Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• dont dog the puzzles, they are the best thing here.

i don't mind puzzles, it's fine
    but not like the only form of communication)
  • You guys remember that one time the devs ruined tw?
  • MadScientist92
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Silent1018 wrote: »
    CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

I understand the responses many have made regarding the TW 'ban' on premium toons. You paid or invested lots of time and energy, for toons and now can't use them. Or the inconvenience of mod switching from banned toons to viable ones. Or the disparate impact to gamers with smaller rosters. I only want to encourage you to be positive and upbeat, but continue to express your opinions, and if possible remain civilized. Don't feel that you are not being heard, because you are. Their are thousands and thousands of views on these threads, and I would bet RL money that a lot of those views are from CG/EA staffers, from top to bottom.

Maybe they aren’t ready to comment, but they haven’t even acknowledged the issue. A”we hear you, and we are discussing internally if we will take action” kind of sentiment would go a long way.

This is true. They could have said something to acknowledge some discontent. The part that disappointed me was the in game message about it be implemented due to positive feedback. Maybe I misread the in game message. Clearly this is a very polarizing change, as with any forum there seems to be a lot of shouting in the negative ( I am one who thinks this is a bad thing)....but are the majority against it? I don't know.... CG will have an idea as their metrics get looked at.

To me, this seems like any other f2p game...start out acting like you care about the community, then let your metrics drive what you do. It is a business after all. Too bad no one can seem to find a good balance.
  • BoZaNoVa
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Sheesh. Talk about a 'storm in a tea cup'!
    Post edited by BoZaNoVa on
  • CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

I understand the responses many have made regarding the TW 'ban' on premium toons. You paid or invested lots of time and energy, for toons and now can't use them. Or the inconvenience of mod switching from banned toons to viable ones. Or the disparate impact to gamers with smaller rosters. I only want to encourage you to be positive and upbeat, but continue to express your opinions, and if possible remain civilized. Don't feel that you are not being heard, because you are. Their are thousands and thousands of views on these threads, and I would bet RL money that a lot of those views are from CG/EA staffers, from top to bottom.

i think thats hogwash because anyone who loves star wars and this game wouldnt of done what they just did and then the message that was sent out claiming we choose this when we clearly didnt was a flat out lie.

they arent listening if they continue the actions and course that they are on. i would quit my job if the company i represented did something like this. no i am not calling for them to do that but me personally i wouldnt want to have my name associated with such an evil action

You're passionate and want to be heard. I get it. I hear you.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    I am absolutely against this kind of ideas which, in addition to devaluing work and investment, are then demagogically implemented by assigning to others the responsibility for unpopularity which was at all predictable.

I believe that measures are needed to make TWs interesting and different. Now the way to do this should never be for the negation of assets, but for their valorization or, alternatively, for the weighting, the punctuation (valuing use of factions / chars or penalizing other factions / chars).

With that being said, and with all the dissatisfaction with this cripled guild feature that has everything to be TOP, I also consider that it is not the first time that situations of this kind happen (most of the community oppose measures, indicating the reasons and the prejudice of the same ones to the gameplay and fun).

In more than 3 years I remember several guild hopping without control; pre craft of gear; boring raids for the ones that could reach heroic tiers in short term; stupid and easily manipulated tournaments that gave shards of new chars / ships; clearly identifiable cheats that seemed to have no treatment on the part of the devs; absurd lack of communication (for instance ... we didnt have a calendar of events ... at ALL .... now we have one with some misses in there :)); lack of QoL improvements; etc; etc.

So I clearly believe that although I am irritated by the lack of feedback on this subject, someone will be looking at the pros and cons of it, and sooner or later, there will be one of two situations:
    - detailed explanation of the rational that leads them to want to continue with this negative idea in the TW;
    - inversion of strategy and application of different measures in TWs that do not jeopardize the use of the whole roster.

I will wait and see, as I usually do, without ceasing to express my opinion and to base my positions.
  • TheRealObiOne
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Laughing at a handful on here who think this is not a big deal and to give it a try. Here's the main issues that I have with this horrible idea:

1. People spend time and money getting their toons up- to have them suddenly banned by way of a voting system that makes Florida's look well run is a disgrace. This shows they have no regard for any monetary investment by the players.

