Best BH reinforcement

Considering we've got the OGMF event coming up and we'll need to use "any 4" BH ships, that will always leave one as a reinforcement. For anyone who has any experience in using all the BH ships, which one seems to have the best reinforcement with the other 3 on the field. Slave 1 has a great reinforcement, but it seems to be a terrible idea if you already have HT taunting.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I haven't toyed with it yet since my Cad Bane still needs gear, but I plan on starting with Slave 1, Xanadu and Hound's Tooth, and reinforcing IG-2000.

Slave 1 is too squishy to survive taunting, so I never like pulling it in that way since it always dies before it can drop the bomb. I still have it on my arena bench, but only because I don't have anything better to replace it with.

Xanadu's reinforcement is pretty great, but you want that out and dropping Breach from the start, plus adding the extra % damage vs. breached targets. Also, IG-2000 hits like a wet noodle against targets that aren't breached, so this way you can get some breaches out and then he'll be doing full damage as soon as he enters the battle.

Granted, we haven't seen the event yet, so it might be that reinforcing Slave 1 is required to fill HT's taunt gap so that Cad and 88 don't get shot down. Guess we'll see.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Bora
    440 posts Member
    Xb. Gives counterattack to ht and puts back breach via aoe.
    Res non verba
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    For this event though.. Who knows? The opponent might dictate a different approach.
    Res non verba
  • I am going to "assume" whatever enemy you face will be faster because BH ships do not have very high speed. So the enemy will likely get off one or two attacks before HT can gain taunt. For this reason I would make IG my reinforcement as he is my weakest. Blood starts out in stealth and the AI will most likely target the weakest ship which will the be slave. Plus I want my AOE from Blood to go off as many times as possible and slave AOE which starts on cool down to be available late in the fight. IG coming in and adding two TL makes slave and blood specials a lot better.

Blood giving everyone retribution is tempting but I would be afraid IG would get knocked out of the fight before I even get going. But as I mentioned IG is my weakest. Maybe others have him geared more so he isn't quite as squishy.

We really won't know best strategy until all the details are announced. Best of luck to everyone.
  • We are also only discussing BH ships, but there is a very good possibility we can use other ships we have like in the Thrawn event which would change everything.
  • Troyo wrote: »
    I am going to "assume" whatever enemy you face will be faster because BH ships do not have very high speed. So the enemy will likely get off one or two attacks before HT can gain taunt. For this reason I would make IG my reinforcement as he is my weakest. Blood starts out in stealth and the AI will most likely target the weakest ship which will the be slave. Plus I want my AOE from Blood to go off as many times as possible and slave AOE which starts on cool down to be available late in the fight. IG coming in and adding two TL makes slave and blood specials a lot better.

Blood giving everyone retribution is tempting but I would be afraid IG would get knocked out of the fight before I even get going. But as I mentioned IG is my weakest. Maybe others have him geared more so he isn't quite as squishy.

We really won't know best strategy until all the details are announced. Best of luck to everyone.

Good analysis... the whole speed concept makes a lot of sense. However I highly doubt we will be allowed to use any other ships. While the Thrawn event did require two units, the rest of the units still had the requirement of being from the Rebel faction because 2 wasn't enough to even enter the match.