Really new and confused

Hi guys,

i started just 10 days ago and i am really confused. I am 43 level and all the chars are 5-6 lvl gear.
Additionally i only have lea and qui gon from which i am not that impressed.
I have heard that phoenix is the way to go but i am farming Tarkin and Boba. should i reject them?
Should i prioritize on pushing the missions or on making my chars stronger by farming?

Replies

• Stick with Phoenix, stay with boba as a good beginner character, stay with Tarkin as a great fleet commander. All in all stay with Phoenix. Work towards thrawn and palp with them, and you won’t be disappointed!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • should i farm shards for new characters or better upgrade the existent?
  • @tsoslia

Welcome to the game! I hope you come to enjoy it as much as I have (coming up on 2 years of continuous play). I would absolutely recommend farming your Phoenix characters to 7 stars for all except Sabine (for now). This will prove to be an amazing team down the road, as it is one of my favorite teams to play, and I have not really upgraded any of them in about a year. They play off of each other's strengths very well, and are used in a couple of needed ships for the fleet arena at level 60. They will also be used to get Grand Admiral Thrawn (arguably the best all-around character in the current game) as well as getting Emperor Palpatine, the best Empire Leader in the game. Those 2 are important characters to use to unlock R2D2, who will boost your Rebel team tremendously, and will help to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker, another one of the best characters in the game.

I absolutely recommend working on a good team of Bounty Hunters for the Credit Heist event (as well as the training droid event) as those events will give you a large boost once you can complete them on their hardest levels. I also believe that Bounty Hunters is a fun faction to play with, as they allow for different strategies with the spread of characters available to you.

When you believe that you are ready, you should jump out of the starting guild that you automatically join, and find a guild around your current level of play. Work with those guildmates to push each other to be the best, and to eventually take down the Rancor raid, as it will unlock one of the best solo ;) characters available: Han Solo (commonly referred to as rHan). With a guild, you can trade gear with each other, offer advice on events, and expand your allies list, so that you can use your allies's heroes in the battle tables.

One last piece of advice for you: this is your game. Regardless of what anyone else tells you to do, you have to remember that you are playing the game for fun (hopefully) and that no one else will play it for you. Do not look for the new flashy character that everyone is talking about on the forums, but get who you want to get. Do not build a roster just for a meta cycle, or build a team because people are telling you to build them, but build a team that you want to play with. Learn what each character can do, learn how they work with one another, and try to strengthen that teamwork into a powerful, unstoppable team. Have fun, and play for yourself, not for someone else.

If you want any specific advice, feel free to send me a message, tag me in this thread (or any other for that matter), or ask others on the forum pages. I may not be the most knowledgeable about all of the characters, but I am always willing to give honest (and mostly useful) advice for you. Sorry for the paper I just wrote out for you.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • For the most part, the characters you are given at the beginning of the game are not worth upgrading. Get them high enough to win what you need to win but no further. Focus on other characters, such as Phoenix. Actually, Leia is a character you will need later as well, so she is not a bad investment.

This is a farming roadmap which will get you most of the best characters in the game if you follow it. As you can see, Phoenix is one of the first you should attempt to get, because they branch out and help you to get many of the other best characters. But everyone on this map is worth going for at some point.

FB_IMG_1546809027397.jpg

Just don't try to do everyone at once! If you spread yourself too thin, it won't work out well. Pace yourself.

If you do decide to start with Phoenix (which I highly recommend), this is a helpful guide as well:

https://youtu.be/D5DcwKESHdo
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Regarding Tarkin:

At level 60, you will receive 80 Tsrkin shards from the ships intro quests. No need to farm him right now. It will conflict with phoenix. Farming Boba's hard nodes will be good.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Farming Boba's hard nodes will be good.
    I don't recommend farming boba hard nodes or any hard nodes that gives a character that is farmable from anywhere..... i forgot what is available in the early hard nodes that is not available anywhere else.... sabine is definitely one of them (even if u don't use her on Phoenix... she is needed for her ship) or just get gear with regular energy.
  • Bloodless wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I don't recommend farming boba hard nodes or any hard nodes that gives a character that is farmable from anywhere..... i forgot what is available in the early hard nodes that is not available anywhere else.... sabine is definitely one of them (even if u don't use her on Phoenix... she is needed for her ship) or just get gear with regular energy.

I agree, farming Boba on a hard node is not wise early in the game. However unlocking Sabine, Range Trooper and Veers is a good strategy.
  • Boba is the Swiss Army Knife of Bounty Hunters. With his self-rez, AoE ability block and no-rez kill, he can slot into just about any team and add value.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    Bloodless wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I agree, farming Boba on a hard node is not wise early in the game. However unlocking Sabine, Range Trooper and Veers is a good strategy.

At OP's stage the common advice is to focus on the phoenix squad until the 5 are at 7*. Farming Boba Fett from the cantina shop would conflict with farming Chopper. Hence my advice to farm Boba Fett's hard node(s). Boba as great for credit heist (OP will need those credits), he has a great ship (OP will unlock ships soon) and also has great uses in end-game.

I still advice to farm Boba's hard nodes. He's too good to postpone farming until after Chopper is completed.
  • Boba is great, no doubt about it. Especially early on. With that said, it's definitely a waste of resources to farm him from his hard nodes. In my experience, it's best to use crystals early on 100 crystal cantina refreshes because of the Ezra/Hera farm. This will also get you store currency at a much faster rate, and Chopper can be farmed relatively quickly. Boba is important, and you'll want him, but you definitely can wait until Chopper is done. Boba won't get you credit heists on his own, and getting any other scoundrels will conflict with someone from the Phoenix Squad (except Dengar, but you'll want to start farming him before other BH's anyway due to how long he takes to get to 7*)