Is this supposed to happen?

2Next

Replies

• DLS, I get what you’re saying with empire but I started the first week of December. Didn’t have enough yet to unlock thrawn. Palp hasn’t come around. My 4* tarkin lead with 5* Vader, 3* TFP, and other random empire wouldn’t exactly be effective. Knowing I wouldn’t have thrawn/palp for the next r2, I haven’t pressed the farming issue with them, yet. Even with preloaded TM anything I brought in against this team would barely scratch it. Three of my Phoenix had turns and only got palp’s protection down.

Currently working on Bastila/Jolee/OB to get a Jedi team for arena and GMY, as well as get a few toons needed for other legendary/hero journey toons.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kantouch wrote: »
    Yeah, their total gp of that team is ~56.5k and my team is ~54.5k. Gotcha. So the GP calculation is what’s broken because that team is obviously by far more than 3.6% stronger than mine. Thanks.

Nothing is broken. You just took rock to a paperfight.

There is no team that a lvl 71 could have that can beat this palp team. Trying to be smart and knowledgeable or as Raven pointed out, simply condescending, and failing to see such an obvious thing is ironic.

There is no need to diversify at lvl 71 (on the contrary staying focused on those phoenix so they can unlock thrawn 7* is the smart move i’d say).

Match-making is based on stat-power. Not level. Not gear level. Not ability level. Not faction. Stat power. By reading previous comments it seems like the two teams don't differ much in GP (and probably also stat-power). This is all intended. You're not supposed to be able to finish GW every day mid-game.

What OP experienced is supposed to happen some days. GW matchmaking is not broken.

No need to diversify? The OP already farmed his Phoenix team to 5 x 7*. If you don't think, he should farm other teams now, well....I hope he doesn't take your advice.

Which has nothing to do with « you took rock to a paperfight ». So there is that.
    Then there is your personal opinion that it’s supposed to happen and it’s not broken, but it’s another matter entirely.
    I’ll ignore the last paragraph, as it’s really obvious farming character shards is not what anyone here meant by diversifying.

I personally think that straight up unbeatable content in a game mode that’s supposed to adapt to the player’s progression is not what’s supposed to happen but a flaw in game design. Everyone has an opinion.
  • Hey OP, you can continue to rage all you want but the fact remains: sometimes you will not finish GW. We have all been there. And we all pushed through the same way -- by diversifying our rosters.

Sometimes it is better to look at GW as an advertisement that highlights the strengths of characters you don't have. Phoenix is a great squad to start with, and today GW is showing you why Phoenix isn't the only squad you will ever need. It is motivating you to go unlock Papa Palpatine for yourself so you can run amok over competing Phoenix teams.

No amount of rage is going to help you beat that team today. Best to just move on and come back tomorrow. The answer to your question is "Yes, that is supposed to happen" and it's not a matter of opinion. Sorry you don't like it ... but just think of the sense of achievement you will feel when you can smash that team into splinters (someday)!
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ignore Ghost, he prefers to be cynical and condescending most of the time.

Problem is your level. Lower levels always get matched up against near impossible end node teams. It’s going to take some time before you see more even matchups. Diversify and try and get a triangle type set up in the mean time. Meaning 3 different squads that can counter the OS metas at your level. Phoenix is nice but you should also try and have a Rex squad and ZQGJ if possible. What’s your roster like?

But the TLDR: yes it’s meant to be that way so lower levels don’t get GW on auto sim too quickly

I spent 5 months in a guild with ghost. I can attest he is a great guy that is not cynical but helpful all of the time.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gear up wiggs with a few rebels (leia) and preload them on early nodes.
    Should be able drop palp in the first turn and another or severely damage the others, then the team loses leadership and it’s an easy cleanup with your Phoenix.

A preloaded old Ben will give rebels with wiggs 3 turns before they can do anything.
  • Kantouch wrote: »
    So, third day in a row I’ve come across a ridiculously OP team in my GW. This is my team:k2le3sw62ana.jpeg

This is what I get matched up against: uu0tolaefwlw.jpeg

This is what ensues: u9ybiba19i6w.png

Is the GW matchmaking broken or is it set to make it impossible to win after a certain level?

