Tie Silencer? More like Paper Silencer.

I'm noticing my TS is made of paper lately. He dies instantly from 1-2 shots. He used to be good at tanking, now my TFP and FOTFP are bulkier than him. What's up with that? Is this some kind of silent nerf? Why is my TS dying so fast?

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gear level?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • All is Max except no G12+ and no zetas on Kylo. The mods are 5dot no 6.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    So bulkier how? Like stats-wise, or just a feel that it gets blown up too fast? Maybe your shard just caught up to you.
  • mine survive just fine and can do 130-140K damage pretty quick to get rid of HT.
    i really have no idea what you are talking about. Considering full TFP can die from Vader with offUp in one-shot, to say its bulkier than silencer is pretty weird -.-
    that said, i have both zetas on kylo, 1 g12+, and 3 mods 6*. its not much chance from yours, but it is some change.
    the only thing that changed, for me, is that instead of the Geos barely doing any damage, im facing Anakins, XB, Vaders mostly. so maybe thats what changed for you too - the opponent use harder hitting ships.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • I don't know what happened. He is dying super fast. I can get maximum one hit with him before he dies from one hit lol! He used to take several hits before he die. Maybe TVF is right, the shard cought on me. I have 2 zetas, but I'm not gonna spend them Klu ;d

I was curious if anyone else feels his TS went paper too.
  • I can confirm at least that we haven't specifically changed his kit recently and I didn't notice my Slicer getting nuked any easier anecdotally. As people have mentioned above, your shard is going to be increasing in power over time and so if you don't upgrade that ship for a while, it inherently gets weaker as other players continue to power up their line ups. For what it's worth, I am definitely noticing harder line ups on my ship shard compared to even a month ago.

Anyways, please let me know if you do confirm a bug or issue with Silencer's kit!
  • Thrawn offense up + a maxed Vader can nearly one shot most non-tank ships.

And its ok if TS dies easily. He hit my Biggs for 128k the other day. He's a glass Howitzer.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    VonZant wrote: »
    Thrawn offense up + a maxed Vader can nearly one shot most non-tank ships.

Despite people complaining about maxed HT, Thrawn offense up and defense down + maxed Spy/Soldier can nearly one shot it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I can confirm at least that we haven't specifically changed his kit recently and I didn't notice my Slicer getting nuked any easier anecdotally. As people have mentioned above, your shard is going to be increasing in power over time and so if you don't upgrade that ship for a while, it inherently gets weaker as other players continue to power up their line ups. For what it's worth, I am definitely noticing harder line ups on my ship shard compared to even a month ago.

Anyways, please let me know if you do confirm a bug or issue with Silencer's kit!

@CG_SBCrumb clarifications like this are very welcome. I think everyone appreciates these kinds of fast responses and would also appreciate more in the future.
  • Anecdotally, my Slicer is doing just fine - g12 zKRU w/ 5-dot mods.

I have been running it literally since I got into fleet several months ago and while it is pretty robust for an attacker, I would not consider it a tank.
  • I haven't noticed any change. Seems the same as before - not a full blown tank, but can take a hit or two on the chin without getting wasted.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    I've been running a maxed out TIE Silencer before and after ships 2.0 (stopped using them outside of Grand Arena / TW) and he's always been a glass cannon of sorts. He can't survive big DPS attacks such as Vader's TIE Advanced, or Geo Spy's or Geo Soldier's special. It also depends which capital ship you are going against, and how leveled up the fleet admirals are, each of them provide different bonuses to offense or critical damage

He usually is in the red or killed in 2-3 attacks
  • Funny, in my shard, TS can survive at least 2 of Vader's crit and still in the yellow.. then again i always quickly hide it with Ghost's stealth ability so it usually lasts through the entire match. Maybe find a ship that gave TS stealth quick enough, like the Scimitar, Ghost, or Cassian's U Wing
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I was using Scimitar before and gave the bonus protection to Kylo, I never hid him. I never used tank before but now is getting harder so I'm using Briggs, I have Fac Sun as well so Ima come up with something.

Funny thing is even if I use TS as reinforcement he never hits more than once, he is like Traya vs Revan - everybody attacks him.
  • using Scim is an excellent support for TS. And of course, the longer TS can stay on the field, the more likely the win as it can take out ships lightning fast with the stacked offense.

I've seen ppl use HT, XB and TS. Once HT is removed, then TS is vulnerable until Biggs or other taunter comes online. Sounds like Biggs should be 1st rein if HT removed. Otherwise Scim could come in if HT health is good.
  • My TS is getting dodged a ton lately (2% dodge rate lolno) but I haven't noticed it being any squishier than usual.
  • @VonZant 125k? Weak. 185k is the most I've seen from mine so far. No g12 or g12+ pieces, only 3 6 dot mods so far.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @VonZant 125k? Weak. 185k is the most I've seen from mine so far. No g12 or g12+ pieces, only 3 6 dot mods so far.

My KRU is still g8 (can’t spare any stun guns for him atm) and I saw his silencer hit for 120k once.
  • I dont know ****, I have him maxed and he missed most times. Sometimes 3 time in row. Worst is his rocket in 10 shots he miss 3-4times
  • Silencer has always been a glass cannon ship. It can only take 1-2 solid hits before it's critical or dead.

The missing a lot is likely caused by Hound's Tooth putting breach on Silencer, which is currently bugged to reduce accuracy.
  • No I dont say that but his special really suck, and I dont say atack tie. Last time I atack vader he dodge, after that biggs dodge, ****.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    No I dont say that but his special really suck, and I dont say atack tie. Last time I atack vader he dodge, after that biggs dodge, ****.

You notice the dodges because you're expecting Overwhelming Advantage to be your clincher move that one-shots a Hound's Tooth or whatever. So when it whiffs, you suddenly have a much harder match ahead of you.

It doesn't get dodged any more than any other ship.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mine stinks too. I think it depends on star count.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales

• His damage should make up for it though.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    I was using Scimitar before and gave the bonus protection to Kylo, I never hid him. I never used tank before....

I think I've found the problem.

• Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I knew you would say this, but I was using it long time ago. So Im measuring like1.5 months before and few weeks now both without Scim.

Also I want to report as the other guy that mine TS misses a lot without being breached. Also don't do as much damage as one month back with the advantage.