IG88 g11 be enough?

Here is my swgoh.gg squad
https://swgoh.gg/squads/134298/
I am going Cad lead cause I would rather mod for health/speed/prot than potency
88 because I already have him at G10 all omega'd. I will G11 him. Got too much going on to G12 any BH in 3 months till next event. In the next 3 months I want JTR, C3PO, CLS, and Chewie. It will be tight cause of cantina 1 refresh 100 crystal per day but I think I can squeeze it.

My big question is: Do you think my mods on 88 are enough as is or should I slice them all purple?

Yes, I know the event will be tough but I am hoping with Cad's potency lead I can count on abilities working.

I think/hope that strategy will allow me to use as little resources as possible.

If you could answer that question and give any attack order strategy I would appreciate it.

I know a lot of people are suggesting DO NOT USE 88's AOE, and I know why but target lock might help a lot if I could do it without 88 dying.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    - You should pass on arena mods to your event team to be able to pass it with as little gearing as possible.
    - This is not an event where one geared toon can carry you. Especially 88 can't do that since he's paper even in g12.
    - I don't know the difficulty of only unlock in the event, but I don't remember it being easy. You'll probably need g9s on the other BHs, especially Bossk will be integral.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Also in your priority list I think you should move Jtr to last as she's not a must in any game area currently (ofc good to have) and will take a full team to gear to be remotely usable. On the other hand all your other goals will get you to the same place.
  • I don't see why go bane leader over bossk.
    IMO you'll have a hard time and probably won't unlock chewbacca with this squad.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
    IMO you'll have a hard time and probably won't unlock chewbacca with this squad.

His 100% potency buff so when I use Bossks's stun and particularly Cad's stun they work enough for me 2 kill Chewie or R2.
  • I am going to get IG88' s ship so 1 way or another I am doing this with him.

His 100% potency buff so when I use Bossks's stun and particularly Cad's stun they work enough for me 2 kill Chewie or R2.

Point is you probably won't have survivability enough to pass the first onslaught and those who survive, will not make the opponents second turn. I don't think it is a good idea.
    You have time, farm Dengar so you don't create much expectations for nothing.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • I have Boba, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo and Cad Bane, all 7*, all G12, all Zeta'd (except CB) and I could only clear Tier 6...
    I probably could finish if I played 500 times in a row until RNG was perfect but I do not have the patience for that...
    So now I am working on Bossk and Jango. Hopefully they should help me win without having to try hundreds of times...
    I recommend Bossk (leader), Boba, Jango, Dengar and Bane.
    Good Luck !
  • I probably took 200-300 tries with the f2p BH squad before I got 7*. I had g12 zBoba and the rest were g11. What finally got it for me was targeting Lando first and getting the kill w/ Boba to get protection back. Then Chewie, Han, Leia and R2 in that order. That event is a beast but Chewbacca is pretty awesome.

Point is you probably won't have survivability enough to pass the first onslaught and those who survive, will not make the opponents second turn. I don't think it is a good idea.
    You have time, farm Dengar so you don't create much expectations for nothing.

Well, these are the toons with ships. I have to make it happen
  • I would highly recommend using Bossk lead over Cad lead as you will need that survivability. Even the extra survivability, Greedo and IG-88 are pretty weak when it comes to survivability. On top of all of that, you have to worry about R2's stealth if you don't want to farm Dengar. The RNG fest will be rough and take a lot of attempts.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191611/heres-how-i-earned-my-7-chewy-without-dengar-or-bossk-total-f2p#latest
    This is a pretty in-depth post by Trippol, who did it without Dengar (and Bossk).
  • @Lagandary I am purposefully using bane lead to decrease RNG, and am stacking health speedy mods on 88. We will see