Months of progress down the drain again!

Replies

• *Looks at Thread Title*

*Guesses who OP will be.*

*Opens thread to confirm.*

*Considers patting self on back because of my own brilliance.*

*Realizes any fool could have guessed who OP would be.*

*Pats self on back anyway, 'cause I'm shallow.*
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    *Looks at Thread Title*

*Guesses who OP will be.*

*Opens thread to confirm.*

*Considers patting self on back because of my own brilliance.*

*Realizes any fool could have guessed who OP would be.*

*Pats self on back anyway, 'cause I'm shallow.*

I hate you for making the post I wanted to make but failed to verbalize.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Every time the meta shifts, I have some downtime, I find a new counter, I get back up. When everyone was running EP lead I went to JTR and cleaned up. When Traya came to town I was down for a while, then found the Magma counter, then went back to JTR with super high CC. Revan knocked me down, C3PO got me back up.

It's all about making adjustments. And that ignores fleet, which I've been top 2 in consistently since before fleet 2.0. And that ignores the fact that I've built a 22k crystal stash (maybe 6k of which was purchased). So I could have easily still done everything I've done without spending a dime and without hitting first in arena, it just means I wouldn't have built the stash up.

Maybe I'm not the average (mostly) f2p, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

There is no such thing as mostly f2p. You either are or you aren't.

I suppose its theoretically possible that a f2p could be unlocking all the metas if they don't have 3 years under their belts.
    Just highly, highly unlikely.

I get ya. I’m 100% F2P and kind of cringe when light spenders call themselves F2P.

That said is it a big deal if someone who spends $10 here and there calls themselves a F2P? Not really. It’s fine by me.

And I, as a light spending minnow, kind of cringe at all the "ftp" posts that complain about not being able to get the new and shiny first time around .......

I will let you in on a secret...... There is no pride in being FTP...... There is also no pridee in being a whale...... There are just players that play a game and do what they want.....

Just be happy with your accomplishments in the game..... Enjoy it, enjoy your interactions with your guild etc......

Speak for yourself. I take pride in what I do. And I take pride in how I do it.
    Every time the meta shifts, I have some downtime, I find a new counter, I get back up. When everyone was running EP lead I went to JTR and cleaned up. When Traya came to town I was down for a while, then found the Magma counter, then went back to JTR with super high CC. Revan knocked me down, C3PO got me back up.

It's all about making adjustments. And that ignores fleet, which I've been top 2 in consistently since before fleet 2.0. And that ignores the fact that I've built a 22k crystal stash (maybe 6k of which was purchased). So I could have easily still done everything I've done without spending a dime and without hitting first in arena, it just means I wouldn't have built the stash up.

I suppose its theoretically possible that a f2p could be unlocking all the metas if they don't have 3 years under their belts.

I get ya. I’m 100% F2P and kind of cringe when light spenders call themselves F2P.

That said is it a big deal if someone who spends $10 here and there calls themselves a F2P? Not really. It’s fine by me.

And I, as a light spending minnow, kind of cringe at all the "ftp" posts that complain about not being able to get the new and shiny first time around .......

I will let you in on a secret...... There is no pride in being FTP...... There is also no pridee in being a whale...... There are just players that play a game and do what they want.....

Just be happy with your accomplishments in the game..... Enjoy it, enjoy your interactions with your guild etc......

And I have no issue with that......

If you take pride and play the game on your terms, and are enjoying yourself then my hat is off to you...... I feel the same way......

All I am saying is that players shouldn't expect the developers to change the way the game is played to suit their own particular playing style.....

Imop, the endless p2p vs ftp arguments on this site are ridiculous....
    BubbaFett wrote: »

If you take pride and play the game on your terms, and are enjoying yourself then my hat is off to you...... I feel the same way......

All I am saying is that players shouldn't expect the developers to change the way the game is played to suit their own particular playing style.....

Completely agree with you there. I think CG is a great company. I live in a small town & it has that same feel with inside jokes and a personable development team (even though it’s part of EA).

When you compare this game with Marve Strike force and my hat goes off to CG. I think they keep the game healthy and flowing in the right direction especially with F2P.

Completely agree with you there. I think CG is a great company. I live in a small town & it has that same feel with inside jokes and a personable development team (even though it’s part of EA).

When you compare this game with Marve Strike force and my hat goes off to CG. I think they keep the game healthy and flowing in the right direction especially with F2P.

I think they do a decent job..... I am not in favor of everything they do (like TW toon elimination), but that's because I feel what they did hurts their entire player base.... So, when I see something like that, I voice my opinion and hope they take notice.....

