Months of progress down the drain again!

Replies

• DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited January 2019

I was looking for some validation on this myself. I will get 5 Star. Have 23k saved up. Was thinking of burning through but really wanna save as missed out on Revan first go around. Only affected my arena for a week or two while I figured out how to beat Revan consistently but fell far in HSR with the phase 2 damage.

i do the 50 energy refreshes a day and refresh each bh node once. I already have ht 7 star because I use it so it's only 2 nodes. So a total of 250 crystals. After recalculating, I'll probably hit 6 stars before the event closes (depending on when it starts) and If I'm close I'll likely spend crystals to push it over the edge.

But I don't think you get sufficient value from 7 star vs 6 star to be worth the 16K of crystals it would cost to buy 200 shards from the store.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I was looking for some validation on this myself. I will get 5 Star. Have 23k saved up. Was thinking of burning through but really wanna save as missed out on Revan first go around. Only affected my arena for a week or two while I figured out how to beat Revan consistently but fell far in HSR with the phase 2 damage.

i do the 50 energy refreshes a day and refresh each bh node once. I already have ht 7 star because I use it so it's only 2 nodes. So a total of 250 crystals. After recalculating, I'll probably hit 6 stars before the event closes (depending on when it starts) and If I'm close I'll likely spend crystals to push it over the edge.

But I don't think you get sufficient value from 7 star vs 6 star to be worth the 16K of crystals it would cost to buy 200 shards from the store.

Agreed, I'm in the same place. 7 star would only be worth it if there was a ship raid imo.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't think falcoln will make ht useless by any means. Even if you switch to mostly rebels under ackbar, I think ht will still be a good plug and play tank in that team. And It'll probably last off the line better than biggs against an enemy falcoln if the footage released is anything to go by. So far from useless. Also for other game modes It's good to have two good fleets. So if you have a strong ds fleet with bh and a strong ls fleet with rebels you'll do well.

Disclaimer: be careful judging beta footage. It can be misleading. The footage makes falcoln look extremely op but so does the beta footage of every new release. Some are op and some aren't. The footage could be showing g12 rebels vs g10 enemies and it may be less op when you don't have g12 on everyone or your opponent also has everyone g12.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gearing ghost, phantom, bistan, and cassians ship is NO one friendly. P2W or F2P thats just a massive gear dump for a game mode that has next to zero content...

These ships and toons have been around forever. Any F2P could easily done these by now.

Depends really. It is true that they could be maxed for free, but for an f2p that’s at a really big opportunity cost. Phoenix is a massive gear blackhole although the phantom’s pilots are really worth gearing. Rogue one is pretty meh and is another gear sink itself. These 4 ships require multiple pilots, making it even more costly than say geonosians.

That said though, at least these toons have some use outside. Geos are quite worthless elsewhere at the moment.

Agreed, I'm in the same place. 7 star would only be worth it if there was a ship raid imo.

Yeah if there was content that req it, it might be worth it. But as is I think my stash is better spent on the new or toons when they hit. I plan on doing 3 or 4 refreshes on the hard node toons a day from the moment they hit and at least 3 cantina refreshes a day for any cantina toons.

Depends where the bottleneck is though. I haven't bought shards from the store because that is the most expensive way to get them. I'll do that at the end if needed but will try to farm somewhat evenly so a faction pack for crystals may work better at the end.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    My guess is we'll get a ship raid as the big new content for this year, but by the time it happens I think the Falcon event will have returned.
    Gearing ghost, phantom, bistan, and cassians ship is NO one friendly. P2W or F2P thats just a massive gear dump for a game mode that has next to zero content...

These ships and toons have been around forever. Any F2P could easily done these by now.

Depends really. It is true that they could be maxed for free, but for an f2p that’s at a really big opportunity cost. Phoenix is a massive gear blackhole although the phantom’s pilots are really worth gearing. Rogue one is pretty meh and is another gear sink itself. These 4 ships require multiple pilots, making it even more costly than say geonosians.

