Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Armatores
    248 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    First of all, I want to ask moderators do not move this post to TW feedback thread. This thread is not only about TW, but also about future development of game. @CG_SBCrumb, please make sure that devs will receive my message)
    Ok, lets begins. There will be lots of text below, but I will try to be short as I can.
    After new TW rules was announced, community arise against it, and let me review reasons for this.
    First thing that players didnt accept, it declaring that those changes was made based by community positive feedback. Where is that feedback? Only at google store for android devices, game was downloaded 10 millions times. Even if 95% was stoped playing shortly, there is at least 500 000 of active players in game. Add to this number another 500 000 from ios devices, and we will get number of minimum 1 million of active players atm! To declare some opinions like voice of entire community, you must have gather voices at least of half active player base. So, where is those 500 000 positive feedback posts to make such statement true? In fact, number of positive feedback was lower that 0,01% of entire player base. As prove, in my guild number of players that supports new changes is equal to zero. And such decision have much more greater effect on entire game that it seems - in my guild, we are love TW, and those changes had negative impact on all aspects of game. Overall morale of guild lowered, number of participation in TB is dropped, few pplz quit game, few stated that they will quit if TW will not return to its normal state at next month.
    Now, lets review new TW rules, and why they are not became popular.
    TW is best mode of this game, no doubt. Not only its have highest team spirit, and greatest satisfaction from winning, there is no requrement to enters it. Really, to be sucsessfull at other game modes, you need some specific teams - raid teams, or teams that can farm ROLO/IPD shards and GET tokens, or arena meta for enters ranks that can brings you crystals, etc. But at TW, no matter what roster you have, your guild can win!
    So, what CG didnt understand, that guilds that very active and sucsessfull at TW made hard work to get such results. And when you do something that can be described like a work, you need a tools. Any guild leader, that developing winning strategy for TW, relies on tools - and those tools is his guild roster. Players who are good attackers at TW and can oneshot most teams relies on their tools - they know exactly which teams thay can beat and how. So, what CG did - they change our tools, that we was used for our work. Its really, really bad idea. Imagine that you have employed smith, that using hammer many years and know exactly his weight, and you forbid using hammers for next month! Or programmers, who have keyboards as their main work tool, will be forbidden to use letters Q, I, G, P, D, S, E! And amount of job didnt changes with new rules - do what you want, but you must write same amount of code without those letters! If someone will bring such rules at CG office, just to "refresh" their job experience, I doubt they will take them with joy.
    Ok, now lets try to understand why its happens. Is it wrong to try refresh some old game modes? Actually, no. Desire to bring some new experience is not wrong. What wrong, is the way it way implemented. Lets look at things from devs perspective. Their biggest challenge, is to keep balance between numbers of events and new content. If you will not bring new content too long, playerbase will get bored and leaves game. If you will overload game with new events, playerbase will start leave game too, cos its will take too much of their time. Lets take, for example, recent "eventfall" before NY. While all those events brings us many omegas and other stuff, there was a negative posts on forum about quantity of all those events. It was too much. For me too. Balance was ruined. So, to prevent it, when CG rolling new mode, they must simplify some modes that exists, or just take them away. They did it many times before, when makes GW and omegas battles simmable, or when they brings toons that can auto raids, or when they cancel TWs because of GA - just because new content must dont add time spent at this game, but keep it more or less the same.
    So, main question is - how they could roll out new TW properly, keeping balance and bring new content at same time? My answer is - they should make it optional, keeping old TW and offering new TW at same time. For example, before 3 days of TW, guild leader and officers can choose, what type of TW they want to enter - old good TW or TW with new rules. In this way, new content added, but number of events remains same, cos you can run only one type of TW. And it will be perfect way to evaluate popularity of new TW mode without destroying old one - if for example less than 1% will chose new TW, it will show that new mode is not viable.
    And this "parallel" approach can solve balance problem for CG for future as well, since they could be able to add any amount of new content while keeping balance. For example, we all know about new Mystic Raids. With current approach, we can expect that something will be simplified or even thrown out. With parallel approach, CG can add not one, but few Mystic Raids, while keeping old raid untouched, giving players choice to decide which type of raid they want to run. They can make few types of raids with different toons and gear rewards, one can bring more carbantis, other more stun cuffs etc, so, guilds will have not one road - they could choose, what gear/toon guild need more, and run corresponding raid. That will brings variety to guild development, making them able to switch guild events for rewards that benefit most at current guild state.
    And this approach can be applied to everything in fact - why to run LS TB after DS TB, when we can choose - what type of TB we want? Maybe we need ROLO shards more that IPD, then we will choose to run two LS TB per month. They can add Geonosian TB - and then we will have choice of three TBs with different rewards, and will decide, which exacty TB we will run. We can have choice beetwin 5x5 GA or 3x3, etc. Using this approach, we can have many ways to develop our guild instead of one.
    And, if some will say that its hard to implement or maybe impossible - but we already have such feature in game! 7 tiers of raids, that we can choose before start, its same parallel approach!
    So, here is my proposal for CG - please, run new events parallel with old ones, making rewards different for each types of events, giving ability for guilds to choose different path for development. In this way, you can add as many new content as you want, while keepeng same amount of events per month.
    I think with some support of this idea from playerbase, we can make it happens!
    PS. Conrats to everyone, who has patience to read all this)
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Drago
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It was the worst idea ever to ban characters. TW is the only game mode that high level players like. You can't do thing like that. We are a top 5 guild in tw and every one is sooo bored about this banned system. We will wait till the next GA to have some fun then.... Oh wait.. It will probably be a 3v3 one...
  • Drago wrote: »
    It was the worst idea ever to ban characters. TW is the only game mode that high level players like. You can't do thing like that. We are a top 5 guild in tw and every one is sooo bored about this banned system. We will wait till the next GA to have some fun then.... Oh wait.. It will probably be a 3v3 one...