Nobody and no company is perfect..... I choose to enjoy the game as it is, and give my opinion where I feel it is warranted.....

I think they do a decent job..... I am not in favor of everything they do (like TW toon elimination), but that's because I feel what they did hurts their entire player base.... So, when I see something like that, I voice my opinion and hope they take notice.....

Nobody and no company is perfect..... I choose to enjoy the game as it is, and give my opinion where I feel it is warranted.....

I’m one of the few fans of the concept of banning some TW toons. If CG never did anything controversial there’d be no 6• mods, no new game modes, easy legendaries, easy raids, etc. game would have no point really.
  • If you have spent $1 you are a whale

I’m one of the few fans of the concept of banning some TW toons. If CG never did anything controversial there’d be no 6• mods, no new game modes, easy legendaries, easy raids, etc. game would have no point really.

Not something I want this thread to turn into, but I will leave it by saying they could have done tw random bonuses and some 3v3 stuff (which I really enjoyed) instead of completely negating toons altogether..... that would have been fresh and new...

It only serves to anger the p2p that paid good money for eliminated toons and makes them feel f2p are conspiring against them in ",the vote"..... And also takes toons the f2p worked hard to earn and send them spiraling down the toilet.....

There are also toons in this game that are literally needed to make factions work...... Some have been eliminated, which also make whole factions useless imop..... Even though the remaining toons can be used......

Couple that with the fact that your entire gp will be used for match ups and it's a recipe for disaster Imop
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.
    Right. My bad I meant that IF you don't unlock on the first round...
    At this point there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the inevitable. The game is moving at a pace much faster than mine and I can't keep up. I understand that money is clearly more important to the devs than the health of the game but this has to stop.
    I can definitely feel the fatigue of catching up. We had a legendary Chewbacca, then Jedi Knight Revan, followed up by C3PO, then Millenium Falcon and Feb might include another legendary / journey toon. Its just one panic after another and trying to keep up is very demanding. I know they are trying to deplete our reserves with C3PO and Falcon for February (speculating here) but I think they need to spread out legendary toons over the months rather than back-to-back and let players relax into the game again

That's why I'm still stockpiling for the next big one. I can get falcoln five star and will keep farming to get it 7 the 2nd time but not going to waste crystals to try and 7 star.

Besides with han and chewie at g12, 5 star should be sufficient to remain competitive.
    Antares wrote: »
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.
    Right. My bad I meant that IF you don't unlock on the first round...
    At this point there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the inevitable. The game is moving at a pace much faster than mine and I can't keep up. I understand that money is clearly more important to the devs than the health of the game but this has to stop.
    I can definitely feel the fatigue of catching up. We had a legendary Chewbacca, then Jedi Knight Revan, followed up by C3PO, then Millenium Falcon and Feb might include another legendary / journey toon. Its just one panic after another and trying to keep up is very demanding. I know they are trying to deplete our reserves with C3PO and Falcon for February (speculating here) but I think they need to spread out legendary toons over the months rather than back-to-back and let players relax into the game again

That's why I'm still stockpiling for the next big one. I can get falcoln five star and will keep farming to get it 7 the 2nd time but not going to waste crystals to try and 7 star.

I was looking for some validation on this myself. I will get 5 Star. Have 23k saved up. Was thinking of burning through but really wanna save as missed out on Revan first go around. Only affected my arena for a week or two while I figured out how to beat Revan consistently but fell far in HSR with the phase 2 damage.

• Yes all good things must come to an end and the Falcon is very f2p friendly. You probably need to look for a new game if everything upsets you like this.[/quote]

You love to stick this to everyone's complaint posts. I am guessing that you've never heard of the concept of tough love? Or perhaps the concept of improvement.

Although most of my posts are posts where I'm complaining about something, the truth is that I like this game and I'm just interested in fine tuning it and making it more f2p friendly.

BTW if you could find me an identical game with star wars centered characters that handles the economics a bit different, I'd give it a try, just saying.
    [/quote]

But this is srsly f2p friendly.
    1) u can unlock as an f2p
    2) pilots are f2p
    3) it isnt OP to the point where u get erased if u dont have it
  • It's time for CG to end and to an extend EA.. seriously you are ruining the game by every choice you make.
  • Cassius97 wrote: »
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
    No he wouldn't

The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes. What's the point of bragging if you are F2P if you get everything Day 1 anyways

Go talk to all the Free to Play who unlocked Revan & will get the OT Falcon on the first go around. Then get back me me.

Yeah. I believe that the group of free to play that is getting Revan and C3PO and OT Falcon the first time around are just the F2P that have been playing for 2.5-3 years.

