“Factory Reset”

Prev1
I’ve been thinking back over the past few years of the game, like many others probably have been recently, how the game has progressed since day 1 until now. Which got me thinking....I’ve made a few mistakes along the way and although I don’t regret a lot of them, there still remains a few zetas/toons/over gearing or levelling I wish I hadn’t done.

I’d love if CG could give us a once off “factory reset” that could reset our entire rosters and refund all the mats for us to place again, the way we now want it!

I for sure wouldn’t level all my toons now my guild has TB on max farm. I’d love to fine tune my squad to suit current day TW/GA/Arena, which in an almost 190M GP guild means you need to have all the correct squads to succeed.

Plus I think it would be awesome to theory craft and have all your fellow gamers redo their rosters to also make themselves more competitive in all PVP aspects of the game!

I know this would be asking a lot of CG but I can only hope that one day we see the devs consider a make over option of our existing rosters and help to freshen up our rosters and progression!

Replies

• I'd rather the current path they're on were they're making characters useful in at least one way or another. Ewoks for example just had territory offense, now they have a legendary to encourage farming. Bounty hunters were near useless a few months ago, now they have like 3 events. Are amazing in TW/GA, raids, etc.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's not a bad idea, but that would be a free, "become a GA master overnight" but in right now.

It will never happen, most likely because many old players would end up with such a stock pile even rare gear would be right at our fingertips for a long time.

The game will always be about long term planning and living with the hard choices we all had to make. Even a 1 time reset will kind of undermine that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Keep in mind that most of this are investments for which you have already got the payoff. This would give you back whatever you have invested to get legendaries, for example. Or what you invested into past metas, which gave you better placement and extra crystals at the time. Of course, there can be some genuine mistakes as well, but I would be in favor of the option to ungear/unlevel a number of individual characters, rather than a wholesale reset.
  • I'd even be ok if they gave you the option of turning back 5 characters back, This way maybe you could use what you spent on someone you really need to focus on currently.
  • I just wanna point out the OP name... pwnthenubs? It's like hes admitting he wants to jump to a lower GA tier to pwnthenubs
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    I just wanna point out the OP name... pwnthenubs? It's like hes admitting he wants to jump to a lower GA tier to pwnthenubs

Since the rewards are the same regardless of GP, it seems like a sensible thing to do...
  • Love the idea, I’d be super interesting to see what everyone would do. But Kynos got a good point.
  • I don't think that'll ever happen for the vast majority of peoples rosters etc. However with the recent introduction of Grand Arena which brings in the issue of higher overall GP as a potentially bad thing it would be great if they would either allow us to undo the levelling to say all Characters under Level-55 or to change the GA match-making to ignore in the calculations any character under 6k Power (kind of like TW does) so that useless characters that were never fully levelled or geared etc. in a past time when it didn't matter aren't pushing you into a higher GP bracket now that it does matter.
  • I think a toned down version of the concept should be pushed forward. Something with a cost to keep it from being exploited too much. My idea is:

Pay 100 crystals reset a char to gear level 7 and remove all gear above level 7, Omega abilities, and Zeta abilities. 100% of gear and Zetas are returned. 70% of omegas are returned, credits and tier 3 ablity mats are all lost.
  • ..., credits and tier 3 ablity mats are all lost.

The two things in your list that are easiest to get?

I'd rather see people be able to reset, but everything invested is gone. Poof. Zeta mats, omega mats, gear, etc. You got to use it once and reap the rewards. You don't get to double dip. And if you reset any toon you needed to unlock something, you lose that unlock.

Reset the vets? Bye JTR.

Reset phoenix? Bye Thrawn.

Reset Farmboy Luke? Bye CLS.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I don't have JTR yet, but CLS AND thrawn we're mostly gear 8 chars with minimal omegas and no Zetas for me. So I am not sure how well your double dip argument holds up.

I am thinking of it mostly as paying a fee to move Zetas around. Maybe put the ability as a weekly shipment to slow people down.

Have to work out so there won't be someone with Traya and Revan in the under 1 million bracket.
  • I'd be more in favor of this if it were you can select like 3 toons and completely dismantle them back to lvl1 and you get all the mods and gear they had.
  • I don't have JTR yet, but CLS AND thrawn we're mostly gear 8 chars with minimal omegas and no Zetas for me. So I am not sure how well your double dip argument holds up.

Well those characters needed to be 7*, 80-85, G8, with some omegas, yeah? If you reset those toons, then you no longer have the necessary strength to unlock.

Maybe factory reset should be taken literally - as in level 1, all toons re-locked, all events reset.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    I could see it as a possibility if there were a cost - it’s alreay being done with mods for example. But the cost would likely need to be heavy to ensure that the decision isn’t taken lightly. I think mods get refunded at about 40% of their cost when sold? Maybe the same thing with an across the board reset? For every 10 zetas you had, you can now have 4. Every 10 level 5 stun guns, etc etc. You’d probably have to exclude character shards though, because I don’t think we want any 4-star CLSes or JTRs or Revans running around. But I get the impression that shards weren’t being considered in this idea originally anyway.
  • I would go for it if we could have the option to remove a piece of gear from a character for a minimal crystal cost (50?) in order to use it on a different character. Specifically because there are characters (like vets) that are one time use, then basically terrible afterwards. And it would be nice to at least be able to take off the purple gear to move it to other characters.

