The Galactic War: Update and Changes. (Merged Threads)

Replies

• OwexBaill wrote: »
    Srsly... what are the mods in this forum doing?
    Only because 2 words are the same in the ****, or it says "GW", they merge multiple threads and create total chaos!
    I started a poll because I wanted to hear the experience other players made with the recent update. Obviously I am not allowed to that because someone created a topic with "GW" in it.
    Had nothing to do with my intention to gather information from other players.
    A similar thing happened yesterday, where my thread (that had a question that had nothing to do with the other thread) was merged with all the comments. Just lock it when it's too much, or against the rules or whatever.

I've had it happen to me several times now. It's silly and the Mods clearly don't care enough to actually read the full post.
  • trellent
    168 posts Member
    I'm happy the update was made for others and I won't complain about it as it showed EA/CG was listening to their gamers and took action for them. I'll just say I missed the challenge.

Handicap yourself. Send a weaker squad in. Send an incomplete squad in. Send somebody in solo.
  • I finished GW today, like every other day, didn't noticed it was easier nor harder. Only noticed that the opponents are more balanced, there were no ALL DPS teams or ALL droid team with Poe. Actually I didn't even see 1 Poe today, maybe I was lucky?
  • 3D3F7B7A-B8E1-47E8-BF0C-345D6EC57128.png

I'm level 53.
  • Irul
    55 posts Member
    Me too much worst. 2nd node and i have a team of 5 7* gear 8 toons. What is this?????? This is broken, it will take me too much time to complete this.
  • Irul
    55 posts Member
    Now i get 5 7* lvl 70 and gear 8 toons on 2nd node. What is this? I used to get this in nodes 4 or 5 and usually one toon was a 5* or 6*.

Need to fix this! before the update I already spent a lot of time on GW everyday and now will be worst!!!! This will not be fun.

What will happen with level cap rise? We will get 5 level 80 gear 9 on 2nd round once we have our first team of character maxed up?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    I've seen those max setups before the so called fix or update.
    So nothing new for me and I'm still able to make it, even with those setups on node 3.
    My Nightsister B squad has no trouble getting to node 10 before I have to sacrifice them.
    If anything it seems that this was intended as you didn't get it before but others did.
    Tough luck but it's still beatable.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Baulder001 wrote: »
    RU486 wrote: »
    roEKKUg.png

lol, wow... Sorry bro.

Chewbacca, should be an easy win. I would love setups like those..
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    Only because 2 words are the same in the ****, or it says "GW", they merge multiple threads and create total chaos!
    I started a poll because I wanted to hear the experience other players made with the recent update. Obviously I am not allowed to that because someone created a topic with "GW" in it.
    A similar thing happened yesterday, where my thread (that had a question that had nothing to do with the other thread) was merged with all the comments. Just lock it when it's too much, or against the rules or whatever.

I've had it happen to me several times now. It's silly and the Mods clearly don't care enough to actually read the full post.

Because you guys don't use search functions and open a new topic for every QQ about GW. It's embarrissing and annoying at the same time.
    Forum is a mess.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    It's beatable if you have a great B-squad, which I don't.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »

Because you guys don't use search functions and open a new topic for every QQ about GW. It's embarrissing and annoying at the same time.
    Forum is a mess.

The amount of new threads is indeed ridiculous. It's good forum manners to NOT start a new topic without first researching whether others have already done the same.

Otherwise you get this bloated effect with a dozen threads about the same thing, and other interesting topics (because not everybody loves to discuss GW) pushed to page 2 and beyond.

Tl;dr - don't create new threads all the time.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    My updated Galactic Wars was a little more varied than it used to be. Not as many cookie cutter teams. More toons you don't see often. Could be coincidence of course.

The rewards for GW is still ~450K for 12 finished nodes. Been like that since forever, as far as I know.
  • CronozNL wrote: »

Forum is a mess.

If you've read my post, or my threads, you would know that my issue had little to do with all the other whine/rant threads that are spreading (and yes, this is indeed very annoying).
    Now it seems my posts even get deleted.
    The forum is a mess because mods don't seem to care anymore if it's another "GW is too hard, fix it!" thread, or someting other. Yes, you could discuss this issue without whining. Reading the title is sometimes not enough to judge. Just saying.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    If I was the devs, I would never reveal the formula. Otherwise people will just exploit/manipulate it, the players are very clever! There are a few combining factors, they may let you know one, but not everything.

