The Galactic War: Update and Changes. (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Terrai wrote: »
    Brom wrote: »
    I think level might have a small weighting in the matchmaking formula

I would love to see EA comment on this, but for now we'll just have to go with anecdotal evidence.

Was anyone else limiting arena squad power to make GW easy? If so, how did your GW experience change since the update?

I was limiting my arena team before the update to help out in GW. First reset after the patch I was able to clear. However I was able to clear before the patch too.

The differences I noticed:

Before I would get maybe 1 level 70 team around the end and that's usually it. Now I got several level 70 teams toward the end.

I noticed a lot more dodging by the other team after patch.

I also noticed I went through more characters to clear than I had to before.

Not sure I have an opinion yet but it was a challenge to beat, in some ways I might have gotten lucky beating the amount of level 70 teams because I use to struggle with just one level 70 team.

I'm a newer level 70 (like a week old) and my characters I kept at level 65 and below to manage my arena power. Now I'm wondering if I should just max character levels or not?
  • Not sure the issue with GW. Ever since I've leveled up my Jedi for the yoda challenge, I think I've only lost it like 3 times and 2 of them were on the last level.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Another post complaining about people who have trouble with GW. Please use one of the other 300 instead of a new post.
  • Valsi
    6 posts Member
    I was able to clear it relatively easy the past five days, and now it's a lot harder.
  • Trevor
    102 posts Member
    Before update i was facing teams 70 level 6-7 stars with 52 level so dont moan for 5 level higher teams
  • Trevor
    102 posts Member
    And this time i finished gw in record time 20 Minutes
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Usualy, i finished but had a hard time. Had to use alternate teams or suicide team for the second half.
    Today was quite easy for me. Didn't have to retreat once. Used my aleternate teams in the end, but more for fun.
    I'm lvl 70, my A team is lvl 70, 5* to 7*, lvl7 gear.
  • Baulder001 wrote: »
    I logged into the game after the posted update I restarted GW. I immediately noticed that lower level and less "geared" teams out-perform my squad. I seem to miss and have my attacks being dodged more. The teams I face seem to do a lot more critical damage than mine as well.

I posted the following in the 'Bugs and Issues' page but think it reflects this general discussion:

Since the 3rd March update, I have noticed that some attacks that hit the target do not reduce the health bar. I first noticed this on the AGI Gear Challenge (Tier III - Normal)), when Savage Oppress was near the end of his health. The health bar just seems to freeze. I had five attacks in a row that hit the target (I saw the red negative figures each time) but didn't remove any health (including attacks from a lvl 70 6* JC and lvl 70 5* Dooku). It took a critical hit from Phasma to get it going again. This has happened in subsequent challenges against Savage.

Then, in the first round of GW, my lvl 70 team (including a 7* Sid, Lumi and Phasma) struggled to reduce the health of a lvl 55 team. Again, the enemy's health seemed to freeze. It seems to take critical hits to get the health bar reducing again. What should be a routine victory to get GW started turned into a real slog, where I was taking serious damage. It just seems inconsistent and wrong.

Anyone else noticing this?

Also, the revised GW match-up has made this subgame impossible. Yes, I may have a first team of lvl 70 characters (3x7*, 1x6* & 1x5*) but that doesn't mean that I can face 9-10 matches in a row against a full roster of 7* lvl 70 teams, particularly if cooldowns carries over and health increase is minimal. Echoing the points made many times on this forum, GW is not about strategy, it is about how many lvl 70 7* characters you have. As a F2P player, GW will be impossible for some time if this continues.
  • GW was perfect today. Increasing difficulty, no monster teams but some great combos to require strategy. Finished it with a couple B team uses and retreats. Like whatever was in the update
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Last night I got a note from the developers in my inbox giving me 450k credits and am apology for GW being broken. Yeah I thought! I'll clear GW for the first time since Jan update tomorrow! What happens? I get up this morning and get the same five toons on node three I always see. All 7*, level 70, gear 8. Fixed? I think not.
  • Just tried 2nd account, where I'm level 61. 1st three GW nodes were at or just below my level. 4th one is 5 7 star purple geared team. Matchmaking is not fixed.
  • I figured this would happen. Before if you got to level 70 GW became easier which I thought was fine. I figured that was how GW was supposed to be. You get characters high enough, and the task becomes easier. Instead now GW is very hard to the point where I cannot pass it, before I was getting through and it was still a little challenging here and there.

