Content Update 1/9/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

  • Dk_rek
    3136 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I wish people really would hang it up like they constantly threaten. The forums would be much more pleasant.

    Or, and bear with me here, cg could just stop kitenning every aspect of every thing they try doing.

    Which do the players who are complaining have more control over?

    Also to add, I really wish people would stop with the ridiculous hyperbole.

    I think your out of luck..even people who "say" they quit the game still spam forums and reddit.

    Honestly I get why a lot of people may not like this TW change especially if they dumped a ton of cash into a char.. But I never imagined that THIS was the one issue that would draw so much disdain.....
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    OK, per the devs, all of your GP will count for TW matchmaking, including the GP of banned characters.

    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.... So what you are saying is having more Traya's and Revan's than your opponent is actually hurting you in this TW? Ummm.... not sure what to say....
  • ShaggyB
    727 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    OK, per the devs, all of your GP will count for TW matchmaking, including the GP of banned characters.

    If thats the case, our guild should probably post 60mil gp to get our zeta and then not play
  • 3pourr2
    1917 posts Member
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    OK, per the devs, all of your GP will count for TW matchmaking, including the GP of banned characters.

    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.... So what you are saying is having more Traya's and Revan's than your opponent is actually hurting you in this TW? Ummm.... not sure what to say....

    Would you rather have lower gp for a lower reward bracket?
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    OK, per the devs, all of your GP will count for TW matchmaking, including the GP of banned characters.

    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.... So what you are saying is having more Traya's and Revan's than your opponent is actually hurting you in this TW? Ummm.... not sure what to say....

    Would you rather have lower gp for a lower reward bracket?

    That is a fair point. If you were close to that 120 mil bracket and this dropped you down below it then yes, that would be very upsetting. However, these changes really wouldn't put you at a disadvantage against your opponent because I am doubting there are a lot of people in a guild with less than 120mil GP that have Revan or Traya.

    In the higher brackets, having a lot of Revan's or Traya's can definitely be the deciding factor in who wins. The rewards really aren't that much different between the brackets. The difference comes in between 1st and 2nd so being put at an unfair advantage because you have more of the best characters in the game doesn't make sense.
  • catharsis wrote: »
    I just can not believe how do you guys manage to make the game more and more P2W and change everything that most of the people like???
    Maybe you should get some help about how can you make the game more fun and who to not make people annoyed from EA sports developer team
    To be able to earn more and more money from people by creating too many things in game, you are losing toooo many players everyday. To earn 100dolors from 1 people you lose 100players who spend 10dolors... I believe in 2 ways, 1 by changing all the fun things and making the game like a test server; and 2 financially you are not doing it right...

    How do you know they are not winning financially?
  • psyanyde wrote: »
    “Community”. Right... if you listened to the community this would never go live.

    If they listened too much on the community nothing would go live. Ever.
  • Stokat wrote: »
    psyanyde wrote: »
    “Community”. Right... if you listened to the community this would never go live.

    If they listened too much on the community nothing would go live. Ever.

    Really? Not a Death star raid? Not a GG rework? Not his Capital ship? Not a Practice game mode? Not f2p friendly weekly shipments? No store shard shuffle? No QoL updates? No Mythic tier of outdated raids?......

    We, the communuty clearly want things in a transparent, easy to understand manner.
    The problem is that they never listen and do completely different, illogical updates.

    For every new feature they implement or existing ones they change they do there are generally a number of loud voiced people critizising it. Sometimes they even implement stuff that the community has demanded for a long time and when they do there are still ppl complaining about it.

    I agree with all the stuff you mention above but my point is that the community is not a hive mind with a single opinion. Not everyone think that it is so terrible that they mix up the TWs with reatricted characters or giving bonuses to certain toons for ealxample. If they only listened to negative feedback they would never have implemented ships 2.0, mods 2.0, the sith raid, Grand Arena and so on. Some changes you will like, others you will not but it would be a very stale game if they never implemented new stuff because someone is negative about it.
  • UV_
    14 posts Member
    edited January 12
    So there were over 100 pages of negative feedback on the T-Wars characters banned and they just ignore us and go ahead with it!
    It must be a way to change such decision.
    Post edited by UV_ on
  • I hated having to explain to the NUMEROUS amounts of my guild members who never visit the forum why some of their favorites toons were unusable in our TW.... hopefully we dont make such stupid decisions again and absolutely refuse to inform the non forum visiting members of the game that some toons wont be usable in the war... What a joke.
  • This is not fun. This is not playful. Somehow you have turned one of my favorite game modes into a pile of hot garbage. Most of my teams are chopped up and wont function. I worked hard on making squads and I have a efficient roster and this feels like punishment. Please listen to the community and stop this madness.
  • "Territory Wars - Bend over anyone who invested in Bounty Hunters Style" should be the actual name, not this "community crap"
  • Who the hell voted for toons to be banned in TW????