I want to be on record as looking forward to this TW but I will also concede that it was already one of the more enjoyable game modes in its “outdated” state. I like the idea of mixing it up - it feels like it could have been rolled out differently/better :)
    At this point it smells like they should have told us they were closing down Territory Wars - replacing them with GAs and would bring back similar events in the future. This version could have been that similar event. Instead we have a large portion of the player base looking for same old same old.

I don’t mind that I don’t have some characters available for this war - I am used to having character restrictions for almost every event in this game: LS or DS tbs, omegas, pretty much every event...
    Every character is available for GA and every character is available in the arena.
    This is a novel event - maybe I will hate it? I am not about to burn my phone though.
  • Armatores wrote: »
    First of all, I want to ask moderators do not move this post to TW feedback thread. This thread is not only about TW, but also about future development of game. @CG_SBCrumb, please make sure that devs will receive my message)
    Ok, lets begins. There will be lots of text below, but I will try to be short as I can.
    After new TW rules was announced, community arise against it, and let me review reasons for this.
    First thing that players didnt accept, it declaring that those changes was made based by community positive feedback. Where is that feedback? Only at google store for android devices, game was downloaded 10 millions times. Even if 95% was stoped playing shortly, there is at least 500 000 of active players in game. Add to this number another 500 000 from ios devices, and we will get number of minimum 1 million of active players atm! To declare some opinions like voice of entire community, you must have gather voices at least of half active player base. So, where is those 500 000 positive feedback posts to make such statement true? In fact, number of positive feedback was lower that 0,01% of entire player base. As prove, in my guild number of players that supports new changes is equal to zero. And such decision have much more greater effect on entire game that it seems - in my guild, we are love TW, and those changes had negative impact on all aspects of game. Overall morale of guild lowered, number of participation in TB is dropped, few pplz quit game, few stated that they will quit if TW will not return to its normal state at next month.
    Now, lets review new TW rules, and why they are not became popular.
    TW is best mode of this game, no doubt. Not only its have highest team spirit, and greatest satisfaction from winning, there is no requrement to enters it. Really, to be sucsessfull at other game modes, you need some specific teams - raid teams, or teams that can farm ROLO/IPD shards and GET tokens, or arena meta for enters ranks that can brings you crystals, etc. But at TW, no matter what roster you have, your guild can win!
    So, what CG didnt understand, that guilds that very active and sucsessfull at TW made hard work to get such results. And when you do something that can be described like a work, you need a tools. Any guild leader, that developing winning strategy for TW, relies on tools - and those tools is his guild roster. Players who are good attackers at TW and can oneshot most teams relies on their tools - they know exactly which teams thay can beat and how. So, what CG did - they change our tools, that we was used for our work. Its really, really bad idea. Imagine that you have employed smith, that using hammer many years and know exactly his weight, and you forbid using hammers for next month! Or programmers, who have keyboards as their main work tool, will be forbidden to use letters Q, I, G, P, D, S, E! And amount of job didnt changes with new rules - do what you want, but you must write same amount of code without those letters! If someone will bring such rules at CG office, just to "refresh" their job experience, I doubt they will take them with joy.
    Ok, now lets try to understand why its happens. Is it wrong to try refresh some old game modes? Actually, no. Desire to bring some new experience is not wrong. What wrong, is the way it way implemented. Lets look at things from devs perspective. Their biggest challenge, is to keep balance between numbers of events and new content. If you will not bring new content too long, playerbase will get bored and leaves game. If you will overload game with new events, playerbase will start leave game too, cos its will take too much of their time. Lets take, for example, recent "eventfall" before NY. While all those events brings us many omegas and other stuff, there was a negative posts on forum about quantity of all those events. It was too much. For me too. Balance was ruined. So, to prevent it, when CG rolling new mode, they must simplify some modes that exists, or just take them away. They did it many times before, when makes GW and omegas battles simmable, or when they brings toons that can auto raids, or when they cancel TWs because of GA - just because new content must dont add time spent at this game, but keep it more or less the same.
    So, main question is - how they could roll out new TW properly, keeping balance and bring new content at same time? My answer is - they should make it optional, keeping old TW and offering new TW at same time. For example, before 3 days of TW, guild leader and officers can choose, what type of TW they want to enter - old good TW or TW with new rules. In this way, new content added, but number of events remains same, cos you can run only one type of TW. And it will be perfect way to evaluate popularity of new TW mode without destroying old one - if for example less than 1% will chose new TW, it will show that new mode is not viable.
    And this "parallel" approach can solve balance problem for CG for future as well, since they could be able to add any amount of new content while keeping balance. For example, we all know about new Mystic Raids. With current approach, we can expect that something will be simplified or even thrown out. With parallel approach, CG can add not one, but few Mystic Raids, while keeping old raid untouched, giving players choice to decide which type of raid they want to run. They can make few types of raids with different toons and gear rewards, one can bring more carbantis, other more stun cuffs etc, so, guilds will have not one road - they could choose, what gear/toon guild need more, and run corresponding raid. That will brings variety to guild development, making them able to switch guild events for rewards that benefit most at current guild state.
    And this approach can be applied to everything in fact - why to run LS TB after DS TB, when we can choose - what type of TB we want? Maybe we need ROLO shards more that IPD, then we will choose to run two LS TB per month. They can add Geonosian TB - and then we will have choice of three TBs with different rewards, and will decide, which exacty TB we will run. We can have choice beetwin 5x5 GA or 3x3, etc. Using this approach, we can have many ways to develop our guild instead of one.
    And, if some will say that its hard to implement or maybe impossible - but we already have such feature in game! 7 tiers of raids, that we can choose before start, its same parallel approach!
    So, here is my proposal for CG - please, run new events parallel with old ones, making rewards different for each types of events, giving ability for guilds to choose different path for development. In this way, you can add as many new content as you want, while keepeng same amount of events per month.
    I think with some support of this idea from playerbase, we can make it happens!
    PS. Conrats to everyone, who has patience to read all this)

