G12 gear crunch is over, thank you !!!!

Prev1
floppytechie
125 posts Member
edited January 2019
Now that g12 pieces have been added to shard shop, it seems like the g12 gear crunch is over. You get 2 pieces of salvage per 180 shards currency. Lets do the math then and see how easy it is now:

You need 30 salvage pieces for 1 g12 piece, and you get 2 for 180. Thats 2700 shard shop currency per salvage. Seems like a lot? Look at this now.

You get 15 shards from GW per day if you have maxed out your gw store. If you rank top 200 in arena, then you get 800+ arena tokens per day. That means 10 extra shards per day if you have maxed out your arena store. If you do 1 cantina refresh per day, you get enough currencyto buy 5 more shards if you have maxed out your cantina store. So 10+15+5=30 shards per day or 450 shard shop currency per day.

2700/450=6 so every 6 days you will be able to afford one full gear 12 piece. That's not counting any extra shards you get from raids, assault battles, defense of dathomir, endor escalation, secrets of dathomir, bronziums, normal energy usage, achievements or bounty events and other events. If you factor all this, the number can go down to maybe even 5 or 4 days. This is an amazing boost and I believe there will be no more g12 gear problems from now on. Kudos CG!!!! Thanks where thanks is due.

Now please do the same for stun guns and all will be right in this world(game) ;)

@CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Carrie
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    There was a g12 crunch?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    There was a g12 crunch?

if you still haven't finished buying hoda or wampa, yeah
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It is great they added this but the only flaw I see in your math is rng. Meaning the same peices would need to shiw up 15 times in those six days.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    It is great they added this but the only flaw I see in your math is rng. Meaning the same peices would need to shiw up 15 times in those six days.

the pieces seem to have their own slots to appear in and if you maybe buy everything you can everyday, over a month you might end up with 5 complete pieces. i dont know the probabilities of them appearing otherwise id have factored that in. this is just a simplistic calculation to show the potential of it
  • Seems your forgetting the 40 salvage to match the 30 to make a piece, little more then 2700, more like 6300, amd more like Mebbe one per two weeks, if the same pieces show up.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    I would suggest gear lvl 13 is imminent

I hope. Perfect GA reward, to motivate all active players

God I hope not. New gear should come with either a new raid or Territory Battle.
  • evoluza wrote: »

I hope. Perfect GA reward, to motivate all active players

please no. they dont need to put any gear 13 in the horrible grand arena system. maybe a ship raid if they are going to do it but if they put exclusive gear reward around grand arena i dont think it will motivate people as much as it will cause an exodus because how flawed grand arena is.

ea/cg doesnt listen to sound logic though so your probably right.
  • Seems your forgetting the 40 salvage to match the 30 to make a piece, little more then 2700, more like 6300, amd more like Mebbe one per two weeks, if the same pieces show up.

Lol I thought the exact same thing, the OP forgot how g12 pieces work, not to mention that he implies that we should ONLY use it on g12. Given that stun guns are such a pain and they show up in that store it's basically like balancing those out and reducing one crunch to increase another.

@floppytechie did you honestly think that this addition alone could ever have such an impact? Like @GhostTruckin said, you're basically off by 3500 which means it's more like 2.5-3 week rather than 1 week per item. Your excitement got the best of you there bud.
  • It isn't over.
  • It isn't over.
    It has just begun.
  • It isn't over.
    It has just begun.

I don't see how adding 1 slot in a store where the currency is kinda limited has ended the crunch. It's like the change in income tax last year making me richer. Of course my returns are going to be smaller, but I got an extra $12 in my weekly check. B)
  • The 2 pieces of gear12 salvage available now will not even put a dent in the gear crunch.
  • You have 2 G12+ per toon and over 150 toon. So 300 G12 + at one per 6 days mean 5 years to complete everything. 😳

Basically, there is so many other gear type that you need to buy in the shard shop like carbanti, stun gun, cuff and other g11 gear that you need to go g12 (restricted to 7*) that actually, I don’t think i will buy this g12+ gear
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Jefferx wrote: »
    You have 2 G12+ per toon and over 150 toon. So 300 G12 + at one per 6 days mean 5 years to complete everything. 😳

Basically, there is so many other gear type that you need to buy in the shard shop like carbanti, stun gun, cuff and other g11 gear that you need to go g12 (restricted to 7*) that actually, I don’t think i will buy this g12+ gear

While generally I agree with you there is a lot of good things in that store. Usually I operate at a surplus for shard shop currency. Cassian u wing with cantina store currency rancor haat hsith and tb rewards ensure that its rare I see something I want that I can't buy so the extra choice is a good thing to me.
  • I would like to say thank you CG for putting gear 12 salvage in the shard shop! It was a nice boost to wake up and find that salvage in a place other than the guild event store!
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Jefferx wrote: »
    You have 2 G12+ per toon and over 150 toon. So 300 G12 + at one per 6 days mean 5 years to complete everything. 😳

While generally I agree with you there is a lot of good things in that store. Usually I operate at a surplus for shard shop currency. Cassian u wing with cantina store currency rancor haat hsith and tb rewards ensure that its rare I see something I want that I can't buy so the extra choice is a good thing to me.

I'm not saying its bad. I'm saying it isn't the firesale solution the OP is implying it is.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

That and peoples need for the important stuff there goes away.... ill take guns carbs cuffs bactas droids... take my chances on HSTR for g12
  • Imo it didn't make the dramatic difference that the OP claims but it's still a nice perk. As for the stun gun argument...thats really only a valid argument for people under a million gp. At 1.6m i can spend to my hearts content and it only goes up from here.
  • So far not the gear 12 pieces i need
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    And a level cap increase

I’m so not looking forward to the Road Ahead
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Imo it didn't make the dramatic difference that the OP claims but it's still a nice perk. As for the stun gun argument...thats really only a valid argument for people under a million gp. At 1.6m i can spend to my hearts content and it only goes up from here.

People over 1.6m don’t need stun guns? I’ll assume I misunderstood this
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Imo it didn't make the dramatic difference that the OP claims but it's still a nice perk. As for the stun gun argument...thats really only a valid argument for people under a million gp. At 1.6m i can spend to my hearts content and it only goes up from here.

Someone forgot to tell my roster that, if that is true.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

I think he’s saying that people over 1.6m have unlimited shard shop currency. I guess I missed the memo on that one too.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

I think he’s saying that people over 1.6m have unlimited shard shop currency. I guess I missed the memo on that one too.

I'm a hair short of 2.5 million and I still burn shard currency as fast as I get it. Clearly I am a scrub.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi wrote: »

He meant 4.6m.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • He might have meant mk IV stun guns 😂
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ya, I need more mk IV stun guns. No one said that, ever. To quote my GL.

Edit: Oh ya, just turned 3.5m, still buying all the guns I can find, but ahead of the carbs by about 50.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.