Aren’t we missing something? (The Road Ahead)

Prev13
Nosferatu91
399 posts Member
edited January 2019
The road ahead. The start of the new quarter was the beginning of January so we are now 11 days in.

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but it’s a shame we can’t just get things when they’re due and then no one would have to bring it up.
Post edited by Nosferatu91 on

Replies

• Yes we are missing something! Specifics in a title.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.

Nice, glad you could make it
  • The road ahead. The start of the new quarter was the beginning of January so we are now 11 days in.

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but it’s a shame we can’t just get things when they’re due and then no one would have to bring it up.

Apparently we may be waiting for share holder approval or something like that. Don’t even bother Nos. These forums get more ridiculous by the week.
  • Don’t expect any road ahead until the end of every 3 months that way you can’t be disappointed
  • It'll come when it comes. Relax, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The dev team has stated that it will be late this month due to the holidays
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yes we are missing something! Specifics in a title.

Nice, glad you could make it

The only way we learn is by listening.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I know we are all too “distracted with the TW mess and the **** incoming but....We were promised one in January after we got the last with almost 2 months delay.

Click bait
  • Kyno wrote: »

Do you not know that the forum demands you work during holidays? lol
    How are the fires? EA or CG didn't burn down, did they?

Holidays really snuck up on em, huh? We should petition the government for like holidays to be on the same day and have a way of telling what day is what and how far off those days are.

A road ahead should be created before the beginning of the new quarter, not at the end of the first month.
    I don't think that CG developer team leaders don't know what they have to do in the next few month.

I worked for a big fashion factory and their roadmap contained "What TODO" for the next year.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Do you not know that the forum demands you work during holidays? lol
    How are the fires? EA or CG didn't burn down, did they?

I was here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

A road ahead should be created before the beginning of the new quarter, not at the end of the first month.
    I don't think that CG developer team leaders don't know what they have to do in the next few month.

I worked for a big fashion factory and their roadmap contained "What TODO" for the next year.

If they want to keep the road ahead accurate, they need to get the most up to date information from the teams. Doing that a month in advance may not work and could lead to issues as delays and approvals slow things down. This is in part some speculation, but I do know that they really try to wait to ensure the accuracy of what's being stated.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Holidays really snuck up on em, huh? We should petition the government for like holidays to be on the same day and have a way of telling what day is what and how far off those days are.

Software companies (like EA) plan around holidays but that doesn't mean there aren't any holiday-induced challenges anymore. Do I want the Road Ahead? Yes. Do I hope it comes sooner than later? Yes. But let's all relax and realize that this game is brought to us by a team of humans. They're getting back into the swing of things and it'll come soon.

Let's afford them the same level of understanding that we want from our customers at our own jobs.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

, but I do know that they really try to wait to ensure the accuracy of what's being stated.

Any 3gate
  • We’ve heard that before

• Lio wrote: »

Software companies (like EA) plan around holidays but that doesn't mean there aren't any holiday-induced challenges anymore. Do I want the Road Ahead? Yes. Do I hope it comes sooner than later? Yes. But let's all relax and realize that this game is brought to us by a team of humans. They're getting back into the swing of things and it'll come soon.

Let's afford them the same level of understanding that we want from our customers at our own jobs.

And since we get none at ours , they should get the same, true
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Wow
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member

Wow

« They should be the change we wish to see in the world »
    - bizarro-gandhi
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Yeah, but considering last road ahead... dont you think they should have gotten this ready ahead of the holidays?

Thats what i do at my job around the holidays if something is due 1/1. I have it good to go and ready before i leave so its a simple process when i return
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019

You do realize customers understand but still want prompt service right?

And when its the next one after a extremely late and poorly recieved release, this should be a higher priority.

Ie the re-establish trust approach.
  • They were so late doing the last one I guess they've figured they've bought themselves sometime
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Brown89 wrote: »
    They were so late doing the last one I guess they've figured they've bought themselves sometime

Lol. A simple post of 'weve decided that road ahead will come in the middle of a quarter' would have done that.

Expectation is everything here
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I'm willing to wait until they've got a good message together and release it. As the "3 BH ships, no wait, 4" post shows, it's better to post the correct info the first time (not just in games either, it's true of any software release).

We've already got the Falcon coming, know Revan is close, and our weirdo TW is on the way. That's good enough for me right now, I've got my hands full with those.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

Will it ever be on time again?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm willing to wait until they've got a good message together and release it. As the "3 BH ships, no wait, 4" post shows, it's better to post the correct info the first time (not just in games either, it's true of any software release).

We've already got the Falcon coming, know Revan is close, and our weirdo TW is on the way. That's good enough for me right now, I've got my hands full with those.

Weirdo tw is not something im excited to be a part of. Revan already have... flacon im super close to 7 star BH ships.... so im concentrating on that and ewok 3po round 2.

That said, id still like some real news of what to expect between last two weeks and march.

Though i will give you accuracy. Lol ANY 4 bouty hunter ships.... hard choices people. Hard choices
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JiggyMoose wrote: »

Sure. I mean even stormtroopers hit thier mark once in a while.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Brown89 wrote: »
    They were so late doing the last one I guess they've figured they've bought themselves sometime

Lol. A simple post of 'weve decided that road ahead will come in the middle of a quarter' would have done that.

Expectation is everything here

So is reading.

Go read Carrie's post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    JiggyMoose wrote: »

Depends what you mean on time.

They said they will try to post the Road Ahead on January and its still January so they have plenty of time