I pray to God you didn't type that on your phone
  • Why? If you're using swipe that wouldn't take much longer than with an actual keyboard.
  • Just a thought, many of you deal with absolutes Sith-like style. "Everyone, we the community, nobody" and so on. I just wonder what makes you think you are the voice of our community. There are a lot of people who like the idea, a lot of people just don't care, but you guys voice the concern on behalf of everyone.
    And just to remind you, it's a one-time event.
    I like the idea of engaging the community in voting and discussion. It keeps the community and our forums alive.

I mean....the devs started it by saying that we the community wanted these TW changes.
  • With all the feedback that leans toward the negative side, I thought they'd try to compensate us with a Credit Heist today.

Oh well.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Literally all working teams are mutilated by this. This is not the way to force us to gear useless characters. Rework them, don't do such aggressive things.
  • What concerns me most about this debacle is their thinking that GA's release would make TW less competitive. That's asinine. Its like saying the Masters is more competitive than the Ryder Cup. It makes me fearful of what else is to come.
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • With all the feedback that leans toward the negative side,

Understatement of the year
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • With all the feedback that leans toward the negative side, I thought they'd try to compensate us with a Credit Heist today.

Oh well.

They have gone past the average time between credit heists...I thought (and was very much hoping) that it would be today..'sigh'.
  • Donno if this violates the TOS, as everything else seems to. So here we go.

I don’t like this change. I’m not happy. The end.

Now we wait for the ban hammer.

Oh well.

They have gone past the average time between credit heists...I thought (and was very much hoping) that it would be today..'sigh'.

thats what we get when we have developers that are too afraid to even respond to so called community results and just dissapear for days on end.

over the 3 years of playing i have lost all respect i had for these developers because they are greedy, lazy, and they dont even treat you like a customer. if it wasnt star wars this place would be a ghost town thats the only thing they have hanging for them at this point is that they are leeching off star wars
  • With all the feedback that leans toward the negative side,

Understatement of the year
    Hey, since facts, direct statements, and anecdotal evidence wasn't working...I figure I should try some sarcasm.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • At this point it’s either fear, laziness, apathy, or contractual obligation .

Wait, do you think they’re in trouble?
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    So where is TW? It was set to start today wasn't it?
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Roahn wrote: »

I came here to ask the same thing

*They posted that it would be starting on the 13th...

• Just started
  • Roahn wrote: »

Thought for a moment it wasn’t coming
  • NOW I understand why they did the ban. They must have had a company contest on who could come up with the best idea to get more people into the forums.
    They don't list the banned toons, they just tell us to check it out in here.
    PS The winner of the company contest received a bonus for the 60 page rant.
  • I like how they said punish certain squads. Why didn't they carry it farther and say they were punishing their player base. Punishing characters and squads are a way to make it fun? Okie dukie. Gotcha.
    Never tell me the odds...
  • I still cannot believe a CG Dev has not come here to comment. Unfathomable that a company that does this kind of profit is acting this way.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    2a58ct3xgt4e.jpeg

Did they list every "active" toon?
    Lol
This discussion has been closed.