I am looking at the health of your Phoenix team and seeing that Hera, Chopper, and Ezra and you are missing 10000 health on each of them.

You will have this fixed with 1 more week of focus
  • We've all been up against unwinnable GW nodes. It's a way to help guide you towards a diversified roster (eventually).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    OP posted the GP of the two teams, which indicated that the matching was as intended for the reasons I gave. (Match-making is based on stat power).
    Kantouch wrote: »
    Yeah, their total gp of that team is ~56.5k and my team is ~54.5k. Gotcha. So the GP calculation is what’s broken because that team is obviously by far more than 3.6% stronger than mine. Thanks.

Nothing is broken. You just took rock to a paperfight.

There is no team that a lvl 71 could have that can beat this palp team. Trying to be smart and knowledgeable or as Raven pointed out, simply condescending, and failing to see such an obvious thing is ironic.

There is no need to diversify at lvl 71 (on the contrary staying focused on those phoenix so they can unlock thrawn 7* is the smart move i’d say).

Match-making is based on stat-power. Not level. Not gear level. Not ability level. Not faction. Stat power. By reading previous comments it seems like the two teams don't differ much in GP (and probably also stat-power). This is all intended. You're not supposed to be able to finish GW every day mid-game.

What OP experienced is supposed to happen some days. GW matchmaking is not broken.

No need to diversify? The OP already farmed his Phoenix team to 5 x 7*. If you don't think, he should farm other teams now, well....I hope he doesn't take your advice.

Which has nothing to do with « you took rock to a paperfight ». So there is that.
    Then there is your personal opinion that it’s supposed to happen and it’s not broken, but it’s another matter entirely.
    I’ll ignore the last paragraph, as it’s really obvious farming character shards is not what anyone here meant by diversifying.

I personally think that straight up unbeatable content in a game mode that’s supposed to adapt to the player’s progression is not what’s supposed to happen but a flaw in game design. Everyone has an opinion.

OP posted the GP of the two teams, which indicated that the matching was as intended for the reasons I gave. (Match-making is based on stat power). So...there is that.

My personal oppinion? What gave you that impression? It's what CG have officialy announced previously. Had it been my personal oppinion, I would have worded it differently.

Whatever your personal oppinion is, it doesn't change the fact, that what OP experienced is working as intended by CG.
  • Kantouch
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Eventine, it sucks that the devs make such a slow paced game with weeks or months of farming these activities required to get just one character. I understand why. It just sucks. Any rage I displayed toward the game was misplaced.

My rage should’ve been placed on folks like you and the others suggesting that I put in toons that, if I even have them which most I don’t, would be like g4-6 with t3 abilities at most and that’ll solve my problem. No, they’ll get smoked just as fast as my Phoenix team did. I’m not about to go farm a wedge or Leia or whatever other sub-optimal toon that was good or meta two years ago when y’all were going through this. As for palp, I would have him if I could get him right now, but, I guess your critical thinking skills can’t comprehend that I have the five 7* rebels to attain him and his event happened 50 days ago, well before I started playing the game.

I started playing five weeks ago, guys. I laser focused on Phoenix because that’s what the vast majority of recommendations suggested. I have a few other random toons but I think only two or three are g6+. I recently started to work on another team to transition to, but, farming gear for the Phoenix team had put me quite a bit behind the 8ball on that front. The guides suggest shifting to empire and Palpatine should be back in the next few weeks to help with that but in the meantime I’m stuck.

Thanks for any suggestions and the time y’all took to respond, albeit some were not exactly helpful. I hope they had better intentions than it seems.
  • The total power of the squads probably isn't that different considering he's missing a ton of stars and gear level is about the same. The main issue is his squad counters yours pretty hard. If you could get someone with tenacity up, you may have a chance.
  • Take a valium dude. Lawd amighty. Ignore list just got a new member.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I like when people put someone on ignore but feel like they have to announce it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH