Have you ever heard of the tragedy of Darth Traya the wise?

Prev1
Come on CG, you can't do this! You literally wiped Traya out of existence even though she is the most recent raid reward character...

I dropped from top 13 to 90 over night using Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Emo and Thrawn. All g12+ except emo with all their zetas.

I simply can't believe how easily Traya loses and how many squads already beat her. I mean if your a new player there's not even an incentive to get her, she's literally the worst of all 3 raid reward characters and that's just sad...

I just really hope she gets buffed or at least gets some support this March because she's tragically bad...

Replies

• IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    while it’s true that traya has many counters, she is a counter to several teams as well

han solo wasn’t any use until his rework
  • IC3M4N wrote: »
    while it’s true that traya has many counters, she is a counter to several teams as well

han solo wasn’t any use until his rework

gk was the only one who, out the gate, was useful and for a long time

Traya is the bullied child of all the squads in arena right now. Basically when she appears in your crosshairs she's a free win for everyone. And I would correct you, she doesn't just have many counters, she has TOO many counters
  • I he raid is almost a yesr old..... What did you expect to happen?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Didn't I just read a post a couple days ago that traya needs a nerf? This forum is something else.....though I do agree it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she got reworked at some point
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We have a few on our shard that stay top 20 and have even claimed wins on defense.... you might want to look at your mods.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    We have a few on our shard that stay top 20 and have even claimed wins on defense.... you might want to look at your mods.

Uhh sorry but I can't accept that. CLS and Revan simply can't lose to Traya. They win 100% of the time regardless of mods.

Also throwing this out there, unlike Han and GK, Traya and sith overall are awful in raids as well. So it makes sense to maintain value in pvp.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Uhh sorry but I can't accept that. CLS and Revan simply can't lose to Traya. They win 100% of the time regardless of mods.

Also throwing this out there, unlike Han and GK, Traya and sith overall are awful in raids as well. So it makes sense to maintain value in pvp.

That kinda confirms my previous statement.

Also you have revan and cls all the way out to 90 in your shard, probably not. People will remember who they had an easier time beating.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Yet Traya is able to beat both of them too. A good Cls team became harder to beat for Traya's than Revan, weird eh? I passed onto Cls feeling that it would be the more fun team to play, but not because I had to. There are many Traya's on my shard capable of top 3 still.

Also you have revan and cls all the way out to 90 in your shard, probably not. People will remember who they had an easier time beating.

First of all you aren't taking into account shard chats. The people you mentioned may be "protected" by their shard mates via rules of engagement and stuff like that. Additionally yes most people in my shard do have CLS and CLS can beat ANY Traya regardless of how good or bad their mods are. I mean if you consider my 292 speed Thrawn to be bad, but ok.

Secondly, the truth of the matter is that that every shard is in fact different and the fact that a couple people in your shard are still using Traya doesn't prove anything. If anything the fact that they require God mods just to have a shot at top 20 only adds to my point when a CLS squad basically only requires a fast R2 and a relatively fast CLS to beat ANY Traya team out there. My Han is modded for Chex, he has like 180 speed and that isn't a factor cause I beat all Trayas I encounter.
  • By the next Revan release, she will mostly disappear. Then in Sithuary Darth Malak or Darth Revan will make the Sith Resurgent.

Some consider this to be unnatural.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Yet Traya is able to beat both of them too. A good Cls team became harder to beat for Traya's than Revan, weird eh? I passed onto Cls feeling that it would be the more fun team to play, but not because I had to. There are many Traya's on my shard capable of top 3 still.

I was pointing out how she's the preferred target for all arena squads now because she's the easiest to beat by far. I wasn't referring to her capabilities on offense
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

First of all you aren't taking into account shard chats. The people you mentioned may be "protected" by their shard mates via rules of engagement and stuff like that. Additionally yes most people in my shard do have CLS and CLS can beat ANY Traya regardless of how good or bad their mods are. I mean if you consider my 292 speed Thrawn to be bad, but ok.

