Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Alienigen
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    HowieWan wrote: »

Dude, it's for one month... and then there'll be something else next month. Spending They probably have data of top players and spenders falling off without changes... thus, this is their second attempt at trying something different. I'm sure they thought this through and looked at what they can do. Peace brother.

Wait, people aren't buying their stuff anymore 😱😱
    How come, packs are cheap
  • Leytuhas wrote: »
    Wow 25 pages of vitriol and the cowards are still avoiding it like the plague.

They deffo are reading it as I have been warned twice over posts. Here are some words you could use instead.

aloof
    apathetic
    callous
    detached
    disinterested
    distant
    heartless
    impartial
    impervious
    nonchalant
    uncaring
    unconcerned
    uninvolved
    unresponsive
    unsympathetic
    blasé
    dispassionate
    heedless
    listless
    phlegmatic
    silent
    stoical
    supercilious
    unaroused
    unbiased
    uncommunicative
    unemotional
    unimpressed
    unmoved

Maybe we could make these into a puzzle.

Hmmm, make these into a word search, then with the leftover words, make a second word search with cat-related terms. The letters left from that spells out "Give us regular TW"
  • I have to say - this is probably the most successful P2P to F2P conversion tactic I've ever seen! Showing players that you can take away their content on a whim that they have invested time, money, and resources into is the best way to demonstrate the folly of spending.

Congratulations!

Or was that not the effect you were going for?
  • Prohibiting resources we have bought or invested in is wrong. You guys don’t give a rip about the players pay the bills. This year has demonstrated awful leadership.
  • Guys I'm out. I need to push away from this, and forget it. It's done. It's a fixed point. It has happened, it will happen, and they say it must.

MTFBWY.

Hate to say it , but hes right , as much as it sucks. Ill just be completely f2p now on. If my opinion isnt important, then ill keep my money too. Ill just hang with my fellow sw fans.
  • Hey folks! Man, I worked really hard to get many of the characters that were voted off the island. I think the positive changes you made last time (adding bonuses to characters that are never used) was a hit. I highly recommend added changes that add usability to our rosters rather than take away usability (in a way). Nowhere in human history has it gone well when things people work hard for are taken away. Thanks for your time. I hope you are able to sift through the mess to see this comment. MTFBWY
    Join THE WØRLD ALLIΔNCE! https://discord.gg/pnEc9aB
  • Silent1018
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb you can comment on some stupid little update thread, but can’t comment on the **** thing you guys have ever done?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    It’s amazing the lies people will try spread,
    Sbumaj wrote: »
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

s6tvi9rn5m9j.png

Not really a lie

Really, So that entire statement is true, it’s not twisted into something false in anyway?

I mean the only Guild PVP we have at this point is TW. And they did just ban certain toons from this TW even though 99.8% of the community said that they didn’t want to do that. We don’t know if this is the continuing trend of TW goin forward, especially since they’ve stayed silent on this whole mess already.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    stephrad wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    HowieWan wrote: »
    No characters are being "banned." A small number of characters are being temporarily rotated out of TW. Important difference.

Did anyone ever say banned permanently from everything? 😂
    They're pushing forward with this, against most people's wishes, which will set a precedent in restricting players toons.
    Do you really think they'd set this up to only use once? Expect to see restrictions everywhere else in the near future..

Perhaps c3p0 will be the next.. From the Sith raid, for sure, maybe even arena.

Dude relax, it's for this month alone and who knows what this could do for the community... they need to experiment in order to keep us entertained... sadly your dopamine dries up with things staying the same. Sometimes you have to go against the will of the people or else you find yourself sitting in the dark ages with no one to battle against in TW in truth. This is for the greater good, not you alone. So even though the community complained, once upon a time, men also complained why women should be allowed to vote. To create an awesome community for you and the thousands of other dedicated players, this must happen to keep things interesting.

I thought I was pretty relaxed.. 😂
    The toon restrictions aren't gong to hurt my teams or ability to win in TW..

The fact that they're restricting the use of toons that take large amounts of time/money really bothers me tho.

As you all your other points, you're saying that restrictions were the only way they can improve the game and keep it fun? Have some imagination man. There's a million better ways..

Dude, it's for one month... and then there'll be something else next month. Spending money doesn't entitle you to ****... you made that choice. So suck it up and let's see what comes of this. They probably have data of top players and spenders falling off without changes... thus, this is their second attempt at trying something different. I'm sure they thought this through and looked at what they can do. Peace brother.

Don't quote my post if you don't read my comments. Way to be ignorant.. Congrats.

Step do you realise how many great gashes get abandoned in the blink of an eye by the majority player base when something like this happens?

The rule is old
    Never nerf the strong
    Only buff the weak

When mace Windu became a great Twar unit, that was alot of fun, but if your gonna shake the boat you have to do it right
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    It’s amazing the lies people will try spread,
    Sbumaj wrote: »
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

s6tvi9rn5m9j.png

Not really a lie

Really, So that entire statement is true, it’s not twisted into something false in anyway?