2. This opens up the possibility for them to remove characters from future events

3. Their claim that "We asked for this"

4. TW is the only guild vs guild format- there are a ton of ways to occasionally spruce it up if they deem necessary, forbidding the use of toons is the least intelligent of them.

5. Anyone who is a guild leader or officer now has to spend more time trying to come up with a brand new defense strategy and try and beg/motivate the guild to participate in the dumbest TW ever created.
  • Laughing at a handful on here who think this is not a big deal and to give it a try. Here's the main issues that I have with this horrible idea:

5. Anyone who is a guild leader or officer now has to spend more time trying to come up with a brand new defense strategy and try and beg/motivate the guild to participate in the dumbest TW ever created.

Not only participate but move mods as well. I mean, we are talking about 20 toons I believe, most of which people had modded, and some of which have premier mods. Are we suppose to remod and entire roster each TW? And are we suppose to expect a guild to do that?

I can't think of a way to demotivate people for even more participation than having to remod every TW.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Everyone that is against this TW change and posted about it. Just realize the developers don’t care about what you think. They don’t even acknowledge that you exist. To them you are nothing at all.
  • It’s amazing the lies people will try spread,
    Sbumaj wrote: »
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

s6tvi9rn5m9j.png

I agree. If Revan had only cost $400, I would have gotten in on that. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Laughing at a handful on here who think this is not a big deal and to give it a try. Here's the main issues that I have with this horrible idea:

1. People spend time and money getting their toons up- to have them suddenly banned by way of a voting system that makes Florida's look well run is a disgrace. This shows they have no regard for any monetary investment by the players.

2. This opens up the possibility for them to remove characters from future events

4. TW is the only guild vs guild format- there are a ton of ways to occasionally spruce it up if they deem necessary, forbidding the use of toons is the least intelligent of them.

The only people mocking the overwhelming majority of players that do not like excluding characters that were paid for are trolls and alt accounts. You can draw your own conclusions as to whose alt accounts...

And convince people to spend credits remodding toons , only to remod them again after, its just a huge cluster
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Wonder how long it will take for them to wipe this thread to get rid of all the negative feedback.
  • UV_
    24 posts Member
    If they do that, they will get twice as many pages in no time.
  • Love or hate the idea. Personally I hate and will sign up set 1 d team and collect my 2 zetas. But not long ago was them saying they will communicate better which has not happened at all. And any time they do something like this they seem to put their head in the sand.

This is ridiculous as paying customers we deserve answers or at least some form of communication/updates. Like is this a one off? Silence is never the answer engage us try to smooth things out of this is the direction. But really any business should take the overwhelming hate and negative as a huge sign to move away from the model
  • Kaziglubey wrote: »
    Love or hate the idea. Personally I hate and will sign up set 1 d team and collect my 2 zetas. But not long ago was them saying they will communicate better which has not happened at all. And any time they do something like this they seem to put their head in the sand.

This is ridiculous as paying customers we deserve answers or at least some form of communication/updates. Like is this a one off? Silence is never the answer engage us try to smooth things out of this is the direction. But really any business should take the overwhelming hate and negative as a huge sign to move away from the model

I’m taking their silence to mean that they’re still planning to do more TWs with toon bans in the future and are waiting for the outrage to die down before they announce it. But who knows. Communication would fix a lot of impressions they’re leaving.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    Kaziglubey wrote: »
    Love or hate the idea. Personally I hate and will sign up set 1 d team and collect my 2 zetas. But not long ago was them saying they will communicate better which has not happened at all. And any time they do something like this they seem to put their head in the sand.

I’m taking their silence to mean that they’re still planning to do more TWs with toon bans in the future and are waiting for the outrage to die down before they announce it. But who knows. Communication would fix a lot of impressions they’re leaving.

this is the truth right here. they honestly just don't care.
  • UV_
    24 posts Member
    They will care when it will burn their pockets.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It’s amazing the lies people will try spread,
    Sbumaj wrote: »
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

s6tvi9rn5m9j.png

I agree. If Revan had only cost $400, I would have gotten in on that. ;)

I didnt spend that much....

