Same score for few players.

Anyone knows how does the algorithm decide who has 1 spot and who the other ones? Because today 5 people solo the Rancor including me, I was second to do so but in the end it put me at 5 spot and I only got 7 shards for dealing 10+ mln damage.

Replies

  • It is all randomized now. RNGesus
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

    Guild Alliance Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Liath
    4852 posts Member
    BTW, random was the fix, because the old way was based on player ID. So if your player ID put you at the bottom of the list, it would do so every single time. This way you got 5th this time but you might get 1st next time.
  • Kyno
    21890 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Fun fact, the random order you are placed in does not change if you post 0 and then solo. You will take spots ranked by score and then be placed in the same order from your random rankings. if you post 0 at the top of the list make sure to solo and take the number 1 spot.
  • TVF
    17189 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Fun fact, the random order you are placed in does not change if you post 0 and then solo. You will take spots ranked by score and then be placed in the same order from your random rankings. if you post 0 at the top of the list make sure to solo and take the number 1 spot.

    I'm not sure I understand this. Basically I can't figure out if it means I should change how/when I post my 0.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Fun fact, the random order you are placed in does not change if you post 0 and then solo. You will take spots ranked by score and then be placed in the same order from your random rankings. if you post 0 at the top of the list make sure to solo and take the number 1 spot.

    I'm not sure I understand this. Basically I can't figure out if it means I should change how/when I post my 0.

    Post the 0 as you want.
    For instance, if A, B and C post a 0 before raid and their ranks are as follows:
    1. A
    2. B
    3. C

    Even if B solo's the raid 15 minutes before A and C, the final ranks will be:
    1. A
    2. B
    3. C
    if they all do the same damage.

    The time you finish your raid does not matter.
  • TVF
    17189 posts Member
    Ah ok so it's just a preview of where you will finish among the soloists.

    Thanks.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Fun fact, the random order you are placed in does not change if you post 0 and then solo. You will take spots ranked by score and then be placed in the same order from your random rankings. if you post 0 at the top of the list make sure to solo and take the number 1 spot.

    I'm not sure I understand this. Basically I can't figure out if it means I should change how/when I post my 0.

    Post the 0 as you want.
    For instance, if A, B and C post a 0 before raid and their ranks are as follows:
    1. A
    2. B
    3. C

    Even if B solo's the raid 15 minutes before A and C, the final ranks will be:
    1. A
    2. B
    3. C
    if they all do the same damage.

    The time you finish your raid does not matter.

    No way, I didn't know that! So if you know who's going to solo the raid in your guild you can predict the order based on where you're ranked in the zero phase?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Naraic
    2238 posts Member
    Thats ****, as we have about 25 people solo in the Pitt, and it is a different number 1 every time. We start on the hour and post score at 15 after, It is entirely random so RNgesus is your friend. 1 have hit number 1 and I have hit number 25 all in the same month.

    Different number each time.

    If you care to read the posts above you will see that you all post a zero and you are ranked 1 of 50 if 50 people go on to solo the raid you will still be ranked 1.
  • Interesting that rank during 0 dmg period kind of remains as the final rank. But what if somebody, who hasn't done his 0 dmg register, just comes in and solo it during FFA period? And if he is the last one to solo it? What rank is he likely to be at?
  • Naraic
    2238 posts Member
    Interesting that rank during 0 dmg period kind of remains as the final rank. But what if somebody, who hasn't done his 0 dmg register, just comes in and solo it during FFA period? And if he is the last one to solo it? What rank is he likely to be at?

    Random
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Moderator
    I think the point being made is that if 50 people post 0 damage, the order in which everyone shows up is the definitive tie-breaking order when any of these people tie. If all 50 people solo the raid, the order from posting 0 damage will not change.

    If ten people solo, those ten people will have the same order (respectively to each other from the displayed order when everyone had 0), and let's say two members only did 9,999,999 damage. Those two members with their separate tie from the soloists will have their own pre-determined tie-breaker in the respective order they were in during 0-damage, but only to each other; during 0-damage, John had random rank 5 and Jack had random rank 25. The ten soloists hold the top ten spots, John would take rank 11, and Jack would take rank 12.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Waqui wrote: »
    They have already altered the deal. Pray, they don't alter it any further.

    Finaly. someone on this forum that makes sence.
  • Well said guys
  • GambrinusKluk
    197 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's pretty **** if you ask me. Everyone that completes a solo run should get the 1st place prize. No reason that rng should drop me in 16th place when i did just as much damage as the guy who's sitting in 1st.
  • It's pretty ****. if you ask me. Everyone that completes a solo run should get the 1st place prize. No reason that rng should drop me in 16th place when i did just as much damage as the guy who's sitting in 1st.

    ^ This. Or if they don't want to give away that much loot (which is understandable), then do what other 'tournaments' do with ties, which is to combine the rewards, then divide by the number of individuals that tied. Might sound a little crazy, but really they're just summing up the 'odds' of getting some gear (and round up on the shards, eh?).

    Should be feasible.
  • It is pretty upsetting to constantly get last place of all of the ties. When told it would be randomized, it would be nice to actually be randomized.
  • It is pretty upsetting to constantly get last place of all of the ties. When told it would be randomized, it would be nice to actually be randomized.
    It absolutely is random.

    A couple of months back, in 8 successive rancor raids, I got the following ranks:

    1,3,2,5,2,1,3,4

    I’m not kidding. My guild mates were furious.

    I don’t think I’ve had a top 5 since, and I usually always solo it as my 2 year old son likes to smash the “monster”.

  • It is pretty upsetting to constantly get last place of all of the ties. When told it would be randomized, it would be nice to actually be randomized.
    It absolutely is random.

    A couple of months back, in 8 successive rancor raids, I got the following ranks:

    1,3,2,5,2,1,3,4

    I’m not kidding. My guild mates were furious.

    I don’t think I’ve had a top 5 since, and I usually always solo it as my 2 year old son likes to smash the “monster”.

    Evidence suggests it is far less random than you claim. There are consistent patterns over the past year of the same people scoring the same general positions. The point of my post is to say their algorithm needs to be analyzed and re-adjusted to eliminate these patterns and make it truly random.
  • Liath
    4852 posts Member
    It is pretty upsetting to constantly get last place of all of the ties. When told it would be randomized, it would be nice to actually be randomized.
    It absolutely is random.

    A couple of months back, in 8 successive rancor raids, I got the following ranks:

    1,3,2,5,2,1,3,4

    I’m not kidding. My guild mates were furious.

    I don’t think I’ve had a top 5 since, and I usually always solo it as my 2 year old son likes to smash the “monster”.

    Evidence suggests it is far less random than you claim. There are consistent patterns over the past year of the same people scoring the same general positions. The point of my post is to say their algorithm needs to be analyzed and re-adjusted to eliminate these patterns and make it truly random.

    Such patterns appear in true randomness. Purposely removing them would make it less random, not more.
  • Consistent patterns, you say? I imagine you'll be able to show us these consistent patterns...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
Sign In or Register to comment.