Ahsoka or Anakin for an early Bastila team?

Darth_DeVito
1231 posts Member
edited January 2019
My current arena team consists of Bastila, Ezra, Old Ben and Kanan. I'm only level 84 and haven't unlocked GMY yet, who will eventually take the 5th slot. Kanan will be replaced by Revan down the line. For now, I could either use Ahsoka or Anakin, who are both geared up and ready.

Anakin is faster, and I could amp his speed up to 220 with Ahsoka's current mods. But Ahsoka's basic does more damage and her special can be pretty brutal when it crits. Her healing is usually pointless, but can come in handy every once in a while. On the other hand, Anakin's area attack has its uses, especially in combination with Righteous Fury.

I'd be leaning towards Anakin if it wasn't for the fact that Bastila almost always buffs him instead of Ezra on auto / defense. She seems to have a thing for the tallest guy on the team (or whoever stands in the upper right corner on offense), unless that person is a tank. When I swap him out for Ahsoka, she buffs Ezra at least half the time on auto.

What should I do? Go with Ahsoka, whose speed is still at 176 despite +83 speed mods, or pull off her mods and put a 220 speed Anakin on the team? He'd be the fastest team member. Not sure if it's a good thing when he goes before Ezra (217 / +86) and Bastila (208 / +88). I can't make either of them any faster with my current selection of mods.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Are Anakin's debuffs helping any?
  • Ahsoka has a good early game ship as well, that might tip the scales in her favour,
  • I like Anakin’s kit better than Ahsoka’s.
  • Ahsoka has a good early game ship as well, that might tip the scales in her favour,

I use her in Fleet as a Hound's Tooth counter. She wouldn't need particularly good mods as a pilot, but it's a great gear argument. They both need the same hypo syringes and fusion furnaces for g9.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I use JK Anakin frequently with my non-zeta Bastilla led Jedi. His ability to inflict buff immunity and heal immunity make him invaluable against certain targets. Ahsoka does bring a small heal to the table which Anakin does not, but Anakin has one of the only good Jedi aoe attacks in the game which can be good for killing mobs in PVE content.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    Are Anakin's debuffs helping any?

I'm not sure they're necessary with Old Ben's ability block. I guess I could use Anakin's healing/buff immunity strategically once OB's debuffs wear off. So far, I've been mostly focused on taking out key enemies ASAP, and Ahsoka's special really helps in that department.

Although... can buff immunity prevent tanks from taunting? If so, that would tip the scales in favor of a fast Anakin.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I use JK Anakin frequently with my non-zeta Bastilla led Jedi. His ability to inflict buff immunity and heal immunity make him invaluable against certain targets. Ahsoka does bring a small heal to the table which Anakin does not, but Anakin has one of the only good Jedi aoe attacks in the game which can be good for killing mobs in PVE content.

In PVE, he's great against large groups of weaker mobs (weaker than arena opponents anyway). Especially with Bastila's Rally buffs. I don't think I could have won the Ground Wars bonus tier without him yesterday. But I'm not sure how useful it is in arena. Usually, it just takes 1/5 off the protection bars. But it can be helpful when you have a high-priority target down to 5% health, and then a tank taunts and you have no dispel ready.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks everyone :) I think Anakin's debuffs really do tip the scales. I used him in a GW run tonight and really helps to, say, keep KRU from self-healing. I guess I'll keep him on my arena team until I can replace him with GMY and use Ahsoka mainly as a pilot, even if it means I have to gear them both for now.

I've found Anakin useful in raids too as leader for a mixed clone / leftover Jedi team, so the gear on him is not wasted even if I never get around to level up his ship. Which is not bad either, but I have too many LS ships already. I need to focus on my DS ships to star up the Executrix.
  • Do.remember though that 1 of her starting buffs not shown on the stat screen is +45 speed until a crit takes it away. No one would be fooling anyone saying Tano 1 is great, but honestly she is 1 of the best starting F2P 2016
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If both are geared up already, why not get rid of Kanan and add them both? You allready have OB as tank, and JKA's synergy with Snips is good (not the best but it adds some power to your team).
  • Have you taken into account the +45 speed Ashoka has with her unique because it bring her speed to 220 (175+45)
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Have you taken into account the +45 speed Ashoka has with her unique because it bring her speed to 220 (175+45)
    I use crit avoidance arrow on her to help keep her buffs.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    If both are geared up already, why not get rid of Kanan and add them both? You allready have OB as tank, and JKA's synergy with Snips is good (not the best but it adds some power to your team).

Now there's an idea. I'm sure it would help on offense, but how does it hold up on defense? I thought two tanks would help protect my zetaed Ezra. But until I have a zeta on Bastila too (5 more mats to go), he may be dead anyway before either tank gets a chance to taunt. Maybe making counterattacks more punishing by having 3 attackers is the way to go.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Have you taken into account the +45 speed Ashoka has with her unique because it bring her speed to 220 (175+45)

I have not :) There's another argument for having both of them on the team. With the crit. hit immunity she gets from Anakin, she's unlikely to lose her bonuses. I guess I'll split Kanan's fastest mods between Ahsoka and Old Ben and use one less tank like Waqui suggested.
  • This works really well, and the entire team is faster without Kanan after swapping mods. Thanks everyone!

t202ko0dc2nl.jpg
  • Kanan is a lead balloon...
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Kanan is a lead balloon...

If you zeta bast he's not bad for the open taunt and counter attack.
    That's if you don't have OB or GK
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    This works really well, and the entire team is faster without Kanan after swapping mods. Thanks everyone!

t202ko0dc2nl.jpg

Looking great, @darth_DeVito. Have fun! :-)
  • Anakin is remarkably effective at handling NS teams with Acolyte hiding behind Zombie especially when combined with GM Yoda. Nowhere to run you sneaky sister ...
  • Ah well, you need Anakin for the Jedi knight prestigious wuest
  • Nice! And Ahsoka is better with JKA so that helps!
    Get a Zeta on Bastila and things will become much more fun 👍
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Cool, looks nice man. Position 7? Are you free to play? Gl!
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    Cool, looks nice man. Position 7? Are you free to play? Gl!

I wish I could say that (read: I wish hadn't spent as much as I did in the first weeks :)). But I bought lots of fluff that I'm sure will come back to bite me in GA.