Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• We will end up playing with Lobot, Jawas, ugnaught, tusken chaman... and so on in TW. After the time and effort you put leveling your teams.... to be banned. I haven't read this trough but Im assuming its because some teams were harder to beat or almost impossible and some complained about it. AND? Level up your chars, plan a strategy and try again. Nowadays you can even use money to lvl up quickly.
    I wonder if I should level the BH ships for the new event...only the be banned after a while.
    Sry not a native English speaker.
  • Methuselah_79
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Whomever had brilliant idea of banning toons (and) let this happen needs to be fired!!!!!! On what planet woud you think that loosing somethin that one had spent so much time and possibly money on just for TW would be fun!?!?!??? Never in the history of having FUN has there ever been FUN when something is banned.
    I love this game but this is the dumbest thing EVER!!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • This sucks! You make us pay out the nose for certain characters then you prevent them from being used in a whole game mode!? Boosting a few toons was mildly entertaining. Preventing us from using our rosters IS HORRIBLE! Why on earth would think anyone would want this?!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    I see they're still ostriching this topic. Literally avoiding it. Hey @CG_SBCrumb a community manager should be engaging this topic and trying to mitigate this disaster. Wish I could ignore my responsibilities where I worked.
    The thing is, he addressed it by going through with it. The community doesn't like it so its still complaining. No amount of addressing will prevent the people from complaining. Might as well not bother with series of responses
    DemonR wrote: »
    In many jobs, if someone decided an action that was as horribly poorly reveived by paying customers, they would be let go or demoted. Why is it different?
    In many jobs, employers work together with employees to prevent something like this to happen again. A good employer retains its employees, retrains / reprimands / educates them. Nobody would work for someone who will fire you at every little mistake. The whole firing thing is a trend lately only for major headline stories where the employer is backed into a corner. Lets not turn every little incident into a huge news story. Not everyone entering the workforce is bona fide profession who makes no mistakes. Have you never made a mistake / had a bad customer interaction in your life?

We've expressed our dissatisfaction, now we can hope it doesn't repeat and try to enjoy the game for what it is
  • So mod swaps fron the banned characters does not seem to have worked. Grrrrr
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    I see they're still ostriching this topic. Literally avoiding it. Hey @CG_SBCrumb a community manager should be engaging this topic and trying to mitigate this disaster. Wish I could ignore my responsibilities where I worked.
    The thing is, he addressed it by going through with it. The community doesn't like it so its still complaining. No amount of addressing will prevent the people from complaining. Might as well not bother with series of responses
    DemonR wrote: »
    In many jobs, if someone decided an action that was as horribly poorly reveived by paying customers, they would be let go or demoted. Why is it different?
    In many jobs, employers work together with employees to prevent something like this to happen again. A good employer retains its employees, retrains / reprimands / educates them. Nobody would work for someone who will fire you at every little mistake. The whole firing thing is a trend lately only for major headline stories where the employer is backed into a corner. Lets not turn every little incident into a huge news story. Not everyone entering the workforce is bona fide profession who makes no mistakes. Have you never made a mistake / had a bad customer interaction in your life?

We've expressed our dissatisfaction, now we can hope it doesn't repeat and try to enjoy the game for what it is

you make some very good points, especially about preventing it and retraining vs firing

however, they should respond in some form or fashion beyond just “going through with it”
  • I keep getting stuck on the "I spent real money" argument.

Everyone that has used that to validate their position needs to rethink, well, their position.

You gave them money for a short term advantage. You give them money to make the grind a little easier. You gave them money because you liked the shiney new toy they showed you. You didn't BUY anything. BEST case scenario, you are RENTING every toon you gave them money for.

And you knew when you hit the buy button that it was a temporary purchase of a digital item.

You paid for the ability to play the game, which you can still do; albeit at a rather inconvenient disadvantage this time around.

**DISCLAIMER**
    I dislike this as much as (most) everyone else. I just wish people would retain an accurate perspective.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    So mod swaps fron the banned characters does not seem to have worked. Grrrrr

@John_Matrix1985 I just checked my Pao and he has mods in the TW and no mods outside it. Seems to be working for me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So mod swaps fron the banned characters does not seem to have worked. Grrrrr

Did you swap them before the locked in time a few hours ago and leave them there past that lockout time? That is one possible reason. If not, put in a ticket about it so you can show it's buggy.
  • Wiam
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vote of no Confidence for sure. Can't use certain characters?

EA... How out of touch with your fans are you? Not only is there an obvious Greed factor but now, for once, I feel bad for all the people who put money into this game as of late. Not everyone is apart of these forums, 90% of my guild have no idea why this is happening and have had zero notice. They feel ripped off myself included.

Ya done goofed.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I have been seeing comments in chat stating how stupid the changes are in the TW and if the truth be known I agree. In fact I think the changes are asinine myself. The TW was fine the way it was and it gave players a chance to put together some good squads with what they have both offensively and defensively. With the new restrictions players are possibly going to lose interest for one reason or another. I think the TW should go back to the old way.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    9boplmzwhrxj.jpeg

That’s what I think of this TW

If I could have just put Rose in by herself, I would.

