Why change zFinn?

Prev1345
CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited January 2019
So Crumb, you guys are having issues coming up with a solution for zFinn solo'ing P3 of the Sith Raid? (though an argument could be made whether or not there is a problem in the first place)
after testing and reviewing its impact, we ultimately don’t feel this solution was good enough. In short, it wasn’t the clean solution we were looking for so we are continuing to investigate a change that should handle this issue as positively as possible.

Man, if only a bunch of people on this forum offered up easy solutions that would take 5 minutes to code, changing P3 Traya. What a perfect fix!
Instead, CG is going to mess with zFinn, which will inevitably break something else, then they'll backpedal, and eventually come up with the solution we were all telling them to implement from the beginning, and we continue the same cycle we've been repeating for 3 freaking years now.
Can't wait...
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
Post edited by CaptainRex on

Replies

• Options
    why not just ban Finn from sith raid?
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    I just don’t understand why they care if a team can solo 1/4th of a raid at this point. The team and mods necessary to do this are almost exclusive to anyone who has had it on farm for so many months at this point so who the hell should care?

Raids at this point once on farm status for this length of time are as much fun as banning a ton of characters for TW. Focus your attention on anything else, it’s phase 3 I think we can all just move on.
  • Options
    Docx wrote: »
    I just don’t understand why they care if a team can solo 1/4th of a raid at this point. The team and mods necessary to do this are almost exclusive to anyone who has had it on farm for so many months at this point so who the hell should care?

Raids at this point once on farm status for this length of time are as much fun as banning a ton of characters for TW. Focus your attention on anything else, it’s phase 3 I think we can all just move on.

'I just don’t understand why they care if a team can solo 1/4th of a raid at this point.'

Exactly. It's been out for nearly a year, it's never been enjoyable and you had to be an early adopter of a Legendary character to do it.
  • Options
    And majority of the players with this p3 solo team would already be in top 10 all along.

It’s not like the traya acolyte interaction, where only a handful of players would be able to do it due to the 7* traya requirement, and then they would be locking out #1 spot for ages.
  • Options
    Given the current state of thinking at CG, I'm suprised the solution hasn't been a vote each week to ban one of the zfinn/c3po line up. We can then use ANY 4 of the other four toons from that lineup.
  • Options
    Docx wrote: »

I hate to disagree, especially because I have been benefiting from this team since 3p0 came out, but this really isn't true. Other than 3p0 being a requirement, you could solo this phase with severely under geared toons. I was able to solo it with g11 3p0, g11 zFinn, g9 leia, g8 chopper, g11 K2SO. As long as they hit the exposes gear level is irrelevant. I think a fix needs to happen, but I think it should be to raid traya, not finn.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I agree about the general ideas how it should be done and shouldn't be done. Though I also happen to think anything forever looping should be kept out of raids, even the old raids which is no longer possible. This is regardless of how long it has been out or how boring it is. Phase solos should only happen by brute force if at all.

I know my approach won't be a popular one, but when mythic raid raids arrive people will hail it as revitalising the 2 old raids which are beyond trivial now.
  • Options
    I Will be happy to see a zfinn change if it stops the interaction in both sith and haat - autoplay in raids is just bad content regardless how old it is
  • Options
    Emmant wrote: »
    I Will be happy to see a zfinn change if it stops the interaction in both sith and haat - autoplay in raids is just bad content regardless how old it is

If rewards were decent I'd gladly play manually.
  • Options
    Just keep it as it is.
    We can count on mythic STR for a pounding ;)
  • Options
    This is not the only team that does well in this phase. If you change Traya, it affects every other team that goes in. I have invested lots of time and effort in my Bounty and the Beast team, and can consistently score 4M, which is double the score that my other guild members can get with Chexmix teams. This phase alone keeps me at top 10, as I don't have Revan or NS ready.... I would be very upset if they nerfed Traya...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    If they added 5% stacking tenacity everytime Treya is damaged when toppled it would make no difference to your B&B team.

It would nerf the hell out of the zfinn/c3po p3 team.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    This is not the only team that does well in this phase. If you change Traya, it affects every other team that goes in. I have invested lots of time and effort in my Bounty and the Beast team, and can consistently score 4M, which is double the score that my other guild members can get with Chexmix teams. This phase alone keeps me at top 10, as I don't have Revan or NS ready.... I would be very upset if they nerfed Traya...

