Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Guys, at this point something to remember is the CG Devs have put their necks out on this one. We need to keep that in mind. As much as I am not a fan (to put it mildly), it's here, we have no choice but to avoid it or deal with it.

There are people asking for CG employees to get fired. Too late to light the torches and then think the mob won't burn the house down.

The overreactions are hilarious though.

Glad we amuse you. You seem to delight in all this. Sad really.
  • Tb12isgoat wrote: »
    Whoever came up with this idea from CG used to work for NY jets. How dumb can you be?

reminds me of Seattle passing instead of running...... With the previous characters getting boosts they had a good thing going. then instead of going back to a working idea we get this play.
  • This TW is such a joke.
    What were you thinking CG?
    One example:
    One of our guild members has literally only two super viable squads: His Nightsisters and his Rex, GK, Nihilus, Wampa & KRU squad.
    Guess what, both his squads are now 100% useless. He's put everything into those two squads and the characters in them and now he's sitting out this TW because he's got nothing else really well geared to contribute (he's one of the lower GP members of our guild). He's really upset, you killed this TW for him.
    I'm upset.
    We're all upset:
    There's 49 other players in our guild who think this idea is the worst.
    Please think a little more carefully about 'shaking things up' if this is what the result will be....
  • Everyone should just give CG a break ... everyone knows that they have a sign.

2dd815a2365d3a3be87d944dc50cba24.jpg

Bless your heart, CG.
  • It will be over in 44 hours or so...meh
  • Please fix TW. The "community" never wanted this crud.
  • LvG4M3R wrote: »
    I just wish they actually wanted our feedback. When they first asked us about this idea, they werent asking for our opinion. It was alrdy in the works, they just wanted to gauge how well they thought they did. They certainly wont do this again but they also wont acknowledge that our feedback for this event was completely irrelevent, they were gonna do it anyway thinking they were being creative. cause bottomline, if this event was based off of the feedback from the forum, it never would have happened. Dont let them lie to your face on top of taking away your fun factor

you are completely right, this is actually worse than the event itself
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Compounding the idio-tic decision making in going through with this idea, why are there still 25 squads/zone required to be filled? So we remove 28 characters people have worked hard on building teams around for "fun" no reason whatsoever and now guilds still need to place 25 teams in each zone? The dumb get dumber.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    It will be over in 44 hours or so...meh

That's not allowed. You have to be outraged unless you work for CG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don’t like the exclusion rules. I did like the bonus that random hero received. Not really happy with not being able to use all the characters I worked hard to unlock.

More guild events and events in general please.

Other than that, I have loved all the other additions.
  • They must've hired Rian Johnson as their new "Territory War Director"
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Guys, at this point something to remember is the CG Devs have put their necks out on this one. We need to keep that in mind. As much as I am not a fan (to put it mildly), it's here, we have no choice but to avoid it or deal with it.

There are people asking for CG employees to get fired. Too late to light the torches and then think the mob won't burn the house down.

What's sad is how many people want a bunch of strangers' livelihoods ruined just because they can't use Revan or Traya for one day.

No, what's sad is you refuse to pick a side of the fence and stay there. Love us or loathe us, but spare us your indecision.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2019

What's sad is how many people want a bunch of strangers' livelihoods ruined just because they can't use Revan or Traya for one day.

this event has had consequences beyond just “can’t use revan or traya for one day,” for example i know of several people who are looking for refunds through apple for violating terms of service, if I were to make such an error at my job then I would possibly be looking at the door, so it’s not so over the top to call for someone’s job when real money is involved, as in all of the community’s real money.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019

No, what's sad is you refuse to pick a side of the fence and stay there. Love us or loathe us, but spare us your indecision.

Is this parody? Because it makes no sense.

Calling for CG employees to be fired over this is ridiculous. Anyone who doesn't think so has lost all sense of perspective.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Expressing my dislike in hopes that CG will hear the feedback and try something else next time around.
  • In many jobs, if someone decided an action that was as horribly poorly reveived by paying customers, they would be let go or demoted. Why is it different?
  • I don't like the current territory war format. It messes with all my teams. I get what you were going for but just don't like it.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I dont always agree with you, but when I do i am beyond irritated. Fact of the matter is they are trying something new. Why? Cause we ask for new things. Do i think this is a good idea, nope. I dont like not being able to use my whole roster either.

That being said I thought it would be fun to play some characters that have just been collecting dust. So you cant use Revan, neither can I. So you cant use Nest, neither can I. It's still an equal playing field, what was banned for one person was banned for all of us. This mode actually rewards the players that gear their characters up and dont just save everything for what's next.

