Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I eagerly await the canned "This special TW was a huge success and everyone loved it" post after it ends, followed by quietly never mentioning it ever again.

That might actually make me quit if they do that....
  • You know what, I think I understand now..... Man all of these Traya and revan squads are topping arena teams just like every other meta since the game released 😭😭😭😭.

There. Now you can just remove the characters from our roster completely instead of banning them from events. Might as well only **** us off once.
  • This is absolutely terrible. I don't work hard on characters just so I can't use them. I make and set up specific teams because those are the characters I want to play. This ban thing is terrible. All you do is put a card in there that people have to vote for, and the other ones are forfeit as well.

Gee, thanks.
  • Fatmann
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Complete ****. Stupid af. Someone needs to be fired for the complacent disregard to the cries of opposition on this forum. I love how you spun this as something positive that WE chose to do. I wonder how many will quit bc of all of the recent missteps? I’m about there after 3 yrs
  • I´m in a good middle class guild where at least 4-5 player should be able to unlock Revan next time ... What I want to say is that we have a hard time against other Guilds with Revan... BUT I would have no problem losing the next 10 TW in a row because of that than locking the chars other players have unlocked so hard. Also, a lot of toons a locked that new Lv. 85 player have unlocked and geard up as good as possible ... they also have now lost this toons and get frustrated ...
  • Terk21
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Wow. Well.

I will try to do a more informal poll here, where hopefully they don't catch it and nix it. The options I had posted for how to keep TW dynamic, engaging, and fair were as follows:

1 - Event bonuses for certain toons (like they did for Mace, CUP, and Grievous)
    2 - Restrictions on available toons
    3 - Ability to scout opposition guilds during preview and/or setup phases
    4 - Global event effects for certain categories (ie, revive penalties for NS, Ewoks, and other toons with Revive abilities; or enhanced evasion for scoundrels)
    5 - TW wasn't broke so it don't need fixing
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Sanaias
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    The same restrictions apply to the opposing team. Lets wait till the TW attack phase ends before we air any grievances

It’s a tie breaker man. We still have to fill 25 squads in 10 zones.

*GameUpdate* Territory War’s “Attack Phase” is now a “viewing phase” whichever squads are voted the prettiest comp wins first place prizes.

Obi Wan and Anakin after SWGOH patch.
    uvo08e1boje4.jpeg

• JimbLogo
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I don't like it this way. If any changes we're going to be made. Make it changing toon's with bonuse's, like we had that one prior time. This is so stupid. I have been playing since this games release, and im not sure this is what the populace wants. Change the 7* requirement. Wait. Why have any requirement's at all. Terrible.!

It feels like you all are just a bunch of mad scientist now. Sorry to say that. Just my 2 cent's.
  • I'm excited because this is my very first TW, but I'd be even more excited if I'd get to use all my toons :neutral: Or at least my arena team. But since Anakin is not an option, I need to plug the hole in my Bastila team with either Kanan or Qui-Gon. QGJ is still too squishy and Kanan would leave my Phoenix team one short. Not ideal, but it could have been worse I guess. At least I get to use my full fleet.
  • This is a bad change and you should feel bad.
  • I much preferred "Shaking up" TW by buffing underutilized characters (like Mace and Ewoks). That was a great idea. Banning toons, to me, is lame. Buffing toons with surprising and powerful mechanics is fun (see: Mace), and requires some on-the-spot adaptation.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "Everyone is quitting" is absolutely hyperbole.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sanaias wrote: »
    The same restrictions apply to the opposing team. Lets wait till the TW attack phase ends before we air any grievances

It’s a tie breaker man. We still have to fill 25 squads in 10 zones.

*GameUpdate* Territory War’s “Attack Phase” is now a “viewing phase” whichever squads are voted the prettiest comp wins first place prizes.

Obi Wan and Anakin after SWGOH patch.
    uvo08e1boje4.jpeg

Perfection, considering they both got banned. Now I’m going to imagine them hanging out in TW purgatory doing just that. :D
  • "Territory Wars - Bend over anyone who invested in Bounty Hunters Style" should be the actual name, not this "community crap"
  • My TW teams:
    Team#1: Nope - can’t use zombie or Daka
    Team#2: OK - Resistance.
    Team#3: Nope - cant use Han Solo.
    Team#4: Nope - can’t use FOTP.
    Team#5: Nope - can’t use Kenobi (which I just 7 stared after a year of playing).
    Team#6: OK - Empire.
    Team#7: OK - Phoenix.
    Team#8: Nope - can’t use Dengar.

