Is the system placing players in guilds?

We have it spelled out that you need 2Mil or more to join. And the last 4 or 5 players to join have like 500k etc. The guild recruitment message says clearly the min, or you will be removed. Yet, they join. Are they bots? Is the system placing them?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    They probably aren’t reading the message?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    No english? It is world wide game
  • probably hoping you won't notice
  • "Mol Eliza's"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Placing them, not but the suggested list is "tailored" to some extent. It's not like they see all guilds and if you cycle through you will see the same ones pop up.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Placing them, not but the suggested list is "tailored" to some extent. It's not like they see all guilds and if you cycle through you will see the same ones pop up.

The Guild system needs a complete overhaul. Actually it needs scrapped and created from the ground up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

The Guild system needs a complete overhaul. Actually it needs scrapped and created from the ground up.

May I ask why?

If you dont like random players joining, make your guild invite only.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The lack of controls, it's very rudimentary. It's just a shade away from being a frame relay chat. MOTD's disappear all the time, etc.. I've shown the game to colleagues and they are amazed the chat is even there. Most say with a little work they (CG) could overhaul it and bring it up to the level it needs to be at.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    So out of the thousands of guilds, the system is tailoring match guilds to people who dont quality. Nothing new there!

Perhaps it is time to add some filters to not only search, but also who qualifies to apply to your guild.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gair wrote: »
    So out of the thousands of guilds, the system is tailoring match guilds to people who dont quality. Nothing new there!

Perhaps it is time to add some filters to not only search, but also who qualifies to apply to your guild.

I agree. Online games seem to cobble together a chat just so they can say they have one. No doubt someone will jump in here and tell us to just use discord. If that is the official stance then yank the current chat out and give us a window to place a live link in.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The lack of controls, it's very rudimentary. It's just a shade away from being a frame relay chat. MOTD's disappear all the time, etc.. I've shown the game to colleagues and they are amazed the chat is even there. Most say with a little work they (CG) could overhaul it and bring it up to the level it needs to be at.

Guild system or chat system, I'm confused.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Guild system or chat system, I'm confused.

Well one is meant to work with the other, but I should have been clearer in my remarks. Primarily, the Guild system. In which the chat is a part of.