The problem is I need more depth in my roster. I was accomplishing this by winning GWs so I could spend the credits on leveling and staring up characters but now I cannot accomplish this because everything costs too much and there is no way to get enough credits. When I would win GW, I would be able to level up 4 characters or so. I figured that I was moving good, as I would be able to level up and promote even more characters and perhaps get to use different characters for a change. Now it looks as though that is impossible. Couple that with the upcoming level increase to 80 and it will be impossible for me to have a decent roster with enough high enough characters.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Baulder001 wrote: »
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    Srsly... what are the mods in this forum doing?
    Only because 2 words are the same in the ****, or it says "GW", they merge multiple threads and create total chaos!
    I started a poll because I wanted to hear the experience other players made with the recent update. Obviously I am not allowed to that because someone created a topic with "GW" in it.
    Had nothing to do with my intention to gather information from other players.
    A similar thing happened yesterday, where my thread (that had a question that had nothing to do with the other thread) was merged with all the comments. Just lock it when it's too much, or against the rules or whatever.

I've had it happen to me several times now. It's silly and the Mods clearly don't care enough to actually read the full post.

Yep they just nerfed my poll as well. Was enjoying discussing a specific aspect of GW (how opponents are calculated post-GW 'fix'). Kind of a bummer because we were having a good discussion. Thankfully, before the poll died we got a general consensus that GW is based on whether you have unlocked Ugnaught.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Today was my first GW post patch, and it was the hardest one I have had in a while. The teams of 70 purple toons came much sooner and stayed the whole way.

But I still finished, so I can't complain. I am just passing on the information about my experience.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    ceitin wrote: »
    Now I'm wondering if I should just max character levels or not?

Hey really enjoyed your post. Good to hear the experiences of fellow arena-power-limiters. I'm in exactly the same boat. I barely made it through today. If they still use arena power and I increase mine (I was only using 58% of max power in arena), I'm totally hosed. If they're not using it anymore and I don't raise, I'm missing out on higher arena awards (I normally get 600-700 tokens). So torn! I'm thinking I'll increase about 1k power a day and see if I notice a big change.

• The1Lyden
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Harder for me today.
    Usually i don't even see many lvl 70 units in GW, and i am lvl 70 with 5 max characters. but today starting on node 1 it was a nearly maxed, purple geared group. i am struggling on node 4....

the way i see GW is, if you are a Dev you can make it easy with no negative side effects, but if you make it hard, it can ruin the game. When i go through it and it is lvl 40-60 units i am fighting, it is enjoyable, but when every battle has lvl 70 units with purple gear i get frustrated and want to stop playing.

I have maybe 9 characters with purple gear.... there is no way i am going to win 12 battles where every group i fight is lvl 70 with purple gear...
  • Seems exactly the same to me. Super easy, I even auto attacked 9 out of 12 nodes. In fact only node 11 was even remotely a challenge.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    If anything got changed, it was for the worse. My top characters are around lvl 65, with quite a few more around 60. Mostly 5* - 6*, with only Lumi 7*. Today, there was a full lvl 70 7* team at node 6 to bleed me out and then another at node 7 to finish whatever was left. So either it is the same old RNG determining if I run into **** like that, or they made it consistently sh*tty...
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    When I would win GW, I would be able to level up 4 characters or so. I figured that I was moving good, as I would be able to level up and promote even more characters and perhaps get to use different characters for a change. Now it looks as though that is impossible. Couple that with the upcoming level increase to 80 and it will be impossible for me to have a decent roster with enough high enough characters.

Exactly. It seems like GW becomes more manageable with 10-15 7* geared heroes. Raising the cap to 80 puts GW and arena competence that much further out of reach.