I don't think you should be able to lower their gear level, so if they are g9, you can strip the gear off them, but you wouldn't be able to get them down to g8. This would prevent people from reducing their rosters to g1 for characters they don't use in order to basically p2w in GA
  • CG shouldn't do it and here's why. Yes it would make allot of people happy, but also would upset people doing well in the game because they built correctly for it. So essentially it's just a bad idea.
  • I would like to see a reset this character for say 250 crystals to gear 12, 200 for gear 11, 150 for gear 10, 100 for gear 9 and 50 for 8 and below. If you do this to a character who was used in a legendary event, it would open up that event up to that tier and check if you can still do it. For example, you gear down st han, you do the final tier of cls to check if you can get him. If you can’t, you can cancel gearing down or loose cls
  • Ask god if he could reset your life...
    Easy, isn't it?
  • I''m stil a nub and do noobish things, but this feels as if people want to strip toons like ewoks etc now they got chewy and dont need their ewok team zeta'd.
    Only thing i want is more shards for the older toons. I've been working on Sabine for a year now and am still 51/100. Shame i was able to farm MT and Zombie faster. But it is sadly what it is.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It's not a bad idea, but that would be a free, "become a GA master overnight" but in right now.

It will never happen, most likely because many old players would end up with such a stock pile even rare gear would be right at our fingertips for a long time.

The game will always be about long term planning and living with the hard choices we all had to make. Even a 1 time reset will kind of undermine that.

IDK Kyno, I played another game for a very long time where such a thing was possible. When Dev changes were made to significant character equipment and character skill calculations, all players across the board were given a free skilling reset to allow the community to respond to those changes. Because gameplay was set up in such a way where an experienced player had very little possibility of exploiting a beginner due to their player score (much like our GP here, as well as experience level), it really transferred nicely and everyone left the change relatively happy. There were even standing premium pay and game cash options that allowed universal reskilling.

I think we've had two occasions I can recall where zetas were refunded due to major character changes, and I think the public as whole would take a lot of the meta shifts in better stride if they were given more opportunity to react to these things in such a manner. I would bet the vast majority of the game public would be more willing to pay $20+ real dollars for total ability mat or gear refund than they are for some of the stuff that gets peddled in the shops.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    I just wanna point out the OP name... pwnthenubs? It's like hes admitting he wants to jump to a lower GA tier to pwnthenubs

Better than "triggerthelibs."
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Keep in mind that most of this are investments for which you have already got the payoff. This would give you back whatever you have invested to get legendaries, for example. Or what you invested into past metas, which gave you better placement and extra crystals at the time. Of course, there can be some genuine mistakes as well, but I would be in favor of the option to ungear/unlevel a number of individual characters, rather than a wholesale reset.

I think at most we may someday have the ability to remove/break apart a piece of gear and hop to get a decent number of mats from it - not the number needed to rebuild it but some of them-
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    You think not having a bronzium slider is bad, imagine the carpal tunnel you'd get from regearing all characters...
  • EA could make money off this. Think tree resets. 1st is free 2nd is 200 crystals. Third is 500. 4th is 1000 5th 2500. 45 bucks right there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    FilthyJawa wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

IDK Kyno, I played another game for a very long time where such a thing was possible. When Dev changes were made to significant character equipment and character skill calculations, all players across the board were given a free skilling reset to allow the community to respond to those changes. Because gameplay was set up in such a way where an experienced player had very little possibility of exploiting a beginner due to their player score (much like our GP here, as well as experience level), it really transferred nicely and everyone left the change relatively happy. There were even standing premium pay and game cash options that allowed universal reskilling.

I think we've had two occasions I can recall where zetas were refunded due to major character changes, and I think the public as whole would take a lot of the meta shifts in better stride if they were given more opportunity to react to these things in such a manner. I would bet the vast majority of the game public would be more willing to pay $20+ real dollars for total ability mat or gear refund than they are for some of the stuff that gets peddled in the shops.

With the price point we see for many things in this game, $20 ish may not even cover a single toon "reskill".
    CG shouldn't do it and here's why. Yes it would make allot of people happy, but also would upset people doing well in the game because they built correctly for it. So essentially it's just a bad idea.

This right here.

Some people have an advantage because they have been making right choices for 3 years, this would just be soul crushing to those players.

That a a good point and I didnt think about it like that before. The people with the least to benefit from this, suffer the most after making the "best choices".
  • If someone wants to reskill and make better choices... start an alt. I think many people do when they realize they've made poor decisions.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    If someone wants to reskill and make better choices... start an alt. I think many people do when they realize they've made poor decisions.

Not 100% accurate. There are characters that have been geared up and maybe a zeta put on them because a year ago they were relevant. Now that the meta has shifted or more powerful characters have come out, the previous character isn't as useful. So in that case it isn't about poor choices, but the evolution of the game. I put a zeta on Qui Gon, now Bastila is the go to leader of the jedi team.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Fun idea. But not good for business so, fair enough, it won't happen.

I think i'd invest everything into about 20 characters...no more.

I wouldn't have a 7 Star K2SO :wink:

• Fun idea. But not good for business so, fair enough, it won't happen.

I think i'd invest everything into about 20 characters...no more.

I wouldn't have a 7 Star K2SO :wink:

I would make sure I would have 4 teams for LS and DS geared up, but I wouldn't say now to a few others.