Secondly, the truth of the matter is that that every shard is in fact different and the fact that a couple people in your shard are still using Traya doesn't prove anything. If anything the fact that they require God mods just to have a shot at top 20 only adds to my point when a CLS squad basically only requires a fast R2 and a relatively fast CLS to beat ANY Traya team out there. My Han is modded for Chex, he has like 180 speed and that isn't a factor cause I beat all Trayas I encounter.

Shard chats dont make people able to beat someone with a good team and proper mods. I'm not aware of a shard chat that extends all the way out to the 90s. Not saying there are not people spread all over the shard, but sounds more like your making excuses for what might be a "user issue" than an actual issue with a character.

Yes the meta is shifting and treya is on her way "out" but she is still a formidable team, and if your having trouble holding, you may want to look at your setup, rather than blame the toon.

I'm on a old shard, if something holds here it is likely it can hold elsewhere. Older players generally have the ability to properly mod a team and have some of the of the harder competition to face.

Every arena team should have your best mods, if not you are not doing yourself justice. Being able to win on offense has nothing to do with holding on defense. Being properly modded, geared, turn order, and all that is all about how your team will do on defense.

• And for a long time, just having her was guaranteed arena success.

Power creep is unavoidable. She's just falling behind like everyone does sooner or later.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    And for a long time, just having her was guaranteed arena success.

Power creep is unavoidable. She's just falling behind like everyone does sooner or later.

You mean like Han and GK? Or CLS and R2? Or maybe Yoda? Yeah I didn't think so

Han = Rework, GMY = Rework, CLS and R2 came back after Chewie and C3P0 came in to the game. That is a perfect example of power creep and CG keeping their legendary/raid/journey characters relevant again.

GK being the only that still stands strong as is and the only one that doesn't (currently) show the power creep. However at his release it was an awesome kit and has remained since.

Let the meta shift back to the Siths for her be relevant again. Adding another legendary (possible Malak) will make her just as awesome as she was when she came to the game. It is the lifecycle of the game.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

All those toons fell out of arena until there were reworks (GMY) or new toons (Revan, C3PO). I'm sure Traya will rise again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Oh noes! I've been pwned! Except not, because this is just wrong.

Those characters came back into the spotlight because of a synergy with a new character; in the Rebels' case it's Chewbacca & C3P0, and for GK and Yoda it was Bastila & Revan. Before the release of the newer characters, the top of most shards was a Traya festival. And if we get a Darth Revan or Darth Malak on par with Jedi Revan, it's likely that she will find a place on lots of top teams again.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gotta disagree w/OP

Traya is pretty much the #3 team, after Revan and CLS

Traya comes with end game gear, which is plenty incentive for any player to get

imo the worst thing about Traya is that she's stuck with the triumvirate and Sith, where Rhan and GK can be applied pretty much anywhere
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Quite predictable, people are not investing actual money in sith raid farming anymore.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    Gotta disagree w/OP

Traya is pretty much the #3 team, after Revan and CLS

Traya comes with end game gear, which is plenty incentive for any player to get

imo the worst thing about Traya is that she's stuck with the triumvirate and Sith, where Rhan and GK can be applied pretty much anywhere

good points

A traya led team can do 2-3m in p2 of sith raid, which is decent, not ground breaking but still not useless
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    From what I've seen of OP's (and related account's) threads, I think they just struggle with how this game works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg
    In the absence of the op sharing his swgoh.gg I'll will share this post of his and assume he doesn't have the mods to compete.

My shard is 14 month old and I've made a big effort farming mods while being mostly f2p. I take rank 1 dailly with a traya team. I've 9 mods 20 speed or higher. From this post it seems like the op has 3.

My mods aren't the best in my shard but they are good enough that I hold relatively well and take rank 1 dailly. If his aren't competitive with mine how would they compete with his shard.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg
    In the absence of the op sharing his swgoh.gg I'll will share this post of his and assume he doesn't have the mods to compete.