Oh yeah because bounty and the beast relies on stacking debuffs I forgot....lol.
  • Options
    It is not enough to change Traya. ZFin and C3-PO can get in an infinite loop in arena as well. There was that video with a zMaul-Triumvirate-Nest team facing zFin and C3-PO and basically the resistance team was hitting Nest for almost two minutes without anyone else taking a turn until the battle timed out. It's one thing to get to a situation like this when there is a stand alone Nest vs zFinn or CLS C3 team, but all the other 4 sith were alive, they were just stealthed and couldn't take a turn.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or is it actually obvious that when you introduce something new that "breaks the game" that it's the shiny mew thing that created the problem and should be "fixed" not something that was previously working as people had come to expect?!?!

Just get round to nerfing C3PO who, whilst I'm sure most of us love him (and, to an extent, how he works) should never have been as OP...or, indeed, so much better than the only other comparable character, Hermit Yoda!
  • Options

Oh yeah because bounty and the beast relies on stacking debuffs I forgot....lol.

Hi little Miss Sarcasm!! If they change a raid toon, god knows how they might fumble it up!! They might go wild and change a few things, while they are at it! Better not change something that affects all teams in the game, and instead change one team, that affects all aspects of the game! :-D
  • Options

Hi little Miss Sarcasm!! If they change a raid toon, god knows how they might fumble it up!! They might go wild and change a few things, while they are at it! Better not change something that affects all teams in the game, and instead change one team, that affects all aspects of the game! :-D

But if they change one team who knows what they will mess up. They might just go and change everyone on the team while they are at it. Leaving poor little chewy helpless for bounty and beast. Lol but seriously they need to change traya.
  • Options

But if they change one team who knows what they will mess up. They might just go and change everyone on the team while they are at it. Leaving poor little chewy helpless for bounty and beast. Lol but seriously they need to change traya.

Look. I am anti-nerfing anyone. But I am looking at this realistically.

They will not nerf 3PO—Brand new meta toon, that people invested money in.
    They will not nerf Traya—People have been building teams to fight her for a year.
    Their only solution is to nerf Finn—Old, non meta toon, which is freely farmable.
    That is what makes sense in their eyes... it's all I'm saying....
    I would like for nobody to get nerfed. CG should be the ones to get nerfed. They should learn from this mistake and try not to repeat it.

If you release so many really strong toons in such a short period of time, things do not get tested properly, and your business will suffer for it. Don't be so greedy!! :-)
  • Options
    It is not enough to change Traya. ZFin and C3-PO can get in an infinite loop in arena as well. There was that video with a zMaul-Triumvirate-Nest team facing zFin and C3-PO and basically the resistance team was hitting Nest for almost two minutes without anyone else taking a turn until the battle timed out. It's one thing to get to a situation like this when there is a stand alone Nest vs zFinn or CLS C3 team, but all the other 4 sith were alive, they were just stealthed and couldn't take a turn.

Guess what, that could work all along with the old resistance team. Doesnt require a fix.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    You guys don't get that zfinn and c3po can create endlessloops everywhere, or do you?

Solution would be, zFinn and resistance allies can only gain turn meter from an expose already present when the enemy is attacked
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    You guys don't get that zfinn and c3po can create endlessloops everywhere, or do you?

Solution would be, zFinn and resistance allies can only gain turn meter from an expose already present when the enemy is attacked

I want the endless loop to continue to exist. They are going to have to refund finn zetas if they nerf it, since there are many players who invested in this lead thinking it would be good for the long haul.
  • Options
    They should have known this from c3pos release... He even have resistance tag for god sake!
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Changing Raid Treya is NOT the same as modifying standard Treya. Instead of screwing up ZFinn or C3PO, why not buff Raid Treya. COME ON CG!
  • Options
    KM1 wrote: »
    Changing Raid Treya is NOT the same as modifying standard Treya. Instead of screwing up ZFinn or C3PO, why not buff Raid Treya. COME ON CG!

Exactly
  • Options
    If they made the stacking potency only activate when exposed it would fix the loop without messing with any other team. 1-5% bonus tenacity (stacking) each time traya is exposed, resets when someone stands alone.

If they make it 1% this team would still be viable but would definately need a high gear team to drop decent damage before her tenacity stacks enough to resist exposes. With a high gear team it might be possible to stand alone and kill sabers again to get a 2nd run, but I'm betting it would cap out around 3-7M damage
  • Options
    Easy fix on the forums that almost everyone likes = CG doing literally anything else, and most likely the least popular of all options.
    Ooba hutar.
  • EclecticsScott
    369 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Oh, and info on the Road Ahead coming in the next couple of weeks? It’s already a week into the quarter. That means it’ll be a month and a half late, just like last time. Heaven forbid y’all look ahead and work on this thing a month before it’s expected to be out. I swear..... @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Other than the passive aggressive sarcasm laced throughout, you guys all make really relevant points. My mind is blown because I’m actually reading a thread in SWGOH forums and agreeing with pretty much all of it, from both sides. I need a nap; keep up the good work guys.