Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Orphu wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Orphu wrote: »
    Man, the whales are ****. CG, I for one love the salt.

People, we all have the same handicap so yeah, defense will be harder, FOR EVERYONE.

sheesh, bunch of whinging, entitled, frothing at the mouth, spoiled brats. It just might be fun to experiment with non-standard combos

Man, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that whales were the only ones complaining. Oh wait. I’m F2P and I’ve been saying this is a bad idea. Guess that makes me entitled, huh.
    Also, you should probably learn to spell before whining about everyone else here who has valid, logical reasons for disliking this idea.

zsqdbqb7ahyc.png
    Huh. I’m not British, dude. Anyways, my point still stands. You calling us brats was quite frankly rude when it’s obvious you have no inclination to actually listen to our reasoned complaints.
  • Beyol wrote: »
    I just look at it as the non usable toons are on the injured list. No need to weep about it. If this upsets you, then you might not like life out of your family home. Here is a secret, life sucks dogs nuggets.
    Beyol wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    You people do know it's for this one time, right?

What do you mean "you people"?

You don't know what that means? Back to school for you.

Trolling! What a great way to show how grown up you are!
  • Monel wrote: »
    Played SWG until the end, loved it.
    The end? You mean, November 15, 2005?

• Comet19 wrote: »

People, we all have the same handicap so yeah, defense will be harder, FOR EVERYONE.

sheesh, bunch of whinging, entitled, frothing at the mouth, spoiled brats. It just might be fun to experiment with non-standard combos

Man, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that whales were the only ones complaining. Oh wait. I’m F2P and I’ve been saying this is a bad idea. Guess that makes me entitled, huh.
    Also, you should probably learn to spell before whining about everyone else here who has valid, logical reasons for disliking this idea.

zsqdbqb7ahyc.png
    Huh. I’m not British, dude. Anyways, my point still stands. You calling us brats was quite frankly rude when it’s obvious you have no inclination to actually listen to our reasoned complaints.

I wouldn't bother. Whoever it is made this account to purposely troll here and cause a ruckus.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

zsqdbqb7ahyc.png

I wouldn't bother. Whoever it is made this account to purposely troll here and cause a ruckus.

I know. It’s fun baiting them.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

zsqdbqb7ahyc.png

I know. It’s fun baiting them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hetaBX00wtI
  • I already posted on here as an initial reaction, but I just wanted to say again that this format of TW is really frustrating. PLEASE don't do this again.
  • Banning / removing characters for TW, or any event...
    u2do2c7y7ayb.jpeg
  • The developers are trying to shake things up and I’m fine with that. The problem is there are no visible benefits to this change. There are several issues with making a significant number of characters unavailable for TW. The first and obvious issue is that people that have put the time in for those characters are now irritated. Since those characters are unavailable there are limited numbers of qualitty teams that can be fielded on both defense and offense. The squad limits were left at the previous caps. So guilds are deploying teams that would normally be saved for offense or setting significantly weakened defenses. Not a positive for strategy, and definitely not within the spirit of the game.
    The other major issue is that by making this change the developers have completely negated the benefits of previously installed upgrade- preset squads. The majority of my preset squads were missing at least one character and were rendered useless for this TW round. I agree that it forces me to try different synergies between squads which is something I should explore more often. However, a major event with guild rewards on the line is not the forum for that sort of experimentation. Maybe building on this idea and doing a separate event that doesn’t put end game gear on the line is where this idea can get some traction.

Developers; please don’t try to spin this with “we’ve had positive feedback from a significant portion of the community” again. Own up to the fact this wasn’t in the best interest of the game and move on from there. Folks enjoy the game but if you tell them this is what they wanted (when it clearly isn’t) you will start losing people to similar games. Marvel and Looney Tunes have similar platforms as do other popular name brands.

And it’s one time too many
  • Gotta love a game that tells YOU how you should be playing it. The new TW style is only good for freeplay Timmy Noobshoes and his feelings.

The only offensive team I own is NS. I ain't a whale and i got straight F*****....
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    HankShank wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Nope I don't mean that date. The NGE was fine, so much stuff to do in that game it was ridiculous.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gotta love a game that tells YOU how you should be playing it. The new TW style is only good for freeplay Timmy Noobshoes and his feelings.

It's
    Gotta love a game that tells YOU how you should be playing it. The new TW style is only good for freeplay Timmy Noobshoes and his feelings.

Its not open world. All games have a path you follow. And furthermore it's only one area of the game.

They banned toons that were always available if you had them in a game mode. This opens the door to allow them to do the same down the road unless we put up a big stink now. So your welcome for protecting your time and investment in the game (although judging by your indifference you are F2P- in which case your welcome again as I have supported the game monetarily the last 2 years).
  • @CG - I think it's disingenuous to keep referring to the TW bans as "community chosen" - and to even have the audacity to put it in the in-game pop up. You chose the concept - the community favored buffs, not bans. You chose the list AND the groupings - so the community only had limited options and even then, their choices automatically included other toons. You ran the poll in the forums (not in game), a place only a very small percentage of the player base frequents.
    The poll had no decent security, so was easily manipulated - either by players or even your own votes. And finally, you decided what to do with the final results, regardless of how the actual vote came out.

