Weekly Shipments

Replies

• Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Then how do you explain this?

"CG_SBCrumb
    October 2018 in Dev Announcements and News
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today’s update will remove Ally Point rewards for all Events and Challenges that do not require energy and I wanted to give you some background on why this change is being made. You will still earn Ally Points when you spend energy as usual, but we have traditionally struggled to provide something compelling to do with this currency.

The Weekly Shipments are a good starting point, but the core issue is that the Ally Point economy isn’t balanced. They are earned from almost every action you take, but there are very few place to spend them and so they started stacking up in inventories (even more so before Weekly Shipments). As previously mentioned by Carrie, this is one of the reasons that we aren’t implementing multi-pull of bronzium packs and for a while, we had “given up” on ally points as a viable currency until further changes were made.

We want to do more with Ally Points, like additional items in Weekly Shipments, and address some of the concerns that people have had about having too many Ally Points while there is not much to do with them. In short, we need to tune the economy a little more before we can offer many more things to buy with them. That doesn’t mean we are going to be adding a ton of new ways to spend Ally Points in the short term, it’s just that if we want to, we need to give Ally Points out in fewer places.

Thanks for reading and I hope this gives you an understanding of why it was important for us to make this change."

CG states something and doesn't follow through.

Do you really need an explanation?
  • Oh no doubt that it's rare for them to stick entirely to their word. This is just too point out an inconsistency in the argument that it was always intended as a P2P store. Because at least in some aspects it was intended to be a place to actually spend those ally tokens.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Stated intentions and actual intentions are not necessarily in alignment.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Should they be?
  • I will take 5 bossk shards for 1 mil all day every day.......
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Should they be?

Of course. Why should CG lie to us?

Should they be?

Has very little to do with your original statement. If statements aren’t in alignment then they cant all be true.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Should they be?

Has very little to do with your original statement. If statements aren’t in alignment then they cant all be true.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I'm saying there's nothing to stop them from saying something that makes it look like the intention is "hey we want to give you a place to spend ally points" when their true intention was to build another crystal shop all along.

Should they be?

I have no clue what you are talking about. I'm saying there's nothing to stop them from saying something that makes it look like the intention is "hey we want to give you a place to spend ally points" when their true intention was to build another crystal shop all along.

So why the statement “ why would cg lie to us”? You’re baiting bro
  • I just want them to move the free shipments (credit costing ones) to the top like they did with the bronzium data cards moving to the left. Scrolling through all kinds of stuff I'm not going to buy with crystals is as annoying as youtube ads
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Otherwise you wouldn’t say why would they dont lie to us then say their intentions aren’t their intentions
  • There are three types of people on this forum imop......

1- people who complain about everything (even a ne source of.gear and shards)
    2- people who think CG does everything right, no matter how bad it is.....
    3- people who analyze and try to provide input etc....

Quite frankly, there were no weekly shipments a handful of months ago..... Look at this as another potential source and move on ....
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Otherwise you wouldn’t say why would they lie to us then say their intentions aren’t their intentions

I said their stated intentions are not necessarily their actual intentions. I am not in their meetings or seeing their emails and I don't know what their actual intentions are. I just know they very often say something that creates expectations and then the actuality is something very different.

I said why should they lie to us, not why would they lie to us. Because yes, their stated intentions should be the same as their actual intentions.

And with that I'm moving on.

Sorry...... Let me correct myself..... There is a fourth type of person on the forum....

4- people who do everything they can to go against the grain, butt popular opinion and try to create a disturbance while adding little to no value or input......

My bad.....
    Otherwise you wouldn’t say why would they lie to us then say their intentions aren’t their intentions

I said their stated intentions are not necessarily their actual intentions. I am not in their meetings or seeing their emails and I don't know what their actual intentions are. I just know they very often say something that creates expectations and then the actuality is something very different.

I said why should they lie to us, not why would they lie to us. Because yes, their stated intentions should be the same as their actual intentions.

And with that I'm moving on.

👍
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Sorry...... Let me correct myself..... There is a fourth type of person on the forum....

4- people who do everything they can to go against the grain, butt popular opinion and try to create a disturbance while adding little to no value or input......

My bad.....

Love you too.

My bad.....

Love you too.

Glad to have a creepy contradictory stalker
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019

My bad.....

Love you too.

Glad to have a creepy contradictory stalker

I wasn't talking to you lol. You gotta work harder to win my "affection."
  • Lame
  • Im not a fan of TW toon elimination...... I think it's ridiculous..... I voice my opinion as a player where I feel it's warranted..... I'm also not here to pollute the forums or seek attention....

The bottom line is weekly shipments are another place to get shards and gear...... They weren't here 6 months ago..... If you don't like them, don't buy them..... It's really that simple...

You can also now buy cheaper refreshes on nodes and get 8 instead of 5 max sims..... All good things. ...

No need for a the hate for everything....

My bad.....

Love you too.

I apologize....... Didn't realize "." Was a relative and informative post that adds value..... Carry on.....
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

My bad.....

Love you too.

I apologize....... Didn't realize "." Was a relative and informative post that adds value..... Carry on.....

It's called "I wrote something that either was a potential violation of the TOS or was not relevant to what had been previously posted so I deleted it."
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Lame

Getting closer.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    The bottom line is weekly shipments are another place to get shards and gear...... They weren't here 6 months ago..... If you don't like them, don't buy them..... It's really that simple...

It's not that simple because it was a fantastic shop when introduced and everyone appreciated it. And then CG said "haha just kidding!"
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Im not a fan of TW toon elimination...... I think it's ridiculous..... I voice my opinion as a player where I feel it's warranted..... I'm also not here to pollute the forums or seek attention....

Maybe people think that criticism of weekly shipments is warranted?

Saying "if you don't like, don't buy" can be applied to anything. It's really not constructive in any way.

Don't like the TW exclusion, then don't play. See, simple.

It's not that simple because it was a fantastic shop when introduced and everyone appreciated it. And then CG said "haha just kidding!"

Yes...... Unlike everything else in the game that gets introduced right?...... You are smart enough to know better than to think introductory rewards will equal steady state rewards..... GA being another great recent example.....

Weekly shipments is just yet another source...... We are seeing bh used for a lot of things and the last two toons were bh..... And I would say bossk is generous, great ship and great toon......

• JaggedJ wrote: »
    Im not a fan of TW toon elimination...... I think it's ridiculous..... I voice my opinion as a player where I feel it's warranted..... I'm also not here to pollute the forums or seek attention....

Saying "if you don't like, don't buy" can be applied to anything. It's really not constructive in any way.

Huh?.....I have no issue with constructive criticism with reasoning..... Where is yours?......

"Don't like it don't play" is not an option if you wish to keep up..... You hat game are you playing?
  • It was a nice thing for CG to do to add those shards for a small amount of GW currency and all people with OCD can do is complain. This worse then when my roommate complains I left water in the sink, not on...in...like a normal person.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Huh?.....I have no issue with constructive criticism with reasoning..... Where is yours?......

"Don't like it don't play" is not an option if you wish to keep up..... You hat game are you playing?

Saying "if you don't like them, don't buy them" isn't constructive, it's dismissive.

Why would you wish to keep it if you don't like it?

I don't wear hats.