Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I remember everyone complaining that TW is the worst game mode and nobody played it last month, one change and now its everyone's favorite game mode that is worth quitting over

    Maybe a different part of the population voicing their concerns?

    Sure but both sides have a tendency to write as though they speak for every player in the game.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I remember everyone complaining that TW is the worst game mode and nobody played it last month, one change and now its everyone's favorite game mode that is worth quitting over

    I certainly never enjoyed TW. IMO it’s not a good game mode for guilds as you have to fully rely on your teammates’ participation. There is only so much you can do vs a revan wall or a traya wall. You can defeat one, maybe two teams, then you are forced to wait until others have participated before the next territory is unlocked and the wait begins again after one fight.

    TB is infinitely better as you can just do your thing in the 24h period whenever you want (I know...platoons, but these days it’s rather easy to clean most nodes without any help from platoons). No waiting for other guild members.

    If I had a say, which I don’t, I would completely remove TW and replace it with permanent GA.
  • Monel
    2371 posts Member
    I've yet to see a real complaint about why its soooooo bad. I spent to get Revan and cant use him. Do I love that? Heck no. Does it ruin the game? Heck no. It forces me to think and trying something new(but really with old characters) and different(only because I have not been using my whole roster except to deploy).

    Furthermore, a bunch of people that were upset because they spent time leveling and gearing their rosters up to gear 8 for TB stars complain that it hurt them in GA. Well having invested into a deeper roster instead of what's new what next will definitely help payoff right now.

    It's really not that painful, at least for me, to use Jawas, droids, clones, etc... again
  • It's literally ONE TW.... everyone is being crippled. Have some perspective

    Totally agree. I'm handling the TW for my guild and put together the banned list and a list of alternative teams for those factions for our discord....took about 15 minutes to figure out a defensive strategy. Some people griped about it beforehand when all the discussion was raging about this but I haven't seen one single complaint for anyone in our guild since the TW opened up for setting defenses. Everyone is just doing the best they can with what they have to work with and the chips will fall where they may. It's one TW and the rewards aren't all that different for the winners and losers anyway.
  • this way of playing tw is dumb, ready for it to be over, and my guild is going to win, because the other guild isn’t good, i still don’t like it
  • I agree. I hope CG realizes this was a mistake and not introduce this “fun” TW ever again. I honestly can’t put to words on this forum due to censorship on how much I hate this TW. Tons of incomplete teams bc like the OP stated we build teams around certain toons.
  • I don't think I said anything that could be considered speaking for everyone. I did say that it's how my guild feels about it. And I think it's important to say, even if it is a one off as you say, lest they do something like this again, thinking that "everyone" did enjoy this change.
  • Ultra
    6311 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I remember everyone complaining that TW is the worst game mode and nobody played it last month, one change and now its everyone's favorite game mode that is worth quitting over

    I certainly never enjoyed TW. IMO it’s not a good game mode for guilds as you have to fully rely on your teammates’ participation. There is only so much you can do vs a revan wall or a traya wall. You can defeat one, maybe two teams, then you are forced to wait until others have participated before the next territory is unlocked and the wait begins again after one fight.

    TB is infinitely better as you can just do your thing in the 24h period whenever you want (I know...platoons, but these days it’s rather easy to clean most nodes without any help from platoons). No waiting for other guild members.

    If I had a say, which I don’t, I would completely remove TW and replace it with permanent GA.
    I love Territory Wars, but I love Grand Arena more because I am very heavy TW player and having a guildie who doesn't care or leaves teams with pre-loaded TM is just groan-inducing. Definitely love GA for "rely on yourself" style. I wish Grand Arena ran beside TB instead of once a month. I have a couple of guild members that make TW fun that GA doesn't do and having something to talk about together in a guild is nice
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    4ddwrf5nut2t.jpeg

    Honestly, like in the CG post above, concerning Critolyte, I believe that if the community were to get an apology and assurance that it won’t happen again, it would make a tremendous impact. @CG_SBCrumb or whoever is at fault, or all CG’s for that matter.
  • It's literally ONE TW.... everyone is being crippled. Have some perspective and please, remain silent.

    TW has its issues but it isn't the "worst thing ever".


