Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• 8e58b4g4cvlf.jpg

We can't fill all the zones but we can get enough.

Need to put Hermit and C3PO in as leads..
  • stephrad
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Someone call whine-one-one for the SWGOH community, they need a whambulance.

Kudos @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, trigger the dopamine, and keep the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.
  • stephrad wrote: »

you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, triggers the dopamine, and keeps the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.

Lol - wow, CG working hard on the burner accounts this month. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • stephrad
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    stephrad wrote: »

you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, triggers the dopamine, and keeps the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.

Um, dude, I'm an actual person not affiliated to CG at all... maybe you shouldn't assume because it makes a fool out of you. I just haven't edited my profile pic.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

One thing I’ve learned reading these forums over the last couple of years is that no matter how indefensible a CG decision is, there will always be trolls and CG white knights who come along to take up the cause.

If you take the time to read some of their comments, a few have even admitted they are straight up trolling.

Um, dude, I'm an actual person not affiliated to CG at all... maybe you shouldn't assume because it makes a fool out of you. I just haven't edited my profile pic.

Ignore them. It's the go to response when you disagree.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    At least we're seeing something new.
    Not the same team again and again just like everyday in the arena.

I like the idea.

This could have been accomplished with 3v3 or bonuses, which the majority of the community actually liked......
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    How will this affect the matchmaking? Will they be included or excluded from the TW matchmaking algorithm? @CG_SBCrumb

GP will be the same. So no the banned toons GP will not be removed from yours

so for example, my guild have ONLY banned toons, the other ONLY not banned toons, same gp, ewwe can match!!!

great idea!

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CHFC22 wrote: »

Auto-responders lol But to play Devils advocate, let's say they are legit. Players new and experienced will listen to the OG's (Higher post levels) because they have been around longer and possibly know what they are talking about. So, the lower post count repliers should stick around and become part of the community and gain credence.

Kudos @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, trigger the dopamine, and keep the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.

Great way to try to convince people to agree with you, by being patronizing. You’re accusing us of feeling forced to fake emotion? What makes you think that’s the case for the majority of us? The only one who is forcing this response is CG itself, by asking what we, the community, want and then completely ignoring it.
    Maybe you don’t work for CG, but with the tone-deaf way you’re spinning things now, you should probably apply.
    If they’re looking to boost dopamine, actually adding different content and different bonuses to characters is the way to do it, not taking away characters we worked hard on.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Comet19 wrote: »

Great way to try to convince people to agree with you, by being patronizing. You’re accusing us of feeling forced to fake emotion? What makes you think that’s the case for the majority of us? The only one who is forcing this response is CG itself, by asking what we, the community, want and then completely ignoring it.
    Maybe you don’t work for CG, but with the tone-deaf way you’re spinning things now, you should probably apply.
    If they’re looking to boost dopamine, actually adding different content and different bonuses to characters is the way to do it, not taking away characters we worked hard on.

Another reply only burner. I guess personal attacks are only against the TOS if they are negative about CG, the game, etc..

The cable company called, they are trying something new, just a one time thing, so it's all good. They want you to pay for extended basic, but only let you see the basic channels during primetime. Don't worry, it's not permanent. They just want to collect data.

Kudos is deserved for something creative. Deletion is not a creative idea.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • CHFC22 wrote: »

Auto-responders lol But to play Devils advocate, let's say they are legit. Players new and experienced will listen to the OG's (Higher post levels) because they have been around longer and possibly know what they are talking about. So, the lower post count repliers should stick around and become part of the community and gain credence.

I respect sensible posts - seems the best way!
  • TC_CrunchyCookie123
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Really? Maybe you should keep your insight for something that relates to your field rather than making comments on how this is in anyway a good business decision. You tell me one fortune 500 company that would move forward with the launch a new product or service when they receive what, 80+ pages of negative feedback on it?!?! They have loads of data and requests from the community for other things in this game that they could explore doing to shake things up. Instead they decide to throw kittens (edited for you already CG) at a wall and hope it sticks. If they were to come out and propose a new idea and the community feedback was split I could see them trying it out but the feedback is overwhelmingly negative. Regardless, you are right that people aren’t going to quit because of this and I most certainly am not either. However, that doesn’t mean we have to like what is going on, nor should we sit back and not say anything.

How do you know it's the right thing? It would suck for them to go full speed ahead just to see their player base drop significantly. I've played games where this thing has happened. Games I enjoyed, and losing a lot of players at once adversely impacted the experience in game.

Why not alternate between old and new? That would give them a chance to mix it up, see if they get a better response to one approach vs. another.

As you said, let the data decide, not whomever has CGs ear at the moment

How do you know it's the right thing? It would suck for them to go full speed ahead just to see their player base drop significantly. I've played games where this thing has happened. Games I enjoyed, and losing a lot of players at once adversely impacted the experience in game.

Why not alternate between old and new? That would give them a chance to mix it up, see if they get a better response to one approach vs. another.