That said though, at least these toons have some use outside. Geos are quite worthless elsewhere at the moment.

The way I see it if you run falcoln with rebels you need to eventually gear a few rebel ships but most of your competitors are in the same boat so no huge hurry.

My choices are ghost and phantom, biggs, and wedge to start. Ghost and phantom are gear sinks but Phoenix are at least marginally usefull in most aspects of the game and mine are already g10 or so because of this. Biggs, already geared for many because his ship has been great forever. Mine is g11. Wedge is good in seveal areas in a b team rebel team especially with biggs so not too much of a waste.

That gives you five rebel ships which is plenty to take advantage of synergy. Add ht and vader which I think would plug into reinforcements or on the line just fine and you have a competitive fleet.

Sure you could also gear up other rebel ships but you really only need a few for the synergy.

Or it is possible that falcoln can work in a non rebel lineup if you are absolutely ahainst gearing rebel pilots.
    My guess is we'll get a ship raid as the big new content for this year, but by the time it happens I think the Falcon event will have returned.

Yeah if it were coming soon, I think they would have announced it by now to encourage spending on the falcoln.

I would expect it to arrive before the Falcon event returns. See below for why ;)
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah if it were coming soon, I think they would have announced it by now to encourage spending on the falcoln.

Not their style. They'd rather announce/release the ship raid, with some sort of mechanics that make the Falcon the linchpin of the optimal team to deal with heroic, after the Falcon event is over, because it is future conditioning--don't miss out on any 7* legendary if you want to be able to complete/compete in future content, because you never know what's going to be needed! If they announced now, then people might spend for Falcon, but the next legendary that comes without an announcement people won't. If they don't announce now and people who miss out on 7* Falcon learn they are behind the 8-ball for future content a few weeks from now, they'll be more likely to spend on future legendaries to prevent that from happening.

• "With constant dispels on its basic, it will be pretty strong against HT. Not brokenly strong, but still a somewhat effective counter if you combine it with buff immunities etc. Still though, my point stands."

HT Trandoshan Barricade will re-acquire the taunt for one turn if an enemy has been breached - plays into BH synergies and XB, maybe occurring less often, but not the HT killer it could have been *actual gameplay may vary*
  • I think the falcoln removing buffs with be somewhat effective against ht. It'll remove bonus protection and then the first ally that is called will deal dmg but ht will put up more bonus protection that any other assists will have to work through.

So some effectiveness but it is limited. Only the first two or three hits will count of the assists. And if you already have buff immunity you dont need the dispel all that much.

The way I see it if you run falcoln with rebels you need to eventually gear a few rebel ships but most of your competitors are in the same boat so no huge hurry.

My choices are ghost and phantom, biggs, and wedge to start. Ghost and phantom are gear sinks but Phoenix are at least marginally usefull in most aspects of the game and mine are already g10 or so because of this. Biggs, already geared for many because his ship has been great forever. Mine is g11. Wedge is good in seveal areas in a b team rebel team especially with biggs so not too much of a waste.

That gives you five rebel ships which is plenty to take advantage of synergy. Add ht and vader which I think would plug into reinforcements or on the line just fine and you have a competitive fleet.

Sure you could also gear up other rebel ships but you really only need a few for the synergy.

Or it is possible that falcoln can work in a non rebel lineup if you are absolutely ahainst gearing rebel pilots.

U need ackbar lead, not everyone has a geared ackbar. Most go for thrawn or tarkin with the other as backup. That's pretty much the main exclusive synergy that falcon has. The rest are somewhat replaceable.

I still see HT as possibly part of the starting lineup. Possibly HT Biggs Ghost, followed by phantom then falcon. Then on ackbars next turn after falcon, u get ur ultimate.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Op is comparing nerfs to new, better characters coming out? Hmm
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Not all nerfs have to be changes to the unit. If they release a character and then shortly after they release their ultimate Counter how is that not a nerf
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Not all nerfs have to be changes to the unit. If they release a character and then shortly after they release their ultimate Counter how is that not a nerf

It's not, you're using the term wrong. You're talking about power creep, not nerfs.

