Months of progress down the drain again!

Prev1345
I remember finishing up my tie reaper only to see it nerfed out of existence shortly after. I remember finishing my Enfys as a counter to Revan only to see her nerfed while being called a "fix". I watch all these people in my guild finishing up their Trayas only to see her power flushed down the drain by Revan and CLS. Now I am getting close to 7 star Hounds tooth only to see the new falcon erase it.

At this point there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the inevitable. The game is moving at a pace much faster than mine and I can't keep up. I understand that money is clearly more important to the devs than the health of the game but this has to stop.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END, I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement. But the end keeps coming way too soon and coincidentally it seems to come right as the f2p are starting to catch up and things are becoming available to them. We have the Marquee cadence, we all agree that it's in the game's best interest to make things premium for a few months and then make them freely available, but then you nerf them shortly after they become available and right after everyone is done farming them...

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I remember finishing up my tie reaper only to see it nerfed out of existence shortly after.

Reaper is my first RI 90% of the time and I finish first or second daily.
    I remember finishing my Enfys as a counter to Revan only to see her nerfed while being called a "fix".

Fair.
    I watch all these people in my guild finishing up their Trayas only to see her power flushed down the drain by Revan and CLS. Now I am getting close to 7 star Hounds tooth only to see the new falcon erase it.

At this point there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the inevitable. The game is moving at a pace much faster than mine and I can't keep up. I understand that money is clearly more important to the devs than the health of the game but this has to stop.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END, I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement. But the end keeps coming way too soon and coincidentally it seems to come right as the f2p are starting to catch up and things are becoming available to them. We have the Marquee cadence, we all agree that it's in the game's best interest to make things premium for a few months and then make them freely available, but then you nerf them shortly after they become available and right after everyone is done farming them...

Yes all good things must come to an end and the Falcon is very f2p friendly. You probably need to look for a new game if everything upsets you like this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    bxpp7a5l5m17.jpg

IT'S AS IF SOMETHING ALWAYS LOSES TO SOMETHING ELSE - like Rock, Paper, Scissors?
  • I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
    No he wouldn't

The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes. What's the point of bragging if you are F2P if you get everything Day 1 anyways
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
    No he wouldn't

The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes. What's the point of bragging if you are F2P if you get everything Day 1 anyways

Wat
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I think it will be a solid team, both offensive and defensive. Depending on who your running with.
  • [/quote]

Yes all good things must come to an end and the Falcon is very f2p friendly. You probably need to look for a new game if everything upsets you like this.[/quote]

You love to stick this to everyone's complaint posts. I am guessing that you've never heard of the concept of tough love? Or perhaps the concept of improvement.

Although most of my posts are posts where I'm complaining about something, the truth is that I like this game and I'm just interested in fine tuning it and making it more f2p friendly.

BTW if you could find me an identical game with star wars centered characters that handles the economics a bit different, I'd give it a try, just saying.
  • I don't think falcoln will mak ht useless. Yes, it has some counters. Like dispeling on it's basic but that is already available. Fives dispels on his basic if you have tl.

I already run that as part of my counter to enemy ht even though I use ht. With falcoln you have to run ackbar as a capital ship to use that. So if you currently run thrawn or tarkin, which most do at the top, you give up a lot to use that counter.

I think falcoln will make a full rebel fleet competitive but not op. I think the ht teams will still hold ok and falcoln will likely also work in other comps other than rebel.

For example, I'm going to try it in a tarkin fleet hybid ds and rebels for tl synergy. I think it'll work. But there really isn't a way to tell before you try it.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You love to stick this to everyone's complaint posts. I am guessing that you've never heard of the concept of tough love? Or perhaps the concept of improvement.

Although most of my posts are posts where I'm complaining about something, the truth is that I like this game and I'm just interested in fine tuning it and making it more f2p friendly.

BTW if you could find me an identical game with star wars centered characters that handles the economics a bit different, I'd give it a try, just saying.

Well let's just say I think the majority of your complaints are off-target by a wide margin and leave it at that.
  • Antares wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.