I'm not free to play, and I started farming the OR toons to get Revans as soon as they came available, and I still needed to spend to get them to 7 stars. Unless you are a f2p sitting on a hoard of 20-30k crystals, getting Revan was completely unrealistic. Sitting on a hoard of 20-30k crystals is also unrealistic for a f2p that hasn't been playing forever.

There's no way a f2P that started more recently could catch up on all the content enough to be unlocking that stuff on the first go around, unless they for example, just love Ewoks and got lucky.

This game is a collection game, clearly if u started more recently and want to be largely f2p, u are going to have alot more trouble unlocking everything. But the thing is, you don’t have to unlock everything on first pass.
  • I quit playing for 2 years. I am 2 years behind on my server. I can only hit 350 squad arena with my old team and 715 fleet with my fleet arena team.

Whaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Whaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    So much whaaaaaaaahhhhh :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

If can live with coming back from my fall-back which is way harder than yours, you can deal with it.

Toughen up. The world doesn't love you. Quite the opposite. Live life knowing that and you won't expect what you are expecting from CG
  • I think part of the OPs angst is around nerfing of toons. It is difficult to know which toons will get nerfed and very frustrating when you gear a toon just to see them wasted.

Obviously cg is rather incompetent when it comes launching balanced toons, but it would be nice if they could communicate their mess ups earlier. ‘Yeah guys, sorry messsed up with this op toon. Nerf will happen in the next 30 days’. With that kind of warning, there would be a little less frustration.
  • I quit playing for 2 years. I am 2 years behind on my server. I can only hit 350 squad arena with my old team and 715 fleet with my fleet arena team.

Whaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Whaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    So much whaaaaaaaahhhhh :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

If can live with coming back from my fall-back which is way harder than yours, you can deal with it.

Toughen up. The world doesn't love you. Quite the opposite. Live life knowing that and you won't expect what you are expecting from CG

Take your own advice..... Your personal predicament has nothing to do with the op, you aren't adding any value.....
  • Mucro
    103 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.

Not buying this, because I have been farming them since the day they were released and mine literally just hit 5* this weekend. RNG wouldn't account for 85 shards, so I'm assuming you used crystals to refresh the node.

Edit: unless you are suggesting they are 5 star now and will be 6 by then, that's probable, but no way they are 6* now.

You don't need to buy crystals to afford refreshing. I'm f2p, and I top 20 in both arenas, I have plenty of daily income. I am only missing a few days of refresh for my XB, and I will get 6* falcon. As f2p. F2p simply means you don't use real money in the game, not that you don't use crystals.

I managed to get a 7* chewie on the first go as f2p also, since I blindly went BH from day 1 instead of phoenix. My guild called me a noob, but I pulled the longest straw. However, I did not unlock revan or c3po.
  • CG has come Leaps and Bounds compared to a couple years ago pertaining to f2p

Not something I want this thread to turn into, but I will leave it by saying they could have done tw random bonuses and some 3v3 stuff (which I really enjoyed) instead of completely negating toons altogether..... that would have been fresh and new...

It only serves to anger the p2p that paid good money for eliminated toons and makes them feel f2p are conspiring against them in ",the vote"..... And also takes toons the f2p worked hard to earn and send them spiraling down the toilet.....

There are also toons in this game that are literally needed to make factions work...... Some have been eliminated, which also make whole factions useless imop..... Even though the remaining toons can be used......

Couple that with the fact that your entire gp will be used for match ups and it's a recipe for disaster Imop

Any P2P that are upset at F2P over the next TW are having seriously misguided perspectives.

I would agree though that with all the issues there seem to be taking away 20 characters from us, many of which are critical for other teams, is a big mistake and shouldn't be done. Though, my guild and I have already built team lists for that TW when it happens, or if it happens. I have about 20 viable teams, but it just depends on how things work out. It is really going to suck if we have to fill the same amount of defensive teams as a regular TW though.
  • I agree with the OP, but for a completely different reason. I actually dont mind the character release cadence, or the nerfs, or the legendary schedules. I'm okay with a new toon completely negating another, as it adds at least a small amount of strategy to an otherwise speed mod driven game.

My main issue is the survivability of this game of the gear issue is not addressed. When this game first launched, there were approximately 40 characters. With the gear system, that meant an end game where you could max all your toons as f2p in about 2 years.

As time has progressed, we are now over 150 toons, but the gear system has not changed, in fact it is fair to say it has worsened as higher gear levels were introduced. Without doing the math, a f2p player can expect to max all toons .. pretty much never.