    If those who hate this version of TW stay silent, then their going to keep introducing it. They need to quit meddling with the only mode that allows guild v guild. This mode was introduced to allow players to use their WHOLE roster... this TW is going backwards in that aspect
  • Monel wrote: »
    I've yet to see a real complaint about why its soooooo bad. I spent to get Revan and cant use him. Do I love that? Heck no. Does it ruin the game? Heck no. It forces me to think and trying something new(but really with old characters) and different(only because I have not been using my whole roster except to deploy).

    Furthermore, a bunch of people that were upset because they spent time leveling and gearing their rosters up to gear 8 for TB stars complain that it hurt them in GA. Well having invested into a deeper roster instead of what's new what next will definitely help payoff right now.

    It's really not that painful, at least for me, to use Jawas, droids, clones, etc... again

    I think it was poorly implemented, as opposed to being bad. For the first attempt, they were pretty heavy handed in the number of characters removed (maybe 10 or so should've been removed for the first go-around), IMO, and didn't appropriately balance out factions (i.e., some factions weren't touched [and like ewoks, weren't even eligible to be touched] while others lost a significant percentage [troopers lost 3 of 8]). The other issue, which the devs haven't addressed one way or the other, is the effect on matchmaking. To me a major question is whether the matchmaking algorithm for this tw excluded the banned characters from consideration. I presume that the answer is no, which would just compound matchmaking issues that exist.
  • Selou
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This just makes me angry. I think it’s the worst change, you have ever made in this game and I have started playing it since not long, after it started. I am really not sure, if the person who had this horrible idea has the right job. Please stop with this weird changes. Everyone hates them and if it wouldn’t be for some players that need this TW for their archievements, me and my guild would definitely boycott this round!
  • Antares wrote: »
    I certainly never enjoyed TW. IMO it’s not a good game mode for guilds as you have to fully rely on your teammates’ participation. There is only so much you can do vs a revan wall or a traya wall. You can defeat one, maybe two teams, then you are forced to wait until others have participated before the next territory is unlocked and the wait begins again after one fight.

    TB is infinitely better as you can just do your thing in the 24h period whenever you want (I know...platoons, but these days it’s rather easy to clean most nodes without any help from platoons). No waiting for other guild members.

    I agree with this.
    Antares wrote: »
    If I had a say, which I don’t, I would completely remove TW and replace it with permanent GA.

    I'd simplify it. I would do the following:

    1. Get rid of territories and make this a match play contest.
    2. Everyone in the guild puts ONE and only one team in on defense.
    3. When offense starts, the actual teams full composition are hidden from everyone's sight. All you can see is the opponents name, their total GP, and the team leader.
    4. Each person in your guild gets 1 Battle only to use on offense.
    5. Use GA scoring. Most total points win.

    Fast and Fun.

  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Are the other guilds farming the worst characters as opposd to you? Are you ok when they boost unused character, why?
  • ... i see how people who didn't go after Revan are thrilled because their resources over the last months have gone to toons they can actually use, but for those of us with half our roster banned it's anything but fun.

    Half your roster, huh? You only have 40 toons unlocked?

    Also, the community chose what was banned (with the exception of the dev set) - if everyone was super upset that Revan or Traya wouldn't make it, then they wouldn't have voted thusly.

    You're not being punished - everyone is operating under the same restrictions. Yeah Traya and Revan aren't available to everyone, but what about Han? Zombie? Asajj? There's plenty of toons sitting out that almost everyone has.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • im actually okay with boosting underused characters. had a blast with mace! but removing characters, and its up to popular vote who gets banned? hell no!
  • Monel wrote: »
    It's really not that painful, at least for me, to use Jawas, droids, clones, etc... again
    How tf are you running droids when HK and 88 both got banned?
  • Immorta1lynx
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    im mostly free to play. my gp isn't even 3m. but i've built my roster smart because I wanted to play at the top. So I save my resources and spend on the best. Yes, I've spent on this game, but I'm far from a whale.
  • Is this format going to be for the entire month? If so @CG_SBCrumb stop, please stop.
  • It's literally ONE TW.... everyone is being crippled. Have some perspective and please, remain silent.

    TW has its issues but it isn't the "worst thing ever".

    By far the worst thing I have experienced in my time playing. Doesn’t even matter if it was one character banned, people pay money for this stuff.
  • It's literally ONE TW.... everyone is being crippled. Have some perspective and please, remain silent.

