The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    OMG he just said bans may return and we’d love to hear more feedback in the same sentence. :D:D:D

That's probably the most ironic and true post ever made here
  • I'm positive about these buffs mostly because apparently our alternative is toon bans. I don't like that it's going to cause an endless damage cycle, especially since the devs have previously stated that anything causing an endless damage cycle is not wai. I don't have any of these teams built up. I'll see what happens. But if we have to choose between OP buffs and banning toons to the point we can barely participate in a TW, I'll choose the buffs.

Heck. I'll take a 3v3 TW over toon bans again.
  • CG,

You are truly unbelievable. After all the negative feed back you say bans could be back? Frankly I read that as a threat. There is a reason my guild and I boycotted the abomination of a TW. And it sure wasn't to hear you may bring it back.

Every time I start to think you couldn't possibly be more out of touch with your player base you prove me wrong. This TW I boycotted the next ban TW my wallet and I walk
  • @CG_SBCrumb Can you verify the verbiage on Stormtrooper's zeta in relation to the TW bonuses? Will the Bonus Offense remain when Troopers are revived by Endless ranks? Will it stack?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

They are really going to be murder bears now! You need to throw a wrench in their plans before they hit a critical mass of TM.
    This is the least “fun and playful” thing you have ever rolled out. Terrible idea. Had you probed the community before making this event I’m sure you would have been told overwhelmingly it’s a terrible idea
    Thank you for the feedback but I can find you examples on this very forum that say the Nov. Clone Wars bonuses was something folks enjoyed and would like to see for this next TW instead of picks and bans. Don't forget that prior to all of this, many players were unhappy with the lack of variety in TW as they were fighting the same teams over and over again.

We want to keep Territory Wars fresh and interesting but this means we need to try new things. Remember that the future of TW is not set in stone and we will continue to evolve it. If you don't like it, that's fine, let us know what you would like to see for next time.

ya but you buffed a few toons.... here your making troopers and ewoks immortalish..

This is not really a TW just whoever has the most troopers and ewoks...

Personally because of the rewards winning or losing is not a big deal.. But pulling up a list showing your opposing guild is going to throw up 2 walls of troopers 2 walls of ewoks a wall of revans and a wall of trayas...

When i look and say "BOY I sure hope they only have a traya wall".... not sure if that's a good thing...

Bonuses were cool....maybe this is just a little tooo much....

Then again maybe it will be awesome...depending on the matchmaking (as usual)

So we will see :)

EDIT : I guess as long as they rotate lol, I have none of those teams geared and I know that's what your trying to do get us to dump resources into other teams.... but 400+ bucks a month is not gearing the toons that actually matter these days :)

Now MOAR ship content MOAR MOAR MOAR !
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    do the devs really not understand the gravity of these changes?
    in november they buffed what.. 4 heroes? FOUR. out of 168.
    how do you go from that to... banning 20 heroes.
    and now...they're just flat out buffing 4 entire factions?!!?
    what's next? you ban all heroes except 20, of which the community only gets to pick 4?
  • I'll take this over bans all day long. Excited to use the bears and troopers to maximum mayhem.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Lagandary wrote: »
    Imperial Troopers and Ewoks are going to be tough.

immortal almost

Looks like boba and jango will have fun
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kokie wrote: »

immortal almost

forgot spy... g12 spy offense up.....hitting a toon with 12 buffs....just too glorious to not mention...but then again they can revive so I see your point
  • They are trying to get people to panic spend to gear up characters like Jawas and clones. I guess a few people will but mostly you’re just **** everyone off. Most people aren’t going to run out and buy a vault to get an extra gear level on their clones. I think the theme they are going for is you never know what’s going to be strong or have bonuses so you better gear everything. In reality though people just stop caring and then stop playing.
  • Kokie wrote: »

immortal almost

Oooh good idea. I might save my BHs that would go on defense.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    What would be the best no revive squad for this? Boba, Jango, DN, DT, and thrawn maybe?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019

In a way though maybe it's not all doom and gloom.... between the bans and mega buffing 4 factions it does seem like they have gone to extreme opposites which after MOAR AND MOAR feedback they might just be able to find something in the middle that everyone likes...