At first I thought about giving up, but if this downward path continues its more likely I'll just go casual and get out of the rat race that is arena on a new server :)

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    With the update, I did not face a single lvl70 toon until node 8. Node 9 is a full lvl70 7* G8 team. I will not be able to do 9 and beyond until later today, but it seems to me that the update did what it should.

Where I used to get fully maxxed teams starting sometimes at node 3, I started against a lvl55 blue team (I am level 70), and each node was a team that was a little bit higher. If the trend continues, I expect nodes 10, 11, and 12 to be fully maxxed teams as well.

For me, being at level cap with a decent sized bench, it is a little too easy. This is the first time I have not had to retreat at all prior to node 9, and I may not have to retreat on node 9 today. I won't say the change is unwelcome, as I really need the credits and mats, but think it probably still needs some tweaking.
  • I agree... GW used to be my favorite part of the game.... i am a lvl 70 with about 10 units that can add any value in a fight... only about half of them are maxed. now i cant make it past node 5.

GW was, up until now a great place to get shards and money and upgrade materials... and now it is virtually pointless to even play it.... they Need to fix it AND COMPENSATE! this is insane!
  • Hey welcome to the forum!

I am sorry you are having trouble with the GW, there are some good strategies in the "Guides" section of the forum.
    Best advice, do what you can, keep leveling and gearing your toons and don't let it stress you. It does get better!

Good luck.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Here is my credit rewards for GW

Node 1 = 7650 = 7650
    Node 2 = 15300 = 22950
    Node 3 = 24250 = 47200
    Node 4 = 30600 = 77800
    Node 5 = 35530 = 113330
    Node 6 = 39550 = 152880
    Node 7 = 42950 = 195830
    Node 8 = 45900 = 241730
    Node 9 = 48500 = 290230
    Node 10 = 50830 = 341060
    Node 11 = 52930 = 393990
    Node 12 = 54850 = 448840

And no difference in opponents
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Mo_liza wrote: »
    Another post complaining about people who have trouble with GW. Please use one of the other 300 instead of a new post.

Trying to bring balance to the force against the 400 threads with people complaining about it
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    I think the experience for new players who joined in Feb or later has been brutal. Did you join before or after? The GW bugs can only hit you so hard at level 70 - its the newbies who are suffering. I believe this is why there are so many posts on both sides - people who started in Dec. vs. Feb. are basically playing different games.

I do appreciate your creativity though. I will hereafter use Trail of Tears instead of GW on the forums :)
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    The1Lyden wrote: »
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Harder for me today.
    Usually i don't even see many lvl 70 units in GW, and i am lvl 70 with 5 max characters. but today starting on node 1 it was a nearly maxed, purple geared group. i am struggling on node 4....

the way i see GW is, if you are a Dev you can make it easy with no negative side effects, but if you make it hard, it can ruin the game. When i go through it and it is lvl 40-60 units i am fighting, it is enjoyable, but when every battle has lvl 70 units with purple gear i get frustrated and want to stop playing.

I have maybe 9 characters with purple gear.... there is no way i am going to win 12 battles where every group i fight is lvl 70 with purple gear...

Agreed. There are more ways to make money than creating artificial shortages and making GW resemble daily visits to the dentist.

• I have been playing for MONTHS without any issues. There is NO GUIDE that is going to help me.... I cant win 12 battles in GW with 9 toons that have purple gear and only 6 of them are lvl 70.

I saw a post from a dev that says that GW is supposed to be "Hard", and i think that is a **** terrible way to look at it. how about GW is suppose to be "Fun" or a "A Great place to get money or shards".
  • GW seems quite random for me. I breezed past the last week or so with maybe losing one guy or two and then today it was a dog fight from the start with multiple high level groups.

I don't mind getting tough challenges, but with GW being the main source for gaining credits and shards it's tough when you hit btb super groups before hitting 5th node.

• Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Maskarii wrote: »
    Maybe the force will be with you...or your creditcard visa Mastercard :D

Ha, well said. Shouldn't it feel more like paying money at an amusement park than getting mugged in an alley afterwards?