The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Oh good Lord.. will you please stop.

I think the general consensus is that the bonuses are pretty popular and fun. Far, far better than the bans anyway.

And players with deep rosters having these teams geared will have overlords. I give up..
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Thank you, this is what we asked for!!! Not that banned toons bull.
  • "Bans may return" - they have to be blind or its a sick joke. Either way my wallet will stay closed this year.

They just can’t admit they are wrong or badly managing this game.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb will the Troopers revive from Annihilate or any of the other abilities that block revives?

Troopers will not revive if Annihilated or blocked from reviving by another ability
  • scuba wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    1. Please stop calling this the “community voted TW”, everyone knows that is not an accurate way to describe this thing.

2. The new bonuses look amazingly cool

3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

probably not
    with ai
    wicket will probably spam aoe
    logray will probably spam dispel
    paploo will probably spam assist call
    ee will probably spam heal

If your Teebo outspeeds the enemy team, you could attack with only Teebo and Wicket, and watch the loop of Teebo giving Wicket 100% TM and Wicket spamming AoE.
  • I’m thinking of giving up on TW all together, these bonuses are so overpowered/ridiculous attacks are going to be futile.
  • I like these bonuses. They're tough, but it doesn't punish me this time. No more bans. My guild protested this TW and we all signed up and only posted lousy defense to get the rewards. This wasn't cool or fun.
  • Eliza42 wrote: »
    I’m thinking of giving up on TW all together, these bonuses are so overpowered/ridiculous attacks are going to be futile.

I'm leader in our guild I can't give up. But I really wish I could, CG JUST STOP. PLEASE.
  • Comet19
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Faction bonuses like these? This is okay. This is what we wanted for this current TW. However, I think you misspelled the phrase "We'll never do toon bans again."
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Honestly, the only one that is broken is the Ewoks, but honestly Mace soloing entire teams was broken. These bonuses were only listed for this TW whereas the Mace-kill-a-Sith-Du was an entire month.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Eliza42 wrote: »
    I’m thinking of giving up on TW all together, these bonuses are so overpowered/ridiculous attacks are going to be futile.
    When in doubt, mirror match
  • Ban characters in another TW again, I dare you and you'll see the full power of the dark side. In latest news CG joining in on government shutdown due to lack of listening to community and now can no longer pay salaries.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    1. Please stop calling this the “community voted TW”, everyone knows that is not an accurate way to describe this thing.

2. The new bonuses look amazingly cool

3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

probably not
    with ai
    wicket will probably spam aoe
    logray will probably spam dispel
    paploo will probably spam assist call
    ee will probably spam heal

If your Teebo outspeeds the enemy team, you could attack with only Teebo and Wicket, and watch the loop of Teebo giving Wicket 100% TM and Wicket spamming AoE.
    hmm... didn't think about teebo
    I am sure the ai will screw that up also.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb while you may think it’s a good idea to bring picks and bans back to TW, don’t. It’s not a good idea. It’s a brainless and lazy tactic that EVERYONE hates. Not to mention banning toons throws the GP matchmaking out of whack so don’t.

Now adding faction buffs like this?? THAT is a good idea. That’s what the community wants. Want some feedback that’s simple and will make everyone happy? Stop banning toons. Kthxbye

false statement. I did not hate this TW.
  • Why would you bring bans back? Worst idea this game has ever had. That being said. The clones and Jawa buffs, and FO ships buffs are the only ones that make sense. The troopers and ewok ones would be too overpowered
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

They are really going to be murder bears now! You need to throw a wrench in their plans before they hit a critical mass of TM.
    This is the least “fun and playful” thing you have ever rolled out. Terrible idea. Had you probed the community before making this event I’m sure you would have been told overwhelmingly it’s a terrible idea
    Thank you for the feedback but I can find you examples on this very forum that say the Nov. Clone Wars bonuses was something folks enjoyed and would like to see for this next TW instead of picks and bans. Don't forget that prior to all of this, many players were unhappy with the lack of variety in TW as they were fighting the same teams over and over again.

We want to keep Territory Wars fresh and interesting but this means we need to try new things. Remember that the future of TW is not set in stone and we will continue to evolve it. If you don't like it, that's fine, let us know what you would like to see for next time.

Not hard to find those comments theres over 3000 in two threads not counting the deleted ones😉😘 i hope you all listen and never remove characters to “improve”gameplay again
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    As is, Imp Troopers are tough to beat, with the above buff, they reach god status. We have a guild member with the guild record of 13 failed attempts trying to beat his Imp Troopers. Now, with the endless buff, unbeatable.
  • Ok fine. Squad enhancements. Great. Could you give us more than 48 hours notice though next time? Officers have to scramble to figure out defenses now. We have to see who has viable ewoks, clones, troopers, etc. come up with a plan, assign squads, etc.

Can we get a week’s notice next time?
  • Buffs are "fun and playful". Bans are the worst idea to date. Way to tick off the whole community. Hopefully everyone will skip tw next time you think about bans.
  • As is, Imp Troopers are tough to beat, with the above buff, they reach god status. We have a guild member with the guild record of 13 failed attempts trying to beat his Imp Troopers. Now, with the endless buff, unbeatable.

We have a guild mate who got around 25 defends with his troopers a few months ago, it was nuts!
  • This is all caused by the Tony Stark way of selling arms to both sides. MAD mutually assured destruction. Unreal.. please will someone at CG chime in APRIL FOOLS
  • @CG_SBCrumb Please review (or better yet have the genius who came up with the banning of toons idea- was his name Sven?) over 100 pages of negative feedback regarding the banning of any toon in TW and tell me why that asinine idea is even on the table for another TW down the road?
  • I much prefer cycling buffed factions over bans. My for suggestions on future TWs:

1. Do a territory war with fleets in front to represent a pre-invasion space battle.
    2. Do a territory war that incorporates 3 char teams.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback but I can find you examples on this very forum that say the Nov. Clone Wars bonuses was something folks enjoyed and would like to see for this next TW instead of picks and bans.

I think the community would like to see ANYTHING instead of picks and bans.

And be careful about basing your opinions on what "folks enjoy" on what you read in these forums. A lot of things that run counter to what you hope to see are removed. Take a peak at the subreddit sometime and you'll get a far more honest opinion of some of the moves you guys make.

And for the love of all that's holy, listen to the community both here and on the subreddit. We overwhelmingly do not want bans again. It's only going to create more anomosity.

• HK22 wrote: »
    Honestly, the only one that is broken is the Ewoks, but honestly Mace soloing entire teams was broken. These bonuses were only listed for this TW whereas the Mace-kill-a-Sith-Du was an entire month.

And that was the best SWGOH month ever.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • STOP WITH THE BANS!!! Bans are a punishment. Kids know this but apparently not the devs.

These bonuses look pretty cool, scary but cool! At the very least its fun and new. Stick with this, not the dumb bans its so crazy and everyone seems to know that but the few people who create the game.
  • Love these bonuses! Now this is a fun TW @CG_SBCrumb. Can't wait!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lagandary wrote: »
    Imperial Troopers and Ewoks are going to be tough.

immortal almost
This discussion has been closed.