So please stop trying to pin this horrific idea on the "community". The community spoke loud and clear about what they thought of the idea. You ignored us. Don't blame us for it now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @CG - I think it's disingenuous to keep referring to the TW bans as "community chosen" - and to even have the audacity to put it in the in-game pop up. You chose the concept - the community favored buffs, not bans. You chose the list AND the groupings - so the community only had limited options and even then, their choices automatically included other toons. You ran the poll in the forums (not in game), a place only a very small percentage of the player base frequents.
    The poll had no decent security, so was easily manipulated - either by players or even your own votes. And finally, you decided what to do with the final results, regardless of how the actual vote came out.

So please stop trying to pin this horrific idea on the "community". The community spoke loud and clear about what they thought of the idea. You ignored us. Don't blame us for it now.

Just tuck this away in memory. It's a revelation of sorts to many. That we have been right all along, and now they see things in a very, very, clear light. From here on out, any reading this, have no reason to be surprised by anything they do. We see it, remember it, and that's that.
  • Ridiculous
  • I can't wait for this sith (yea that's an anagram) to end.
    We're losing a war with no strategy, no tactics, just plain luck (for our opponents). Please CG tell us that next TW will not have this kind of sith (still anagram) again.
    TELL US, please! I need to be sure this is the last one, say something!
  • I just had a thought, and it is not pleasant. If they wanted to "nerf" certain high profile heroes and they just did it, we'd scream bloody murder. Now, what if they find a way to show us, ok, this is the alternative. We hate it, they have to nerf. We made the decision because we said we hate the alternative. So this debacle is just step one? My mind tends to work logically (hazard of being a programmer) . So something like this becomes a mental exercise. It keeps going round and round, "Why would they do this?", "What is the reason?". It's too easy to question their intelligence, they don't care, those are just too easy. So why?
  • HankShank
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Nope I don't mean that date. The NGE was fine, so much stuff to do in that game it was ridiculous.

The NGE was the biggest disaster in video game history (edit: I forgot about E.T.), and personally one of the most frustrating memories of my life. It has gone down in history as one of the premiere examples of what not to do to your brand. Ranks right up there with the "New Coke".

There is no accounting for taste, and there can be no doubt there are some simple people that liked the NGE. I'm sure that's what SOE banked on. And there are probably the same simple people that like the new Territory Wars. You know what they say about those who don't learn from history...
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019

The NGE was the biggest disaster in video game history (edit: I forgot about E.T.), and personally one of the most frustrating memories of my life. It has gone down in history as one of the premiere examples of what not to do to your brand. Ranks right up there with the "New Coke".

There is no accounting for taste, and there can be no doubt there are some simple people that liked the NGE. I'm sure that's what SOE banked on. And there are probably the same simple people that like the new Territory Wars. You know what they say about those who don't learn from history...

SOE CEO John Smedley said on the forums (2yrs later or so) it was a bad mistake. They ignored the customers and paid the price. Now take that with a grain of salt, 2 years after, they can't go back, so it may have just been lip service. Telling us what we wanted to hear. And, to be fair. The game never shut down on it's own. It was still running until EA/LA wanted to release the SWTOR: MMORPG. So LA didn't renew the license and SWG had to shutdown. And SWTOR almost ended in the first year. They had to offer a F2P option or risk failure.

Snipet from interview:

"What would Smedley do if he could go back and give it another try? His first regret is launching the game before the space combat system was done, and his second is that SOE didn't talk and listen to its players more. "We would have encouraged more in-depth discussion with the community surrounding the idea of any game modifications," he said."

https://www.engadget.com/2011/12/21/soes-john-smedley-expresses-regrets-over-swg-mishaps/
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I mean I don't know why you have to me a simple mind. Did I insult you somehow? I just happened to enjoy a game rich with content. Could follow a ton of progressions, crafting, resource collecting, hanging out in a cantina, battling, quests, raids, etc... But mostly I enjoyed living in and hanging with the others that played in a star wars environment. Never cared for the current SW mmo that still exists. Too much of a path and not enough choices.

I mean I don't know why you have to me a simple mind. Did I insult you somehow? I just happened to enjoy a game rich with content. Could follow a ton of progressions, crafting, resource collecting, hanging out in a cantina, battling, quests, raids, etc... But mostly I enjoyed living in and hanging with the others that played in a star wars environment. Never cared for the current SW mmo that still exists. Too much of a path and not enough choices.

TLDR; when did you start playing SWG? I was pre combat update, holo grind had ended and you did poi's to start the Jedi prof. I was and Elder Jedi on Ahazi.
    I'm assuming you meant "a ton of professions". There were 30 professions and they whittled that down to 9. This is just one way in which they dramatically simplified the complex and robust game - thus the appeal to simple people.
  • HankShank wrote: »
    I'm assuming you meant "a ton of professions". There were 30 professions and they whittled that down to 9. This is just one way in which they dramatically simplified the complex and robust game - thus the appeal to simple people.

My Jedi grind took a year. After the NGE you could choose it from the start. And that Fisher Price Interface was really annoying.
  • Easy way to fix tw take factions out instead of best toons from every meta faction team. 1 or 2 factions of each lightside darkside lineups. If the current tw is the future u can expect a massive reduction in tw gameplay. All the times wasted refreshing and farming cause u want to remove what was truly a grind not a good start for 2019
  • GulyaBan
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This TW idea could describe with one word: idieaotic

You can say we are quit.
This discussion has been closed.