Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• TAureliusC wrote: »
    I don’t see anything wrong with this. It adds randomness into the equation and forces you to compose teams that aren’t the usual go to teams. If you have a deep roster, this will benefit you even more. If not, then at least most of the premium characters will be off the table, and that levels the playing field tremendously. Just because you can’t use characters you paid for in one game setting doesn’t necessarily mean its a bad thing. I seriously think many people in here overreact when something doesn’t go their way.

This will only be "exciting" for players with very deep and developed rosters. If you're a middleground player hovering 1-2 million GP, chances are you only have a maximum of four actually useful teams. Let's say three of those teams are FO, BH and NS or IT, how much are you really able to contribute to your guild at that point? Will you "dig deep" into your roster and pull out those g8 farmboy lukes, clone wars chewies and 4* scarif pathfinders for maximum impact? How fun and exciting.

A mode where key characters are banned is just going to ruin the experience for the majority of players who haven't g12’d everything. I agree it's probably going to be fun if you actually have decent characters as replacement.
  • :lol:

I aim to misbehave ;)

You sir, win the internet! #SERENITY

The dialogue is oddly appropriate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VR3Av9qfZc

Shepherd Book used to tell me, "Can't do somethin' smart... do somethin' right."
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Speaking for a guild of 47, literally none of us like this. Buff our weak toons, don't take away the strong.
  • Did they ever respond to this thread? Sorry, was too lazy to look through 33 pages. If they didn’t, how unprofessional.
    1. Destroy TW with a terrible idea that bans the use of toons people work hard for (and is going to crush our guild who worked really hard for Traya and will have 50 Trayas in our guild that count towards our matchup that we can’t use)
    2. Claim, at every possible opportunity, that the player base wanted this.
    3. Don’t respond to a week’s worth of complaints from customers.
    4. Go ahead with TW.

I’m fine with most things they do and understand the game can’t grow if people don’t spend money. This is a business after all. But this is an absolutely irresponsible way to treat your customers.
  • Did they ever respond to this thread? Sorry, was too lazy to look through 33 pages. If they didn’t, how unprofessional.
    1. Destroy TW with a terrible idea that bans the use of toons people work hard for (and is going to crush our guild who worked really hard for Traya and will have 50 Trayas in our guild that count towards our matchup that we can’t use)
    2. Claim, at every possible opportunity, that the player base wanted this.
    3. Don’t respond to a week’s worth of complaints from customers.
    4. Go ahead with TW.

I’m fine with most things they do and understand the game can’t grow if people don’t spend money. This is a business after all. But this is an absolutely irresponsible way to treat your customers.
    They haven’t. There was also a 60 page thread when this thing was first announced that was closed. They never replied to that one, either.
  • I joined this forum because of how bad of an idea this was. The last TW was excellent. The best I've been a part of. You guys took seldom used characters and made them not only fun, but added a new depth of strategy to the TW. It also leveled the playing field, to a degree, against the pay for play players.
    This iteration of TW literally hurts everybody involved. The people that paid money for revan (and other toons affected by this) now dont get to use them. And for those people that didnt pay, but invested a lot of time to gear up their toons now dont get to use them either. Removing a single toon can completely nerf an entire squad that people put a lot of time in to develop. All of that money spent, and time spent should be rewarded in TW, because that is the event everyone looks forward to. It is the most rewarding part of the game (and I don't mean loot rewards). This sucks the fun out of TW.
    If you guys think GA is going to be the heart of this game you guys are dead wrong. The funnest part of this game is working together with your guild to beat another guild doing the exact same thing.
    I sincerely hope you guys stop this before it even launches. Or, at the very least, never ever do this again, and go back to giving bonuses to seldom used toons.

The bonuses they gave Mace last time effectively nerfed Sith. Holding back some of the stronger toons from this TW will make others more effective in comparison.
    This idea could be terrible, the wordage around the announcement took some liberties but this TW will at least not be status quo. Strategy has to be rethought. It could be fun.
    Quite a few in my guild don’t like this TW but we are strategizing and we’re going to play it.
  • At this point I'm more disappointed with CG because they're going to shove this down our throats despite community sentiment.... all while claiming it was our idea while they do it.

Next toon will be the inquisitor - Code name Torquemada. I'm sure we'll get the full treatment then #ImprovedCommunication #SignificantMakeGood #Soon ....

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • There are several things wrong with how this has played out, but let's please be civil.

One of the issues is that there was no in-game notification, as far as I am aware, prior to the closing of the poll, which means a ton of players were excluded from voting simply because most people don't ever visit the forums.

Another issue, and a big one for me, is the way it is presented as if we, the customer base, asked for this. No, we absolutely did not.

