Aren’t we missing something? (The Road Ahead)

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Brown89 wrote: »
    They were so late doing the last one I guess they've figured they've bought themselves sometime

Lol. A simple post of 'weve decided that road ahead will come in the middle of a quarter' would have done that.

Expectation is everything here

So is reading.

Go read Carrie's post.

" the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) "

Couple means 2. Today is the last of said couple.

So from carries post every 3 months i should expect 1 within the first two weeks.

Not sure how i coukd read it any differently.

But again, if they need more time... just say when the new cadence is.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    They were so late doing the last one I guess they've figured they've bought themselves sometime

Lol. A simple post of 'weve decided that road ahead will come in the middle of a quarter' would have done that.

So is reading.

Go read Carrie's post.

" the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) "

So from carries post every 3 months i should expect 1 within the first two weeks.

You missed the additional post saying it would be late due to holidays ,so you need to add that time into it also.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    m9xzelatnx8u.png
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Side note: vision failed
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

So is reading.

Go read Carrie's post.

You missed the additional post saying it would be late due to holidays ,so you need to add that time into it also.

Nice to see that they made one... but again my company, a fortune 500 company... has us do our work ahead of time so that day 1 2019 we hit the ground running like no one was off.

Customers expect that.

I would think after last quarters road ahead being so late, this one would have been in the bag and ready before christmas
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

So is reading.

Go read Carrie's post.

Nice to see that they made one... but again my company, a fortune 500 company... has us do our work ahead of time so that day 1 2019 we hit the ground running like no one was off.

Customers expect that.

I would think after last quarters road ahead being so late, this one would have been in the bag and ready before christmas

Your company comparison aside. Whales will buy a pile of poodoo just to own it first. This is what they prey on and really the only factor in everything they do. My philosophy has always been if they buy it sell it. It is unfortunate though as destroyes value over time.
  • Lio wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    The dev team has stated that it will be late this month due to the holidays

Holidays really snuck up on em, huh? We should petition the government for like holidays to be on the same day and have a way of telling what day is what and how far off those days are.

Software companies (like EA) plan around holidays but that doesn't mean there aren't any holiday-induced challenges anymore. Do I want the Road Ahead? Yes. Do I hope it comes sooner than later? Yes. But let's all relax and realize that this game is brought to us by a team of humans. They're getting back into the swing of things and it'll come soon.

Let's afford them the same level of understanding that we want from our customers at our own jobs.

You're making sense. That isn't allowed on the forums.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Why do people keep insisting this is a typical business.

If I go to the grocery store, I have to pay for what I buy. I can't get fruit for free because my neighbor bought $5,000 worth of bread.

If you don't like that this company isn't giving you what you want, go play something else. Please. Or at least stop complaining about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

If I go to the grocery store, I have to pay for what I buy. I can't get fruit for free because my neighbor bought $5,000 worth of bread.

If you don't like that this company isn't giving you what you want, go play something else. Please. Or at least stop complaining about it.

You there! You are also making too much sense. Go away.. before the trolls come out to eat you. Lol.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Your neighbor must be the sandwich king👑

Edit: or really loves toast
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019

Nice to see that they made one... but
    "I want them to do this"
    >They do
    "OK BUT...."

Its ok to admit that CG is doing a good job for once ;)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »

Will it ever be on time again?

Sure. I mean even stormtroopers hit thier mark once in a while.

No, no they dont
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »

Nice to see that they made one... but
    "I want them to do this"
    >They do
    "OK BUT...."

Its ok to admit that CG is doing a good job for once ;)

Im glad they let us know... but no its not good to be late when the expectation is not met.

Last time was bad and this isnt feeling like a good start back to regular release cadence... which is what i want with my info
  • TVF wrote: »

Nah i pay money so i can complain lol
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

No, no they dont

That's a myth.