Well I guess I could have farmed blood and IG this whole time instead of Jango and Embo who both happen to be two of my favorite all time SW characters. Then I would probably be able to get falcon at 5 or 6 stars on the first time. So essentially I'd be choosing between Jango/Embo or falcon. It's almost brutal to constantly put people in this position.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    But there really isn't a way to tell before you try it.

Nah it's best to immediately complain about everything as soon as it's announced.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Antares wrote: »

Right. My bad I meant that IF you don't unlock on the first round...
    I can definitely feel the fatigue of catching up. We had a legendary Chewbacca, then Jedi Knight Revan, followed up by C3PO, then Millenium Falcon and Feb might include another legendary / journey toon. Its just one panic after another and trying to keep up is very demanding. I know they are trying to deplete our reserves with C3PO and Falcon for February (speculating here) but I think they need to spread out legendary toons over the months rather than back-to-back and let players relax into the game again
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Well I guess I could have farmed blood and IG this whole time instead of Jango and Embo who both happen to be two of my favorite all time SW characters. Then I would probably be able to get falcon at 5 or 6 stars on the first time. So essentially I'd be choosing between Jango/Embo or falcon. It's almost brutal to constantly put people in this position.

That's what this game does. You can choose to try and keep up with the latest and greatest, or farm just for what you're interested in. Or pay and do both. Your choice.

Plenty of people farm the second way and don't worry so much about "winning" all the time. Perhaps you'd be happier that way too.

Right. My bad I meant that IF you don't unlock on the first round...
    I can definitely feel the fatigue of catching up. We had a legendary Chewbacca, then Jedi Knight Revan, followed up by C3PO, then Millenium Falcon and Feb might include another legendary / journey toon. Its just one panic after another and trying to keep up is very demanding. I know they are trying to deplete our reserves with C3PO and Falcon for February (speculating here) but I think they need to spread out legendary toons over the months rather than back-to-back and let players relax into the game again

That's why I'm still stockpiling for the next big one. I can get falcoln five star and will keep farming to get it 7 the 2nd time but not going to waste crystals to try and 7 star.

Besides with han and chewie at g12, 5 star should be sufficient to remain competitive.
    No he wouldn't

Go talk to all the Free to Play who unlocked Revan & will get the OT Falcon on the first go around. Then get back me me.
  • TVF wrote: »
    But there really isn't a way to tell before you try it.

Nah it's best to immediately complain about everything as soon as it's announced.

For some perhaps. Even if rebels become meta, I have a maxed home one and putting a bit more gear on wedge and biggs won't be that much of a waste. They are a decent rebel b team. So I can probably throw together a competitive team.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    No he wouldn't

Go talk to all the Free to Play who unlocked Revan & will get the OT Falcon on the first go around. Then get back me me.

Should have kept reading first...
    No he wouldn't

.. To prove that youre smarter than others?

I agree with op. Its not that I want to be rank1 for years, but I could enjoy my traya for 1 month, 7star ht for 2 months.. Both taking like 6 months to build. We want to play with our toys when we finally get them!
  • Cassius97
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    No he wouldn't

Yeah. I believe that the group of free to play that is getting Revan and C3PO and OT Falcon the first time around are just the F2P that have been playing for 2.5-3 years.

I'm not free to play, and I started farming the OR toons to get Revans as soon as they came available, and I still needed to spend to get them to 7 stars. Unless you are a f2p sitting on a hoard of 20-30k crystals, getting Revan was completely unrealistic. Sitting on a hoard of 20-30k crystals is also unrealistic for a f2p that hasn't been playing forever.

There's no way a f2P that started more recently could catch up on all the content enough to be unlocking that stuff on the first go around, unless they for example, just love Ewoks and got lucky.
  • TVF wrote: »

That's what this game does. You can choose to try and keep up with the latest and greatest, or farm just for what you're interested in. Or pay and do both. Your choice.

Plenty of people farm the second way and don't worry so much about "winning" all the time. Perhaps you'd be happier that way too.