I mean the only Guild PVP we have at this point is TW. And they did just ban certain toons from this TW even though 99.8% of the community said that they didn’t want to do that. We don’t know if this is the continuing trend of TW goin forward, especially since they’ve stayed silent on this whole mess already.

Yup, and your explanation is on point, as a one off as well, that post however is a farce. You know it, I know it, and that’s pathetic, twisting something around into a complete lie. Hence my original point.
  • CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

I understand the responses many have made regarding the TW 'ban' on premium toons. You paid or invested lots of time and energy, for toons and now can't use them. Or the inconvenience of mod switching from banned toons to viable ones. Or the disparate impact to gamers with smaller rosters. I only want to encourage you to be positive and upbeat, but continue to express your opinions, and if possible remain civilized. Don't feel that you are not being heard, because you are. Their are thousands and thousands of views on these threads, and I would bet RL money that a lot of those views are from CG/EA staffers, from top to bottom.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
    Someone call whine-one-one for the SWGOH community, they need a whambulance.

Kudos @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, trigger the dopamine, and keep the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.

I want some of what this guy is drinking! Must be some pretty potent stuff to make him think this banning toons thing is a good idea. Even more so to ignore 85 pages of players hating this idea being voiced in multiple threads.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Someone call whine-one-one for the SWGOH community, they need a whambulance.

Kudos @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, trigger the dopamine, and keep the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.

I want some of what this guy is drinking! Must be some pretty potent stuff to make him think this banning toons thing is a good idea. Even more so to ignore 85 pages of players hating this idea being voiced in multiple threads.

Can't find he's comment now, but please don't listen to this **** posing as a wise man @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG

Learn from the mistakes of past game developers before you start your own trial and error

I've said it many times on this thread but it can't be said enough, in hope they actually read it

Never nerf the strong
    Only buff the weak

Nerfing has killed many games where the Devs were seeking balance, but buffing can always be substituted without effecting your profits or player base
  • Investors monitor google for analytics and the corporate big wigs will be harder hit by complaints on google play/apple appstore than complaints on their in-house forums.

I encourage leaving complaints CG can't filter out about this there. That will affect new income entering the game which is what they care about. Old money you spent and time is clearly meaningless to CG, otherwise you'd be able to use the teams you invested resources into.

If this was playful, fun, or added to a competitive gameplay experience we wouldn't be doing this. The problem is democracy in what teams we can use is 2 wolves and a sheep voting what's for dinner. You're just going to end up with EP meta outbalancing the rest. This game mode is not what we wanted CG, further updates of this nature jeopardize the games future.
  • Silent1018 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb you can comment on some stupid little update thread, but can’t comment on the **** thing you guys have ever done?

Sometimes, you just got let people get their bangry feelings out.

Really, what can he say? Theyve chosen to go down a path, they really never did ask for input if the concept was a good one. They asked about characters in a poll.

Crumb is a community manager, not a Dev, right? If that's true, people are venting their spleen at the wrong person.
  • CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

I understand the responses many have made regarding the TW 'ban' on premium toons. You paid or invested lots of time and energy, for toons and now can't use them. Or the inconvenience of mod switching from banned toons to viable ones. Or the disparate impact to gamers with smaller rosters. I only want to encourage you to be positive and upbeat, but continue to express your opinions, and if possible remain civilized. Don't feel that you are not being heard, because you are. Their are thousands and thousands of views on these threads, and I would bet RL money that a lot of those views are from CG/EA staffers, from top to bottom.

Maybe they aren’t ready to comment, but they haven’t even acknowledged the issue. A”we hear you, and we are discussing internally if we will take action” kind of sentiment would go a long way.
    CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

Maybe they aren’t ready to comment, but they haven’t even acknowledged the issue. A”we hear you, and we are discussing internally if we will take action” kind of sentiment would go a long way.

Fair enough.

Sometimes, you just got let people get their bangry feelings out.

Really, what can he say? Theyve chosen to go down a path, they really never did ask for input if the concept was a good one. They asked about characters in a poll.

Crumb is a community manager, not a Dev, right? If that's true, people are venting their spleen at the wrong person.

My understanding is he is a cg employee not just a mod. Which means he has a direct link to the team at cg. If I went to a boss about this kind of outrage everybody involved would be here communicating. Most importantly as I stated above the least he can do is say he has brought this all to the attention to developers.
  • Ultra
    11453 posts Moderator
    Crumb is a community manager and a member of the developer team

lapt38eucmav.png
  • WildcatSWGOH
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I understand it’s against the rules to indicate one is going to stop spending money on this game. So I’m definitely not going to express anything like that or share what I believe in that regard... I’ll keep any future spending decisions to myself. I simply want to voice that I’m very very unhappy with the decision to move forward with an idea that is disliked by the majority of P2P players (like myself) and F2P. Like any other decision I’m not happy with, I need to evaluate the impact to me and focus on the things I can and can’t control moving forward.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

lapt38eucmav.png

I thought Carrie was the newest community manager.. Although tbh, we never hear from her anymore.
  • I understand it’s against the rules to indicate one is going to stop spending money on this game. So I’m definitely not going to express anything like that or share what I believe in that regard... I’ll keep any future spending decisions to myself. I simply want to voice that I’m very very unhappy with the decision to move forward with an idea that is disliked by the majority of P2P players (like myself) and F2P. Like any other decision I’m not happy with, I need to evaluate the impact to me and focus on the things I can and can’t control moving forward.