Then there is the whole deliberate diminishing of the value of our investments. This is not like when someone makes a farming decision and they miss out on a legendary because of it. This is simply taking a large chunk of our rosters away from us.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    More than anything you know what really makes an impression?

"Hello darkness my old friend, ... the sounds of silence". Think about the effect theirs is having on you.
  • And while we're on the subject..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    🤔 wonder how many “why cant I use my character in tw”post will there be today.
  • I just lost a little more interest in this game. You have ruined Territory Wars. Are developers trying to plan the end of this game? It looks like it. Dubious developers such as Scopely also have a history of implementing **** changes to their games when they want to end them. Are you heading that direction, EA / Capital Games?

i was thinking the same thing. ill never play another game from either of these companies even if it is star wars and for the rest of my life i will be telling anyone who brings up the topic how bad these 2 companies are. 3years of playing the game and they make the community claim and dissapear. that is downright treachery in my book and will not be forgotten.

the developers and the gaming company have cursed themself with karma by their evil actions.

the deafening silence is what i really see as a dagger into this game and I think it is on purpose too.

oh well. at least i learned how to not allow my star wars addiction to get the best of me anymore. when they realize on the next game or wherever it is down the line that they killed their golden goose it will be too late for most because now is the time they should be apologizing not when they see the impact of their evil actions.
  • h8cr04gkkhgo.jpeg

Enjoy the TW!
  • I just wanna know who thought this was a good idea.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Guys, if you can find enjoyment in the game, do so. Forget all this, hang with your guild and have fun. TW, meh. I ranted as much as the rest of you. But you know what? It makes no difference. You have a few choices how you go forward. Me, F2P until they hit the lights for good.

Later people.. Gonna go ask Alexa Echo silly questions with the 9 year old lol #gamersmatternotthegame.
  • Guys, if you can find enjoyment in the game, do so. Forget all this, hang with your guild and have fun. TW, meh. I ranted as much as the rest of you. But you know what? It makes no difference. You have a few choices how you go forward. Me, F2P until they hit the lights for good.

Later people.. Gonna go ask Alexa Echo silly questions with the 9 year old lol #gamersmatternotthegame.

great post. i agree. the only reason i am still playing is the guild and the star wars community that these developers keep crapping on.

in the end the only thing this did was turn me 100% f2p. the only way that would change is a deep SINCERE apology for what was done which will never happen. they might apologize down the road but it will be fake and only done because the $$ impact.

• You take 20 characters times 50 players away then still make us field 25 squads. Worthless this game and you junk ****
  • My guild hated this. But in the end I was the only one who chose to sit out. That’s the problem. They feed us crap, and we keep shoveling it into our mouths. It gives them the impression they can do whatever they like and ignore what players want.
  • I’ve already voiced my general opinion of this concept, but here’s some feedback I hope the devs will read and maybe consider going forward:
    1. Please reduce the number of teams we have to field. With so many banned toons, it’s gonna be very hard to fully defend all fields and still have some firepower left.
    2. Please consider a way to reward guilds based on usual GP, but match based on available GP.

And lastly, a question.
    I don’t find the communication so far very clear. Is this toon ban only for this single TW, is it for this one and the one coming the day this one ends or is it for all TWs this month?
    Would be great to have clarity over..
  • That is all.
  • Thanks for taking all the hard work of levelling specific teams and just completely ruining the whole experience, cheers.
  • Honestly the more I think about this banned toon thing the more it makes me mad. It cost me at least $400 to get all the tons I needed to get Revan. Am i going to get a refund since i now cant use him? I mean I understand that people are upset about not having him. But the fact of the matter is this game is ran off of profits. And my $400 along with the countless other dollars they got from people for getting Revan should count for something. Also between Revan and Traya I have 5 Zetas tied up. So now my guild will suffer from having a 3.5 mil GP player with 5 less than someone who doesnt have Revan or Traya. Ok i will say 3 less cause most people at my GP have Traya. But either way why should my guild suffer at getting matched against a higher GP guild that doesnt have so much invested in these characters? I never ever thought I would get to a point where I would quit this game but this definitely has me thinking about it
  • Exactly the same thoght. On 70M GP bracket we will be fighting with plenty of g8, g9 squads becase half of our squads are messed up and we still must fill 19 squads per field. Its like moving back 6 month...
    I know its for both sides, but still suckz.
    I know you guys trying something new, but I also hope you wont be forcing us to do this again.
  • So, this "community" style TW is finally here and I get to finally play in a mode I missed with, well, whatever the kitten I have left on my roster. Yet, the TW starts, and the biggest issue with the mode is unadressed. Sandbagging. If you aren't familar with sandbagging, it's a process where a guild leaves several members out of TW to get the matchmaking to adjust their GP to give them what is perceived as a more favorable matchup. Basically, they are too kitten to compete with the big boys in their bracket, so they drop 10M or so GP to avoid them.