    Boo hoo other people have stronger squads

    What's the point in working on toons just to not be allowed to use them

    This makes no sense


    If you voted for this then you are SOFT
  • TVF
    15164 posts Member
    Great haiku but it kinda missed the mark on traditional structure.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm still waiting to see this famous poll and how we got to banning the key toon for every nice team in the game.
  • This is such **** ****. I worked specifically on characters that would have an impact in TW and raids for the benefit of my guild and now every single one of my god damned teams is busted wide open aside from Phoenix. That was the only friggin team that was left in tact for this TW. Spending months on grinding up characters for squads to be used in TW to help my guild and now I'm literally a liability because I haven't dumped money into the game to buy less than useful characters and gear them up. **** this ****.
  • This TW is such a joke.
    What were you thinking CG?
    So one of our guild members has literally only two super viable squads: His Nightsisters and his Rex, GK, Nihilus, Wampa & KRU squad.
    Guess what, both his squads are now 100% useless. He's put everything into those two squads and the characters in them and so he's sitting out this TW because he's got nothing else really well geared (he's one of the lower GP members of our guild). He's upset. I'm upset, we're all upset.
    There's 49 other players in our guild who think this idea is the worst.
    Please think a little more carefully about 'shaking things up' if this is what the result will be....
  • The new TW sucks. It's a cash grab to spend on lousy characters. Stop screwing up the game programmers. You are spending too much energy trying to be cute.
  • Ultra
    3572 posts Member
    The new TW sucks. It's a cash grab to spend on lousy characters. Stop screwing up the game programmers. You are spending too much energy trying to be cute.
    Except its not a cash grab at all. Its a one time thing that lasts for 24 hours. There is no exotic toon that you have to spend on really quick to win. There is no special packs for purchase. They genuinely think this will be fun for the players
  • I was concerned that you would make TW less appealing than it already is.
    Here I sit holding your beer.
  • Isn't it bad enough that these new characters that no one has ever heard of introduce a ridiculous power creep into the game, while iconic characters such as Mace Windu continue to suck?
  • VonZant
    3842 posts Member
    HankShank wrote: »
    Isn't it bad enough that these new characters that no one has ever heard of introduce a ridiculous power creep into the game, while iconic characters such as Mace Windu continue to suck?

    I disagree with most posts in this thread. But this one? Yeah. Fix Mace please.

    It makes me Mushroom Cloud layin', supa-fly TNT, Guns of The Navaronne crazy with how bad he is.
  • Only one way to fix this: Next TW, we will only get to use the characters that were banned for this TW. The community has spoken.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    The new TW sucks. It's a cash grab to spend on lousy characters. Stop screwing up the game programmers. You are spending too much energy trying to be cute.
    Except its not a cash grab at all. Its a one time thing that lasts for 24 hours. There is no exotic toon that you have to spend on really quick to win. There is no special packs for purchase. They genuinely think this will be fun for the players

    Except that it’s a total breakup of workable teams. Sure for us at 3-4m it doesnt hurt that bad, but if u’re below 2.5m it gets painful since u may not have sufficient toons to cover.
  • Ultra
    3572 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    The new TW sucks. It's a cash grab to spend on lousy characters. Stop screwing up the game programmers. You are spending too much energy trying to be cute.
    Except its not a cash grab at all. Its a one time thing that lasts for 24 hours. There is no exotic toon that you have to spend on really quick to win. There is no special packs for purchase. They genuinely think this will be fun for the players

    Except that it’s a total breakup of workable teams. Sure for us at 3-4m it doesnt hurt that bad, but if u’re below 2.5m it gets painful since u may not have sufficient toons to cover.
    I agree and I'm not denying that at all but that doesn't make it a cash grab
  • Is there even a point to posting our gripes on here?

    No seriously, like do the devs read these?
  • Is there even a point to posting our gripes on here?

    No seriously, like do the devs read these?

    Nope. They never cared about feedback one bit. (hstr rewards, fleetminus2, jtr mark traya, nest nerf.. .) They dont need to. Its a job and they make plenty of money on the whales, not needing to adhere to any feedback.

    However, venting is healthy. Thats the point of these threads.
  • Ultra
    3572 posts Member
    Is there even a point to posting our gripes on here?

    No seriously, like do the devs read these?

    Nope. They never cared about feedback one bit. (hstr rewards, fleetminus2, jtr mark traya, nest nerf.. .) They dont need to. Its a job and they make plenty of money on the whales, not needing to adhere to any feedback.

    However, venting is healthy. Thats the point of these threads.
    All those things were a result of feedback

    hSTR rewards changed because of feedback. Nest was fixed because of feedback (bug report was submitted). Fleets 2.0 was them trying to make the battles shorter and more fun which was the negative feedback of the community; its another debate if it was well-done or well-received

    No idea what JTR mark Traya means
This discussion has been closed.