My shard is 14 month old and I've made a big effort farming mods while being mostly f2p. I take rank 1 dailly with a traya team. I've 9 mods 20 speed or higher. From this post it seems like the op has 3.

My mods aren't the best in my shard but they are good enough that I hold relatively well and take rank 1 dailly. If his aren't competitive with mine how would they compete with his shard.

You completely missed my point, I can beat every team in my shard on offense. I have CLS with Chewbacca which means I can beat any Traya and other CLS. I also have the ability to beat Revans 90% of the time.

The issue I'm point out is how Traya can't hold at all on defense and that's just irrelevant when to comes to mods. You can have the fastest Traya on the planet and still lose to Revan and CLS with average mods.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Naraic wrote: »
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg

You completely missed my point, I can beat every team in my shard on offense. I have CLS with Chewbacca which means I can beat any Traya and other CLS. I also have the ability to beat Revans 90% of the time.

The issue I'm point out is how Traya can't hold at all on defense and that's just irrelevant when to comes to mods. You can have the fastest Traya on the planet and still lose to Revan and CLS with average mods.

First off, again, Traya is a great toon, but she is old news and comes from a raid that is almost a year old......

Secondly, speed is not the only consideration when modding her...... She needs to be tanky as well so her unique sticks around.....
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg

And revan on defense loses to droids, so....
    This comment has to be made to lots of people. Nothing holds on defense. Sure if they have superior mods or you just have bad RNG then they can hold on defense when you lose to them, but for the most part the part of the game everyone knows is that most of the time you lose on defense and win on offense. Not all the time, but most times.
    Besides, might I mention that Traya has been around for almost a year? I’m not sure how long you’ve been playing, but everyone who knows the game pretty well knows that metas change. Sure, she’s not the best of the best anymore, but that’s only for arena. @IC3M4N mentioned how to do a decent amount of damage with her. I’m sure they’ll rework her in the future, they always do with hard to acquire characters.
    Also, I doubt @Kyno was lying when he said Traya has held on defense against revan and CLS. Kyno has enough on his plate worrying about moderating the forums and keeping everyone in line to worry about lying to you. The goal of a moderator is to help the community, so if you can’t take what they say as truth, I’m sorry, but that’s your problem.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg

I have video evidence of my traya winning on defense against an excellent modded cls team. Maybe you should check your mods, a 292 thrawn can be pretty bad, mine is 315 and I'm on a 3 YO shard taking 1 with good old traya.

Edit: I normally don't drop out of top 30 overnight
  • I simply can't believe how easily Traya loses and how many squads already beat her. I mean if your a new player there's not even an incentive to get her, she's literally the worst of all 3 raid reward characters and that's just sad...
    Traya is still the best raid reward character by a very large margin. Just because raid Han is used in a current meta team that can beat Traya squads does not make him a better standalone character. To say that there is no incentive to get her is just false.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg

I have video evidence of my traya winning on defense against an excellent modded cls team. Maybe you should check your mods, a 292 thrawn can be pretty bad, mine is 315 and I'm on a 3 YO shard taking 1 with good old traya.

Edit: I normally don't drop out of top 30 overnight

No offense to your team or anything, but anyone running CLS shouldn't be losing on offense against Traya, they're either doing something wrong or their mods aren't quite as excellent as you're saying they are. I don't doubt your mods aren't strong, but poorly modded CLS teams (My CLS team has second tier mods as I'm running Traya as well) can easily beat Traya on offense even with great mods. December 2015 shard.
  • There is a Traya at 7 and 15 ranks on my server. Much more between 20-50. The other 90% of my top 20 are Revan at 12 and 6 CLS. 2-3 CLS in top 10.

I am not seeing what's wrong here. This CLS combo team is F2P and can hit rank 1. There are probably very old servers with a F2P #1 CLS C3PO Chewbacca R2 HS team that gets knocked out overnight but goes right back the next day.

They had to do things right to have it but.... if they did they won the F2P lottery

This team is the best thing CG did for the F2P base in a long time.