In fact, I'm suspicious that the fast and sudden fix, after weeks of problems and devs saying in reddit they had no ETA because there were other priorities, might be related to the fact that some people claim to have "solved" it, through tanking your Arena power. Maybe they were right, so CG ran to change it.
    Post edited by Triqui on
  • If I was the devs, I would never reveal the formula. Otherwise people will just exploit/manipulate it, the players are very clever! There are a few combining factors, they may let you know one, but not everything.

+1

As I expected, the people who had it tougher before are now happy, and those who had it easy but got harder.

It's called balance. And sometimes it can be frustrating.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Mc1 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if they reduced the credits and tokens? I paid no attention as I played through GW.

I got 1200 tokens, and I'm 99% sure I got 480k credits (wasnt paying attention and might me a slight increase or reduction, like 450-490, but it was about that much)

If people is having less credits in the begining maybe they have backloaded the credits
  • As for the credits, so far it's been:

Crate 1 7k
    Crate 2 15k
    Crate 3 24k
    Crate 4 30k
  • Yes, it got pretty hard now again - the last 10 days or so it had been very easy for me, I almost never needed to use a second team. Today I had to use *ALL* characters and at the end of the last level I only had 3 toons left... and of course a lot of retreat was needed in order to be able to complete it...
  • no. that was not easy. but... I did that. 6/10 GW wins. nice.

I hope it was a fix, not glitch. Lvls are different (not 70 only, as before), stars too 5-7. May be EA wanna my respect back? That can be posible, I thinking. Lets try to finish 10/10 GW wins.
  • I saw a lot more varied teams. I even saw an almost all first order team
  • #TheDailyGalacticWarTearsAndTalk

Today, it's better to have a D, C, B Squad before you getting killed with your A Squad after three fights.

Maybe the force will be with you...or your creditcard visa Mastercard :D
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    I ran into a super-team on node 6. Had Phasma, Luke, Lumi, Sid and St Han, all lvl 70 7* purple (not sure how to tell the exact gear level). Had to soften them up with my suicide squad.

My node 7, in comparison, was ridiculously easy. 4* Chewie, 5* Daka, 7* Lumi, 4* Savage and 5* Eath Koth - none higher than lvl 63 and only one purple (Daka).

That was the first GW I haven't finished in a while - mainly because I lost my suicide squad so early and I ran into another super team on node 10 or 11.
  • Irul wrote: »
    Now i get 5 7* lvl 70 and gear 8 toons on 2nd node. What is this? I used to get this in nodes 4 or 5 and usually one toon was a 5* or 6*.

Need to fix this! before the update I already spent a lot of time on GW everyday and now will be worst!!!! This will not be fun.

What will happen with level cap rise? We will get 5 level 80 gear 9 on 2nd round once we have our first team of character maxed up?

Interesting... I have opposite situation. I have that before fix. and I can win now. Before fix I was cant win 12 top party in row.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Edited the post title, if the words you use are coming up with "***" (especially in the header) try to use something else.

My title means essentially the same thing in the context your word was used and is a *Lot* more user friendly!

(Note I could have just got rid of the thread but your premise has value to the whole community, just try to tone it down and we all win)

Thanks!

Agree whoooaaaarghwoooarkiii uhhooorr
  • Sascha
    18 posts Member
    Devs can basically delete GW now as far as I am concerned. It's been junk for weeks. Totally unbalanced when someone with a level 60 team can breeze all the way through it using the same team every time and someone else with a level 70 team can't make it past the first four matches.
  • GizOne
    150 posts Member
    My GW is harder than usual with more full arena teams. Yay.
  • Trevor
    102 posts Member
    It is fixed now?

Too easy
    I had like level 70(max stars and gear) opponents now level 45-62 (no max stars) i didn t have to use special skills to win battles no one died
    It supposed to be hard
  • It's an endurance race guys. Not a sprint. I just laugh when I see people moan about it! I get the feeling like they think they should just be able to hit auto and win everything with their arena team in less than thirty minutes
  • I just started GW... Level 70 on node 1. ****. It was fine the way it was
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    I just started GW... Level 70 on node 1. ****. It was fine the way it was

Now, you know how 79% of all Player feels like. #TheDailyGalacticWarTearsAndTalk