U need ackbar lead, not everyone has a geared ackbar. Most go for thrawn or tarkin with the other as backup. That's pretty much the main exclusive synergy that falcon has. The rest are somewhat replaceable.

I still see HT as possibly part of the starting lineup. Possibly HT Biggs Ghost, followed by phantom then falcon. Then on ackbars next turn after falcon, u get ur ultimate.

Gearing ackbar isn't all that hard. It takes a little time but it's only one toon. I'd guess mist late game players have home one's abilities maxed for battles tgat req ls. Either that or they have a crap ton of ship prestige saved up.

• Ultra wrote: »
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
    No he wouldn't

The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes. What's the point of bragging if you are F2P if you get everything Day 1 anyways

Go talk to all the Free to Play who unlocked Revan & will get the OT Falcon on the first go around. Then get back me me.

F2p here and I'll get falcon at least 5*, 6* depending on shard shipment availability.

In my experience f2p is always going to be 1 meta behind the curve in arena but with very good planning you can be just a half step behind the meta in fleet (mainly how many stars your ships have, you inherently won't be at the same place as whales).

As others said it essentially comes down to whether you want to farm favorite toons or read the auguries to farm for the next meta shift. I've found the latter the best option as you are decently competitive in pvp being only a step or so behind and naturally gives you strong teams for TB (basically former meta teams & ad hoc teams of toons you built to get the new meta).

Basically its planning for most bang for your buck. Unless the toon is like Bossk or KRU there's no need to farm & gear the new toons if you already built 5 toons up for the faction.

Also my bit of advice: for any third string pve team always maximize the pilots in the team. That way you can better keep up with the fleet meta by having a number of g11/12 pilots.

Repear btw is still super useful to me in swinging matches in my favor against enemies with faster cap ships. Sure you can't stun lock the enemy cap ship with a single kill but it can turn a loosing fight in your favor. I plan on keeping it in my reinforcements even after falcon hits for that reason.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

what TVF said, but also, do you think no new toons should be at least as powerful as older toons? You would really prefer no one be stronger than poe/cls/ep/jtr/traya/revan/etc etc? seems sub-optimal...

ps shortly??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
    No he wouldn't

The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes. What's the point of bragging if you are F2P if you get everything Day 1 anyways

.. To prove that youre smarter than others?

I agree with op. Its not that I want to be rank1 for years, but I could enjoy my traya for 1 month, 7star ht for 2 months.. Both taking like 6 months to build. We want to play with our toys when we finally get them!

A lot of guys in my guild who recently unlocked Traya are really enjoying her a little farther down in the arena standings. If you had unlocked Traya a few months ago you would be enjoying her at the top - but it’s obviously a little late for that now. If I had just finished starring my wiggs this week I couldn’t make a post wondering why I couldn’t enjoy some arena dominance for at least a few weeks ;)
    Traya is Still a totally necessary character to have in your toolkit of course! If you didn’t have her yet she still Would be a top priority for you.
    Antares wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.

Well I guess I could have farmed blood and IG this whole time instead of Jango and Embo who both happen to be two of my favorite all time SW characters. Then I would probably be able to get falcon at 5 or 6 stars on the first time. So essentially I'd be choosing between Jango/Embo or falcon. It's almost brutal to constantly put people in this position.

That's what this game does. You can choose to try and keep up with the latest and greatest, or farm just for what you're interested in. Or pay and do both. Your choice.

Plenty of people farm the second way and don't worry so much about "winning" all the time. Perhaps you'd be happier that way too.

I feel like you might be an employee for CG....

What a ridiculous statement.

Point out a single thing wrong with my post. And furthermore, a CG employee would encourage people to chase the meta to encourage spending. They'd never say to people "hey you can be perfectly happy just doing your own thing."