    TW has its issues but it isn't the "worst thing ever".

    I agree except the remain silent part. I always thought a vocal community is a positive, until it gets to the over the top worst ever comments. I've always enjoyed a debate and different perspectives.

    Worst thing ever? I don't like the current setup, but if they're changing it up once in a while that's fine. If this is permanent I'm not a fan.

    This setup could be humorous on April fool's day....imagine all characters banned except coruscant underworld police......

    No....thats just mad.....
  • Monel
    2371 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    I've yet to see a real complaint about why its soooooo bad. I spent to get Revan and cant use him. Do I love that? Heck no. Does it ruin the game? Heck no. It forces me to think and trying something new(but really with old characters) and different(only because I have not been using my whole roster except to deploy).

    Furthermore, a bunch of people that were upset because they spent time leveling and gearing their rosters up to gear 8 for TB stars complain that it hurt them in GA. Well having invested into a deeper roster instead of what's new what next will definitely help payoff right now.

    It's really not that painful, at least for me, to use Jawas, droids, clones, etc... again

    I think it was poorly implemented, as opposed to being bad. For the first attempt, they were pretty heavy handed in the number of characters removed (maybe 10 or so should've been removed for the first go-around), IMO, and didn't appropriately balance out factions (i.e., some factions weren't touched [and like ewoks, weren't even eligible to be touched] while others lost a significant percentage [troopers lost 3 of 8]). The other issue, which the devs haven't addressed one way or the other, is the effect on matchmaking. To me a major question is whether the matchmaking algorithm for this tw excluded the banned characters from consideration. I presume that the answer is no, which would just compound matchmaking issues that exist.

    Definitely poorly implemented, I am totally on board with that. The number of characters removed without reducing the number of teams required made things way more difficult. I get the frustration, but not the outrage. But hey, people are people.
  • Not usually moved to post but here is my 2c worth.

    TW was fun, I was in pure maintenance mode until TW began and it got me from just doing my daily 600 to upgrading my older squads, modding and zeta'ing previously forgotten toons and just generally spending more time in game.

    Not a fan of this new exclusions format at all. I have squads with synergies I want to use and removing key members frustrates me. It won't cause me to quit the game, but if next TW is more of the same then I won't be signing up and it's back to hoarding mats and maintenance mode for me.

    Same for grand arena, it's a huge time sink, without much better rewards I am not signing up for any more. Additionally I don't want grand arena (even with better rewards) supplanting my TW's, unless of course the TW format continues as is then meh... who cares?
  • NicWester
    7429 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Because it’s boring and has been the same thing for several months in a row, so why not try something new for one freaking time?

    I’m glad you have teams with synergy. That’s wonderful and fantastic. Now how about rubbing a couple brain cells together to make some new teams?

    Try new things. This is fun. You like fun, right?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    6311 posts Member
    The problem with "If it ain't broke" argument is that If you can make it better than it is, why not try?

    Why would anyone invent hybrid cars? Electric cars? When you already have a car that runs with poor fuel emissions?

    Crumb just posted here <<LINK>> that next TW won't have bans. I would argue that GA is less of a time sink and doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to clear through or realize you lost it
  • I think for the most part, the feedback has been good feedback. Many don't like this version of TW, and many are coming here to express there frustrations. We are a passionate group of people from everywhere and anywhere most saying, "never again!" As for the hyperbole, I'm ok with a lot of it, so long as it avoids personal attacks on the developers who love this game as much as we do. I especially like the very creative hyperbole which reinforces just how ingenious people can be in their self expressions.

    There's a great disturbance in the Force, and when you rub salt on it, it tends to explode.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • This whole debacle is a farce. Whoever thought that stealing our bought and paid for property for a bad idea should reevaluate their career. How could this have made it by the laughing stage is unbelievable. The only reason for doing it is EA's inability to properly match guilds for the event. You charge so much money to advance toons it is so wrong to take them away because of the games shortcomings. You made a poll to make it look like somehow it was our idea? No no no. Backroom conversations about how you manipulate the player base should pay closer attention to not only fairness between players but between players and the corporation.
  • If a player is going to have the power to vote in a poll that will ban toons, they should have to have that toon. [Period]
This discussion has been closed.