Return of The Sith...Month (February)

13Next

Replies

• secondsmeg wrote: »
    Arcaver wrote: »
    Actually, the one I really want more than those two is Starkiller.

Oh man Starkiller would be awesome! Double lightsaber version.

Also, a dark side Anakin would be so legit. Pre-armor Darth Vader. Maybe they could play it as “what if Anakin had defeated Obi-Wan instead...” that would be sweet.

More like order 66 Anakin. When him and the 501st invaded the Jedi temple, that's the Anakin I want. With a cut scene where Anakin ignites his lightsaber in front of younglings and then you have to fight shaak ti to kill the younglings. oh man that'd be cool!

So much yes to this lol.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    This’ll probably never happen but I just want a Vader rework where he’ll be one of those constant meta toons like thrawn or Rex, or maybe just on the level of wampa. It’s a shame that the best villain in this game is as disrespected as he is.

He's still useful, especially for raids, and in the top 100 I still see plenty of darth vader's being used. I only dropped him for Bastila.

Plus he's been reworked a couple times now. What would be cool is if they had a dark side anakin via hero's fall journey or whatever.

He has been officially reworked a total of once, in sith month of last year alongside Palpatine. In the initial rework they were able to beat CLS but were still beaten by JTR. Palpatine lead only got really good when Sion was released, and then Vader was part of the Nightmare team Meta, although he was often replaced for sith trooper or wampa, and was completely phased out when Traya was released.

Vader received a zeta in the first wave in 2016 on his leader, and although he was an effective leader for raids, he was a B at best in arena (he had a small niche with TFP and boba Fett for a little while) but was utterly destroyed when CLS was released. And to make things worse, his raid glory was thanks to a glitch that was then patched, making many people who obtained his zeta ask for refunds.

And before all that, he was general Grievous (meaning he was insanely difficult to obtain but was completely and utterly useless). Vader has at his best times been a good raid character and a not unviable choice for arena, and at his worst a nearly useless toon overshadowed by many more viable characters undeserving of their glory. There are so many characters that are and always will be immortalized in the history of this game thanks to one new mechanic that makes them stand out far among the rest, and if Vader, the face of Star Wars, the best movie villain of all time, the emperors fist, doesn’t deserve to be placed among these characters, I don’t know who does.

Also dark side anakin would be neat but I’d prefer a Vader rework
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    I don't think that Darth Revan is going to happen because he is second stage of Revan's evolution and we already got his third and final stage in the game . I think it is going to be Darth Malak because he captured and had Bastilla go to DS for a brief time.
    Problem is that OR characters that were released after Revan don't serve for any kind of DS legendary or hero event as Juhani and Cart are LS and Canderous is really neutral if not LS.

Except that JKR wasn’t the initial light side part of Revan’s life - it was the Revan you would get if you played through KOTOR making light side choices. A mirror event is coming where you can earn the Revan you would get if you made dark side choices.

I am not sure if the Malak backers just want it to be true or if they are trolls?!!

There is time for many more people to be ready for Darth Revan than were for JKR- they just have to make the right farming and hoarding choices over the next month. Malgus and Malak talk is filling the forums with red herrings. Everyone is free to make their own gamble (solo toons), or continue with their normal farming plans, but please don’t be angry later pretending that Darth Revan was out of the blue.
    Be re

• The jedi knight revan we have is the legends canon version. Don't know what you mean by the initial part of his life. Have you played the game?
  • The jedi knight revan we have is the legends canon version. Don't know what you mean by the initial part of his life. Have you played the game?

Revan was initially a Jedi who went bad and then became the Lord of the Sith. Afterwards he lost his memory during a great defeat and was trained again as a Jedi and yada yada yada.

I'm not sure what the stories say his choice was after/during the events of KOTOR, but He was represented as both a Jedi and a Sith before any player got a hold of him.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    The jedi knight revan we have is the legends canon version. Don't know what you mean by the initial part of his life. Have you played the game?

Revan was initially a Jedi who went bad and then became the Lord of the Sith. Afterwards he lost his memory during a great defeat and was trained again as a Jedi and yada yada yada.

I'm not sure what the stories say his choice was after/during the events of KOTOR, but He was represented as both a Jedi and a Sith before any player got a hold of him.

And the player could decide whether to be a Jedi or Sith after that. There's two endings, one where Revan remains a Jedi and a hero of the Republic, and the other where he reclaims the mantle of Darth Revan and builds an unstoppable fleet to destroy what little remains of the Republic.
  • The release cadence of the second batch of OR toons implies they will be used relatively soon. There's no way they aren't going to leverage them for another panic farm by extending the time we have to farm them past the F2P range. Using similar timing for JKR characters released, you should plan to use the second OR group for some event / reason toward the end of February. I think it will be Darth Revan; hard for me to see Malak being a legendary toon. If DN and Sion weren't legendary worthy, not sure I'm seeing Malak actually getting an event built for him. If anything, Malak will be marquee - synergize awesomely with Revan - and Revan will have the event requiring OR characters. Could be wrong on Revan, but I'd be very shocked if the 2nd OR batch isn't needed for something toward the end of Feb.
    The jedi knight revan we have is the legends canon version. Don't know what you mean by the initial part of his life. Have you played the game?

And the player could decide whether to be a Jedi or Sith after that. There's two endings, one where Revan remains a Jedi and a hero of the Republic, and the other where he reclaims the mantle of Darth Revan and builds an unstoppable fleet to destroy what little remains of the Republic.

but there were actually stories about that time so he was confirmed to actually be light or dark (can't remember which), not a player choice after that. However, I believe that has been rendered non-cannon. Either way, the player choice thing was rendered moot long before EU became legends.
    Woodroward wrote: »

but there were actually stories about that time so he was confirmed to actually be light or dark (can't remember which), not a player choice after that. However, I believe that has been rendered non-cannon. Either way, the player choice thing was rendered moot long before EU became legends.

He was Light in the EU canon, but my point is that CG wanted Jedi Knight Revan to be the Revan light side players used, that's also why he has the mask, which he only wore when he was Darth Revan. If you read the announcement for Revan from October they say that. So since there were 2 endings in the game, light or dark, I'd say Darth Revan is probably inbound either in February or soon after.
  • Grevious rework!
  • Bluesabus
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    For those who either forgot or just didn't see it, remember that JKR was officially announced in a video where they used 4 words to describe Revan as a character. 2 of those words have been used as part of JKR's kit (Savior, Hero). The other 2 words (Conquerer, Villain) are pretty obviously a clue that they plan an eventual release of Darth Revan as a character. It doesn't require any mental gymnastics to arrive to that conclusion. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when, and I speculate the when is within the next month or so (given the release of the second batch of OR characters).