Getting back purple ability materials once used?

Hey people, i don't know if someone has already thought about it, but I think we (the players) should request that ability materials (specially purple ones) could be taken back from the characters so they can be used in other characters we want to upgrade. I think my idea is reasonable and a lot of players would like It. I really don't know where to post this on the forums so I will be gratefull for any help. Thumbs up if you like my idea

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I wish there was a dislike button to show the opposite
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    One of the main ideas in this game is resource management. Materials and gear come in at a certain pace and we all have to make hard choices on where they go.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I don't because I'd set a new forum record every day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I don't because I'd set a new forum record every day.
    You'd be in for some serious competition
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    One of the main ideas in this game is resource management. Materials and gear come in at a certain pace and we all have to make hard choices on where they go.

I totally agree but players like me who doesn't spend money on the game are in disadvantage taking into account that those ability materials can be purchased and the same happens with gear.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    You'll get to a point where you'll have hundreds of those purple mats, even as a ftp.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I totally agree but players like me who doesn't spend money on the game are in disadvantage taking into account that those ability materials can be purchased and the same happens with gear.

That's what people pay for: an advantage.
  • Options

I promise I’m not trying to sound like a **** here, but what do you think the players who spend money on this game so you can play for free should get?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

correct players are paying to have an advantage. There are also many players who dont spend money and are able to keep up. if you play for free, you need to manage resources better, that is all.
  • Options

I’ve wasted many purple abilities, yet I face that problem like a man head on and accept the hard facts. You can’t get them back. It’d feel like I wasn’t working towards something I wanted to. It wouldn’t be like ‘ah, I did it!’ Type of feeling.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Later in your game, the bottle neck will not be the purple ability materials - even for F2P players. If they are at your current stage, simply spend them wisely. Spend them only on characters, you are using. You will enough materials soon enough.
  • Options
    One thing you'll run into if the game allowed removing mats and down gearing would be folks removing them just for the sake of Grand Arena. This way they can lower the power of toons they will not use and become matched up with folks with lower GP. This would cause an unfair advantage and then spawn a new strategy that would be an even bigger headache for everyone to have to take the time to strip down toons they won't use in order to not face even more powerful opponent. But, you do get 9 chances a week in daily challenges to earn mats, so I really don't see a reason to remove them from other toons. Patience is key.