Farming for gear lvls or farming for charcter shards

Hello, im currently lvl 56 and farming phoenix squad ( except sabrine) , 1 has gear lvl 7, 3 have gear 6 and other one has gear lvl 5. Does gear lvl mean much at this lvl , should I keep farming gear to get them at all g7 or should I farm character shards. https://swgoh.gg/p/643766362/

Replies

• Xeldore wrote: »
    Hello, im currently lvl 56 and farming phoenix squad ( except sabrine) , 1 has gear lvl 7, 3 have gear 6 and other one has gear lvl 5. Does gear lvl mean much at this lvl , should I keep farming gear to get them at all g7 or should I farm character shards. https://swgoh.gg/p/643766362/
    Why not both? My typical strategy is to split my energy into farming half shards, half gear.

• I haven't farmed gear in months, I get it all from raids/TB/TW etc. There are way too many characters that I need to farm, and not enough energy to farm them all. The drop rate on gear is far too low also so I can't farm it or I get frustrated. But since you are lvl 56 you may not be getting enough gear from guild events to do this. It all depends on how much gear you can get without traditional farming, but I would generally say that farming characters which are required to unlock legendary/heroes journey toons should be the priority.
  • Hi !

My advice is to work team by team.
    If your first team is Phoenix, you have to gear min gear 8 atm. Maybe more, because Thrawn event is difficult ( i think i did this event with gear Ezra 10 and chopper 9).

When you work a team, it's important to know what team you will do after. Because you will know what you need ( what kind of energie) . With Phoenix, you will have Thrawn and Palpatine. The main road is to farm Empire character after. Maybe Tarkin / Dark vader / TIE Pilot ( i think it's good pilot with Biggs). With that at gear 9 you will have R2D2.
    Neither needs to farm hard nodes, so you can farm gear until you need to farm hard node.

Ii depends what you want after :

- farm for CLS ?
    - have a meta Team With Nihilus/Sion ( you will need to let gear farm and split your energie to farm shards in hard node).

There is no miracle solution, and we all alternate energie use i think. It depends of the situation and your goal.
    What it is important to understand is gear the good character and good team. Because you cant gear everyone G12.

And my last point is : farm a character 7* in hard node may be very long ( some month if he is in only one hard battle), so choose well what you want and stick with.

Regards;
  • Hey, as a new player I relate. Been in game about five weeks. I made a lot of mistakes the first couple days so I restarted and focused on Phoenix immediately. At that level, you need to get them some more gear. We should have Palpatine event coming sometime in the next three weeks so do your best to get them to g8 and as highly starred as possible. Five min, seven ideal, but raise Ezra and Hera evenly, as they share energy and will likely be your bottleneck and if you can get both to six it’s better than one five and other seven, for this event.

As others have noted, it’s very difficult and frustrating to get the gear at these levels. You’ll end up getting the mk4-5 laptops and mk3 carbantis from daily challenges as you increase your level soon. Try to get in a guild that consistently runs raids, preferably Sith raid, you can at least get into even if you’re not really doing much in them as you’ll still get some decent gear rewards.

As I’ve just been through all this, I feel the pain and if I can help, I’m more than willing. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    You can get gear from lots of places: raids, shops, etc. Lots of characters and ships, on the other hand, can only be gotten on node farms.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    gear ainec
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Split your energy. You will always need gear. Gear is the single biggest choke point in the game. That said there is tons of much needed toons and ships only available on hard nodes. Your best choice is to split and alternate based on current goals and needs. This goes for both regular and fleet energy.

P.S. I would farm sabine as well. But that is up to you.
  • At level 56, I would be farming Old Republic hard nodes. A Jedi team is a hard counter to all the Empire teams soon to be flooding your arena shard, and Zaalbar is a great scoundrel for credit heists. I would prioritize them and use leftover energy to farm non-challenge gear.
  • Split it. I'd say one important thing to keep in mind is not to farm characters on hard nodes that can be found elsewhere, in cantina or in squad arena store. Only farm characters on hard nodes that can't be found elsewhere. One exception is if you need him/her for a legendary event and you think it will make the difference between getting that character or not.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    gear ainec

Edit: unless you need the stars for raid eligibility

Maybe End Game isn't for you