Now I take back the everyone...but maybe not the uproar the bans caused.

i hated the bans idea but it actually DID mix things up....granted we lostbut it gave me a chance to test out some different things... "none of which actually worked lol"..

Who knows maybe they will find a sweet spot
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Survivability would be the issue for a squad like that
  • Are we just gonna low key ignore that tbis kind of stuff is gonna replace reworking characters in the future? Pretty clear that's the route they're going. Bye bye mace, grievous and half the characters in the game ever being reworked
  • If you mix in bonuses to see if various factions could challenge the Meta in TW that MIGHT be interesting. But destroying most common teams by removing key toons is not fun. I want the opponents’ teams to work as expected. Somewhere out there if you have two guilds completely filled with maxed out g12 toons, go ahead and let those two guilds vote to ban each other’s toons in TW. Leave the rest of us alone.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Are we just gonna low key ignore that tbis kind of stuff is gonna replace reworking characters in the future? Pretty clear that's the route they're going. Bye bye mace, grievous and half the characters in the game ever being reworked

I doubt it... I would not spend a nickel to gear teams for TW bonuses...I woul spend money to gear a good reworked team....would be their loss
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Are we just gonna low key ignore that tbis kind of stuff is gonna replace reworking characters in the future? Pretty clear that's the route they're going. Bye bye mace, grievous and half the characters in the game ever being reworked

I doubt it... I would not spend a nickel to gear teams for TW bonuses...I woul spend money to gear a good reworked team....would be their loss

That’s what I’m saying. I’m not going to go buy a vault to gear my clones so they are good for literally 24 hours, and I doubt anyone else will either. Now if you did a full rework of clones and they were good all the time, sure then I would spend to gear them. All this does is make people angry/make them lose interest.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    what's next? you ban all heroes except 20, of which the community only gets to pick 4?
    Previously, First Order, Bounty Hunters, Resistance has faction wide buffs
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I do feel REAL bad for TW coordinators though....planning a strategy with these new additions in ONE day.....

CG not even giving people who would spend on this....time to spend

EDIT : I take that back..that's a good thing...well for us......the uber whale guilds prob already have all this :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    Previously, First Order, Bounty Hunters, Resistance has faction wide buffs

I see almost no comparison whatsoever...... I mean none zero zilch nada nothing. to those bonuses and what's being put out there...

Now I'm for the bans hahahahah..... Ban Elder, ban veers, ban datcha, ban rex

Those are my votes please add to the tally
  • So long as we have our full rosters I can get behind this. I'm interested to see how these insane faction buffs work out, compared to the individual buffs like we did with GG/Windu/etc.
  • If you want to buff toons to mix-up Territory Wars go ahead, we'll try it. But the exclusion of ANY toons in a collection based game needs to stop.. now preferably. Can't upset the balance, that is anti-Star Wars
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    OMG he just said bans may return and we’d love to hear more feedback in the same sentence. :D:D:D

Bet he was laughing..
    9d8chl8l8yz8.gif
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Desarob wrote: »
    If you want to buff toons to mix-up Territory Wars go ahead, we'll try it. But the exclusion of ANY toons in a collection based game needs to stop.. now preferably. Can't upset the balance, that is anti-Star Wars

Wasn't the whole reason we had star wars was cause the emperor like to ban aliens...Emperor banned tonsof stuff everywhere...hence Bans are totally star wars
  • is there a way to vote for the original tw. you know the one we love. not these forever plattoons. i got full roster and all the options that ea/cg is putting out there are not the tw i am looking for.

its like someone at ea/cg just wants to ruin tw.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

No loss, they don't make money off reworks.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Oh you should be the places I have been. Leaderboards are gonna change. You think players were mad about the bans.. you ain't seen nothing yet. Buckle up Dorothy, cause Kansas is going bye bye..
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Some of the replies here are from people who clearly did not read the post and see that this TW has unique faction buffs instead of banned characters.

Buffs are good, especially on underused characters. More please.

Bans are awful and smell like feet. Don't do those anymore.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

This discussion has been closed.