Anywho, the good news us 50% of you will come out winners!
  • This is not the fault of one employee, it’s a failure of leadership. Someone had a bad idea sure, but it was approved by leadership with no creativity or vision. That’s what’s truly disheartening.

CG, take ownership of this. If it’s bad, admit it, ensure it won’t be repeated, and move on with better ideas using actual community feedback. Don’t pass the buck to the community and act like this was our idea. Own it, end it, move on.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Thank you for all your feedback on the event and for joining us as we experiment with mixing up the Territory Wars formula. This in an ongoing process that we will continue to iterate on. The Territory Wars after this one will have a different structure but we want to let you know that this something we will continue to change over time and is definitely not set in stone.

Now the exciting conclusion! And the winner of the Community Poll is… BoatyMcboatFace… no that’s not right but we have the results for who you want to include in this Territory War! (Don’t worry, we removed all the bot votes for Boaty and Ugnaught.)

Please note that the January Calendar has been updated and the the preview phase for this special Territory Wars event will start on January 14th. See the updated calendar here.

Poll Results:
    The following characters were chosen by the community to remain available for this Territory War:

7fm4OK5.png

Our Picks:
    • GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
    • GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
    • GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot

Unavailable Characters:
    The following characters were included in the poll but were not chosen by the community or Capital Games. These characters will be unavailable for the next Territory Wars:
    • Group 1: Jedi Knight Revan, Colonel Starck, Dengar, HK-47
    • Group 4: Darth Traya, IG-88, Jedi Knight Anakin, Death Trooper
    • Group 8: Darth Nihilus, Nightsister Zombie, Jolee, Shorestrooper
    • Group 10: General Kenobi, Asajj Ventress, First Order Officer, Jango Fett
    • CG’s Group: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
    CG_SvenGG wrote: »

Hi everyone, I’m Sven. You may remember me as the designer behind Bastila Shan (Fallen).

I wanted to provide a little more context for why we chose the groups we did for our picks.

We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams (for example: eliminating Bastila after Revan was removed would be more punishing for Jedi than we wanted). We also noticed that the general pattern of community voting was to target some of the most frustrating characters to play against. Of all the characters in the Capital Games groups, Enfys Nest stood out as falling into a similarly frustrating play pattern while not directly disabling or targeting specific squads, so we decided to keep the other three groups. Have fun in the Cantina! We’ll be paying attention to your feedback as we continue to explore new ways to keep Territory Wars fresh and fun.

DEV POST

• Loved the boosted characters, this one is trash. Next one the players should get to vote on their rewards with write in ballots available.
  • camper288
    211 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Broxxor wrote: »
    They're closing any criticizing posts. Might want to watch it.

And what do they want? Praise? They will not have. They did the best they could do is give the first prize of this TW to everyone as an excuse and give back specific bonuses.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Highly disappointed. Adding special buffs to certain toons for the TW is understandle but to completely remove toons for use from TW is asinine.
  • I am sooo Dark about this I’ve been playing this game for well over a year and spent far too much money lol.

I also have spent quite a lot time farming shards and gearing up characters which I now feel was a complete waste of time as they now cannot be used to help my Guild in TW.

Very unhappy about this
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    65r3kabzru05.png

Oh look an in game pop up about the changes nobody wanted...smack dab in the middle of TW that anyone not in the forums, didn’t know was changing.
    Bravo CG, you guys really know how to make a bad situation worse

I note they're trying to frame it as if we chose to keep these toons.

We didnt vote to keep toons. CG, you ignored the community and you chose to remove them after a tiny proportion of your community voted on who to remove, including scripted bots that hijacked your incredibly naiive internet based poll.

What's even worse is that they were too lazy to actually have a list ANYWHERE in game of the toons they banned.

Bad idea, communicated badly, executed badly.
  • Don't like one bit as well...
    Trash idea, only 2 teams still stand in my roster, and I can't decide whether to put them in offense or defense.
    I've never complained before, but CG, this idea is absolute crap!
  • This new TW format is terrible. Thank you for removing many characters I worked hard to farm that are key points to many of my teams. This will definitely have me reconsidering future TW participation.
  • My teams are messed with- so are their’s.
    I am hoping I they have put some things together differently than us.
    It’s not really strategy if I am just building the team that YouTube told me was the best.

I am not saying this was done perfectly :)
    Try it out, hopefully your opponents won’t have a cheat sheet on the exact counter for the five you put together!
This discussion has been closed.