Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• No, I do not concur. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
    Our guild will not participate in the next war.
  • Poor Kyno. In the trenches taking grenades

I told my guild it's up to each member, if some avoid the next TW I will NOT fault them for it.

I told my guild it's up to each member, if some avoid the next TW I will NOT fault them for it.

Our TW officer made the same announcement. Still unsure if the guild will abstain as a whole, or leave it to individuals.
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Given that most guilds will lose close to 1000 characters for this tw. Will we still have to set the same number of defensive squads as previous tws?
  • At least we're seeing something new.
    Not the same team again and again just like everyday in the arena.

I like the idea.
  • I really hope this is a one time thing, I'll just boycott next TW.
    And the fact that banned toons are not included in matchmaking algorithm makes things even worse.
  • Erebus2017 wrote: »
    It might go a long way to easing all the angst if everyone just got one more round of "Max TW Rewards" for this one so everyone could just play for "fun". That was the intent as described, even if the execution leaves something to be desired.

Yes!
    If the ban goes through...best suggestion yet!
  • You can still use them. Just not in the next TW.
  • Thermz wrote: »
    I really hope this is a one time thing, I'll just boycott next TW.
    And the fact that banned toons are not included in matchmaking algorithm makes things even worse.

so you will purposely ignore free zetas and omegas? screenshots or It didn't happen
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Thermz wrote: »

so you will purposely ignore free zetas and omegas? screenshots or It didn't happen

Could be, our guild is debating on this, (almost) no one likes this idea but many still want the rewards, that's reasonable, unlike the idea of banning toons
  • You cannot use it in a very narrow capacity. Just like you can't use most of your roster in most events, you can't use DS characters in LSTB or LS nodes and vice versa, and have your roster further limited in a lot of nodes, can't use understarred characters in raids, and so on. Yes, this is different from last Territory War. This is a continuously supported game. Things change.

Money is not an argument against the limited bans.
    Still not a he.
  • Can't wait for this TW. Usually we use 2 zone traya.. and now we will try a new strategy.
    yohann269 wrote: »
    TW was only evolving because of all the marquee toons released in 2018. We basically had the same bonuses for all of the TWs. Then they dropped the old BH/Scoundrel/FO/Resistance bonuses for 4 toon Bonuses, then we had 1 TW with no bonuses at all. So there hasn't been much evolving. At least now CG is commited to changing those bonuses on a regular basis.

Isn't that the point though. Every new toon dropped, can cause some sort of evolution to TW. Especially with the waves of factions we got in 2018 be it Solo Scoundrels, new BH, and Old Republic. Then the back end of 18 we got game changing toons like Chewie, Revan, and 3PO. The BH, Scoundrel, and Old Republic additions all fundamentally changed TW in 2018. Revan changed TW. The Nov Buffs we got fundamentally changed TW for that month.

The key part to all the changes is they were all additions not subtractions.

we can just agree to disagree. This may not be my favorite TW iteration but It's not the end of the world so many are making it out to be.

While its only one TW, I feel this is the opening of the proverbial Pandora's Box. Once you start banning things people have paid / grinded for on established content, it opens the door for all sort of future bad decisions as it now shows a complete disregard for the investment (be it time, money, or both) people have put into the game.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    You understand that there was a vote and the majority actually voted for the thing that you're angry about?

(Numbers just serve as an example)

Active players that can also participate in TW: 5.000.000
    People who were aware of the poll: 50.000 (1%)
    Considering the MASSIVE neg. feedback in the megathread let's just say that only 50% of those ppl that were are actually voted at all.

Result: 25.000 out of 5.000.000 people voted (= 0.5% of the player base)
    _________

Keep on spreading the word that the majority voted for this.

You, and many others, aren't taking my words at face value. The majority I speak of in that quote are those people who voted. It's not ambiguous. I don't claim there that they represent a majority of the entire playing base. Thanks for not going personal!

I think the frustration people are having with your posts is that they seem to be overly semantic and contrary to the obvious consensus on the forums. Obviously those who participated in the poll voted to remove characters because that was literally the only option. But the overwhelming sentiment on the forums (and on Reddit) was to not do this at all. So acting like people got what they wanted is incredibly disengenuous both on your part and on CG’s part when they pretend this is what the community wanted.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    That would be correct.

Glad we got that sorted and thread can now be closed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

50 Hoda, 50 3PO, 50 Rose, 50 Holdo, 50 AA w Sith Fighter on D...Sit back and collect my 2nd place rewards, which are not much different then 1st place anyway.

