Mods farming needs improvement

I realize square circle diamond mods are common therefore easier in stages to farm the 5* versions. How about adding 5* stages for triangle arrow cross mods of everything. U don't even need to make individual stages for every mod u can do 1 very difficult stage for all cross/arrow/ triangle mods. 1 g12 stage rewards in mod battles rewards 5* triangle hp,def,crits,spd,pot,ten,off random selection rewards only triangle mods repeat for arrow and cross. Make it 20 energy per farm like hard battles. Do not individualize stages for every mod it will increase too many crit specific mods put every mod in as a reward randomize or lottery% the results hp def best % crits spd lowest %

Replies

• 30% hp 25% def 10% tenacity 10% potency 10% offense 5% critD 5%critC 5% speed. Just an example of how % can be split up
  • I’d be willing to sacrifice something to get a higher chance of a specific primary of a certain set.

Example: the hardest one for me to get is a tenacity mod, tenacity primary cross.
    If I could get some numbers like... 40% chance at a tenacity primary, 20% chance 5*, but guaranteed it’s only a Tier E? I’d take that.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    To me its stupid beyond belief.... i will never ever stop farming mods.. ever? Whats the point behind 90% square diamond circle drops and 10 percent arrow triangle cross.... there is no reason to ever stop farming mods due to the roll mecanics no one ever gonna have all 30 speed secondaries... since ill never stop farming them whats the point of short changing 3 thpes of mods... its ridiculous
  • Not short changing evening out the imbalance in mod farming because right now its not even close
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    This is way better than it used to be. Drop rate is 100%. Enough said.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’ve been trying to get the right 5 dot arrow mod for my DN for weeks... I’ve also been trying to 7*.... I’ve got 6 shards in 8 days..
  • TVF wrote: »

But with drop rate being 100%, you also have 3 and 4 dot mods, making it just about as useless as before. It isn't a big deal to get a mod every time, especially when I land up selling most of them anyway because they're junk 3 and 4 dots.
  • I actually have pretty good luck with 30 speed arrows
  • Arrows can be easier to farm. Did 38 tries 2 triangles its just typical farming bogus odds.

But with drop rate being 100%, you also have 3 and 4 dot mods, making it just about as useless as before. It isn't a big deal to get a mod every time, especially when I land up selling most of them anyway because they're junk 3 and 4 dots.

You realize that prior to 100% drop rate, you still got three and four dot mods right. . , and there was a ton of outrage about xx sims and no mods dropping. .
  • I hate mods. Don’t get me wrong, I get the function, but truthfully, reading the forum leaves one feeling more confused because (help notwithstanding) the information is splattered with personal views and opinions...just saying.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

You realize that prior to 100% drop rate, you still got three and four dot mods right. . , and there was a ton of outrage about xx sims and no mods dropping. .

And you know, that CG has to adjust the game, to be not painful, when you farm stuff?
    The 100% change was necessary!
    And when slicing to 6A or 7 comes, they have to adjust again.
    It should be easy, but also not painful.
    I feel it's OK going to 6E, with the events we have.

Thanks tips

I remember it. But when I do farm mods, I tend to get a lot more of the 3 and 4 dots, with 5 dots being more uncommon and all usually are tier E. At this stage, I just try to work on the good mods I have by slicing them, and buy some from the mod store.
  • Just buy the good ones from the shipments. Anything 5dot, blue or higher with a speed stat present of atleast +4.

Anything else is trash
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Just buy the good ones from the shipments. Anything 5dot, blue or higher with a speed stat present of atleast +4.

Anything else is trash

Thanks for the tip. I've thought about taking a risk on buying a mod with speed secondary, regardless of color. I'm sure someone will tell me I gotta spend my energy on mod farming, but I haven't figured out a good farming schedule.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Just buy the good ones from the shipments. Anything 5dot, blue or higher with a speed stat present of atleast +4.

Anything else is trash

Thanks for the tip. I've thought about taking a risk on buying a mod with speed secondary, regardless of color. I'm sure someone will tell me I gotta spend my energy on mod farming, but I haven't figured out a good farming schedule.

If you're lower levels, or don't have the credits, then take 4dot but the same criteria - blue or above with a speed stat present of +3. Speed is key in all aspects of this game - a mod with none is useless. You'll spend more credits trying to level the mods you farm to get speed, then you would buying a few from shipments each week with guaranteed speed attribute

Anything else is trash

If you're lower levels, or don't have the credits, then take 4dot but the same criteria - blue or above with a speed stat present of +3. Speed is key in all aspects of this game - a mod with none is useless. You'll spend more credits trying to level the mods you farm to get speed, then you would buying a few from shipments each week with guaranteed speed attribute

For sho. Thanks

Anything else is trash

My farm rate is way better than what I could afford from that , as long as I am not farming slicing mats

Anything else is trash

Not sure I agree with that last part, and triangles and crosses without speed sec can still be useful
  • Mod store, buy 5 speed if you can, any else is a waste. Except arrows with 4.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I only buy mods with 5+ speed. Helps to keep me from over spending.

Drop rates were 100% during the first few days of release
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    I think it’s a big ask to have a chance to get mods with specific stats. Part of why mods exist is to have more variety between toons. Even toons with similar mod sets won’t necessarily have the same stats. It builds in some variance that would otherwise be missing from the game.

I’ve pretty much stopped farming mods because I find it laborious and I spend the energy on slicing gear instead. I will buy a mod when I see something in the shop that I want instead.

What I’d like to see is an “instant sell” button, or a way to flag a mod to easily sell later, when I get a mod I don’t want. Getting loads of health mods and then having to go through inventory to go to sell, or even worse sell first then go through those steps because the mod is in the inbox when I’m at the mod cap (argh!), is a pain.

A quick way to get rid of unwanted mods would also help with mod farming so that you can quickly sell those you don’t want. I might even start farming mods again...