Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Wampa_Noms wrote: »
    I will FINALLY be able to unlock my Traya in about 35 minutes. Will I? No. It will hurt my guild GP for the next TW since Traya is excluded. Oh yeah I saved up all the gear too to immediately get her as maxed as possible. This next TW sure does seem "playable and fun" now. By the way CG...my guild has decided to just participate in TW for whatever reward we get this time instead of actually engaging. None of us are looking forward to seeing all our hard work farming being flushed down the toilet. How about the community votes on how long you have to wait to get your next pay check? Oh you worked hard for those and don't want to see them inaccessible because it was beyond your control? Come on...it will be fun.

I’m open to trying the new war. But forcing players into this kind of a situation is not ideal. I’ve got over 4M GP. No Traya. No Revan. This game consistently punishes players for leveling up characters that aren’t meta, when the Devs said that they would not do that.

Programming-wise, it’s easier to ban characters than to think of new bonuses for characters that will excite the community. And it’s easier to count full GP than to omit the GP from banned characters. So even though I’ll try it and see if it’s any good, it kind of seems like it’s just mostly easy rather than good. They won’t stop it because they’re already committed. But given the feedback here and elsewhere, I doubt it will happen again.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Which is precisely what they are counting on. It is clear they neither want nor require our input. Only EA or Disney can effect any changes now. Thinking anything else is just false hope. If you have played long enough, you know this is true. Now, that said, voicing concerns in a calm, coherent, fashion is good. In fact it forces them and those watching from afar to take us seriously. Otherwise we are just "Toxic" and they have an excuse to ignore us. We know the only voice they hear loud and clear. I would confirm it but that violates their TOS. Which in an of itself speaks volumes about how they do things.

For the most part, I agree with what you say.
    I would only add, everyone has to live with themselves and face themselves in the mirror. If people are really taking advantage of another, it's their conscience they ruin. Being negative won't help someone see themselves. They'll only see the negative and then excuse their behavior. I'm not saying don't deal with issues, but why resort to Hyperbole? It really doesn't help a position, except to insite others similarly.

Because we have seen proof time after time. And nothing is done to change our opinion. Look through the developers forums, all the promises of dialogue etc. It is all one way. There is proof and no attempt at hiding it. Don't take my word for it, READ. Then question our motives. A positive outlook is fine elsewhere, here it's just foolhardy. Sorry but it's the sad truth.

Most likely Monday will bring as quick "We hear you and we're processing your input". And a week will go by with no input. Then they will announce the next TW date and say it was too late to add any changes this time. And so on. I would love to be wrong. We'll see.
  • Which is precisely what they are counting on. It is clear they neither want nor require our input. Only EA or Disney can effect any changes now. Thinking anything else is just false hope. If you have played long enough, you know this is true. Now, that said, voicing concerns in a calm, coherent, fashion is good. In fact it forces them and those watching from afar to take us seriously. Otherwise we are just "Toxic" and they have an excuse to ignore us. We know the only voice they hear loud and clear. I would confirm it but that violates their TOS. Which in an of itself speaks volumes about how they do things.

I would only add, everyone has to live with themselves and face themselves in the mirror. If people are really taking advantage of another, it's their conscience they ruin. Being negative won't help someone see themselves. They'll only see the negative and then excuse their behavior. I'm not saying don't deal with issues, but why resort to Hyperbole? It really doesn't help a position, except to insite others similarly.

Because we have seen proof time after time. And nothing is done to change our opinion. Look through the developers forums, all the promises of dialogue etc. It is all one way. There is proof and no attempt at hiding it. Don't take my word for it, READ. Then question our motives. A positive outlook is fine elsewhere, here it's just foolhardy. Sorry but it's the sad truth.

Most likely Monday will bring as quick "We hear you and we're processing your input". And a week will go by with no input. Then they will announce the next TW date and say it was too late to add any changes this time. And so on. I would love to be wrong. We'll see.

You're passionate about the game! That's wonderdul!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Look, I've said it before.

Here are the issues I see.

1) TW variant will prevent players from using toons they may have paid RL money, or spent time & energy to develop.
    2) Switching mods from banned toons to those that aren't is punishment.
    3) Disparate impact to players with smaller rosters.

Those are the 3 main issues, and guess what? They're all valid.

In addition, it's OK to expect CG to manage community expectations better. Maybe not communicating when we want, but at least setting a cadence of communication and sticking to it, thereby allowing players to manage their investment into the game better.

These are all valid. And I agree with all of them. But you don't hear me questioning devs passion for the game, or accusing them they're all about money and they're all out to screw the players.

I hope you can see the difference.

Now as for this TW, I have no idea how CG will respond. But I'm certain key personnel at CG are aware, and that's all we can ask for. I'm waiting to see how CG as a company will respond, and my hope is for a win/win outcome.
  • I
    Which is precisely what they are counting on. It is clear they neither want nor require our input. Only EA or Disney can effect any changes now. Thinking anything else is just false hope. If you have played long enough, you know this is true. Now, that said, voicing concerns in a calm, coherent, fashion is good. In fact it forces them and those watching from afar to take us seriously. Otherwise we are just "Toxic" and they have an excuse to ignore us. We know the only voice they hear loud and clear. I would confirm it but that violates their TOS. Which in an of itself speaks volumes about how they do things.