Nothing is “wrong” about your post. But you do swoop in any time someone even breathes a criticism about the game. And of course you don’t encourage chasing the meta....it’d be too obvious 😉.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @TVF = the fabled Bothan spy!
  • I don't think falcoln will make ht useless by any means. Even if you switch to mostly rebels under ackbar, I think ht will still be a good plug and play tank in that team. And It'll probably last off the line better than biggs against an enemy falcoln if the footage released is anything to go by. So far from useless. Also for other game modes It's good to have two good fleets. So if you have a strong ds fleet with bh and a strong ls fleet with rebels you'll do well.

Disclaimer: be careful judging beta footage. It can be misleading. The footage makes falcoln look extremely op but so does the beta footage of every new release. Some are op and some aren't. The footage could be showing g12 rebels vs g10 enemies and it may be less op when you don't have g12 on everyone or your opponent also has everyone g12.

Anakin already blows up HT pretty easily. HMF is just the icing on the cake

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    @TVF = the fabled Bothan spy!

Oh my goodness!
  • Don't worry, I'm sure after the next couple legendaries we'll 6 or so months of straight marquee characters. CG aren't exactly great at scheduling
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    JediKingz wrote: »
    wuxj9d7mlb6z.png

nice one Crumb
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Well, I'm glad the devs are communicating with us again, even if its through burner accounts

Gearing ackbar isn't all that hard. It takes a little time but it's only one toon. I'd guess mist late game players have home one's abilities maxed for battles tgat req ls. Either that or they have a crap ton of ship prestige saved up.

I run an alt too (~2.3m gp), so i can tell that almost nobody uses homeone at lower gp ranks, it’s nearly all tarkins with a couple of thrawns. Most don’t have a geared ackbar, or wedge, or rogue one, or phoenix. This is largely due to how weak ackbar is now, as compared to when ships first came out.

For my main tho, yea i can forsee ackbar appearing with falcon.
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    I have a F2P guy in my guild that hoarded crystals from getting 1st in fleet. (They’ll hoard 30,000... 2.5 months worth of 1st place fleet crystals). Then he gets Revan... he starts taking 1st in Squad arena. That’s another 400-500 crystals a day...

Not sure how long he’s been playing But that’s how you win as Free to play. That makes up to 900 x 30 = 27,000 crystals per month... which honestly effectually that’s more crystals than most p2p buy.

That said my shard is 11 months old. I get 1st in Fleet every day. (12,000 crystals/month). I never hoard crystals haha so I settle for top 500 in arena (and because I don’t really enjoy squad arena). Getting Revan/C3PO would have been incredibly challenging... unlocking OT Falcon... child’s play. All you had to do is spend the energy on those nodes each day since release to unlock it at 5*.

Yeah but you can't save 900 crystals per day if you want to keep up on the latest meta farms and mods. It's realistically more like 200-300 tops. If you want to get to the point where you can unlock meta toons on the first go around you need to be spending 300 on cantina refreshes, 150 on reg refreshes, and 150 on mods, plus ship refreshes.

I guess if your sole focus was farming Bounty Hunter Ships then yeah it'd be easy to get to the 5 stars required, but your average f2p is still finishing off the Revan farming requirements, plus three other things they are still behind on.

Hi.

First in fleet and arena most days. Done with OR. Have 7* Chewie and C3PO. Will have a 6* Falcon. Cut back on cantina and mod refreshes (down to zero past few weeks) in order to throw all my refreshes at the XB and 2000.

Didn't have to spend a dime for any of this.

Yeah, but you went from like 90 in arena a month ago to 1 now. You've been playing for two plus years and caught a break because you had spent some time on Ewoks is my guess.

A f2p can catch a meta here and there, but they aren't doing it consistently unless they've been playing forever.

And that ignores the fact that I've built a 22k crystal stash (maybe 6k of which was purchased)..

Hypocrite.
    You can try to look smart, but youre clearly not. Youre where you are because you spend on the game. This statement of yours prove youre not FTP.
    FTP is a one way road. Once you go P2Win youll always be there as all your current crystal income benefits from your previous spending step by step.