Keep in mind, development doesn't happen overnight. It's possible CG team is too far committed to this path for this specific iteration of TW to make sudden adjustments. They've said they've been listening, and I'm certain going forward, they can tweak both TW and GA to actually live up to 'fun and fresh' from the communities perspective.
  • I understand it’s against the rules to indicate one is going to stop spending money on this game. So I’m definitely not going to express anything like that or share what I believe in that regard... I’ll keep any future spending decisions to myself. I simply want to voice that I’m very very unhappy with the decision to move forward with an idea that is disliked by the majority of P2P players (like myself) and F2P. Like any other decision I’m not happy with, I need to evaluate the impact to me and focus on the things I can and can’t control moving forward.

Keep in mind, development doesn't happen overnight. It's possible CG team is too far committed to this path for this specific iteration of TW to make sudden adjustments. They've said they've been listening, and I'm certain going forward, they can tweak both TW and GA to actually live up to 'fun and fresh' from the communities perspective.

I have no doubt the development of this bad idea was not without time, but it seems it would be fairly easy to revert back to the old format or cancel with apologies and award prizes... we already saw them do this last month with the introduction of GA. Even if you concede they have to proceed as they have, transparency would go a long way for them to come forward and say something along the lines of “we heard the community feedback and will never incorporate banned toons into TW again, but due to development constraints we need to proceed with this TW as planned. We apologize for not responding to your feedback sooner. Please accept x crystals for any inconvenience”

I have no doubt the development of this bad idea was not without time, but it seems it would be fairly easy to revert back to the old format or cancel with apologies and award prizes... we already saw them do this last month with the introduction of GA. Even if you concede they have to proceed as they have, transparency would go a long way for them to come forward and say something along the lines of “we heard the community feedback and will never incorporate banned toons into TW again, but due to development constraints we need to proceed with this TW as planned. We apologize for not responding to your feedback sooner. Please accept x crystals for any inconvenience”

I know, how much time could a statement like that possibly take to write? The fact that they haven't done it yet is discouraging me and leads me to suspect that despite our outcry at this, we'll end up seeing multiple future TWs in which toons are banned.

i think thats hogwash because anyone who loves star wars and this game wouldnt of done what they just did and then the message that was sent out claiming we choose this when we clearly didnt was a flat out lie.

they arent listening if they continue the actions and course that they are on. i would quit my job if the company i represented did something like this. no i am not calling for them to do that but me personally i wouldnt want to have my name associated with such an evil action
  • Well, I tried. But like Michael Coreleone I was pulled back in. How ever we personally view Star Wars, it is a story. Like any story, each of us sees something different. Like a smile on a dog. To many of us, it is a part of our childhood. The characters and events, the story was something we could get lost in. That won't change. But today we learned it is also a business, and we don't work there. We are customers, we can only decide if we stay or go. Our input, is a cry in the wind. Maybe someone hears it, maybe not. Me, I play for free, I invest nothing but time. It's CG's sandbox. If I am unhappy I can take my toys and go. But, me, I want to find a comfortable rock, sit and watch the events unfold. Like the Beatles song. A Fool on the hill. Why not? It's free. Let those making decisions, do so. It's their party. They rented the hall, and pay the band. Least we can do is watch.

Shiny prose aside, why sweat it. If it succeeds the sandbox will stay open. If not. Well who knows. Goodnight.
  • Well, I tried. But like Michael Coreleone I was pulled back in. How ever we personally view Star Wars, it is a story. Like any story, each of us sees something different. Like a smile on a dog. To many of us, it is a part of our childhood. The characters and events, the story was something we could get lost in. That won't change. But today we learned it is also a business, and we don't work there. We are customers, we can only decide if we stay or go. Our input, is a cry in the wind. Maybe someone hears it, maybe not. Me, I play for free, I invest nothing but time. It's CG's sandbox. If I am unhappy I can take my toys and go. But, me, I want to find a comfortable rock, sit and watch the events unfold. Like the Beatles song. A Fool on the hill. Why not? It's free. Let those making decisions, do so. It's their party. They rented the hall, and pay the band. Least we can do is watch.

Shiny prose aside, why sweat it. If it succeeds the sandbox will stay open. If not. Well who knows. Goodnight.

F2Pis a lovely concept..
  • Ultra wrote: »

lapt38eucmav.png

the only "community" part of his job is making puzzles?)
  • EA got millions from players that bought characters like Revan and as reward for this money spent, they were removed from TW. That is not fair, the new TW system is a mess. Our guilds spent a lot of time think about strategy and investing gears in some characters and sometime money (P2P) to create best defense/attack teams to get this "reward". Why do you guys change something that works with pure strategy to apply this sort of "RNG" to the guilds??? Who did ask for this changing?
This discussion has been closed.