/money/etc., the player base made in certain toons.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Haven't had TW in so long.... only to have it return like this. Why did I work so hard to gear up my toons again? Just to have them voted out of one of the few events where I can use them. Great.
  • Here is what 90% of the community here want to read from EA/GC

"Hi folks

Sorry we just realized that most of you have spent time and hundred or thousands of euros (or dollars) to build some teams with awesome characters.
    Also it's now clear for us that if you didn't do so we wouldn't have any job today, so we now understand that we must listen when community talk with us.
    Here is 500 cristals and 10 CW Chewbacca shards for the inconveniences."
    I'm looking forward to this TW. Having to Theorycraft some teams is a big part of why people like TW. It is funny when people say "I spent all this money on Revan to build up my roster...." He's 1/168 of your roster. Spending on one toon is not developing your roster.

We haven't had a straight TW since Oct. We barely had time to experiment vs Revan walls with different things before the Mace buff went into play which changed the dynamic greatly. Now we have 3PO in play, and all the corresponding new Ewok teams. Plus people had all of December to go crazy on gearing toons. I know my guild spent December going bonkers on Scoundrels.

In short, there was plenty of theory-crafting to be had without banning toons. That's the great thing about TW it constantly evolves without the devs having to monkey around with it.

and your scoundrels are completely untouched by the bans. Remember too all the "money" toons were banned by players not CG
  • It wouldn’t possibly be that some folks simply are able to look past the temporary inconvenience and changes, and are willing to try new things, .. . . .nah, that makes too much sense.
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »

Hi everyone, I’m Sven. You may remember me as the designer behind Bastila Shan (Fallen).

I wanted to provide a little more context for why we chose the groups we did for our picks.

We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams (for example: eliminating Bastila after Revan was removed would be more punishing for Jedi than we wanted). We also noticed that the general pattern of community voting was to target some of the most frustrating characters to play against. Of all the characters in the Capital Games groups, Enfys Nest stood out as falling into a similarly frustrating play pattern while not directly disabling or targeting specific squads, so we decided to keep the other three groups. Have fun in the Cantina! We’ll be paying attention to your feedback as we continue to explore new ways to keep Territory Wars fresh and fun.

@CG_SvenGG

Please, don't ever do this again.

This wasn't something the community wanted, or likes. The characters which were voted to be removed are the ones we WANT in TW. They're the toons we specifically gear and mod for TW. They're the toons we ask incoming players to our guilds to have starred, geared, and modded, specifically for TW.

Mess with GA all y'all want - no one gives a crap about GA. Do 3v3, 5v5, 1v1, 6v6, remove toons from Offense or Defense, whatever - again, no one cares what y'all do to GA.

But don't mess with TW. Give specific teams buffs in TW - y'all can use TW to promote whatever new factions you've released (eg, this month the new Star Wars Resistance toons have a buff in TW!); y'all can give certain factions buffs or abilities in TW (eg, this month every time Ugnaught moves he annihilates an enemy droid!). But beyond that, making wholesale changes to TW should be forbidden. Verboten.

TW is **football**. TW is **sacred**. TW is the only reason many of us high GP players even **play** this game. Messing with TW threatens the very justification for us whaling out on all of the toons y'all released late last year.

Please. For the love of the game. STOP IT. Staaaaaahp.

Respectfully,

Darth JarJar
    Dark Lords

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
    yohann269 wrote: »

and your scoundrels are completely untouched by the bans. Remember too all the "money" toons were banned by players not CG

Dengar, Jango Fett, IG-88, Han Solo, and Enfys Nest are all "scoundrels". So, come again?
  • TW was only evolving because of all the marquee toons released in 2018. We basically had the same bonuses for all of the TWs. Then they dropped the old BH/Scoundrel/FO/Resistance bonuses for 4 toon Bonuses, then we had 1 TW with no bonuses at all. So there hasn't been much evolving. At least now CG is commited to changing those bonuses on a regular basis.
  • Things like this is what you GA for! Leave it alone for god sake.. Nobody asked for this?
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

Dengar, Jango Fett, IG-88, Han Solo, and Enfys Nest are all "scoundrels". So, come again?

You can choose to take that comment about Scoundrels meaning Bounty Hunters but that was not the intent. Also Han Solo has been around for over 2 years he's not new to TW or the game.
    TW was only evolving because of all the marquee toons released in 2018. We basically had the same bonuses for all of the TWs. Then they dropped the old BH/Scoundrel/FO/Resistance bonuses for 4 toon Bonuses, then we had 1 TW with no bonuses at all. So there hasn't been much evolving. At least now CG is commited to changing those bonuses on a regular basis.
    Hmm....I’d consider experimenting with new bonuses in November “evolving.” Also, where do you get the impression that CG is committed to changing bonuses regularly now?
  • One reads this thread, and gets the impression that the world is about to end. It amazes me how much people can whine about something as trivial as a few characters not being available in a single event. So you have to think up some new strategies and discover some new synergies? The horror!