For a game that pitches itself by saying "play as your favorite star wars characters" how can one that is f2p or even a modest investor ever be expected to remotely compete and get the enjoyment of having their favorite when it takes every spare gear just to keep yourself in a position to stand a chance?
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    If you have spent $1 you are a whale

I'm a 60x whale! Look at me!
  • If there’s a breached enemy ht doesn’t lose taunt so...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ObiShenobi wrote: »
    I agree with the OP, but for a completely different reason. I actually dont mind the character release cadence, or the nerfs, or the legendary schedules. I'm okay with a new toon completely negating another, as it adds at least a small amount of strategy to an otherwise speed mod driven game.

My main issue is the survivability of this game of the gear issue is not addressed. When this game first launched, there were approximately 40 characters. With the gear system, that meant an end game where you could max all your toons as f2p in about 2 years.

As time has progressed, we are now over 150 toons, but the gear system has not changed, in fact it is fair to say it has worsened as higher gear levels were introduced. Without doing the math, a f2p player can expect to max all toons .. pretty much never.

For a game that pitches itself by saying "play as your favorite star wars characters" how can one that is f2p or even a modest investor ever be expected to remotely compete and get the enjoyment of having their favorite when it takes every spare gear just to keep yourself in a position to stand a chance?

I'm not sure how you can say it has not changed. We have a tonne more locations and events to get gear. in the very short term of gear progression we have had changes to the challenges to bring in more base gear. we have raids and many small events to bring in more gear. The locking of select stores to give many late game players an almost unlimited amount of shard shop currency to buy more gear.

all of this was added on top of the original system, so yes thing have changed. Yes the game is paced to add value to spending to speed up the grind, but they have made progress to match.
  • ObiShenobi wrote: »
    I'm fine with never having a G12 Ugnaut.

You don't need everyone maxed to play the bloody game.
    Still not a he.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    ObiShenobi wrote: »
    I'm fine with never having a G12 Ugnaut.

You don't need everyone maxed to play the bloody game.

I dunno, a g12 CUP or ME just screams "megawhale" to me. A g12 Ugnaught means someone wants a challenge in Assault Battles: Ground War.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lets clear this up getting falcon first or 2nd time at least at 5* and most ppl having han and chewy geared is F2P friendly. I have no issue with that statement...

Gearing ghost, phantom, bistan, and cassians ship is NO one friendly. P2W or F2P thats just a massive gear dump for a game mode that has next to zero content...

Lets take it as a positive that this and more ships will lead to a raid or Assault battles or maybe something new and fun...

People who care about ships may have small adjustment period but should probably not even have this affect them much, and the people who dont care about ships dont care....

If you hate total whine posts just wait till the day we get a ship raid or something with good rewards and all the boo hoo hate ships people go on life tilt.... CG WILL make some catchup money that day :)

I dont have a problem with the kit. It does look like it hits a little harder than it should with all the mass assists which could be overkill.... but im not gonna stress about it because other than arena and 10 seconds of tb or tw/GA there is nothing important i need it for to stress about :)
  • It's basically why game modes that incorporate multiple teams need to be the center of the game. That way people who build out their rosters in a cohesive manner benefit from farming multiple characters that counter specific matchups. Otherwise yes, the p2p whales who can shell out hundreds for digital pixels will always dominate.
  • With constant dispels on its basic, it will be pretty strong against HT. Not brokenly strong, but still a somewhat effective counter if you combine it with buff immunities etc. Still though, my point stands.[/quote]

Since it’s basic only dispels if it’s used under a rebel capital ship, won’t it make houndstooth start stacking tons of protection under any other capital ship? Even under a rebel capital ship, it’s really only clearing the protection like Snips and Fives do and the taunt will annoyingly come back right?
    I’m curious as to how this is going to work out tbh.
    I’m glad the Falcon with the right crew is finally in the game but I think a lot of people are letting the hype consume them. It seems like a really good ship but like you said, not broken strong and not strong enough where I’m buying the $59.99 pack to unlock it. It seems like it’s married to heavily to Rebels and relies on buffs from empire and DS enemies. I’m in a fleet launch day shard and 10-15 of the top 20 fleets (including me) are Mace and Galactic Republic wth only Vader, HT and a few have Xanadu as the only DS ships in it. If you weren’t around for the danger zone arena meta and don’t have Wedge geared up, he’s not terrible but man those lousy Rogue One toons that pilot the U-Wings.....it’s like gearing GK 5 times.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • A 5-star ship is extremely accessible, and for most middle-old players it's effectively only farming 3 ships.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gearing ghost, phantom, bistan, and cassians ship is NO one friendly. P2W or F2P thats just a massive gear dump for a game mode that has next to zero content...

These ships and toons have been around forever. Any F2P could easily done these by now.