I don’t think we’ll even see that. It wasn’t mentioned in the ‘where are we’ post on Friday so I suspect they’re just ignoring it waiting for us to cool off.
    Posts over the weekend have seemed fairly low so maybe that’s happening.
  • Hantal86 wrote: »
    I

I don’t think we’ll even see that. It wasn’t mentioned in the ‘where are we’ post on Friday so I suspect they’re just ignoring it waiting for us to cool off.
    Posts over the weekend have seemed fairly low so maybe that’s happening.

...Or maybe we’re just tired of giving feedback when it seems they aren’t listening.
    As I’ve said before, they could’ve said several things that could’ve communicated that they understand our concerns about this and are listening. We haven’t gotten that. What we have gotten is a post lauding this TW that we “wanted.”
  • Vasu
    27 posts Member
    Early april fools joke.
  • Find it funny this post is 99% against it, yet they keep saying it's what we want...who wants? Them?
  • Frustration I can understand, anger though?

Yes a lot of my best teams are now messed up - but so will my opponent’s.

Yes I did what I needed to do to get my Revan, but a lot of events come by that don’t allow me to use Revan. They may even run a DS TB again...

I don’t see this as disproportionately affecting the lower GP players. Lower GP players won’t have a lot of the elite characters that have been voted against.

Mod swapping?? I don’t see myself bothering, I will pry equip some mods that are in my inventory - thereby costing me some credits in the future when I need them elsewhere- but that is my limit.

I like the idea of having to piece something together- or at least I am interested in whether my guild can get better results than our opponents.
  • The poll should have been:

“Should we ban characters from TW?

A: no, of course not
    B: no, of course not”
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Frustration I can understand, anger though?
    I don’t see this as disproportionately affecting the lower GP players. Lower GP players won’t have a lot of the elite characters that have been voted against.

Elite characters such as Nightsisters, First Order, Bounty Hunters, and Imperial Troopers? Because I consider at least Nightsisters and First Order to be somewhat beginning-level TW teams and those are pretty much crippled thanks to who's been banned....
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    Pulsipher wrote: »

Elite characters such as Nightsisters, First Order, Bounty Hunters, and Imperial Troopers? Because I consider at least Nightsisters and First Order to be somewhat beginning-level TW teams and those are pretty much crippled thanks to who's been banned....

Actually, I am a fairly new level 85 lower GP player and my best offense squad were my Bounty Hunters and my best defense...Nightsisters.

Actually, I am a fairly new level 85 lower GP player and my best offense squad were my Bounty Hunters and my best defense...Nightsisters.

Hey but at least this doesnt disproportionately affect you.
    ...Or maybe we’re just tired of giving feedback when it seems they aren’t listening.
    As I’ve said before, they could’ve said several things that could’ve communicated that they understand our concerns about this and are listening. We haven’t gotten that. What we have gotten is a post lauding this TW that we “wanted.”

I don't wish something bad to someone that often but i hope they will regret this TW at some point and listen to the people next time, this is clearly not what we wanted at all.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Feelmyforce
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2019

It severely impacts people in the middle GP ranges disproportionately.
    If your super low GP, you don’t have the teams built yet.

If you’re a wallet warrior you have all the g12 characters and can easily sub in for characters that get cut out.

If you are in the middle range you probably carefully built core teams and might have a few of the plug and play characters like wampa nest Hoda GK Yolo to help work around this but you probably went from 3-7 good teams to 1-2.
  • BamWrath wrote: »
    Find it funny this post is 99% against it, yet they keep saying it's what we want...who wants? Them?

I think the 1% are CG owned fake accounts.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    BamWrath wrote: »
    Find it funny this post is 99% against it, yet they keep saying it's what we want...who wants? Them?

I think the 1% are CG owned fake accounts.

I've seen a handful that are actual players, but they adamantly support every decision cg makes, even it was just to ban them..
  • Its one TW and at worst you will lose one zeta. Lots of people have saved up 100+ of them so the impact isnt earth shattering.
  • Comet19
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Its one TW and at worst you will lose one zeta. Lots of people have saved up 100+ of them so the impact isnt earth shattering.

If you have over 100 zetas saved up....you're probably not playing the game right and investing resources wisely. Especially if you're in a tier that only gives one zeta for a win.
  • Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be drug tested. Then again, I see the developers have their heads in the sand. They played everyone who invested time and money into Revan and Traya and Nest along with the others.

I wouldn’t invest another dollar in this game if I were to have them all banned. The company doesn’t listen to its players’ feedback and don’t care about us at all.

Fingers crossed for a meteor to fall on cg offices.
    Its one TW and at worst you will lose one zeta. Lots of people have saved up 100+ of them so the impact isnt earth shattering.

If you have over 100 zetas saved up....you're probably not playing the game right and investing resources wisely. Especially if you're in a tier that only gives one zeta for a win.