Less than $200 spent panic farming
  • I'm expecting them to leave a comment tonight before they leave the office, then they wont have to deal with the forums being on fire all weekend.
  • I responded on the other thread before it was closed, and I'll say it again here. My guild (and I) are very frustrated by this.

We have spent time, effort, resources, and money developing strong characters to give us a competitive advantage in Territory Wars. To have some of our resources taken away is not *fun*. We are annoyed, and don't even care about this upcoming war. Adding bonuses and buffs to underutilized toons was fun and required some different strategies. Removing 24-28 toons from our rosters will have a significant impact on our overall strategy.

Additionally, if the matchmaking doesn't take the "active GP" into consideration, it will put guilds like mine - who have focused on high value character - at a competitive disadvantage because of all the resources sunk into the banned characters.

I am not prone to overreacting to things. So far, in 3 years of playing this game, this TW is the thing I am most unhappy about.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    I am not prone to overreacting to things. So far, in 3 years of playing this game, this TW is the thing I am most unhappy about.

Agreed. It's funny, all the people saying that we're overreacting. Power creep? Fine, whatever. Us F2P will get it eventually and can continue to compete. I really don't care that much. GA? Not my favorite idea, but fine. Nice timekiller for 15 minutes every so often, especially when you accept that you'll never win.

This TW is the thing that spurred me on to create a forum account and try to make my voice heard as to how terrible an idea this is. I'm just frustrated beyond belief at their absolute disregard for the majority of people providing feedback on their ideas.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

Agreed. It's funny, all the people saying that we're overreacting. Power creep? Fine, whatever. Us F2P will get it eventually and can continue to compete. I really don't care that much. GA? Not my favorite idea, but fine. Nice timekiller for 15 minutes every so often, especially when you accept that you'll never win.

This TW is the thing that spurred me on to create a forum account and try to make my voice heard as to how terrible an idea this is. I'm just frustrated beyond belief at their absolute disregard for the majority of people providing feedback on their ideas.

The only feedback they understand is $$$$ so just don’t give them any until they fix this.
  • Problem with this event : You didn't give us the tools to make this work. You want us to bother remodding all of our toons just because they can't be usable in TW ? You know that takes a LOT of time.
  • Once again I want to say that this is the worst idea that you guys have introduced into the game. A lot of people haven’t noticed of the poll, and they will be find that his best toons are banned from the next TW, and what it’s even worst is that YOU don’t care about the community reaction!
    Thank you for nothing
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Once again I want to say that this is the worst idea that you guys have introduced into the game. A lot of people haven’t noticed of the poll, and they will be find that his best toons are banned from the next TW, and what it’s even worst is that YOU don’t care about the community reaction!
    Thank you for nothing

Ya cant wait for it to happen and the forum floods with “I didn’t know this” posts
  • I understand the sentiment behind wanting to try new things to "change it up". I just wonder what research led to this idea.

Hopefully, if the overall reaction is as negative as it seems on the forums, they will do this one and then stop doing this, like they did with the Tournaments back in the day.
  • Myd
    11 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I understand the sentiment behind wanting to try new things to "change it up". I just wonder what research led to this idea.

Hopefully, if the overall reaction is as negative as it seems on the forums, they will do this one and then stop doing this, like they did with the Tournaments back in the day.

All i can think of when i read what you just said, and this may apply surprisingly well, is a man and a women.... you know in bed.... and shes pretty angry because he wanted to "change things up"... and maybe she likes dressing up/role playing/ adding things to their normal activity.... shes mad because.... well you know where im going. We feel like that women. TW, i dare say, feels like it has been violated. Im gonna have to get some preparation H for this guys....
  • SWGOH made $14 million in December alone the only way they will care is hurt their pocket book. Your upset no one panic farm the BH ships to get the Falcon Boycott spending money just like fans did to the Solo movie. Show them our voice matters only then will they listen.
This discussion has been closed.