PSA: You don't need to gear Dengar for 7*! Strategy & Tips

Dryff
672 posts Member
edited December 2018
For those who are struggling with the event, don't listen to the people that are telling you that you need to gear up Dengar (thankfully, because his gear is insane from G7 on).

I got 7* Chewie on BOTH accounts using just a G7 Dengar:

Main: G12 zBossk, G11 Boba, G11 IG-88, G11 Cad Bane, G7 Dengar
Alt: G12 zBossk, G12 Boba, G11 IG-88, G9 Greedo, G7 Dengar

Went about 25-30 tries WITHOUT the zeta on Bossk's lead, but I got it first try after the zeta.

Remember folks, Dengar is just there to keep Chewie from stealth, and doesn't really do much after that.

Mod Strategy:
-Make Bossk your fastest character, followed immediately by Boba. Cad/Greedo/IG-88 don't really matter, just make them fast but with Crit Dmg triangles, and offense crosses (if possible).
-Mod Dengar for flat health and protection. He just needs to survive Pulverize from Chewie.

Battle Strategy:
Pretty simple. You want to hope that Han hits Boba and they focus him down (thereby removing Stun for his first turn) or that Han hits anyone except Dengar and Bossk. Dengar HAS to survive. If they Stun Bossk, you'll probably have to restart. If they stun Boba but don't kill him, you'll probably have to restart.

Dengar MUST get critically hit by Chewie and get put into stealth. If he doesn't you'll have to restart.

Should only take a couple tries to get this RNG setup. After that, you want to use Bossk's taunt. Boba uses Execute on Chewie which should leave him without much protection (if any), followed immediately by Bossk's Hunting Party. Chewie should be dead (or near dead). Do NOT use IG-88's AoE. Instead use his basic. IG-88, Greedo, Cad, etc. (whoever is next) should be able to finish Chewie easily.

Next, focus Han and then Lando. With Bossk's taunt up and no Chewie, you really shouldn't have any issues from here.

NOTE: If you can't kill Chewie with Execute and Hunting Party, your mods suck or aren't set up right. I was able to take Chewie down with the above teams pretty easily. Cad makes this event even easier, as he can Stun Han and/or Lando to make their damage trivial.
Post edited by Dryff on

Replies

• Thank you so much @Dryff! I was pounding my head against a wall for over an hour, I literally could not kill a single enemy, and then after taking your advice I beat it within 5 minutes. You are a genius. Truly a prince among men. Everyone who is struggling with this event needs to read the original post
  • I am bumping this for my next go round!!!!
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I am bumping this for my next go round!!!!

Thanks @Mephisto_style ! This advice helped when I posted it in a couple other threads as well, so the more people it can help the better!
  • Yeah Dengar is important for the stealth aspect, but to say he doesn't do much after that isn't really true.

His mine mayhem under Bossk lead is huge. It's like a full team heal.

On my run I lost Bossk and Boba, but Dengar's AoE kept the other 3 up.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Yeah Dengar is important for the stealth aspect, but to say he doesn't do much after that isn't really true.

Yeah, the video I watched on YouTube of Boosk Dengar zam greedom and Bob's had Dengar and Bona last men standing

Well, my point of this thread and strategy was to complete it with a low gear Dengar (since his gear requirements are insane). Certainly, if you have him geared up already he can contribute :)
  • I hope it's ok if I bump this thread since it helped me a ton in this event :) I followed Dryff's advice to the letter, finished tier 6 on the second try and the last tier after thirty-ish attempts. Even though my squad looked like this:

1gmhdeotchl7.png
    irer9j2hyrek.png

I didn't even have to put my arena mods on them. Only Bossk had great-ish mods with 238 speed and high tenacity to prevent him from being stunned. Boba was the second fastest with 221. I simply retreated until I had all the right conditions: Dengar stealthed, Bossk and Boba not stunned, everyone still alive.

After taunting with Bossk and hitting Han with Boba's execute, Bossk immediately went again and I was able to take out Han with his group assist. I took out R2 next to get rid of the team bonuses from his Number Crunch. After that, it was a walk in the park. Lando, Leia and finally Chewie went down surprisingly fast.

No matter how impossible it seems with your gear when all the stars align against you (and they usually do in this event), just keep on trying until you're dealt the right cards.
  • Darthsm
    56 posts Member
    Stars align when they stealth dengar and you resist stuns/ability blocks
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    @Darth_DeVito Glad to help! Many of my guild mates completed the event with the same strategy. One even with a G6 Dengar and G8 Cad Bane.
  • Goldheart
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    How low can you go...

zn3z0q828glw.jpg
    Boba lead victory
    jr70dvokk08d.jpg

Boba was fastest. Everyone had speed and potency primaries. I had to tweak speed so someone (jango) immediately followed Bossk. Taunt-special (shrapnel) - hunting party combo on Chewie.
    Of course, setup had to be dengar stealthed. Bossk not stunned.
    Post edited by Goldheart on