Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It bothers me that someone at EA/CG came up with this idea, thought it was good and they are going through with it.

Now I’m seeing for people to ask for the same thing in arena smh 🤦‍♂️

If the reason for EA to do this is to force us to gear toonswe never use....what about making these never used toons better by updating old toons abilities and skills more frequently instead of adding new toons every freaking month?

EA are you listening??
  • Unissei
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Well I have 3 teams that I am using in the game that is actually geared enough , basically I can't use any of them in territory war. I am looking forward to being useless for my guild.

Wouldn't it be better if you give us the chance to ban a few characters on the preparation day. It would give us way more strategic option, instead of destroy half of the players working setup.
  • Kithryn
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Sydre wrote: »
    It's quite funny to look at this post and read all the ppl complaining that this will make teams useless or not fun. CG adding a different bonus each month would not keep the mode fresh or change it other than in the most minor or ways. It's not the end of the world and all your characters aren't useless. What the hell do you think happened b4 Treya, Revan, FO, etc(meta like teams) there were other metas and combos. How do you know you won't like it? You haven't given it a chance. It's like many parents have seen children love to say I don't like this food or that food for many reasons, e.g. look and smell, but once they try it they end up liking it or they still may dislike it, but they don't know until they give it a fair chance.

I say in 4 to 6 months, if cg does this again, the communities collections will evolve and a few things will happen. First off, cg would probably rotate voting blocks. Secondly, more ppl may have revan, treya, chewie, c3p0, nest, bossk, etc. and those characters may not be the targets of the ban hammer. Lastly, cg will probably drop more characters too adding to the pool of ppl we have access to in total. Some of them maybe p2p

Overall, I think this will legitimately remove the monotony off using the same few teams over and over with the exception of the 1 or 2 factions/characters that get bonuses

If this were perhaps a special run of TW you might have a point. However, with the first TW we've had in a month it's a hard slap to the guilds who focused and worked hard at this game mode. Their first return to fun has been changed from a competitive mode where hard work was reward to one where you hope you have enough non main stream teams to squeak by.

You can wave the flag of it's fun to try new things, but it's not fun to have your investment ruined. And that's what we are talking about here. Revan, Traya, Even GK are large investments and on a whim they have been set aside... that's a devaluation of the character on a whim and people have a right to be angry.

I mean.. even investment aside, guilds have put in a lot of work to get ready and now most if not all of that work is largely made invalid... If you don't want to play TW competitively fine, but don't tell people who do that they have no right or reason to be angry.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    CG goes on holidays again?
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this TW. Having to Theorycraft some teams is a big part of why people like TW. It is funny when people say "I spent all this money on Revan to build up my roster...." He's 1/168 of your roster. Spending on one toon is not developing your roster.

We haven't had a straight TW since Oct. We barely had time to experiment vs Revan walls with different things before the Mace buff went into play which changed the dynamic greatly. Now we have 3PO in play, and all the corresponding new Ewok teams. Plus people had all of December to go crazy on gearing toons. I know my guild spent December going bonkers on Scoundrels.

In short, there was plenty of theory-crafting to be had without banning toons. That's the great thing about TW it constantly evolves without the devs having to monkey around with it.

and your scoundrels are completely untouched by the bans. Remember too all the "money" toons were banned by players not CG

False as CG set the parameters of the bans so in fact all the toons were banned by CG.
    I'm looking forward to this TW. Having to Theorycraft some teams is a big part of why people like TW. It is funny when people say "I spent all this money on Revan to build up my roster...." He's 1/168 of your roster. Spending on one toon is not developing your roster.

We haven't had a straight TW since Oct. We barely had time to experiment vs Revan walls with different things before the Mace buff went into play which changed the dynamic greatly. Now we have 3PO in play, and all the corresponding new Ewok teams. Plus people had all of December to go crazy on gearing toons. I know my guild spent December going bonkers on Scoundrels.

In short, there was plenty of theory-crafting to be had without banning toons. That's the great thing about TW it constantly evolves without the devs having to monkey around with it.

and your scoundrels are completely untouched by the bans. Remember too all the "money" toons were banned by players not CG

False as CG set the parameters of the bans so in fact all the toons were banned by CG.

+10000 for an awesome forum name. #LOTRFOREVER
  • ...we didn‘t collect all the toons and gear to not use them in upcoming TWs. Instead of bringing up fresh and new game modes devs come up with this nonsense. No one likes that restricted TW game mode!
  • Whew! It took me a while to catch up to this run away train.
    I love this game. In a way it is like a form of meditation for me and gives me a break from life's stressors and hardships.
    In the previous 60 page rant I made several posts about how this has hurt my lower level Guild, ruined our new strategy that we were excited about that might have given us our first win. I spent waaaaaaay too much of my own resources on that strategy, specifically turbo boosting my Nightsisters. I just earned my very first G12 toon...you will never guess who? Jango...ouch.
    This is hurting many of the members in this community in different ways. But I think the company is being very short sighted into how this ban potentially could hurt them. People are already talking about banning spending of their own until after this ban either gets cancelled or passes by and becomes a memory. Some are just leaving with or without a parting shot or warning. I can't even imagine what would happen to their future earnings if even part of this overwhelming majority against this went into play store and rated the game into the ground. Future potential players deciding on which game app to load would see all of the negative comments and low ratings and take a different path... their loss because it is a great game overall, but even bigger loss for this company.
    IMO this is a very bad business decision.
    Easy solution...get yourself out of the corner you have backed yourself into and send a simple "in game" question sent to every community member's inbox:
    Do you want us to ban characters in the next (or any) TW?
    1. Yes
    2. No
    When you get the answer, whatever that may be...use real listening skills, communicate and take the appropriate action.
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »

Hi everyone, I’m Sven. You may remember me as the designer behind Bastila Shan (Fallen).

I wanted to provide a little more context for why we chose the groups we did for our picks.

We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams (for example: eliminating Bastila after Revan was removed would be more punishing for Jedi than we wanted). We also noticed that the general pattern of community voting was to target some of the most frustrating characters to play against. Of all the characters in the Capital Games groups, Enfys Nest stood out as falling into a similarly frustrating play pattern while not directly disabling or targeting specific squads, so we decided to keep the other three groups. Have fun in the Cantina! We’ll be paying attention to your feedback as we continue to explore new ways to keep Territory Wars fresh and fun.

@CG_SvenGG

Please, don't ever do this again.

This wasn't something the community wanted, or likes. The characters which were voted to be removed are the ones we WANT in TW. They're the toons we specifically gear and mod for TW. They're the toons we ask incoming players to our guilds to have starred, geared, and modded, specifically for TW.

Mess with GA all y'all want - no one gives a crap about GA. Do 3v3, 5v5, 1v1, 6v6, remove toons from Offense or Defense, whatever - again, no one cares what y'all do to GA.

But don't mess with TW. Give specific teams buffs in TW - y'all can use TW to promote whatever new factions you've released (eg, this month the new Star Wars Resistance toons have a buff in TW!); y'all can give certain factions buffs or abilities in TW (eg, this month every time Ugnaught moves he annihilates an enemy droid!). But beyond that, making wholesale changes to TW should be forbidden. Verboten.

TW is **football**. TW is **sacred**. TW is the only reason many of us high GP players even **play** this game. Messing with TW threatens the very justification for us whaling out on all of the toons y'all released late last year.

Please. For the love of the game. STOP IT. Staaaaaahp.

Respectfully,

Darth JarJar
    Dark Lords

^This.

And what the other guy said about the quests.
    You gave us TW win prizes, but the quests didn't register a win, so we're still waiting (for example, I am trying to win 4 times to get Jedi Master..)...
  • 40h8zdq6rx9b.gif
    A reaction in gifs.
  • r82d0uba0fnb.gif
    iec6p2qsv1cp.gif
    ps0h6yzaiiwi.gif
    7mdqg3osv418.gif
    TW was only evolving because of all the marquee toons released in 2018. We basically had the same bonuses for all of the TWs. Then they dropped the old BH/Scoundrel/FO/Resistance bonuses for 4 toon Bonuses, then we had 1 TW with no bonuses at all. So there hasn't been much evolving. At least now CG is commited to changing those bonuses on a regular basis.

Isn't that the point though. Every new toon dropped, can cause some sort of evolution to TW. Especially with the waves of factions we got in 2018 be it Solo Scoundrels, new BH, and Old Republic. Then the back end of 18 we got game changing toons like Chewie, Revan, and 3PO. The BH, Scoundrel, and Old Republic additions all fundamentally changed TW in 2018. Revan changed TW. The Nov Buffs we got fundamentally changed TW for that month.

The key part to all the changes is they were all additions not subtractions.
  • i agree...i want to use my toon and i can't...it's ridicolous, in arena to stay top i must use the same team every day, the only one place where i can use it is tw and ga...now i can't in tw and the next ga is nonsense in the last week of the month...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    It wouldn’t possibly be that some folks simply are able to look past the temporary inconvenience and changes, and are willing to try new things, .. . . .nah, that makes too much sense.

what's the upside?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I know they are going to ban me from forum but we are spenders and now they restrict us to play what we have paid for. Its a certain refund opportunity for those who has not applied yet. And I am quite sure that this is against terms&conditions as well as illegal.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It wouldn’t possibly be that some folks simply are able to look past the temporary inconvenience and changes, and are willing to try new things, .. . . .nah, that makes too much sense.

what's the upside?

Trying new teams?

There's also the fun of watching people lose their minds over this, which I consider a pretty high upside. Fairly satisfied on that front so far.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordInuy wrote: »
    i agree...i want to use my toon and i can't...it's ridicolous, in arena to stay top i must use the same team every day, the only one place where i can use it is tw and ga...now i can't in tw and the next ga is nonsense in the last week of the month...

because TB and Raids don't exist? lots of game modes to use your roster. And I see lots of variability in Arena, to say there is only 1 team is not true at all.
    TW was only evolving because of all the marquee toons released in 2018. We basically had the same bonuses for all of the TWs. Then they dropped the old BH/Scoundrel/FO/Resistance bonuses for 4 toon Bonuses, then we had 1 TW with no bonuses at all. So there hasn't been much evolving. At least now CG is commited to changing those bonuses on a regular basis.