So Ventress and zombie will be unavailable. The remaining nightsisters still have a lot of synergy, and if you can't make a full nightsister squad, each nightsister has abilities that can work well on various teams, including stuns, heals, dots, plague, revives, crit synergy and massive dmg.

Imperial troopers still have Veers, range trooper, snowtrooper, magmatrooper and stormtrooper, and if some of these aren't strong enough in your roster, there are plenty of viable replacements. Thrawn works well with the troopers, and if you have a zeta on Veers, a fast Leia will work wonders with them, by feeding them TM. A fast R2 can stealth and give the troopers 10% TM at the start of a battle.

Kru teams still have their strongest characters. Combine them with a character like zBarriss and the team can be a real pain to deal with.

Plenty of characters will work with bounty hunters as well, depending on which leader you use. A B2 battle droid under a Bossk leadership can do wonders for example. Think outside the box. There are so many possibilities.
    Also Han Solo has been around for over 2 years he's not new to TW or the game.

Sorry, but not sure what that’s got to do with anything...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'm trying to understand the upside for cg. This doesn't help them get any money, makes people angry, all in order to...well, see first sentence. I don't get it. 3v3 was fun and interesting, 6v6 with 2 leaders would be crazy, but this? why?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I hope CG knows that people voting doesn't mean they like this idea
    I asked all my guild to vote to make sure at least we tried to lean the vote on our favor... I assumed there wasn't any chance for this to be reversed...
    We voted to help getting Revan out of this, which is really unfair for people that have him unlocked, the same with all the rest of charcaters

@CG_SBCrumb we're really invested in TW, it keeps guilds aligned and in contact, we just experienced a month without TW and our guild chats were pretty much dead... if you want to maintain guilds cooperating, don't kill the interesting guild events... TW is my (and my guild) favorite guild game mode of the game! I don't want it to be playful and NOT competitive!
  • Once more for the record: This is a terrible idea that sucks the life out of TW. Not fun at all.
  • What the flying F! This is the most convoluted mess I’ve ever seen. People have worked for years to build these squads, they’re the lifeblood of a guild. It was never broken, we only liked the buffs from the clone wars event.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The main reason I hate this is now that Dengar is out I cannot advance in the BH quest. Total garbage. Yet another stall.

I’ve been stalled on this quest for over a month due to no TW’s. Please CG, update quests that have TW as prerequisites to move on.

• Since you decided to remove my last post saying that is was against TOS, which by the way it wasn't, I'm going to repost it.

They said they appreciated our feedback, so you should go to your app store and give them your feedback.

Just so the 'everyone' understand, I am not suggesting that you quit, stop spending or lower your review scores.

I am suggesting you go and make a review. What you do with that review is completely up to you. Feel free to give any score you want. you want to say its 5* and perfect, that is your choice.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • They will never care about Players
  • You've ruined one of the best parts of the game. When i saw the list and noticed that you gutted every team I've worked on over the last year I realized that CG's idea of "fun" is to punish players who have gone after the best time in the game. FYI that's not "fun"! Why should i have my best toons taken away in one of my favorite game modes?

Last TW you have some insane bonus to some seriously weak toons and that was loads of fun. Everyone would love to see the Clone get some crazy bonus that make them Revan killers or something like that. Heck even have the community vote on which toons get the crazy bonuses.

But for the love of God, don't ban the toons that I've worked so hard on once the last year. It doesn't feel good to be punished for spending money on the best toons only so you don't get to use them in the best game mode.
  • I'm wondering how long until this debacle goes live? I'm thinking a few months (they will claim they found a bug and need more testing) in hopes everyone forgets about it.
  • Sydre
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's quite funny to look at this post and read all the ppl complaining that this will make teams useless or not fun. CG adding a different bonus each month would not keep the mode fresh or change it other than in the most minor or ways. It's not the end of the world and all your characters aren't useless. What the hell do you think happened b4 Treya, Revan, FO, etc(meta like teams) there were other metas and combos. How do you know you won't like it? You haven't given it a chance. It's like many parents have seen children love to say I don't like this food or that food for many reasons, e.g. look and smell, but once they try it they end up liking it or they still may dislike it, but they don't know until they give it a fair chance.

I say in 4 to 6 months, if cg does this again, the communities collections will evolve and a few things will happen. First off, cg would probably rotate voting blocks. Secondly, more ppl may have revan, treya, chewie, c3p0, nest, bossk, etc. and those characters may not be the targets of the ban hammer. Lastly, cg will probably drop more characters too adding to the pool of ppl we have access to in total. Some of them maybe p2p

Overall, I think this will legitimately remove the monotony off using the same few teams over and over with the exception of the 1 or 2 factions/characters that get bonuses
  • Treyhorse wrote: »
    Do you guys even read our comments?

They do....then they do this:

gT83EWF.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
This discussion has been closed.