Which scoundrel should I zeta?

Prev1
Lio
1003 posts Member
edited January 2019
Hey everybody,

So while I'm in the farming-ewoks-and-KOTOR-toons-and-BH ships limbo this game has evolved into, I decided to focus on my scoundrel team in the meantime (by the time I get Revan and C3P0 I'll have plenty of more zetas and gear).

I have the following 7* stars and Gear XI: Young Han, Qira, Vandor Chewie, Young Lando, L3-37.

I have Zaalbar and Mission Vao at 6* (almost 7*) and like Gear VIII.

I have OT Han and OT Chewie at 7* and Gear XII with a zeta on a each.

I haven't even started farming Enfys Nest.

SO if you had the toons above and wanted to begin focusing on a team to help in GA, TW, TB, and some raids, who would you zeta first and why?

Which scoundrel should I zeta? 89 votes

Qira's unique
8%
PhoenixeonRigglerNephilymSicoDyasRydia131Bosske2018RiseUp2002MAYOH218 8 votes
Young Han
3%
Levldennishsnyder57Riffinator 3 votes
Vandor Chewie
61%
DwinkelmEventineElessedilAycee1UltraUgnaughtBulldog1205Charlo999VertigoNo_TrykevsmartTeeeemPuddis95KalanoGcdevilCombatCommander7RiszTekkarEdorfKurrganKyJoe_CoolKillbot5000 55 votes
Young Lando
0%
L3-37
4%
DroidekaHugeMookow23Nihion 4 votes
Mission Vao
11%
Dal_ZubaHyperCalm1KiritoismynameIkky2winSwitcherooskate79CadoaBaneLethoiunDarthVeritlynThin_Liz_217 10 votes
Zaalbar
4%
VinniarthCyprusFREEDOMfromBlueBoogieMan 4 votes
Other
5%
Cesare_SwiftNilatsRake6MurderBearsOvermegasixwave 5 votes

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vandor Chewie
    Vandor for shore.

Auto-revives are dope.

After that I'd probably do Mission & Z if you're gonna use them with scoundrels. If you're gonna wait for the newer OR squad to use them then Young Han's is pretty great.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Vandor Chewie
    Vandor is an absolute must

The rest are not needed but Mission and Zaalbar’s helps and strengthens the team a lot and the duo can be subbed in other teams too
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Vandor Chewie
    I run Scoundrels in Arena. Vandor is first no question. In order for him to work best he needs to be with 2 tanks. Preferably L3 and Z. I have battles where he has revived L3 and Chewie 5+ times against CLS.

Next zetas would be Qira Mission Z YHan in that order. Young Han is not arena worthy but great on TW D and in raids.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vandor Chewie
    Also - with Nihuls and RHan and Traya and Revan being out of TW this week, 2 tank Scoundrel teams are going to cost people dearly to beat if you have zeta Vandor. It will take JTR or a really good CLS team. That removes literally the all of the teams ahead of me in Arena but CLS and CLS is easy for Scoundrels.
  • Vandor Chewie
    Vandor is the foundation of any full scoundrel team, and he doesn’t work without his zeta. Mission and Zaalbar zetas are awesome as well, but before those you absolutely need vandor's.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Vandor Chewie
    1fof785ookw2.png

There. Replace RHan and Chewie with Mission and Z and you should have a good team for TW this week.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    1fof785ookw2.png

There. Replace RHan and Chewie with Mission and Z and you should have a good team for TW this week.

That's super exciting to see. I might have to just copy your arena team!

But thanks for the insight!
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Thanks everybody for the input!

I think I'm going to end up doing zetas in this order:

Vandor Chewie -> Qira -> Mission -> Big Z -> Young Han

Or do you think I need to put OT Chewie's 2nd zeta somewhere in there first? Like, before Qira or something.
  • Vandor Chewie
    Qi'ra zeta is very important, so are both of chewies.
    Vandor is the absolute must. Zaalbar is very helpful.