Wait - I just spend time theorycrafting new teams and after the TW I will be wiser and ... have useless knowledge because next will be different toons banned!

I just give up playing or trying to bother!
  • Perfection, considering they both got banned. Now I’m going to imagine them hanging out in TW purgatory doing just that. :D

You’re welcome. Don’t consider it a ban, consider it a vacation. Swgoh upping their RP level.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    they moved the thread to a dead forum, lol

You know better than that.

They appear to have merged a bunch (I got a 1.1k new posts notification which is indicative of a merge).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AdmiralP
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Wow... just wow. All but two of my TW squads are now lacking a pivotal character. I suppose that I wouldn't be so irritated by it if a majority of my time in this game over the last year hadn't been spent building squads for TW. How do I know the characters I'm currently working on won't suffer the same fate in the next TW?

Either way EA/CG - I hope you are seeing this add up the same way most of us are seeing it.

36 pages (and counting) comprised mostly of complaints here + however many pages of complaints in the threads you shut down + the primarily negative commentary from the game changers = this was probably an indefatigably unbelievable horrible god-awful unacceptable idea
  • I just joined TW and I got frustrated … every defense I built has gone.

I will set my CUP team and say kitten U.

I didn't want to join, but my guild means everything, so I joined.
    And now I am angry …
    well done CG !

well done!
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Well they were at least half right, there does seem to be an overwhelming fan sentiment about this change.
  • This is the worst waste of time crap of a TW to ever happen. So horrible.
  • AdmiralP wrote: »
    Wow... just wow. All but two of my TW squads are now lacking a pivotal character. I suppose that I wouldn't be so irritated by it if a majority of my time in this game over the last year hadn't been spent building squads for TW. How do I know the characters I'm currently working on won't suffer the same fate in the next TW?

Either way EA/CG - I hope you are seeing this add up the same way most of us are seeing it.

36 pages (and counting) comprised mostly of complaints here + however many pages of complaints in the threads you shut down + the primarily negative commentary from the game changers = this was probably an indefatigably unbelievable horrible god-awful unacceptable idea

I honestly couldn't say it better myself. Lazy development. I've loved this game for the 2+ years I've played it, despite some of the other questionable decisions the devs made over that time, but this TW is patently ridiculous and literally goes against every type of logic and reasoning. I couldn't even say where to start from. Could start with the obvious lack of support for the idea from the player/customers. Could also start with the fact that there was a better idea that had already been implemented before. I'm also fairly certain that if the devs had actually test driven the concept they would have noticed how dumb it was. Like, again, I literally don't know...
  • I wish that the squad size that was needed was reduced since we lost a bunch of our key players.
  • This sucks I can’t believe we all wanted this!
  • The only thing I can hope for is that this is a face-saving measure, aka "Well we wanted to try it once despite the concerns and see how it went. Now that it has been tried we realize it was not a good or fun idea".

What I don't understand is how this was conceived of as good after the bi-weekly threads about platoons stealing the newest marquees that people paid $400 to use. Buffs = fun, Bans = anger. Did you just spend 6 months HSTR'ing Traya? Welp. Spend $400+ to get Revan off the hop? Welp. Have specific teams that you build and modded exquisitely to help your guild (the main reason people keep playing games like this is guildmates)? Welp.
  • I love how I've been working on this Bounty Hunter quest line since quests were added last summer, and how several of their quests practically require you to play in temporary events like TB and TW. I've been on part 5 (Dengar) since October if I'm not mistaken. I have to win 5 Territory War battles on offense with him in my squad. I've finished 4. Then we didn't have any Wars for a month. Now I can't use him in this one.

Just... what the hell?
  • Comet19
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    they moved the thread to a dead forum, lol

You know better than that.

They appear to have merged a bunch (I got a 1.1k new posts notification which is indicative of a merge).

Actually the 1.1K seems to come from someone accidentally deleting this thread and then restoring it. Thirty minutes ago, there were 0 posts on this thread. Now, notice this thread is only 1 page longer.
  • Bah it's just one war folks, not the end of the world. Try out some new combinations and new teams and have fun with it. Personally, I prefer the idea of buffing some of the less popular toons because that rewards players who don't chase the meta so much as simply love the Star Wars universe. But to each their own.

Now get out there... and by all means, let the Wookie win. :)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    So now the game community is being punished for the hard work we have done farming toons and gear and building good teams.

This is the WORST idea I have seen come out of CG regarding this game - its absolutely astonishing to me that they honestly thought banning certain characters was a good move, in fact a disgraceful move!

Shame on you CG - fix for next TW.
This discussion has been closed.