As you said, let the data decide, not whomever has CGs ear at the moment

Burner Troll, trying to get you angry enough to be banned. Ignore is your friend. :)
  • not sure why you would punish me for buying Revan and all his gear. If i wanted to play in a game where all my hard work gets banned i would play League of Legends. I do not approve of this change. It is a terrible idea. Change it back.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Okay this is interesting..

"What’s even worse than banning toons in TW? Accepting the results of a highly exploitable SurveyMonkey poll where trolls can vote as many times as they want! This poll reeks of voter fraud"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/aee3xo/whats_even_worse_than_banning_toons_in_tw/
  • Okay this is interesting..

"What’s even worse than banning toons in TW? Accepting the results of a highly exploitable SurveyMonkey poll where trolls can vote as many times as they want! This poll reeks of voter fraud"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/aee3xo/whats_even_worse_than_banning_toons_in_tw/

I know. I’d still love to see the hard numbers on how many votes were tallied and what the percentages were for each group. Wonder how fishy the number will look...
  • Comet19 wrote: »

I know. I’d still love to see the hard numbers on how many votes were tallied and what the percentages were for each group. Wonder how fishy the number will look...

Whether any wrong doing happened or not, EA using a 3rd party is kinda surprising. 4 billion dollar company, I think one of the programmers can write a voting script. Unreal. You can't make this stuff up.
  • 20+ pages of criticism aside, this is still a great game, and if we end up with one weird TW experience, it's not the end of the world. For all we know, it could actually work out to be halfway fun.
    Why continue this farce that the large majority of your players clearly don't want?

You understand that there was a vote and the majority actually voted for the thing that you're angry about?
    CHFC22, two issue, first the vote was on serval monkey and you could vote as many times as you wished (dynamic IP allocation, delete cookies) so yes the anonymous vote was rigged as in the 60 pages of negative feedback a number of people claimed to vote multiple times. (Open admissions of multiple voting = evidence of it being rigged)

Second if a mugger comes up to you and demands either your wallet or watch and refuses to let you opped out, and you chose to give him your watch, it was not your free choice. You were going to lose something and you had no choice or ability to avoid losing something.

Really? Maybe you should keep your insight for something that relates to your field rather than making comments on how this is in anyway a good business decision. You tell me one fortune 500 company that would move forward with the launch a new product or service when they receive what, 80+ pages of negative feedback on it?!?! They have loads of data and requests from the community for other things in this game that they could explore doing to shake things up. Instead they decide to throw kittens (edited for you already CG) at a wall and hope it sticks. If they were to come out and propose a new idea and the community feedback was split I could see them trying it out but the feedback is overwhelmingly negative. Regardless, you are right that people aren’t going to quit because of this and I most certainly am not either. However, that doesn’t mean we have to like what is going on, nor should we sit back and not say anything.

Microsoft does it with every operating system :)
    if only experts were allowed to comment then there would be no comments.

Whether any wrong doing happened or not, EA using a 3rd party is kinda surprising. 4 billion dollar company, I think one of the programmers can write a voting script. Unreal. You can't make this stuff up.
    Wooow. And to be clear, I’m not accusing the devs of rigging the vote. I just know that there have been one or two people who have been public on reddit saying they’ve used bots to vote. So a part of me wonders that we haven’t seen the numbers because it’ll be obvious bots voted.
    Plus I’m honestly curious, if they did filter out the bot votes, how many unique votes there actually were.
  • yohann269 wrote: »

Microsoft does it with every operating system :)
    if only experts were allowed to comment then there would be no comments.

And that worked out great with Windows 8....
  • Eliza42 wrote: »
    Why continue this farce that the large majority of your players clearly don't want?

You understand that there was a vote and the majority actually voted for the thing that you're angry about?
    CHFC22, two issue, first the vote was on serval monkey and you could vote as many times as you wished (dynamic IP allocation, delete cookies) so yes the anonymous vote was rigged as in the 60 pages of negative feedback a number of people claimed to vote multiple times. (Open admissions of multiple voting = evidence of it being rigged)

Second if a mugger comes up to you and demands either your wallet or watch and refuses to let you opped out, and you chose to give him your watch, it was not your free choice. You were going to lose something and you had no choice or ability to avoid losing something.

Yes, that's an exact analogy. Thanks

Wooow. And to be clear, I’m not accusing the devs of rigging the vote. I just know that there have been one or two people who have been public on reddit saying they’ve used bots to vote. So a part of me wonders that we haven’t seen the numbers because it’ll be obvious bots voted.
    Plus I’m honestly curious, if they did filter out the bot votes, how many unique votes there actually were.

To quote a commercial from long ago.. "How may **** does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop../SNIP

..THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW"

They said they removed the Bot votes
    Eliza42 wrote: »

that's a silly analogy, you can choose to not participate, no one is forcing you
    Eliza42 wrote: »

So if the voting was rigged, and EA (according to “that’s an exact analogy”) taken my 7* Revan and 7* Traya away form me is akin to me being mugged, would not this mean I could feel ‘robbed’ (of these toons) and that EA metaphorically ‘mugged me’????

If so the 60 pages of mostly negative feedback in last thread and 24 pages of mostly negative feedback in this thread is somewhat justified???
This discussion has been closed.