Stop giving them ideas

Prev1
It seems to me that time after time when something is rumoured to be coming (OG FALCON for instance), everyone starts mass posting about who they think will be necessary to unlock said thing... Often times it ends up being guesses of things that are difficult to farm currently. I wonder how many times they’ve actually looked to the message boards and said “hey, that’s not a bad idea.. it maximizes our revenue and we didn’t think of it” like how people keep breaking raids and being the good school child and reporting to teacher.

If you have an idea of what will be required to
unlock a toon, keep it in discord etc to your guilds and maybe don’t express it here and then pre complain about it because it always seems to happen. Not saying it 100% influences them but i’d bet it has at some time or another influenced them.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    When they release the characters they already know what they are going to be required for — it’s a big reason they are releasing them in that time frame in the first place. People are just recognizing the pattern that’s already obvious.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CG isn’t dumb. They decided the requirements months ahead and planned things out accordingly for the players when it comes to farming and spending
  • There is zero chance 3 bounty hunter ships being released within weeks of one another was a coincidence. This was always the plan.
  • CG knew what the requirements were going to be when they put HT, XB, and IG-2000 in Light Side hard nodes.
  • MathYouC wrote: »
    CG knew what the requirements were going to be when they put HT, XB, and IG-2000 in Light Side hard nodes.

Surprised they didnt put the 3 on ship nodes. Costs more to refresh and energy acculates at a lower rate
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    MathYouC wrote: »
    CG knew what the requirements were going to be when they put HT, XB, and IG-2000 in Light Side hard nodes.

Surprised they didnt put the 3 on ship nodes. Costs more to refresh and energy acculates at a lower rate

Yeah I was going to say "I don't know who would complain about this" but I remembered where I was.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MathYouC wrote: »

Probably looked at it from the angle that the more people almost there, the more will buy the pack,so having them on hard nodes makes it that more people will be close to 5* or 6* and want to buy the pack...
  • Honestly I have WAY better drop rates in ships but I feel ya
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Honestly I have WAY better drop rates in ships but I feel ya

That's just RNG though.
  • In the case where there's an abnormally good HSTR team for a phase, I can see where you're coming from - the guy that spills the beans on the forums really shouldn't. (though likely they can see the various outlier runs in their data and replay it). But I think it's a stretch to think that the dev team is listening to the forums for suggestions when they have all the player data to look at.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    suggestion for CG: wampa needed for everything.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If you wanna effect change, get the whales to stop spending on the requirements they make so CG realises we wont accept this status quo. Whales the real losers here they forking out way more than they should be if only they were smart enough to hit crack open that wallet from time to time
  • It’s nothing to do with speculation. It’s just data. CG will look at the rosters and see which thing is the least available or upgraded and include at least one to force farming.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Everyone complains, but the true whales will still buy whatever CG puts out there so we all still lose
  • ".. like breaking raids and... reporting to the teacher....". You really think they don't have a means to readily mine that data so they can identify the cause?

I've seen this comment on other games. It always amuses me.
  • Honestly I have WAY better drop rates in ships but I feel ya

You're lucky, I actually have MUCH worse RNG in ships and I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have the ship energy replenish incredibly slowly, get one daily free energy boost, and cost more to buy more.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    CeeBeeZee wrote: »
    Everyone complains, but the true whales will still buy whatever CG puts out there so we all still lose

I thought whales say TW is boring because it's always the same teams on D and everyone clears everything. Seems like this would be a fix to that, however imperfect.
  • There’s no evidence they read anything we post here regarding improvements to the game
  • If you wanna effect change, get the whales to stop spending on the requirements they make so CG realises we wont accept this status quo. Whales the real losers here they forking out way more than they should be if only they were smart enough to hit crack open that wallet from time to time

True whales are spending regardless of whether an event shows up with those requirements. These panic farms are to get more out of the dolphins who otherwise might not throw money at these farms.
  • Hey, anyone know what that update was about?
  • Hey, anyone know what that update was about?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/192615/content-update-1-10#latest

But to th op I think it’s quite obvious they don’t listen to the community
  • Community speculation is great. If the theory is sound, it might get you farming earlier, giving you a better chance of actually meeting the requirements of the upcoming event.

Speculation has contributed to my own farms to successfully obtain 7* chewbacca, 3po and will do for otmf without spending a single dollar. Thanks community, keep it up. :]
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    There’s no evidence they read

Fyp
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    MathYouC wrote: »

I would have preferred they not all be on lightside nodes. Im fine with hard nodes.... but 1 on the darkside would be nice as i have to do 3 darkside for the daily.... id like if they went to something i was panic farming
  • They prob have this whole year planned out already!
  • Yeah, I'm sure when they were planning this they thought, "Okay, well, a good challenge will be to use just Jedi Consular's Starfighter and you'll face off against one level 1 Milennium Falcon." Then they read someone going on about Bounty Hunters and a light bulb went off over their head.

Absolutely certain that's how it played out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure when they were planning this they thought, "Okay, well, a good challenge will be to use just Jedi Consular's Starfighter and you'll face off against one level 1 Milennium Falcon." Then they read someone going on about Bounty Hunters and a light bulb went off over their head.

Absolutely certain that's how it played out.

Well as long as we are in agreement
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Those rumors on what will be upcoming generally turns out to have a basis, so it's not the other way around us giving them ideas.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CG isn't dumb.....

I beg to differ