I STILL stink at ships, part III

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Vader is always best as a first reinforcement.

Always?

Well I like fighting opponents with Vader in starting team. If you can target him straight away and get his protection off, usually just one hit. Then breach him with bossk and xanio bloods Aoe, which also gets selected call an ally assist. Then your vader comes in the damage over time can be enough to kill him off. Also Vader gets a counter attack which makes him nasty to attack.

My experiences are that vader is squishy on defense, but a monster on offense.

I was more reacting to the fact that you said "always first" reinforcement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ok, I checked the rankings on my Nov 2015 shard and the meta is a Mace Windu lead???? Starting off with Hound's Tooth, Umbaran Starfighter, and Xanadu Blood? I can't tell what they put in reserve but I don't understand what makes this so powerful, especially since Mace's ship is godawful compared to Thrawn's... any insights as to why this works and what they probably have on backup?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Ok, I checked the rankings on my Nov 2015 shard and the meta is a Mace Windu lead???? Starting off with Hound's Tooth, Umbaran Starfighter, and Xanadu Blood? I can't tell what they put in reserve but I don't understand what makes this so powerful, especially since Mace's ship is godawful compared to Thrawn's... any insights as to why this works and what they probably have on backup?

No he is awesome. I literally have never beaten this config but my fleet isnt the best.

Mace HT Umbaran +1 -> Anakin Plo and 1 or 2 more tanks. GL trying to kill them. They have always been tough to kill, but Anakin takes the team to next level with speed-to-super and damage.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Ok, I checked the rankings on my Nov 2015 shard and the meta is a Mace Windu lead???? Starting off with Hound's Tooth, Umbaran Starfighter, and Xanadu Blood? I can't tell what they put in reserve but I don't understand what makes this so powerful, especially since Mace's ship is godawful compared to Thrawn's... any insights as to why this works and what they probably have on backup?

I haven’t seen this combo yet in my shard (maybe too new? May 17), but I find the key to beating teams that are stronger on defense than offense is to mass firepower into HT before it uses its special to prevent the TM gain. Check your opponents’ Speed on XB, and if it’s slower than their HT use ability block from Vader to prevent HT from breaching your ships. With a thrawn, HT and TIEs i’d go: TIE special on HT, then Umbaran goes and hits Vader, next is your HT; use special on enemy HT. Vader then uses either special or basic on HT, depending on opponent’s XB speed. Then opponent’s XB and HT go, with XB using aoe and likely calling HT for the assist. That will trigger your capital’s TM gain from TIE dodging, use thrawn’s special to apply buffs/debuffs then nuke HT. Once HT is gone, you can go after the squishies and stay alive until you can use your ultimate to fully heal your HT. If you’re having problems with HT’s taunt being cleansed by Umbaran, bring in Scimitar and stealth everyone else so it doesn’t matter.