That’s all the effort it will see from me, not doing offense. It’s a garbage TW.

I understand your frustration but if that was going to be your attitude you shouldn't have signed up. At this point you will only be hurting your guildmates.
  • I cannot believe that ANYONE thought that this was a good idea. I spent so much time building my squads and they pull this??? If you can’t beat the “banned” characters, BUILD YOUR SQUAD!!! I will not spend another dime on this game. So disgusted...
  • Who the hell voted in this trash??
  • This is not fun.
  • Such a scam lets take away toons people spent time farming. Just another way to try to get into everyone's check book. Complete horse poo
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    9boplmzwhrxj.jpeg

That’s what I think of this TW

If I could have just put Rose in by herself, I would.

That’s all the effort it will see from me, not doing offense. It’s a garbage TW.

I understand your frustration but if that was going to be your attitude you shouldn't have signed up. At this point you will only be hurting your guildmates.

Not at all. We discussed it, we may have a wall of it for some lucky guild.

We’re all impressed by this genius TW decision by CG

Hmm, wonder if we are in the same guild. My guild is doing a throw away TW as well, it is really upsetting me. I wish they just wouldnt have signed up if they didnt want really participate. CG looks at participation rates for determining success of events. So if you signed up you are really only hurting yourself.

Two prime examples is a few years new characters were introduced in a tournament style event and when complaints increased AND participation dropped they made a change. The other were the Wicket and MT events which where going to be the only way you could earn shards for these characters, but people complained AND participation dropped so they moved the shards to hard node farms as well.

I know everyone is going to keep playing thoughcause its gets you a zeta and some tokens for gear. And at the end of the day is it really so bad that Phoenix just became slightly more viable again?
  • Shantaram
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I just couldn't do it....6 of my 8 defence squads, none of them at all weak in any way, were damaged (some completely gutted) and I just don't care enough to work out new ones. Way to go killing TW, Capital Games...I presume that's your actual long term plan!

6ndv6ca0m1dv.jpg

I'll take my zeta mat, but I was rather hoping to win TW for my new, lower GP guild. They're quite rightly disappointed in both you and me!
  • This vote really sucks, like we players are fed **** by you wise Capital Game. Some of us spent lots of cash and time on our heroes, and then they are now banned. Why not you just keep TW as it used to be. I doubt you hired a new manager from Tencent Game, because now you seems putting all efforts on making money instead of creating an art for SW fans.
  • This vote really sucks, like we players are fed **** by you wise Capital Game. Some of us spent lots of cash and time on our heroes, and then they are now banned. Why not you just keep TW as it used to be. I doubt you hired a new manager from Tencent Game, because now you seems putting all efforts on making money instead of creating an art for SW fans.
  • Princerhaegar4
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    After reading the forums it is evident that CG has not responded to any of the communities concerns. It's also devious when they say "the community" has chosen which toons to ban for TW. CG gave a list and one had to pick, understood; but they were gonna ban some either way. This way by saying that they give the illusion of free choice to the community. What happened to promises saying CG will be more active with lines of dialogue with the community? Seems like politicians promising the world and nada comes of it. One can only ignore the community (consumers) for so long until pockets are hurt. I am in no way attacking anyone, just calling it how I see it. Savvy..... Thoughts?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    They said they will review the community's comments in a previous 60 page megathread which was mostly dissatisfaction. From what I can tell about CG is that they don't have any malicious intent and care about the game and the community. It takes time to review everything, especially when they just got back from the break last week I think

The community needs to be patient. I don't think future TW will repeat this but we'll just have to see
  • A bunch of people have made it known that that they don’t anticipate enjoying this TW, of course none of us have played it yet. If the post TW feedback supports this and then CG does the same thing for the next one...that would be ignoring the comments.

We can’t call them out for not paying attention until at least the next TW comes out to see what modifications have been made.
  • My whole guild is engaged at this. Do they realize that people who have Revan paid dearly for him?... literally. What a joke.
  • I think you're totally missing the point of people's hard work and ones who spend money getting toons up to par. All then to be told you can't use them. Anyone who really plays this game knows the idea of curbing toons for said playlist is ridiculous. Not shaking things up in a good way. Lazy planning if anything. If they interacted more with their community they would know this.
  • They have a horrible Public Relations/Customer Service department. They don’t respond to the vast majority of their customers’ complaints and when they do deign to acknowledge them, it’s weeks or even months later. To be fair, I do not think this is the Devs fault. I have a sneaking suspicion it’s the head company’s policies and procedures preventing the Devs from engaging with us. You basically have two groups of people - Management at EA and CG who are only interested in making money, and front line people like the Devs who enjoy and design the game. Management could care less about the game aside from its profitability. On the flip side I would venture to say the Devs would love to engage with us more but management prevents them from doing so. Knowing this doesn’t make it any better for us, the customers, though.
  • I will give this TW credit for one thing: This is the most active my guild chat has been in quite a while. Even people who don't usually talk are joining in on the discussion...

...of how frustrating and unfun this is.
  • They are extremely chatty with the players. Its an experiment. Have fun.
This discussion has been closed.