2015 player.... 49 applied and 120 Zetas saved up. 60 needed for Revan but dont have anything else pressing that needs zetas

2015 player.... 49 applied and 120 Zetas saved up. 60 needed for Revan but dont have anything else pressing that needs zetas

So then what's your point about losing one zeta? Also your assumption that lots of people are in the same boat as you is probably a stretch.
  • As soon as it was announced this TW was I the books. The disgruntled forum
    Comments weren’t going to change that. folks who were frustrated that CG didn’t change the event because they wrote a post saying it sounded like a bad idea need to be patient. This TW is happening- everyone can choose to play it how they like and these comments coupled with the post TW feedback will influence whether they ever approach a road like this one again for a TW.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    As soon as it was announced this TW was I the books. The disgruntled forum
    Comments weren’t going to change that. folks who were frustrated that CG didn’t change the event because they wrote a post saying it sounded like a bad idea need to be patient. This TW is happening- everyone can choose to play it how they like and these comments coupled with the post TW feedback will influence whether they ever approach a road like this one again for a TW.

So don't comment?is that what you are saying? so they continue doing it this way? Or is it these posts that will push the change , if they even do change it , so whats the point of your post?
    Comet19 wrote: »
    All this is based on a lack of communication.
    Adding clarity on the plans for upcomming TWs would have definately helped.

No snark intended, but it is not in EA's makeup to be forth coming. They neither want or require our input, approval, or advice. We can play or go away. Either way they will not change, not one little bit.

I know not a response to my post, but I'll give a quick response to yours. If what you say is true, there's no need for a forum I guess. But I see we do have a forum. I wonder what that could mean? Do you have any ideas why a forum is maintained?

Most companies have message forums as a user generated FAQ/Helpdesk. In this case the players answer repetitive questions, freeing up support personnel. They also serve as a knowledgebase for players to learn how to operate the game, solve issues, suggest alternate ideas, etc. They are not for having a direct line to the developers as many think. EA is notorious for not wanting them but they concede their use, and for appearance sake they are a neccessary evil. I speak with some authority having been a volunteer and a paid moderator for commercial sites, and I have worked as a designer and have customized them for commercial companies since they came into vogue in the late 90's.

What you say all sounds reasonable, until you really listen to what it is you say and the ethos you claim. I don't care to get into all that. It's not easy trying to be positive here...lol. It actually takes a lot of self restraint.

Let me respond by only asking a few more questions.

If the community is not supposed to have a 'direct line to the devs' and forums are a 'necessary evil', (1) why have a beta program and ask forum users to participate, and (2) why use random survey's in game from the community at large? Maybe I'm slow witted, but I can't reconcile your words with what I see.
    Wait, there’s a beta program and in-game surveys?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164646/dev-blog-community-improvements-3-29-18#latest

Huh. Never got one for as long as I've played. I do remember hearing about them running focus groups but not implementing the ideas recommended in those focus groups.

Organizations generally are not as nimble as forum members. There is a fair amount of red tape. This is why I say 'stay positive' in your honest feedback, and be sure to provide your feedback. I imagine Key members of the company are listening to your feedback on these forums in addition to other places. It would make their jobs much more enjoyable if we can stay positive ourselves. No one can completely insulate themselves from constant negativity. We're all kinda like sponges soaking in the experiences around us. I see you are passionate about this game, and it's great. Now I don't expect people here to be perfect, everyone is entitled even to make mistakes. Hopefully you may see things slightly more the way I do, and if you don't I'll keep on believing even if you will some day, some way...lol.

MTFBWY

Edited for clarity

• ... Deleted
  • Which is precisely what they are counting on. It is clear they neither want nor require our input. Only EA or Disney can effect any changes now. Thinking anything else is just false hope. If you have played long enough, you know this is true. Now, that said, voicing concerns in a calm, coherent, fashion is good. In fact it forces them and those watching from afar to take us seriously. Otherwise we are just "Toxic" and they have an excuse to ignore us. We know the only voice they hear loud and clear. I would confirm it but that violates their TOS. Which in an of itself speaks volumes about how they do things.

Hyperbole can be effective. And sometimes the devs need to see just how much anger their terrible decisions provoke. It took a near forum riot before they rolled back that horrid first Deathstorm nerf that ruined Nightsisters.
  • Just a thought, many of you deal with absolutes Sith-like style. "Everyone, we the community, nobody" and so on. I just wonder what makes you think you are the voice of our community. There are a lot of people who like the idea, a lot of people just don't care, but you guys voice the concern on behalf of everyone.
    And just to remind you, it's a one-time event.
    I like the idea of engaging the community in voting and discussion. It keeps the community and our forums alive.
  • I believe their next step might as well be, vote for one random set of 5 toons, CG picks another and that is what you get to use. Which would be great in a game of 20 toons or so. If CG believe we have too many toons, fine, erase half the roster and somehow compensate the players for those toons gone for good. But to force players to have less choice rather than more choice is, by default, not encouraging strategic thought and creativity, which were the 2 things making this game competitive to alternatives.
This discussion has been closed.