TW was always about guild pride for those that are into it and not the rewards given the lack of difference between winning and losing.
  • While its only one TW, I feel this is the opening of the proverbial Pandora's Box.

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.”

Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • You know it wasn't always like this, CG was very involved and engaged with players once. And please don't go hanging the disconnect on players. That is just not true. I have my suspicions but nothing concrete. It's really sad.

August 2017. Concrete. Look it up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Basically....
    3shsu5mqu2r7.gif
  • Gannon wrote: »
    stephrad wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    HowieWan wrote: »
    No characters are being "banned." A small number of characters are being temporarily rotated out of TW. Important difference.

Did anyone ever say banned permanently from everything? 😂
    They're pushing forward with this, against most people's wishes, which will set a precedent in restricting players toons.
    Do you really think they'd set this up to only use once? Expect to see restrictions everywhere else in the near future..

Perhaps c3p0 will be the next.. From the Sith raid, for sure, maybe even arena.

Dude relax, it's for this month alone and who knows what this could do for the community... they need to experiment in order to keep us entertained... sadly your dopamine dries up with things staying the same. Sometimes you have to go against the will of the people or else you find yourself sitting in the dark ages with no one to battle against in TW in truth. This is for the greater good, not you alone. So even though the community complained, once upon a time, men also complained why women should be allowed to vote. To create an awesome community for you and the thousands of other dedicated players, this must happen to keep things interesting.

I thought I was pretty relaxed.. 😂
    The toon restrictions aren't gong to hurt my teams or ability to win in TW..

The fact that they're restricting the use of toons that take large amounts of time/money really bothers me tho.

As you all your other points, you're saying that restrictions were the only way they can improve the game and keep it fun? Have some imagination man. There's a million better ways..

Dude, it's for one month... and then there'll be something else next month. Spending money doesn't entitle you to ****... you made that choice. So suck it up and let's see what comes of this. They probably have data of top players and spenders falling off without changes... thus, this is their second attempt at trying something different. I'm sure they thought this through and looked at what they can do. Peace brother.

50 Hoda, 50 3PO, 50 Rose, 50 Holdo, 50 AA w Sith Fighter on D...Sit back and collect my 2nd place rewards, which are not much different then 1st place anyway.

TW was always about guild pride for those that are into it and not the rewards given the lack of difference between winning and losing.

just remember you need 5 toons per team for defense.....
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    You understand that there was a vote and the majority actually voted for the thing that you're angry about?

(Numbers just serve as an example)

Active players that can also participate in TW: 5.000.000
    People who were aware of the poll: 50.000 (1%)
    Considering the MASSIVE neg. feedback in the megathread let's just say that only 50% of those ppl that were are actually voted at all.

Result: 25.000 out of 5.000.000 people voted (= 0.5% of the player base)
    _________

Keep on spreading the word that the majority voted for this.

You, and many others, aren't taking my words at face value. The majority I speak of in that quote are those people who voted. It's not ambiguous. I don't claim there that they represent a majority of the entire playing base. Thanks for not going personal!

I think the frustration people are having with your posts is that they seem to be overly semantic and contrary to the obvious consensus on the forums. Obviously those who participated in the poll voted to remove characters because that was literally the only option. But the overwhelming sentiment on the forums (and on Reddit) was to not do this at all. So acting like people got what they wanted is incredibly disengenuous both on your part and on CG’s part when they pretend this is what the community wanted.

I was purposely being irritating to someone who was rude, because it's fun. That aside, lots of people misinterpreted my words because they read what they wanted to read not what I actually stated. Me pointing this out I don't think is overly semantic, although I can imagine it is irritating to read as I don't stop. With that in mind, you're doing it now by saying that I think people got what they wanted. It's inarguable that some folk did, which is my point. That still allows for loads of other people to lose their mind because they don't like some aspect about the process, as this ever amusing thread continues to prove.
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    [/quote].... I'm sure they thought this through and looked at what they can do. Peace brother.

I wish this were true, but they have a track record that shows otherwise.
  • What happens if your guild posts no D? I mean seriously, if you are going tp Boycott, that is a great way of doing it. You get second place rewards, you get a full compliment of toons to mess around with on O, and you may anger your opponent who doesn't get to play so they have even more reason to change it back....
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • What happens if your guild posts no D? I mean seriously, if you are going tp Boycott, that is a great way of doing it. You get second place rewards, you get a full compliment of toons to mess around with on O, and you may anger your opponent who doesn't get to play so they have even more reason to change it back....

You need to post a certain amount of defense, or you won't if I remember correctly.
This discussion has been closed.