Next TW on Jan. 17

Do we know if the next TW will be tweaked in any way? Announcement said the banned characters were only for the current TW, but said other future TWs might be altered in other ways.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    We don't know if its going to be tweaked in any way at all but so far it looks like a normal TW with no bans or bonuses. Just a straight up PvP with no gimmicks between two guilds
  • from crumb - "Thank you for all your feedback on the event and for joining us as we experiment with mixing up the Territory Wars formula. This in an ongoing process that we will continue to iterate on. The Territory Wars after this one will have a different structure but we want to let you know that this something we will continue to change over time and is definitely not set in stone."

This does not say no characters will be banned in next TW. It only says the structure will be different.

Different structure could be new groups for us to choose from. Or it could be that the devs won't be publishing the choices they made in advance next time. From Crumb - "While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 3 out of 4 groups of characters to keep available for TW as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options below".

Also the original posts list the ban list as "January Community Poll Options" and "January Dev Poll Options"
    It does not say "War 57-A Community Poll Options" which is how they list them in the calendar.

That being said, I expect them to change TW some from this point forward. I hope they change it up from this point forward. It needs the refreshing.

• qfwm2001 wrote: »

This does not say no characters will be banned in next TW. It only says the structure will be different.

Different structure could be new groups for us to choose from. Or it could be that the devs won't be publishing the choices they made in advance next time. From Crumb - "While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 3 out of 4 groups of characters to keep available for TW as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options below".

I highly doubt there will be any kind of voting seeing as how the join period for the next TW starts tomorrow. There isn't time to do any polling.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    qfwm2001 wrote: »
    That being said, I expect them to change TW some from this point forward. I hope they change it up from this point forward. It needs the refreshing.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ac2o6r/list_of_twenty_better_tw_variations/

I liked the ideas presented in this TW, and hope the developers discuss some of them internally
  • Hi folks,

We won't be running another round of picks and bans for the next TW. It's something that may come back in the future but we are going to keep trying some new ideas.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://old.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ac2o6r/list_of_twenty_better_tw_variations/

I liked the ideas presented in this TW, and hope the developers discuss some of them internally
    We definitely have looked over that list for a few idea to borrow :P
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We won't be running another round of picks and bans for the next TW. It's something that may come back in the future but we are going to keep trying some new ideas.

Good comment and feedback.
  • Ah, boo..... I like this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra wrote: »

14. Hidden Treasure (rename Spoils of War?) - Attach hidden loot boxes to X (3? 4?) random, enemy squads. Whoever defeats that squad is awarded a bonus prize (think 20 stun guns).
    Yes please :p
  • UV_
    24 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Hopefully such unpopular idea will never come back again.

• UV_ wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Hopefully such unpopular idea will never come back again.

Pretty sure that’s what it means just can’t say it that way.
  • Time will tell. Either way, glad crumb at least gave us confirmation on no bans for next TW. And, like Ultra, I saw that reddit post and truly felt like the author put a ton of thought into the types of events as well as some kick kitten (self edited to save moderators time) titles. Crossing fingers that the team at CG can do some events as described there.
    Hi folks,

Excellent news and the information is nice to know. Would have been nice to hear sooner but still
  • 14. Hidden Treasure (rename Spoils of War?) - Attach hidden loot boxes to X (3? 4?) random, enemy squads. Whoever defeats that squad is awarded a bonus prize (think 20 stun guns).

That sounds good until your players start recklessly throwing out as many teams as they can trying to snag the treasure, and end up losing matches they should have won because they're scrambling to beat other people to it.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Can you announce this thread @CG_SBCrumb so forum can see your response?

Thanks!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Yes yes yes and yes, these bonuses look super fun!
  • Bans "may come back". My wallet WILL STAY CLOSED
    Hi folks,

Never bring bans back, it was the single dumbest idea yet in this game
  • @CG_SBCrumb Does annihilate stop the trooper revives?
  • Sorry - realized you answered this in another thread.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    14. Hidden Treasure (rename Spoils of War?) - Attach hidden loot boxes to X (3? 4?) random, enemy squads. Whoever defeats that squad is awarded a bonus prize (think 20 stun guns).

That sounds good until your players start recklessly throwing out as many teams as they can trying to snag the treasure, and end up losing matches they should have won because they're scrambling to beat other people to it.

wet-blanket.jpg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Can anyone see the signup in game? I don't.
  • Am I missing something? Not seeing this TW in game yet and it has passed normal time to show up
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    They probably need to temove bans and add the buffs first