The result, a guild that plays the mode straight up now may faace a guild that manipulated their GP and sandbagged. So now you are facing higher GP rosters with a handicap of banned toons. Seriously guys, you thought this was a good idea?

After this TW, before you go Thanos Snapping more toons, or buffing ME so she crits for 100K, please, for the love of all things Tattooine, fix sandbagging. It's pretty simple, their are multiple ways of doing it.

Here is my suggestion. If your guild goes in below 50 players, you take the average GP of the guild and add those players back in. In other words, you get matched at guilds with comprable strength and rosters. Maybe you set brackets for averaging, just to avoid a situation that is too lopsided. Only have it correct for up to 4 missing players, or something like that. And then have the requirement to set defenses always be at 25. At this point, the onus should be on the guild to be full and ready to set a full defense.

Pretty much just stop rewarding the people who game the system.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Guys, if you can find enjoyment in the game, do so. Forget all this, hang with your guild and have fun. TW, meh. I ranted as much as the rest of you. But you know what? It makes no difference. You have a few choices how you go forward. Me, F2P until they hit the lights for good.

great post. i agree. the only reason i am still playing is the guild and the star wars community that these developers keep crapping on.

in the end the only thing this did was turn me 100% f2p. the only way that would change is a deep SINCERE apology for what was done which will never happen. they might apologize down the road but it will be fake and only done because the $$ impact.

Ty :)
  • To have all these teams that I have invested large amounts of time and strategizing, as well as resources go straight to the gutter for a major game mode like this is actually just terrible.

It honestly only hurts the players like myself who cannot/do not spend the money on having a deep and powerful bench. Having most of my imp troops, ns, and several other key toons to what i have built towards over the years ive been playing is disheartening. I am very disappointed with this outcome and will be extremely hesitant on spending any money on any facet of this game in the future.

This type of thing is what gives games like this an overwhelming demoralization of the community and coupled with one or two more unpopular developments, can lead to a significant player loss. Slippery slope, I know, but its true.

I love this game, but I love actually using the characters i have spent large amounts of time and effort to build up.

I think i can speak for the community as a whole and say "please undo this soon and try something else."

Ps. Why was hk47 pulled? What sort of balance did that bring?
  • There are several things wrong with how this has played out, but let's please be civil.

One of the issues is that there was no in-game notification, as far as I am aware, prior to the closing of the poll, which means a ton of players were excluded from voting simply because most people don't ever visit the forums.

Another issue, and a big one for me, is the way it is presented as if we, the customer base, asked for this. No, we absolutely did not.

Then there is the whole deliberate diminishing of the value of our investments. This is not like when someone makes a farming decision and they miss out on a legendary because of it. This is simply taking a large chunk of our rosters away from us.

This was very well said and sums up my primary concerns in a clear, concise and constructive manner. Let me also add I was extremely excited that TW is back. Now that my top three teams are nerfed after spending hundreds of hours building them I am beyond disappointed.
  • imoo
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This is total bullsh... Who came up with this idea please.. someone fire him/her/it. We payed and farmed for months/years to not be able to use our favorite chars? You though breaking team synergies is fun for us?
    I wish i had read the forum before joining this tw.. would have not joined.

This mockery of our time and money is enough to go F2P.

This is the absolute end of spending money on this game for me.
  • Sanaias
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So has anyone realized the other issue with this? The fact that we still need to set 24 squads with a reasonable line of defense and have anything left at all for offense is absolutely ridiculous. I want to see the actual poll votes... I have revan. I had spent maybe $40 on on obtaining him because I was able to see the event coming, so keep in mind that it’s not only whales you’re screwing over here, it’s also the people who have simply worked super hard to build the teams to compete with the constant changing meta. How are you going to give us characters, accept our currency to build those characters, then ban them from the only competitive gameplay outside of standard arenas we have.

It’s very clear to me that this is an attempt to make even more money by banning the characters they made a fortune on. I’m betting anything they’ll release packs and share kits for the characters that aren’t banned. Selling this as “what the community wanted” is laughable. You may not realize that it’s noticable when It’s what the community wants, you can use the excuse that you can’t win and no matter what you do people will complain. But there’s a difference between when a small amount of people are complaining about something that might have been a good change, and when you’ve just made a grave error and have 34 pages of people telling you that this was a bad idea.

No wonder everyone’s quitting.
This discussion has been closed.