I zeta'd l3, but its only a good zeta for droids. If you run droids it is a must, its like a better version of savior because it works once for each droid.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It's like a worse version of savior because it doesn't come with Revan. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vandor Chewie
    I owe my beloved Scoundrel team to VonZant's early wisdom - thanks dude!
    Running Scoundrels without zVandor is pointless! (Like many of the other posters, I also have Qi'ra, Big Z and Mission also zeta-ed, in that order)
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I owe my beloved Scoundrel team to VonZant's early wisdom - thanks dude!
    Running Scoundrels without zVandor is pointless! (Like many of the other posters, I also have Qi'ra, Big Z and Mission also zeta-ed, in that order)

I've seen VonZant's scoundrel wisdom on here before... but didn't have the chance to apply it till now.

But once again, I appreciate everybody's input! I'm excited to see these rabble-rousers pumped up.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Vandor Chewie
    I zeta’d Qira at the end I think her unique is a nice bonus but Mission and Z take more priority
  • Vandor Chewie
    I honestly just got lucky. I just Liked the movie and Vandor from day 1 and geared him and the Solo toons - then Chewie came out. He changed them from a great defensive team to a somewhat viable arena team. If you have 3p0 or Traya or Revan, you should probably not run Scoundrels in arena unless its just for fun. But I do like being the only one in top 100. And I know it makes me a target and I still dont fall past 70 usually so they must be annoying as heck to fight.
  • Vandor Chewie
    I'm holding around the same - and looking forward to the TW next week when there are no Nihilus or Zombies to ruin the day. I might even put them in the front line as a challenge to the opposing guild!
    "Fight me", I believe is the mot du jour ;-)
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I run Scoundrels in Arena. Vandor is first no question. In order for him to work best he needs to be with 2 tanks. Preferably L3 and Z. I have battles where he has revived L3 and Chewie 5+ times against CLS.

Next zetas would be Qira Mission Z YHan in that order. Young Han is not arena worthy but great on TW D and in raids.

VonZant, where would you put OT Chewie's second zeta (Raging Wookie) in there? After Qira? I already have "Loyal Friend" zeta'd.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vandor Chewie
    I would do it last. Its not spectacular but its helpful if you plan on running them in arena where you will see a lot of Nihilus.

Also to clarify my earlier post - on D Vandor needs 2 tanks. In arena, L3 alone is fine. The team suffers from low damage with 2 tanks which hurts you in arena. On D in TW and GA its fine. Still thr team has a tough time against Revan and Traya but eats NS and Bastilla on Auto and can Beat CLS +3PO 90% of the time. Not sure how they do against JTR because I dont see them anymore.
  • Vandor Chewie
    I would do it last. Its not spectacular but its helpful if you plan on running them in arena where you will see a lot of Nihilus.

Also to clarify my earlier post - on D Vandor needs 2 tanks. In arena, L3 alone is fine. The team suffers from low damage with 2 tanks which hurts you in arena. On D in TW and GA its fine. Still thr team has a tough time against Revan and Traya but eats NS and Bastilla on Auto and can Beat CLS +3PO 90% of the time. Not sure how they do against JTR because I dont see them anymore.

I still run two tanks in arena and hold in the top 100 by doing 2 or 3 battles a day.
    I avoid traya because i cant deal enough damage to kill anyone before nihilus does his thing. 2 tanks works really good vs revan, otherwise i lose.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

I still run two tanks in arena and hold in the top 100 by doing 2 or 3 battles a day.
    I avoid traya because i cant deal enough damage to kill anyone before nihilus does his thing. 2 tanks works really good vs revan, otherwise i lose.

Which 5 do you run, @Killbot5000 ?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Vandor Chewie
    @Killbot5000

How do you do against CLS/3P0? I find them really easy and win 99% of thr time. I wish there were more of them and would climb higher.
  • Vandor Chewie
    @Killbot5000

How do you do against CLS/3P0? I find them really easy and win 99% of thr time. I wish there were more of them and would climb higher.