I feel like you might be an employee for CG....
  • Why can't I always be the best, why must the meta get switched up every now and then?!

On a serious note, if there is one toon/ship that can beat absolutely everything, that is bad for the game. You need a counter to that, and I'm sure there will be a strategy to counter the falcon also.
  • Yeah, the meta has changed numerous times in this game. Nobody should expect to put together any character or ship squad and be able to just sit still with their account for a lengthy period of time. Chasing the meta is an expensive proposition....and if you're 3 months behind on the meta, then you're already too late.
  • Mucro wrote: »
    Why can't I always be the best, why must the meta get switched up every now and then?!

On a serious note, if there is one toon/ship that can beat absolutely everything, that is bad for the game. You need a counter to that, and I'm sure there will be a strategy to counter the falcon also.

I don't see anything ridiculously op in the kit. I'm reasonably sure the current people at the top with bh fleets will have no trouble winning on offense. Some will have rebels and choose to switch but so.e won't. I think either way will be able to win.
  • Patrick_LJenkins
    162 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Pretty weak argument right here: "Now I am getting close to 7 star Hounds tooth only to see the new falcon erase it."...umm, you will still need a 7 Star Hounds Tooth to unlock the OT Falcon at 7* (most likely)...so, not really a waste in that sense.
  • Mucro wrote: »
    Why can't I always be the best, why must the meta get switched up every now and then?!

I don't see anything ridiculously op in the kit. I'm reasonably sure the current people at the top with bh fleets will have no trouble winning on offense. Some will have rebels and choose to switch but so.e won't. I think either way will be able to win.

With constant dispels on its basic, it will be pretty strong against HT. Not brokenly strong, but still a somewhat effective counter if you combine it with buff immunities etc. Still though, my point stands.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    No he wouldn't

Yeah. I believe that the group of free to play that is getting Revan and C3PO and OT Falcon the first time around are just the F2P that have been playing for 2.5-3 years.

There's no way a f2P that started more recently could catch up on all the content enough to be unlocking that stuff on the first go around, unless they for example, just love Ewoks and got lucky.

I have a F2P guy in my guild that hoarded crystals from getting 1st in fleet. (They’ll hoard 30,000... 2.5 months worth of 1st place fleet crystals). Then he gets Revan... he starts taking 1st in Squad arena. That’s another 400-500 crystals a day...

Not sure how long he’s been playing But that’s how you win as Free to play. That makes up to 900 x 30 = 27,000 crystals per month... which honestly effectually that’s more crystals than most p2p buy.

That said my shard is 11 months old. I get 1st in Fleet every day. (12,000 crystals/month). I never hoard crystals haha so I settle for top 500 in arena (and because I don’t really enjoy squad arena). Getting Revan/C3PO would have been incredibly challenging... unlocking OT Falcon... child’s play. All you had to do is spend the energy on those nodes each day since release to unlock it at 5*.
  • Yeah, the meta has changed numerous times in this game. Nobody should expect to put together any character or ship squad and be able to just sit still with their account for a lengthy period of time. Chasing the meta is an expensive proposition....and if you're 3 months behind on the meta, then you're already too late.

Three months behind and you can still be competitive. I still run traya in arena and can take top 5 regularly. But eventually you have to adjust.

In my experience the last 3 or 4 meta teams do ok. But then they fade away. So if you are still trying to run jtr or ep without traya you'll fall hard and have trouble climbing.

In ships running geos or empire with no ht is going to get tough. But either one with ht or other bh ships will likely still be competitive.
  • This game rewards those that get new units quickly. If you manage to get one early (like Chewbacca or Revan), you've got a few months of relative calm in your arena. Inevitably a new unit is released, or the event to unlock the unit comes back, and you lose your exclusive advantage. This cycle is the ebb and flow of arena, and it fuels the game. Give players a taste of arena success, then dash it, and they'll spend in the future.

My suggestion is that you enjoy the periods of relative calm, and retool during the periods of instability when new units flood the server. Don't worry too much about a few weeks dropping rank, especially if you're FTP. Just focus on getting a good counter squad or fleet together.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m