Isn't that the point though. Every new toon dropped, can cause some sort of evolution to TW. Especially with the waves of factions we got in 2018 be it Solo Scoundrels, new BH, and Old Republic. Then the back end of 18 we got game changing toons like Chewie, Revan, and 3PO. The BH, Scoundrel, and Old Republic additions all fundamentally changed TW in 2018. Revan changed TW. The Nov Buffs we got fundamentally changed TW for that month.

we can just agree to disagree. This may not be my favorite TW iteration but It's not the end of the world so many are making it out to be.

we can just agree to disagree. This may not be my favorite TW iteration but It's not the end of the world so many are making it out to be.

The implication "We" wanted it is what angers me. TW can do what it likes and soar or crash and burn, I couldn't care less. Lies.. yeah, then I'm interested.
  • How will this affect the matchmaking? Will they be included or excluded from the TW matchmaking algorithm? @CG_SBCrumb
  • How have you guys not responded? @CG_SBCrumb
  • There are a lot of people in the Dev world that just do not get it, so in my line of work I like to bring it down to the lowest common denominator and this is what we call "Barney Style". Lets look at a case study...if we wanted a Male individual to procreate, and we wanted to make it "More fun" we would give that individual 3 maybe 4 women willing to help that individual with the case study...Now if we were to say we are going to cut half his **** off but leave his balls, well that does not seem like it would be as much "FUN". Seriously guys when there is a sale on stupid soup you do not have to buy it by the barrel and make stupid soup sandwiches for all your co-workers. Who ever thought this was a good idea really should be demoted because it is weak and desperate on the I have an idea side...couple that with a death march to release and you have this really bad idea...me myself I used to budget 50.00 per week on the game because it was fun...but seeing that upper management is riddled with "good" ideas I think I will F2P and see if this game has legs for the distance or if there will be more "Good Ideas" in the making.
  • I’m going to be missing 11.7% of my total GP or 358K worth of characters.
  • Most of the time I tend to be enthusiastic about the game, and most of the time, I think that there are far too much negative and spiteful reactions on this forum on subjects that do not deserve it. Hell, even Revan paywall that restrains F2P to get it second time only did not shock me really.

But this is really a toxic idea. You do not prevent people from playing the toon they love or invest in or design strategies around in the guild PVP events. This is obviously breaking the fun. I get it that as game designers you have to surprise the players by new approach to old stuff, but this is not a way to improve TW. I think there are plenty of better ideas to accomplish this.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member

Oh yeah, it's totally fine screwing people once in a while and it's their own fault if they can't handle it and lose the fun to the game. And of course it's fine too negating all the time and effort you used to build characters so you have to play with undergeared scrap. Mhm, what does this remind me to.. Ah, i know! It's called the very begin of the game! So hey, why not doing the Thanos in every TW and ban half of all characters by random? This is new and exiting and everyone will love it, hooray!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn

The implication "We" wanted it is what angers me. TW can do what it likes and soar or crash and burn, I couldn't care less. Lies.. yeah, then I'm interested.

The old model was getting boring, it was the same teams every week. the biggest issue was how many Revans do I have vs how many do you have. The Mace/CUP Bonuses helped freshen it up a bit. This is also doing the same thing but obviously in a different manor. It was fun thinking about Off vs Def teams. I realize i'm in the minority and I'm not a FTP player.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

Oh yeah, it's totally fine screwing people once in a while and it's their own fault if they can't handle it and lose the fun to the game. And of course it's fine too negating all the time and effort you used to build characters so you have to play with undergeared scrap. Mhm, what does this remind me to.. Ah, i know! It's called the very begin of the game! So hey, why not doing the Thanos in every TW and ban half of all characters by random? This is new and exiting and everyone will love it, hooray!

Is TW like the only reason you wake up each day or something?

I promise life will go on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Shill account? Probably *** alt!

• We usually get responses to things like this at the end of Friday before they leave for the weekend. I hope the answer comes sooner, either the end of today's workday or tomorrow before lunch. We need responses that demonstrate comprehension and genuine thought towards addressing the issue. Please do not give us a boilerplate response just before the weekend. I love this game and have played since it started. I was finally starting to enjoy TW a little bit, and now this spoils it.
  • We usually get responses to things like this at the end of Friday before they leave for the weekend. I hope the answer comes sooner, either the end of today's workday or tomorrow before lunch. We need responses that demonstrate comprehension and genuine thought towards addressing the issue. Please do not give us a boilerplate response just before the weekend. I love this game and have played since it started. I was finally starting to enjoy TW a little bit, and now this spoils it.

What are you hoping for? them dropping this TW? It's not going to happen. They compromised by not banning as many toons as originally stated.
This discussion has been closed.