I can auto them.
    Revan with jolee is a pain, traya teams are a pain.
  • Vandor Chewie
    Lio wrote: »

Which 5 do you run, @Killbot5000 ?

Qira, nest, l3, zaarbal, vandor
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    @VonZant & @Killbot5000

I switched my arena team to this one and I instantly jumped in the rankings! I was always floating around 250 and now I'm around 100. I got to 84 for the first time yesterday! Thank you both very much for the insight.

f9assu88ol21.png
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    @VonZant @Killbot5000

Follow-up question for you both: what's the tactic when facing Revan and Traya? You both also mentioned that CLS+C3P0 teams are easy wins for you but I tried one and I got annihilated hahaha
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Vandor Chewie
    Against CLS stun Chewie with Hans open. Then focus him down first. Just ignore 3PO. Make sure Han uses his buff first to get Vandor going. Then Vandor opens with his special attack. That will get him prepared faster. After that only use his basic unless you are about to finish somone off. You can lose against the team if they get some lucky crits on Vandor or Chewie at the start but should be an easy win.

On Traya, its crit or miss. Kill Sion with crits first, or you lose. Ive tried killing Traya first, but then Sion will time me out.

I just avoid Revan. Plenty of CLS to pick on. You should also be able to crush NS teams if you have any.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Against CLS stun Chewie with Hans open. Then focus him down first. Just ignore 3PO. Make sure Han uses his buff first to get Vandor going. Then Vandor opens with his special attack. That will get him prepared faster. After that only use his basic unless you are about to finish somone off. You can lose against the team if they get some lucky crits on Vandor or Chewie at the start but should be an easy win.

On Traya, its crit or miss. Kill Sion with crits first, or you lose. Ive tried killing Traya first, but then Sion will time me out.

I just avoid Revan. Plenty of CLS to pick on. You should also be able to crush NS teams if you have any.

You're the man! I'll do that. I'm actually 2-0 against Revan and 0-2 against Traya haha

What's your order of attack against the NS teams? I've faced like 4 of them and haven't won any. To be fair though... I'm never too sure of how to attack NS.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Vandor Chewie
    Would love to hear how you beat Revan.

NS - stun Talzin, kill Daka x2, then Asajj and Talzin. Save L3 heal until after Talzin uses plague. Save Qira and Chewie buff wipes for zombie taunts. The only NS team that can beat me if I'm lazy and auto it is one with Spirit. Few have her though.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Would love to hear how you beat Revan.

NS - stun Talzin, kill Daka x2, then Asajj and Talzin. Save L3 heal until after Talzin uses plague. Save Qira and Chewie buff wipes for zombie taunts. The only NS team that can beat me if I'm lazy and auto it is one with Spirit. Few have her though.

Gotcha. Thanks, hombre.

With Revan, I used Han's first shot to stun GMY, take out GK, take out Jolee, take out Revan, then GMY and Bastilla.

I faced another Revan team without Jolee and with Hoda instead. For that one, I stunned GMY, took out GK, took out Revan, then GMY and Bastilla.

I tried another Revan team just now and got obliterated. My first two attempts might have been lucky ones 😅
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vandor Chewie
    Against traya i cannot usually win with the line up that I run.
    With luke, target chewie, once hes out, no worries. The double tank setup i run just means l3 and zaarbal die over and over.

With revan hit auto, and target jolee. Pray it doesnt timeout, and that he marks nest.
    If anyone else gets marked it all falls apart.
    Ussually nest will be the one marked. Nest will die, but res and counter over and over. Auto on 4x speed and just keep tapping on jolee. If you can take himeout before the last minute and 30 seconds you will win. Otherwise it will timeout. I do not think scoundrels can beat revan consistently unless you run two taunting tanks. Vandor must survive.