"They let us go."
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Nah i pay money so i can complain lol

Well good luck getting anywhere.
  • Tvf does it for free🤪
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think it was TVF that kept saying it should come out by Feb? Good call.
  • I hope the road ahead post is a really hard puzzle that some countries' intelligence agencies couldn't even crack rather than just plain ol' text that we can all clearly understand.

Do you not know that the forum demands you work during holidays? lol
    How are the fires? EA or CG didn't burn down, did they?

I was here.

You are the faithful Guardian of the Forums

As much as the unaimed arrow never misses.
  • Oh I saw, @kyno.

“We don’t have a hard timeline for when this will go live but there will be more info in the next couple weeks.” So, we’re a week in already. Add a “couple weeks” and we’ll get “more info” about a third of the way into the quarter. Not get the Road Ahead, get more info.

@CG_Carrie said “you should still expect...inside the beginning of next quarter...January...possible holiday delays”. My point is, if you say it’s still coming at a relatively certain time, you should be working on it in advance so to be able to follow through on time. This is another month-long delay. That is the unacceptable part.

I know tone is hard to be read, I’m not mad or yelling, I’m being as reasonable as I can. Hope that comes across.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Oh I saw, kyno.

“We don’t have a hard timeline for when this will go live but there will be more info in the next couple weeks.” So, we’re a week in already. Add a “couple weeks” and we’ll get “more info” about a third of the way into the quarter. Not get the Road Ahead, get more info.

CG_Carrie said “you should still expect...inside the beginning of next quarter...January...possible holiday delays”. My point is, if you say it’s still coming at a relatively certain time, you should be working on it in advance so to be able to follow through on time. This is another month-long delay. That is the unacceptable part.

I know tone is hard to be read, I’m not mad or yelling, I’m being as reasonable as I can. Hope that comes across.

Well they said it would be delayed, and gave a rough timeline, then prefaced it with " could still be delayed" (paraphrasing), then gave us another update that it was delayed, and stated they will give us more information as they have it.....

Not sure what else they can do to keep us in the loop. There is a lot of background that goes into these long projections for development, and then approvals of what they can say. This sort of "we are trying and here is an update" is what people ask for, yet when we get it "it's never enough". So..... maybe we can focus on the fact that they are giving us updates for right now, since that has not always been the case.
  • If you're so far behind the curve that you're going to be over a month into the quarter before you figure what you're going to release that quarter, and you can't even release a calendar of recurring monthly events before the month begins because you haven't figured that part out either, you might need to slow things down a bit until you catch up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you're so far behind the curve that you're going to be over a month into the quarter before you figure what you're going to release that quarter, and you can't even release a calendar of recurring monthly events before the month begins because you haven't figured that part out either, you might need to slow things down a bit until you catch up.

Sounds like a good plan.

No one said they dont know what they are doing, it's more that people who do communicate these things can't always just say things.
  • The updates are better than radio silence, sure, BUT let’s not get so happy about the updates that it distracts us from making the point that fixing the underlying issue of not being better prepared would prevent all of this. They did regular, on time RA posts several times in a row. Now all of a sudden it’s impossible to be prepared ahead of time? Shenanigans. That’s my point. Thanks for the update saying it’s delayed, again, but get better. This is twice in a row. Improve.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    The Road Ahead is purposely delayed
    No one said they dont know what they are doing, it's more that people who do communicate these things can't always just say things.

Crumb literally wrote that they don't know what they're going to release this quarter yet and they won't know for several weeks.
    Now that we are back from break we working to finish clarifying what will make it into this quarter and show you all the exciting things that are coming down the pipeline. We don’t have a hard timeline for when this will go live but there will be more info in the next couple weeks.

No one said they don't know what they're doing. I said they don't know what they're releasing. It may not be done yet. They may not have all of the approvals yet. It doesn't matter. If they aren't going to know until halfway through this quarter, they should be targeting next quarter instead. Then, instead of looking like a bunch of chumps who can't get it together long enough to put out a monthly calendar on time, they look like rockstars for timely communication.